• Last »

Morph Feature Request

#61 User is offline   guijarrelson 

• Spanish Translator of: MorphXT - StulleMule ScarAngel - Mephisto
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 May 2007 - 12:42 AM

View PostQuezl, on May 17 2007, 12:29 AM, said:

Or why not drop that ninja mule completely and make the two dl/ul speedbars bigger and tile them horizontally and also make a history graph out of them while you're at it?

Make this optional so people can choose between "old style" - narrow download speedbar and morph's ninja mule - and "new style" - wider download and upload speedbar/history graph, no ninja mule. :flowers:

PS: make the upload graph green and the download graph red... ;)

i think that it isn't a good idea... i don't like drop the ninja mule... and the colors, i think better down green - up red

i'm not agree with you Quezl

:flowers:
MorphXT Spanish Support forum in http://spanishmorphxt.activoforo.com/

#62 User is offline   Andu 

• Morph Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2007 - 07:37 PM

How about adding intelliflush? I have seen on many occasions that it can take a while till a chunk is hashed. Especially if you have set a large filebuffer. Since sharing chunks quickly should be a priority I suggest looking at the feature.

http://forum.emule-p...s...st&p=885006

---------------- gotenssj ---------------
how about to take the IntelliFlush function from the emulefuture mod??
(It's an enhancement of the filebuffer system. Once activated you can raise the filebuffer up to 30MB per file and adjust the time after which a flush will be forced.
IntelliFlush will flush automatically whenever you complete a chunk so you can share it ASAP.)
-------------------------

/edit by leuk_he. Merged duplicate request.

This post has been edited by leuk_he: 06 June 2007 - 09:21 AM

Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Dark Lord of the Forum

Morph your Mule

Need a little help with your MorphXT? Click here

#63 User is offline   jawwiste 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2007 - 01:28 PM

how about adding a feature to hide/show a category, and if possible, and of course it's possible to password protect it :)
thks

#64 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 June 2007 - 07:21 PM

View Postjawwiste, on Jun 1 2007, 01:28 PM, said:

how about adding a feature to hide/show a category, and if possible, and of course it's possible to password protect it :)
thks

too much of a bloat ware mod, that would make the morph... probably perfect for stullemule :P but i doubt it... maybe in a year or ten...
I am an emule-web.de member and fan!

[Imagine there was a sarcasm meter right here!]

No, there will not be a new version of my mods. No, I do not want your PM. No, I am certain, use the board and quit sending PMs. No, I am not kidding, there will not be a new version of my mods just because of YOU asking for it!

#65 User is offline   Andu 

• Morph Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 June 2007 - 07:28 PM

Doesn't 0.48a support the Windows user control? Since the next version of Morph will be based on 0.48a you might be able to use that.

Dark Lord of the Forum

Morph your Mule

#66 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 June 2007 - 07:31 PM

View PostAndu, on Jun 2 2007, 07:28 PM, said:

Doesn't 0.48a support the Windows user control? Since the next version of Morph will be based on 0.48a you might be able to use that.

i am not to certain about that. would need s/b to test it... (not with MW mod, though... *giggling, going off the stage*)

No, there will not be a new version of my mods. No, I do not want your PM. No, I am certain, use the board and quit sending PMs. No, I am not kidding, there will not be a new version of my mods just because of YOU asking for it!

#67 User is offline   ToonGal 

• 'Toons, TV, & Comix galore
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 June 2007 - 04:25 PM

Wanted: More useful A4AF functionality, automatic or manual.

I have a group of friends I share/distribute full TV shows with, and we friend slot one another to help fastest distribution of a new show I'm sending. Frequently, I've received complaints from my friends that they wind up with one another sitting bandwidth idle sending/receiving, because the current file in the list has no new parts to send/recieve. They sit idle, even though there might be a long list of other files to which they could receive chunks from each other, because the current requested file needs no parts.

I use Morph exclusively for years now, and hope this is possible. I remember in old eMule clients the ability to manually switch the file of the moment. Were it automatically better in recognizing there are other bytes to send / receive, or manually able to pick the file of the moment for a user, would be great.

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration. :)

#68 User is offline   Andu 

• Morph Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2007 - 01:06 AM

Can we please have separate sorting for every category? Currently if you change the sorting in the default category it changes in all other categories too. It works the other way round too.

Dark Lord of the Forum

Morph your Mule

#69 User is offline   EvolutionCrazy 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 June 2007 - 09:52 PM

View PostToonGal, on Jun 3 2007, 06:25 PM, said:

Wanted: More useful A4AF functionality, automatic or manual.

I have a group of friends I share/distribute full TV shows with, and we friend slot one another to help fastest distribution of a new show I'm sending. Frequently, I've received complaints from my friends that they wind up with one another sitting bandwidth idle sending/receiving, because the current file in the list has no new parts to send/recieve. They sit idle, even though there might be a long list of other files to which they could receive chunks from each other, because the current requested file needs no parts.

I use Morph exclusively for years now, and hope this is possible. I remember in old eMule clients the ability to manually switch the file of the moment. Were it automatically better in recognizing there are other bytes to send / receive, or manually able to pick the file of the moment for a user, would be great.

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration. :)

+1 for this... i had many times a similar problem...
user source for 3 files... but assignet to the one it was NNP :(
There are three kinds of people in this world: people who watch things happen ... people who complain about things that happen ... and people who make things happen...

#70 User is offline   Quezl 

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2007 - 12:37 AM

View PostUlixes, on Feb 9 2007, 06:26 PM, said:

View PostGreatInca, on Jun 21 2006, 01:30 AM, said:

I also want a resizable mass-rename window for those very long filenames.

I also vote for resizable & modeless mass-rename window!

Thanks for bringing us this great mod!

I'd like to have this also for the preferences window. At least resizable, because some of the "Mod options" are too wide, so that a horizontal scrollbar appears. :-1: Modeless would be great, too.

Well, for the time being, making it a little bit bigger would be highly appreciated. The right part really is too small for all the advanced options.

This post has been edited by Quezl: 08 June 2007 - 12:40 AM

#71 User is offline   Andu 

• Morph Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2007 - 02:01 PM

Here is the idea about virtual file names that I had. I posted it in FR but it doesn't really require official support. It would do just fine as a mod feature.

http://forum.emule-p...mp;#entry883710

Dark Lord of the Forum

Morph your Mule

#72 User is offline   Quezl 

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2007 - 03:39 PM

View PostAndu, on Jun 8 2007, 04:01 PM, said:

Here is the idea about virtual file names that I had. I posted it in FR but it doesn't really require official support. It would do just fine as a mod feature.

http://forum.emule-p...mp;#entry883710

:thumbup:

#73 User is offline   Mathieu Clavel 

• PipPip

Posted 09 June 2007 - 11:34 PM

A way to personalize the submenus "limit of complete source" and "limit by data amount uploaded" from powershare with values I usually use. (like 300%, 1000%, ... i only use the data amount)

#74 User is offline   3ngel 

• Pip

Posted 11 June 2007 - 07:37 PM

In the Shared Files section, right panel, when i click on a file, on the bottom panel in addition to

Current Section/Requests
Current Section/Accepted Uploads
Current Section/Transferred

it would be good to have

Current Section/On Queue

that shows the number of clients that are waiting to download a chunk from the file

View PostAndu, on Jun 11 2007, 09:58 PM, said:

Yea I thought about the same when I watched some of my releases. Dunno why I didn't request it. Probably thought it wasn't worth making a fuss about.

This post has been edited by leuk_he: 12 June 2007 - 08:06 AM

#75 User is offline   Andu 

• Morph Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2007 - 10:57 PM

A per category option to add new downloads in paused mode.

Dark Lord of the Forum

Morph your Mule

#76 User is offline   BigRedBrent 

• You will be safe now, good citizen..... For I am..... BATMAN!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2007 - 04:59 AM

http://forum.emule-p...howtopic=127179

Could you add at least minimum support for a .ed2k collection file? The minimum support shouldn't be to difficult to add as I laid out most of the rules in the post I made about it.

If I had the ability to code support for this myself I would. As far as I can tell support for this other then a way to handle a directory structure would be relatively simple for someone with coding skills in the required programming language. Honestly the directory structure is at the bottom of my priority list but the way I have laid everything out support for a directory structure could be implemented at a later time.

If an ed2k client wants to just add the limited most basic support they could just add support for stripping away or ignoring all spaces and tabs in the file that are in front of or behind a line, and then only reading lines that begin with:
ed2k://

When the file is read by the client then all of the information in the link(s) should be used such as the full hash set if present, just as if you had manually copy and pasted the link into the ed2k client.

The only reason I ask for support for this from a mod of emule is that I have rarely seen a feature added to emule that was not already added to a mod first. I also do not use any other client but Morph myself and have always enjoyed using this mod. I would definitely appreciate some help or support with this idea, I only hope it does not require me learning everything about coding that I would need to learn to see this idea into fruition.

This post has been edited by BigRedBrent: 14 August 2007 - 10:42 PM

#77 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2007 - 01:58 PM

euhm, this would mean a recode of most emule code. for now we only have one layer of categories. every cat may get an own subfolder for the incoming files. using subfolders as you seem to propose would mean multiple layers of categories... well, no thanks.

#78 User is offline   jawwiste 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 August 2007 - 01:43 PM

why not to add a feature that verify all part files in the temp folder, and display a message if a part file don't have a correspondent name in the transfer list??

#79 User is offline   BigRedBrent 

• You will be safe now, good citizen..... For I am..... BATMAN!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:24 PM

View PostStulle, on Aug 13 2007, 09:58 AM, said:

euhm, this would mean a recode of most emule code. for now we only have one layer of categories. every cat may get an own subfolder for the incoming files.

My request to the Morph team is for at least minimum support. The directory thing is not required at all for minimum support. It could be added at a later time as long as the minimum support guide lines are met.

It would in no way require as much effort to add minimum support. Minimum support would also ensure that additions to the functionality could be added at a later time. Clients that do not add support for the additional functions would not see a difference and would still be able to use the files in the same way that they had been. If they want to add support for the more advanced features they could do so at any time.

That is the beauty of this format. It is all about backwards compatibility and simplifying integration to third part clients. All clients can add the level of support that they like as long as they stick to the guide lines. And the minimum support I described above does stick to those guide lines.

View PostStulle, on Aug 13 2007, 09:58 AM, said:

using subfolders as you seem to propose would mean multiple layers of categories... well, no thanks.

Well the format that I proposed does not yet go into the technical details of how the client themselves will handle the more advanced features. And the format does allow some features to be left out until a way to add them is later developed.

I added this to my main post since you brought it up:

I think if you want to add directory structure support to the client you may want to add the ability to add a download destination to each file instead of just to each category. If a file specific download destination is set it should supersede the category download destination. Personally I think this ability to add a per file download destination independent of categories should be implemented regardless of how it may be used.

I personally would leave the directory structure support to the official emule developers to add at a later time unless you want to get a bit zealous. I think the directory structure support would need to be added to the official code so that other mods would be able to integrate this ability much smoother.

This post has been edited by BigRedBrent: 14 August 2007 - 10:56 PM

#80 User is offline   leuk_he 

• MorphXT team.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2007 - 04:58 PM

View PostJacob102, on Aug 16 2007, 01:56 PM, said:

Two features request:

1.Country flags in kad tab.

Useless. You do not have any effect on kad nodes anyway.

2.Virus scanner in mod options.

maybe from tk4 mod?
Download the MorphXT emule mod here: eMule Morph mod

Trouble connecting to a server? Use kad and /or refresh your server list
Strange search results? Check for fake servers! Or download morph, enable obfuscated server required, and far less fake server seen.

Looking for morphXT translators. If you want to translate the morph strings please come here (you only need to be able to write, no coding required. ) Covered now: cn,pt(br),it,es_t,fr.,pl Update needed:de,nl
-Morph FAQ [English wiki]--Het grote emule topic deel 13 [Nederlands]
if you want to send a message i will tell you to open op a topic in the forum. Other forum lurkers might be helped as well.

• Member Options

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users