• +
  • Last »

Morph Feature Request

#41 User is offline   Jacob102 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 February 2007 - 06:46 PM

Greetings Morph Team. :respect:

I've got only one reply to you guys.Please do something with upload. :worthy: Maybe something like in **** Mod, where you decide how many upload slots you want to open and what speed you want per slot.Is this possible to create the code when your mod will open four upload slots (my current upload speed is 16 kB/s) and send equal value of kB/s to each of them?It will look very nice when I will upload 4 kB/s in each opened slot.

If you can't do this at least add an option to change the value "3" to any other in uploadspeed/3kbps.For example my upload speed is 16kB/s so morph mod should open 6 upload slots but if I will change the value "3" to four it should open only four upload slots.

In Morph Mod the upload is very unstable and low maybe because of my CfosSpeed. Could you improve work of your mod with traffic shapers like CfosSpeed.

Yours faithfully Jacob102

This post has been edited by SiRoB: 19 February 2007 - 07:08 PM

#42 User is offline   leuk_he 

• MorphXT team.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 February 2007 - 06:59 PM

View PostJacob102, on Feb 19 2007, 07:46 PM, said:

Greetings Morph Team. :respect:

I've got only one reply to you guys.Please do something with upload. :worthy: Maybe something like in ***** Mod, where you decide how many upload slots you want to open and what speed you want per slot.Is this possible to create the code when your mod will open four upload slots (my current upload speed is 16 kB/s) and send equal value of kB/s to each of them?It will look very nice when I will upload 4 kB/s in each opened slot.

If you can't do this at least add an option to change the value "3" to any other in uploadspeed/3kbps.For example my upload speed is 16kB/s so morph mod should open 6 upload slots but if I will change the value "3" to four it should open only four upload slots.

In Morph Mod the upload is very unstable and low maybe because of my CfosSpeed. Could you improve work of your mod with traffic shapers like CfosSpeed.

Yours faithfully Jacob102

In option -> morph mod -> upload managemnet -> set client datarate to 4 (also test 5....) and powershare client datarate to5 and this might just do what you want.

This post has been edited by SiRoB: 19 February 2007 - 07:09 PM

Download the MorphXT emule mod here: eMule Morph mod

Trouble connecting to a server? Use kad and /or refresh your server list
Strange search results? Check for fake servers! Or download morph, enable obfuscated server required, and far less fake server seen.

Looking for morphXT translators. If you want to translate the morph strings please come here (you only need to be able to write, no coding required. ) Covered now: cn,pt(br),it,es_t,fr.,pl Update needed:de,nl
-Morph FAQ [English wiki]--Het grote emule topic deel 13 [Nederlands]
if you want to send a message i will tell you to open op a topic in the forum. Other forum lurkers might be helped as well.

#43 User is offline   Mithgol 

• Fidonet SysOp
  • PipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 21 February 2007 - 05:20 PM

I'd like to see the following features implemented (some of them I miss after migration from SF-iom mod):
  • List of requested files should be a scrollable box, not a messagebox (messagebox exceeds screen size after 30+ files with long filenames that tend to wrap)
  • File comments and bad/poor/fair/good/excellent ratings set by other servents should be viewable and my own comments and ratings editable in the same dialog window, uniformly, both in 'transfer' window and 'shared files' window.
  • [new request] File comments and bad/poor/fair/good/excellent ratings set by other servents should be cached and then viewable even when the corresponding servent is already disconnected. (When I try to view a user comment in Morph, the mod sometimes quickly deletes the comment before I see it and hides the rating marker if the corresponding servent is already disconnected.)
  • If no comments/ratings are set, a filename in transfer window should not have an empty left indent.
  • It should be possible to preview incomplete files (and to open complete files) from 'shared files' window and from 'on queue' window to see what's shared.
  • Very small files should be uploaded with highest priority, sometimes even before the powershared ones, because very small files just don't worth the resources wasted for queueing them up for a long time. (The lesser file is, the higher its upload rating must be.)
  • [Implemented in v10.2] If some directory were shared with all of its subdirectories, it's useful to check whether any new subdirectories were created there before each time the mod starts.
  • It should be possible to limit 'upload+overhead' speed instead of just upload. For example, a modem user with 33kbps upstream setting his upload limit to 2Kb/s is not accurate; setting 'upload+overhead' to 3Kb/s would be more accurate.
  • Viewing a list of shared files of a certain servent should not happen in the 'search' window, because the list has more hierarchical nature. There should be a tree-box of directories and subdirectories.
  • [new request] Full sources should collect IPs+ports of other sources and participate in source exchange.
  • [new request] 'Search Sources' event in Kad window should display filename (like 'Store File' does), because this is one of the most interesting pieces of information there.
All of these features were present in SF-iom, except the preview in 'on queue' and filenames for 'Search Sources' events in Kad window.

SF-iom also makes it possible to change upload and download priorities without switching between 'transfers' and 'shared files', both items appear in the context menu in both windows. And to change the release status, which is a SF-iom equivalent of powershare.

I'd like to see it in 'on queue' also, where it is natural to observe how priorities affect QRs and scores.

/Edit by leuk_he... merged some posts.

/Edit by Mithgol to add [Implemented in v10.2] message and a [new request].

/Edit by Mithgol to add two new requests.

This post has been edited by Mithgol: 06 October 2007 - 04:23 AM

#44 User is offline   Blisset 

• PipPip

Posted 24 February 2007 - 05:42 PM

Please, can you add a feature to lower priority process (normal/low/idle) for hashing operation?
I've 2 Ghz cpu but during hashing PC is veeery very very slow until hashing task finish.

Same feature is in EmulePlus mod from 0.24 version...
Thank you very much

#45 User is offline   Crowley 

• PipPip

Posted 26 February 2007 - 09:58 AM

I'd like a rename friends feature like in emulefuture-Mod (see "friendlist tuning").

#46 User is offline   matra_dj 

• Pip

Posted 05 March 2007 - 03:17 PM

Hi2All!

I have a very simple and small request 4 new feature (i think)

the percent's number showed in the transfer window for the file % Posted Image..
and the client % Posted Image

my request is: opacity selectable for the n% like the miniMule opacity option in the 9.4 and 9.5 version

i think this feature is helpful to see all part status of the download/client

#47 User is offline   Mindeye 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2007 - 08:18 AM

There are two features that I'd like to see in Morph:

- An option to control hashing performance. Every time a big file is completed, my PC gets unresponsive for a couple minutes (not only because of CPU usage, but mainly I/O access). I don't mind a slower completion if the computer performance isn't affected

- A search option to exclude completed/already downloaded files. I sometimes download many files with a common keyword and, as eMule limits search results number, the search only returns files I already have. I know there are other options, like using NOT operators, but this feature would be simpler and more useful

And thanks to the Morph developers for this fantastic mod :thumbup:

#48 User is offline   matra_dj 

• Pip

Posted 12 March 2007 - 08:09 PM

a new voice on the sources menu to change/order/sort the download file from an other user

example (excuse me for the bad graphics)

Posted Image

#49 User is offline   cafebean 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2007 - 11:34 PM

A dynamic lower limit for the Credit System based on the number of downloaders of a file.

Many credit systems in morph have a lower than default limit, such systems are nice because they gave less to leechers when there are many requesters for a file. But when there are only one or two people downloading a large file (set at auto-hi) from me... well they won't get much after a small amount of download. Manually finding such files for release is a burdened and more so for downloaders.

So, I would like the minimal rating of a queued client to be higher than defined when uploading a less requested file. A function for lower limit could be:

lowerLimit = 100/ sqrt(requesters);

so that

requesters for a file -> lower rating limit
1 -> 100
2 -> 70
3 -> 58
4 -> 50
100 -> 10

This may seems to duplicate auto file priority, but it should fix problems that some credit systems cause to auto file priority.

#50 User is offline   matra_dj 

• Pip

Posted 16 April 2007 - 11:45 AM

selectable file search like hebMule-Onyx where the sites for the search are in the file websearches.heb

#51 User is offline   trodas 

• 3Ghz fanless Opty
  • PipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 20 April 2007 - 11:03 AM

Option that allow sharing subdirectories too within UNC paths on remote machines.

Option that allow do not discard these UNC paths from preferences, when the remote machine goes offline. (checking if the machine is awailable on low priority once per 2 min?)

Option to show a warning icon (similar to comment one, just warning red DRM one) on files that are DRM protected, hence fake and unplayable for everyone (and even dangerous to someone credit card, possibly)...
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire
...just keep folding, just keep folding... user posted image my config

#52 User is offline   pennyliu123 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 April 2007 - 09:36 PM

Is it possible to read RSS or IRC in Utf-8? :confused:

#53 User is offline   Heiler 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2007 - 01:24 AM

I tried to do something here, but I couldn't myself.. then I'm asking you.. could you please change the default sorting on the search window? I think it should be sorted by availability(sources) by default. Most users use like that and it would be easier for newbies.

SearchListCtrlTableSortItem

thanx

View PostStulle, on May 5 2007, 03:58 PM, said:

it's rather easy to change that. the sorting is saved. all one needs to do is initializing the save value in a way it will sort by the avail. src.

/merged post from stulle into this one. by leuk_he

This post has been edited by leuk_he: 08 May 2007 - 08:58 AM

Heiler
[MorphXT PT-BR translator]

#54 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2007 - 01:58 PM

it's rather easy to change that. the sorting is saved. all one needs to do is initializing the save value in a way it will sort by the avail. src.
I am an emule-web.de member and fan!

[Imagine there was a sarcasm meter right here!]

No, there will not be a new version of my mods. No, I do not want your PM. No, I am certain, use the board and quit sending PMs. No, I am not kidding, there will not be a new version of my mods just because of YOU asking for it!

#55 User is offline   Andu 

• Morph Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2007 - 09:01 PM

Guys if you want to implement auto downloads on string match you could completely finish the job and add auto download from RSS feeds. It would have to be customizable tho. Let's say you have a feed for a Linux distro and the site adds both CD and DVD releases in the same feed. You would just need one of those and therefore you need to be able to specify some terms that you require to be part of the link that you want to add.
Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Dark Lord of the Forum

Morph your Mule

Need a little help with your MorphXT? Click here

#56 User is offline   Vahagn 

• Morph Rider
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 May 2007 - 08:01 AM

View Postmatra_dj, on Mar 5 2007, 08:17 PM, said:

Hi2All!

I have a very simple and small request 4 new feature (i think)

the percent's number showed in the transfer window for the file % Posted Image..
and the client % Posted Image

my request is: opacity selectable for the n% like the miniMule opacity option in the 9.4 and 9.5 version

i think this feature is helpful to see all part status of the download/client

:+1:
Аlthough i think, a separate column for percentage will be better :)
eMule v0.50a [MorphXT v12.3] @ Windows 7 Ultimate x64

#57 User is offline   Jaff - MIDI maniac 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 May 2007 - 02:40 PM

* An upload speedmeter on systray icon like download speedmeter (default colors: green for download / red for upload) :rolleyes:
Posted Image

Imi este indiferent ce cred ceilalti despre mine, caci oricum fiecare crede ce-i convine lui si nu ceea ce e real, doar ca mi-ar fi placut sa ma vada asa cum sint de fapt, nu asa cum poate le-ar placea lor sa creada. Ei au ales deja...

#58 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 May 2007 - 02:56 PM

View PostJaff - MIDI maniac, on May 15 2007, 02:40 PM, said:

* An upload speedmeter on systray icon like download speedmeter (default colors: green for download / red for upload) :rolleyes:

hum not too bad but honestly, the upload bandwith is always close to the (possible) maximum so there will not be much of a chance. furthermore you need to agree that the space around that tiny little icon (i think it is 16x16) is very limited. adding another speedmeter would mean to decrease the icons size even more!
I am an emule-web.de member and fan!

[Imagine there was a sarcasm meter right here!]

No, there will not be a new version of my mods. No, I do not want your PM. No, I am certain, use the board and quit sending PMs. No, I am not kidding, there will not be a new version of my mods just because of YOU asking for it!

#59 User is offline   guijarrelson 

• Spanish Translator of: MorphXT - StulleMule ScarAngel - Mephisto
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 May 2007 - 07:35 PM

i think it's not bad... an option to activate the upload and the download bar or the classic download bar... user decides what wants to see...

i like the feature...

:thumbup:
MorphXT Spanish Support forum in http://spanishmorphxt.activoforo.com/

#60 User is offline   Quezl 

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2007 - 10:29 PM

Or why not drop that ninja mule completely and make the two dl/ul speedbars bigger and tile them horizontally and also make a history graph out of them while you're at it?

Make this optional so people can choose between "old style" - narrow download speedbar and morph's ninja mule - and "new style" - wider download and upload speedbar/history graph, no ninja mule. :flowers:

PS: make the upload graph green and the download graph red... ;)

This post has been edited by Quezl: 16 May 2007 - 10:33 PM

• Member Options

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users