Official eMule-Board: Emule V0.50A Mephisto V3.0 - Official eMule-Board

• (24 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Emule V0.50A Mephisto V3.0 Xtreme's evil heir | Upload improvements and installer

#61 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 December 2007 - 09:24 PM

my mod's in love? with whom? i didn't know!
I am an emule-web.de member and fan!

[Imagine there was a sarcasm meter right here!]

No, there will not be a new version of my mods. No, I do not want your PM. No, I am certain, use the board and quit sending PMs. No, I am not kidding, there will not be a new version of my mods just because of YOU asking for it!

#62 User is offline   Buziobello 

• PipPip

Posted 31 December 2007 - 09:59 AM

Uhm, i think slotfocus is not working properly... After an hour and half of using, with a 48 upload bandwidht limited to 40, mephisto is keeping opening ~40 slots in upload, 2 of them trickle and the rest normal slots. Almost all the slots upload at 0.5 kb/sec (and not changing) and one uploading at 17. How can i avoid that behaviour? I'd like to have 3 max 4 slots in order to upload full chunk in a fast way...

All options are set as default, I've only changed the minimum no. of slots at 2 and I'm using NAFC upload/download control.

edit: after haviong chosen the nafc full control mephisto is not opening new slots and slowly is finishing to upload the full chunk for the remaining slots open (now there are 37)

This post has been edited by Buziobello: 31 December 2007 - 10:02 AM

"Esistono 10 tipi di persone al mondo: quelle che conoscono il binario e quelle che non lo conoscono..."

#63 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 December 2007 - 10:17 AM

first of all, RTFM! i will not support any setting i do not approve in advance. for the moment that is only the default setting.

other than that it is none of my concern if you do not set your upload limit properly. set it well and it will work.

No, there will not be a new version of my mods. No, I do not want your PM. No, I am certain, use the board and quit sending PMs. No, I am not kidding, there will not be a new version of my mods just because of YOU asking for it!

#64 User is offline   Buziobello 

• PipPip

Posted 31 December 2007 - 10:52 AM

First of all, I've used emule since 2002, so i think i KNOW what i'm doing with options. Second, with the previous version of mephisto this problem didn't occur, so i guessed that it is a problem of this version. Third, what does RTFM mean?

And, by the way, i've written i'm using the default setting apart the number of minimum slots opened, so I really don't understand why you are so harsh...

Asking is legit, answering is courtesy :)

Happy new year!

This post has been edited by Buziobello: 31 December 2007 - 10:52 AM

"Esistono 10 tipi di persone al mondo: quelle che conoscono il binario e quelle che non lo conoscono..."

#65 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 December 2007 - 10:59 AM

i highly doubt you use this mod and even more so this version since 2002. thus i highly doubt you know exactly what you do with the upload unless you actually read the code or the manual (RTFM = read the fucking manual).

anyway, i stated that the upload has been changed so it doesn't require much to gather things may have changed.

i don't care about the other settings you are changing. but the upload settings are not to be changed (as stated in the faq/ manual). the warning to do it on your own risk within the program should be enough. so forgive me for not supporting you unless you change anything back and even more so forgive me that you will have to enter a proper upload value to get the mod working.

#66 User is offline   Buziobello 

• PipPip

Posted 31 December 2007 - 11:16 AM

This is a pointless discussion, because apparently you are not reading what i'm writing. No problem, the mod now seems working well, thanks for helping and good luck for everything.

#67 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 December 2007 - 11:22 AM

no it's not really pointless because it shows once again what annoys me. it's people ignoring the faq and what i write in that faq. i don't know why i am ruddy writing that thing if i have to tell anyone about it. i didn't know it's such a pain to think and search before asking questions...

#68 User is offline   omeringen 

• löl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 December 2007 - 03:39 PM

View PostStulle, on Dec 31 2007, 12:17 PM, said:

first of all, RTFM! i will not support any setting i do not approve in advance. for the moment that is only the default setting.
other than that it is none of my concern if you do not set your upload limit properly. set it well and it will work.

I did not changed anything except "shared files management".
my maximum upload speed is 64 kb/s , upload limit is 48 kb/s.
last two days there was no problem , it happened suddenly.
is it a bug or are we doing something wrong ?
Posted Image
I am rebooting my router and computer now.maybe it happened for bad internet connection.
I hope I would not happen again , I will write my oppinions there again...

txnks for mephisto and support again , I really liked it :flowers:

This post has been edited by erdem444: 31 December 2007 - 03:58 PM

#69 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 December 2007 - 03:58 PM

well, first of all, everything works like expected. it increases the number of slots when the slots cannot take it all. why this is happening is beyond me for the moment. make sure emule really is able to get the bandwith you want to give it. so either enable nafc or make sure there is no other program uploading at the same time.

if you are certain emule should get its upload make sure your line is good. your isp might be blocking the hell out of you. maybe some local admin, too. do you use cfos(speed)? also a possible cause.

there also is the distinct but really unlikely possiblity that all those clients really are blocking so bad. if this is the case you gotta live with it. it's a pitty so many poorly configured clients are in the net...

#70 User is offline   omeringen 

• löl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 December 2007 - 09:20 PM

edited;because there is no interests about crc errors and my slot problem.(there is more crcs but no socket blocking problems now , It would be a temporary problem.)

it's the first mod with slotfocus I used.really liked it.
forget about errors ,
what do you think about adding "smart A4AF control(SAC)".

thanks again ;)

This post has been edited by erdem444: 01 January 2008 - 01:11 PM

#71 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 January 2008 - 08:52 AM

what's the problem with xtreme a4af?

#72 User is offline   ешьщ 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 January 2008 - 08:37 PM

hi all! The mod is good! I read the FAQ, but didn't find the explanation of my problem: I found the new "Warning" in the log:

01.01.2008 20:46:18: Accepted new client: BW not reached
01.01.2008 20:46:18: WARNING! Vetoed new client: This should not happend too frequently
01.01.2008 20:46:20: Accepted new client: BW not reached
01.01.2008 20:46:20: WARNING! Vetoed new client: This should not happend too frequently
01.01.2008 20:46:22: Accepted new client: BW not reached
01.01.2008 20:46:22: WARNING! Vetoed new client: This should not happend too frequently
01.01.2008 20:46:23: Accepted new client: BW not reached
01.01.2008 20:46:23: WARNING! Vetoed new client: This should not happend too frequently
01.01.2008 20:46:23: Accepted new client: BW not reached
01.01.2008 20:46:23: WARNING! Vetoed new client: This should not happend too frequently
01.01.2008 20:46:24: Accepted new client: BW not reached
01.01.2008 20:46:24: WARNING! Vetoed new client: This should not happend too frequently
01.01.2008 20:46:25: Accepted new client: No Trickle
01.01.2008 20:46:25: WARNING! Vetoed new client: This should not happend too frequently
01.01.2008 20:46:26: Accepted new client: BW not reached
01.01.2008 20:46:26: WARNING! Vetoed new client: This should not happend too frequently
01.01.2008 20:46:26: Accepted new client: BW not reached
01.01.2008 20:46:26: WARNING! Vetoed new client: This should not happend too frequently
01.01.2008 20:46:28: Accepted new client: BW not reached
01.01.2008 20:46:28: WARNING! Vetoed new client: This should not happend too frequently
01.01.2008 20:46:29: Accepted new client: BW not reached
01.01.2008 20:46:29: WARNING! Vetoed new client: This should not happend too frequently
01.01.2008 20:46:30: Accepted new client: BW not reached
01.01.2008 20:46:30: WARNING! Vetoed new client: This should not happend too frequently
01.01.2008 20:46:31: Accepted new client: BW not reached
01.01.2008 20:46:31: WARNING! Vetoed new client: This should not happend too frequently
01.01.2008 20:46:33: Accepted new client: BW not reached
01.01.2008 20:46:33: WARNING! Vetoed new client: This should not happend too frequently
01.01.2008 20:46:35: Accepted new client: BW not reached
01.01.2008 20:46:35: WARNING! Vetoed new client: This should not happend too frequently

But in my mind that's still happening TOO FREQUENTLY :( So I wanna know what's the problem in ? And what is "BW" ?
Thanks a lot for your explanation, and I hope my question don't bother you...

PS. my english is not my natural language, so i sorry for it ;)

#73 User is offline   omeringen 

• löl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 January 2008 - 08:55 PM

@ешьщ
that happened to me before only once.when it happened I was sending some files from msn and I did not care about it.
maybe stulle could explain technically.

This post has been edited by erdem444: 01 January 2008 - 09:04 PM

#74 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 January 2008 - 09:05 PM

okay, BW stands for bandwidth. the problem is that the bandwidth has not been reached (for whatever reason). nevertheless are two or more trickles available. this shouldn't happen usually.

did you both enable nafc or made sure emule is getting all the bandwidth it should get?

#75 User is offline   ешьщ 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 January 2008 - 10:33 PM

View PostStulle, on Jan 2 2008, 12:05 AM, said:

okay, BW stands for bandwidth. the problem is that the bandwidth has not been reached (for whatever reason). nevertheless are two or more trickles available. this shouldn't happen usually.

did you both enable nafc or made sure emule is getting all the bandwidth it should get?

thank you for explanation of BW ;)

As I understand, the 1st message ("Accepted new client: BW not reached") is telling me that my bandwidth is not reached, and emule is accepting one more client from the queue (am I right?).
But what does the 2nd message meen? And is it a problem that they go at the same moment?

NAFC is disabled, and about "emule is getting all the bandwidth it should get" - I think it gets it because the upload-line is rather straight...
you may see it there: http://keep4u.ru/ful...20b9749af07/jpg (I have a torrent-client as well, so the white line is not so straight as green one). The downfalls of emule uploading, as I suspect, are due to the kicking of a high-speed client/

#76 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 January 2008 - 11:43 AM

well, try enabling nafc for a change. it might (but only might) fix the problems....

#77 User is offline   ешьщ 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 January 2008 - 12:40 PM

Stulle, I just want to know, is it a serious problem? What does it mean "votoed new client" ??? And is it a problem that both messages go at the same moment?

#78 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 January 2008 - 05:01 PM

might have been to vague... there are two or more trickles available which should get the speed. unless they get the full state i assume everything is okay. for some situations (like yours) there might be the need for a new slot although there shouldn't be. to avoid total slot explosions i put a veto to the request for a new slot. this then will prevent a new slot from being opened. this is inttended behaviour to avoid slot explosions which might very well follow such a situation. nevertheless, it is not intended that we need a new slot although we got some spare. there might be a problem but i cannot tell you for what reason.

was that understandable? i hope it was because i am german and every time we germans are misinterpreted we are the cause for war and sorrow. :angelnot:

#79 User is offline   ешьщ 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 January 2008 - 09:25 PM

well... I enabled NAFC, but messages about Voted clients are still appearing (approximately in 10-15 mins), so I decided not to pay attention to them (I'm sure if it would be a serious problem, Mr. Stulle certainly noticed that!!!).
But now, during my observation over this mod, I took notice of the following event:
sometimes, emule kicking clents which didn't get even a full chunk (I have X=2 in "Finish X Chunks") :unsure:

here the screenshot of one of them (he is colored red, emule is going to kick him)
http://keep4u.ru/ful...3991e975af1/jpg

and here is log of this:

02.01.2008 22:49:16: vjekof: Upload session will end soon after finishing 2 chunks.
02.01.2008 22:53:05: vjekof: Moved down in Upload, will finish soon!
02.01.2008 22:53:25: Removing client from upload list: Completed transfer Client: 5952246@193.138.221.5 (77.237.108.18) 'vjekof' (eMule v0.47c,None/Uploading/None) Transferred: 52:56 mins SessionUp: 3.28 MB QueueSessionPayload: 3.27 MB In buffer: 0

as u see there is written "SessionUp: 3.28 MB" in log too... so this client didn't get his necessary 2 chunks, and he is not the only one :(:(:(:(:(:( :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

PS. Max upload time = 120min, so that's not the solution, 'cause his upload time just 52 mins

#80 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 January 2008 - 12:27 AM

oh my, please read the faq. it's finish and as far as i can see he really finished two parts (at least two were being marked like he got parts for them). now if a client finishes two part but has not yet got 3.28MB the mod might upload some additional data for a third chunk until that requirement is met. anyway, if you wish 2*9.28MB to be uploaded use the option that is designed to do that.

• Member Options

• (24 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users