Post icon  Posted 14 January 2007 - 12:02 PM

State: uptodate but torn

#2 User is offline   zeliguet 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 July 2007 - 02:45 PM

View PostOrnis+, on Jan 14 2007, 02:02 PM, said:

State: active and uptodate :)

I'm sorry, but as a valencian speaker, I must say that this translation is awful. :wacko: The vocabulary and expressions are ridiculous. I don't know who made this, it must be a joke.

Parle i escric valencià i reconec que comet molts errors, però això és excessiu. No utilitzaria aquesta traducció ni boig. :-1:

#3 User is offline   Trebla 

• 100% advertencia: forero loco, loco
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2007 - 03:16 PM

View Postzeliguet, on Jul 31 2007, 04:45 PM, said:

View PostOrnis+, on Jan 14 2007, 02:02 PM, said:

State: active and uptodate :)

I'm sorry, but as a valencian speaker, I must say that this translation is awful. :wacko: The vocabulary and expressions are ridiculous. I don't know who made this, it must be a joke.

Parle i escric valencià i reconec que comet molts errors, però això és excessiu. No utilitzaria aquesta traducció ni boig. :-1:

You can use the catalan or the spanish translation. Maybe better spanish, because catalan translation is half catalan and half english.

Pots utilitzar la versió catalana o la castellana (español). Millor la castellana, ja que la catalana té la meitat sense traduïr i és en anglès.

See you!!!!

Bona sort!

#4 User is offline   ElChele 

• Miembro con emule 0.50a
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2007 - 07:47 PM

Hi everyone
....or to translate it, and to correct the errors.
bye
Posted Image Make your own ipfilter file, and manage fake files. Take in count, You are the best filter for emule.

#5 User is offline   zeliguet 

• Pip

Posted 01 August 2007 - 04:58 PM

View PostElChele, on Jul 31 2007, 09:47 PM, said:

Hi everyone
....or to translate it, and to correct the errors.
bye

Hi! Unfortunately, I don't know how to translate eMule. And if there is a catalan translation, I think there's no actual need to translate it into valencian.

Hola!
Reconec que no tinc els coneiximents tècnics per a fer una traducció. I amb l'eMule català n'hi ha prou. Gràcies a tots dos i espere no haver ofés ningú amb el meu comentari d'ahir.

Adéu!

This post has been edited by zeliguet: 01 August 2007 - 05:21 PM

#6 User is offline   mutxamel 

• Pip

Posted 04 February 2008 - 10:20 AM

Hello,
I dont know how e-mule project allows a language who does not exist.
This can be proved by consulting the international ISO-639 language code database, there is no code for valencian, but if we try to find "valencian" on the database, we could see that is an alternative name for the catalan (CAT code); How sounds if e-mule held separated translations for english an american? really silly...
So, I suggest the translation team to remove the separated valencian traslation, and add its name beside the catalan, (català-valencià), to properly match with the reality and the international language coding.

This post has been edited by mutxamel: 04 February 2008 - 10:22 AM

#7 User is offline   Dick_Manitoba 

• Nyet Nyet Soviet Soviet Jewellery
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 February 2008 - 03:09 PM

Actually, there is a difference between U.S. English and U.K. English, though it's not very easy to explain. There are also regional differences in both US and UK in how words are spoken/used, even from one town to the next.

If someone wants to come up with a "Valencian" translation, a "Catalan" translation, and a "Euskara" translation, and a "Basque" translation, and if all are accepted by users that choose them, what harm is there?

Visit PunkHistoryCanada.ca and enjoy it's music at PHC Radio. Listen now!
::How To:: Learn about IP filters and fake files :: Info & Lists of Real and Fake servers
Remove Fake Servers & get good ones :: Post pictures on the web, no registration req'd
::Helpful sites:: DVD tools, tutorials, etc :: VLC video without codecs :: Codec info & downloads
GSpot Codec IDer :: Can't delete Locked files? :: Freedb aware players
::Free Virus Scans:: Trend Micro Housecall, Panda ActiveScan, Kaspersky Virusscanner, BitDefender
::My Favorite Applications::
::Archives:: IZarc : 7-Zip : WinRAR : WinACE : Any-OS Zip Tools and Source code - Info-ZIP
::Audio:: EAC : LAME : MP3 Book Helper (Tags etc)

#8 User is offline   mutxamel 

• Pip

Posted 05 February 2008 - 03:36 PM

View PostDick_Manitoba, on Feb 5 2008, 04:09 PM, said:

Actually, there is a difference between U.S. English and U.K. English, though it's not very easy to explain. There are also regional differences in both US and UK in how words are spoken/used, even from one town to the next.

If someone wants to come up with a "Valencian" translation, a "Catalan" translation, and a "Euskara" translation, and a "Basque" translation, and if all are accepted by users that choose them, what harm is there?

Basque and Euskara are the same language (ISO-639 EU). US english and UK english are the same language (ISO-639 EN), and also, Catalan an Valencian are the same language (ISO-639 CA).

What about if someone wants to come up with an english translation, a north-american translation, a canadian translation, australian... Or in case of spanish, e-mule would held translations for colombian, venezuelan, equatorian, argentinian, chilean, paraguayan, uruguayan, bolivian, peruvian, panamanian, salvadorean, guatemalan, honduran, nicaraguan, cuban...?

how much would weight the next e-mule version with those translations, more than 3 GB?

This post has been edited by mutxamel: 05 February 2008 - 03:38 PM

#9 User is offline   Ornis+ 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 05 May 2008 - 08:13 PM

Valencian was not updated since some time.
Usually I ask if someone wanna pick it up. But the negative response let me doubt about that.

The valencian translation was quite some political despute here and in email and I can not judge it.
So I'll see if someone wanna come up with a translation that is not torn in pieces here. Otherwise, i guess, valencian will be disabled one day.

I dont see problems with a tons of dialects translated. I even would like a Swiss-German fun dialect-translation...
The 1000 DLLs dont need to be in the installer or emule.exe. So, if some people like and honor their language enough... why no emule translation for this.

Have a nice day
Ornis

#10 User is offline   valencianiste 

• Pip

Posted 08 May 2008 - 03:52 PM

I pledge to update the translation. Can you tell me where do?

Thank's!!

#11 User is offline   Masta2002 

• Crazy eMule Masta
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Debugger

Posted 08 May 2008 - 06:29 PM

View Postvalencianiste, on May 8 2008, 05:52 PM, said:

I pledge to update the translation. Can you tell me where do?

Thank's!!

use this file and translate the english strings you can find the missing strings here!!!! When you ready post here again oder contact Ornis

#12 User is offline   valencianiste 

• Pip

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:28 PM

UP-TO-DATE translation: http://rapidshare.de.../va_ES.zip.html

#13 User is offline   daniol 

• Pip

Posted 09 May 2008 - 09:27 PM

Hi.

E-mule valencian translation is incorrect at all.
Does not follow official language orthographic rules.
This absurd translation should be banned.
It comes from a neo-fascist website which promotes hate against catalan, furthermore between valencian and catalan people.

As you know if you read "Valencian language" article at Wikipedia, catalan and valencian are the same. Only geographical variations.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valencian

For example, valencian version of wikipedia was rejected because catalan and valencian are two names of the same language and have the same ISO code as say other user.

A serious admin should look this question.

Thanks.

This post has been edited by daniol: 09 May 2008 - 09:30 PM

#14 User is offline   valencianiste 

• Pip

Posted 09 May 2008 - 10:12 PM

View Postdaniol, on May 9 2008, 10:27 PM, said:

Hi.

E-mule valencian translation is incorrect at all.
Does not follow official language orthographic rules.
This absurd translation should be banned.
It comes from a neo-fascist website which promotes hate against catalan, furthermore between valencian and catalan people.

As you know if you read "Valencian language" article at Wikipedia, catalan and valencian are the same. Only geographical variations.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valencian

For example, valencian version of wikipedia was rejected because catalan and valencian are two names of the same language and have the same ISO code as say other user.

A serious admin should look this question.

Thanks.

The fascim deny human rights, you're a hypocrite. The translation has been made acoording to the RACV (oficial academy) actual gramatical rules: http://racv.es/ORTOGRAFIA.pdf

You should spend your time improving the catalan translation instead of try to forbid to linguistic community have eMule in their language.

This post has been edited by valencianiste: 09 May 2008 - 10:19 PM

#15 User is offline   Trebla 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2008 - 02:22 AM

View Postvalencianiste, on May 10 2008, 12:12 AM, said:

The fascim deny human rights, you're a hypocrite. The translation has been made acoording to the RACV (oficial academy) actual gramatical rules: http://racv.es/ORTOGRAFIA.pdf

You should spend your time improving the catalan translation instead of try to forbid to linguistic community have eMule in their language.

I suggest to the community also to create an andalousian translation, a mexican version , a colombian version. All in the same way of your suggestion. Also will be interesting to have australian english translation or canadian french version. As well in the same way suggested by valencianiste.

Is not a good thing to mix eMule and policy.

The emule spirit is to share files and more. It would be a good way to start with this if we start to share the language.

Greetings from Spain!

#16 User is offline   valencianiste 

• Pip

Posted 10 May 2008 - 09:30 AM

View PostTrebla, on May 10 2008, 02:22 AM, said:

View Postvalencianiste, on May 10 2008, 12:12 AM, said:

I suggest to the community also to create an andalousian translation, a mexican version , a colombian version. All in the same way of your suggestion. Also will be interesting to have australian english translation or canadian french version. As well in the same way suggested by valencianiste.

Is not a good thing to mix eMule and policy.

The emule spirit is to share files and more. It would be a good way to start with this if we start to share the language.

Greetings from Spain!

What is your problem? Portuguese (Brazil) pt_BR.rc Portuguese (Portugal) pt_PT.rc, French (Breton) fr_BR.rc French (France) fr_FR.rc,l Asturian es_AS.rc, Galician gl_ES.rc

DIFERENCES ANDALUCIAN - VALENCIAN
Very often, in a display of ignorance, manipulation or both, argues the following thesis "The Valencian is the same language as the Catalan, Valencian to consider as a language other than the Catalan serious as if it considers the Andalusian a language other than Spanish. " But is it really so? Are the cases of Andalusia and Valencia are identical? The reader will propose a game, the 7 differences, to see if you can find them.

1) The Andalusian society believes that the Andalusian and Spanish are the same language. The company says that Valencia Valencian and Catalan are two different languages (specifically, 64'4% of Valencia as the CIS 2004).

2) Speaking of literature, Andalusia was never a Golden Age. Valencia took the first Golden Age of all languages Latino neo-the-XV, born centuries before Catalonia.

3) The Andalusian traditionally have argued writers write in Spanish or English. By contrast, no author of the Golden Age said in Catalan or write to the Valencian and Catalan were the same language.

4) In Spain there is no secular texts author Andalusian that differentiate between i Andalusian Spanish. But in Valencia where they exist. In fact, Fra Antoni Canals, in 1395 stated: "(…) tret of lats in nostra vulgar language Valencia, demanding he pogut breu com, jatse sia that altres lagen tret in the Catalan language."

5) In Andalusia has always used the name "Spanish or Castilian" to refer to their language. And now-except in some exceptional cases-none contradicts this nomenclature. In Valencia lifetime has been affirmed speak Valenciano, and only from recent historical times there is an attempt to call the Catalan language of Valencia, particularly since the birth of Catalan nationalism expansionist, dated from the late nineteenth century.

6) Andalusia that Spain did not exist before. By contrast, Valencia existed centuries before the birth of Catalonia. I say this because the geographical locations are the ones who give the name of a language.

7) No Spanish authors (significant) recognize as the Andalusian language other than Spanish. But if there Catalans admitting that Valencian and Catalan are not the same language: Pompeu Fabra, Antoni Badia Margarit, Antoni Rubió i Lluch, Manuel Montoliu, Francesc Carreras i Candi, Francesc Pi i Margall, etc..

Without leaving the peninsula, there is also the case of Galician and Portuguese, two twin languages that are understood one another and that two languages are officially independent. In this model is that really fits the case and valencià-català (and not in the case as an Andalusian Spanish-torticeramente want to believe). Of course, if the Valencian compared with the galician (and not with the Andalusian as they want) all pseudoscience pancatalanista would be down.

#17 User is offline   Trebla 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2008 - 07:42 PM

valenciniste

Get the reason if you want, It is not he place for this discussion. Sorry, I forgot the valencian comes trough from the latin. I forgot, also, the history is write by the stadistics not by the evidences. I apollogize for this. I never more will think Valencia was conquered by the catalans and the aragoneses. I never more will believe valencian comes from catalan ( medieval catalan). I suposse the catalan comes from the valencian. At the end, every people knows what valencian is not more that the arabian pronuntiation of the latin, older than catalan. King Jaume I spoke valencian, true ....Or maybe spoke balear...? Or maybe aragones...? Or maybe rossillonian? Or maybe catalan? No, is it not possible, catalan not. 100% true King Jaume I spoke valencian.

We could speak, evryone, in our own dialect of the Ramon Llull language: you in valencian and me in modern catalan. We will understand the words, maybe not the ideas, but this is not a language problem. You and me are not ables to understand latin without a previous study of this language. But you and me can understand one the other speaking the two differents dialects of the medieval catalan. I think the problem is more the name, not so strange like some people wants, than the real differences betwen the dialects of the mother language ( medieval catalan). Don't worry, you speak valencian, a dialect of the medieval catalan like mind (català central). It is not so bad. There are worts things in the world, like to promote confrontation between areas of a country taken the same language as an excuse. You get it?

Sorry again.

#18 User is offline   daniol 

• Pip

Posted 11 May 2008 - 07:16 PM

View Postvalencianiste, on May 9 2008, 10:12 PM, said:

RACV is not the official accademy of valencian language, that is catalan.
Official accademy is AVL. RACV is a private and minoritary/marginal association.
And does not follow at all any scientific rules.

Quotations from Wikipedia.

---Valencian (valencià) is the historical, traditional, and official name used in the Valencian Community (Spain) to refer to the language spoken therein, which is known elsewhere as Catalan (català).
--- But the Academia Valenciana de la Llengua (AVL) —an official and state-bound entity created to regulate Valencian orthography— does state that Catalan and Valencian are the same language, and the standard taught by public educative institutions such as schools or universities does follow the AVL rules.

I can provide, line by line, that the translation made by "valencianiste" has 70% orthographically errors, referencing AVL dictionary.

If any admin require this for banning this version I will provide.

Other option is improving valencian version for mixing with the catalan translation.

It's noticeable that he doesn't know how to write his nick. "valencianiste" is incorrect, it is "valencianista".... lol

This post has been edited by daniol: 11 May 2008 - 07:23 PM

#19 User is offline   Morenower 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 May 2008 - 09:39 PM

:confused: Where are the problem?

Europa Press:
"The European Union has recognized the vocabulary, grammar and the official language of the Valencian"
"la Unión Europea ha reconocido el léxico, la gramática y la oficialidad de la lengua valenciana"

Ramon Llul (1335 dC):
"Ista expositio excerpta fuit ex magno volumine in LINGUA VALENTINA composito per quemdam discipulum Raymundi. Inceptum Valentie mense decembris et finito mense Martii anni 1335. Laus Deo...".

Joan Esteve (1488 dC) - "Liber Elegantiarum"
"Explicit liber elegantiarum Johannis Stephani, viri erudittissimi, civis Valentiani regie auctoritate notarii publici, latina et VALENTIANA LINGUA exactissima iligencia emmendatus...".

Miguel de Cervantes (1547-1616 dC)
"..adonde a entender le dé la famosa de la hampa; y si de aquéstas le pesa, porque son algo escabrosas, mostraréle las melosas VALENCIANA y portuguesa..."

The discussion is unproductive.
Spam comes from a forum separatist. refuse Spain and Valencian!

Thanks for the Valencian translation! :flowers:

This post has been edited by Morenower: 23 May 2008 - 09:46 PM

#20 User is offline   dimoniet 

• Pip

Post icon  Posted 29 June 2008 - 12:34 PM

View Postdaniol, on May 11 2008, 08:16 PM, said:

View Postvalencianiste, on May 9 2008, 10:12 PM, said:

RACV is not the official accademy of valencian language, that is catalan.
Official accademy is AVL. RACV is a private and minoritary/marginal association.
And does not follow at all any scientific rules.

Quotations from Wikipedia.

---Valencian (valencià) is the historical, traditional, and official name used in the Valencian Community (Spain) to refer to the language spoken therein, which is known elsewhere as Catalan (català).
--- But the Academia Valenciana de la Llengua (AVL) —an official and state-bound entity created to regulate Valencian orthography— does state that Catalan and Valencian are the same language, and the standard taught by public educative institutions such as schools or universities does follow the AVL rules.

I can provide, line by line, that the translation made by "valencianiste" has 70% orthographically errors, referencing AVL dictionary.

If any admin require this for banning this version I will provide.

Other option is improving valencian version for mixing with the catalan translation.

It's noticeable that he doesn't know how to write his nick. "valencianiste" is incorrect, it is "valencianista".... lol

100% agree with you. This is a political-neo-fascism translation made from a very reduced number of people who are criminalizing and prosecuting her own brothers, Catalonian country.
This is a movement, for all of you using History in you own benefit, not so diferent than others like Apartheid in South Africa or Nazism in Europe.
If you are willing to quotate some people in order to justify your separatism, try at least to find people speaking the language you are talking about.

90% of people writing on this movement forums use Spanish and some other people use a half spanish, half catalan language which is very similar to 'spanglish' which is spoken in a lot of South American countries.
By the fact of including actual Valencian translation in emule you are supporting this neo-fascism movement, so you should think twice about doing it in future releases.

Last thing, I speak Valencian , was born in Valencia like many of my ancestors and I've passed successfully several official language tests (like first and advance for English language) so I'm truly convinced what I'm talking about.
Also I'm a experienced software developer so if I wasn't sure about Catalan isn't same language than Valencian I have done one Valencian translation myself.
Reading actually included version of this Valencian translation makes me first: laugh, then makes my very angry..

Talking about languages, sorry about my English. Like I said, Valencian and Spanish are my native languages. I speak three other languages but no as good as I would like...

This post has been edited by dimoniet: 29 June 2008 - 12:38 PM

• Member Options

• (2 Pages)
  • +

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users