Official eMule-Board: "share Ratio" Column In The Shared Files List - Official eMule-Board

Page 1 of 1

"share Ratio" Column In The Shared Files List Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Quezl 

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 November 2006 - 04:26 PM

I think this will be very useful, because it's easier to spot which files one can delete from the share first.

#2 User is offline   CiccioBastardo 

• Doomsday Executor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Italian Moderators

Posted 18 November 2006 - 05:20 PM

ZZUL BastarD has it since, welll, eons now.
It also gives you warning if you try to unshare a file which is badly shared (based on ratio, known source count, download requests).
The problem is not the client, it's the user

#3 User is offline   thecomputercase 

• PipPip

Posted 19 November 2006 - 12:51 AM

Don't need a mod for that, eMule 47C has a feature which indicates that, in SHARED FILES screen, use the bottom scroll bar to move across to "COMPLETED SOURCES" Column, it tells you how many are available in network...

#4 User is offline   Quezl 

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 November 2006 - 02:05 AM

View PostCiccioBastardo, on Nov 18 2006, 06:20 PM, said:

ZZUL BastarD has it since, welll, eons now.
It also gives you warning if you try to unshare a file which is badly shared (based on ratio, known source count, download requests).

Ah, that's great. And it coincides with my plan on switching from ZZUL to your mod anyway, once a version based on 47c is available...

Woops, there it is: http://forum.emule-p...showtopic=65063 :clap:

View Postthecomputercase, on Nov 19 2006, 01:51 AM, said:

Don't need a mod for that, eMule 47C has a feature which indicates that, in SHARED FILES screen, use the bottom scroll bar to move across to "COMPLETED SOURCES" Column, it tells you how many are available in network...

While "Complete Sources" is a helpful column, too. It's not really what I asked for. I really want to know in a strict sense when I have given back x-times the amount I have taken.

...and that doesn't work with what you have suggested. "Complete Sources" has nothing to do with "Share ratio".

Besides... currently I have files in share with many many complete sources but I've only uploaded a few megabytes of them so far, while I already downloaded hundreds of megabytes of them or completed them. If I'd unshare files based on complete sources I'd still be leeching in some cases, which I don't want. It's not important to me if the files are widely spread, but if I have done my deed. Of course, I still won't unshare files with only a few or no complete sources as easily as wide spread files, or maybe I should put it this way... rare files will need an even higher ratio until I unshare them, very popular ones will be gone after it reached 1:1... :P

This post has been edited by Quezl: 19 November 2006 - 02:21 AM

#5 User is offline   thecomputercase 

• PipPip

Posted 19 November 2006 - 02:04 PM

Sorry but I see the transfer screen columns, Transferred Data, Shared Parts, and Complete sources, giving you the info you require...but maybe you want something to work it out for you, ok, no probs

#6 User is offline   Quezl 

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 November 2006 - 02:10 PM

Basically the info needed for calculating the ratio is all there... but I don't want to do the math myself. I want the client to do it for me... also sorting the files by the ratio is only possible when there's this extra column. ;)

• Member Options

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users