Official eMule-Board: Latest Version: Zzul 20061022-1609 (emule 0.47c) - Official eMule-Board

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Latest Version: Zzul 20061022-1609 (emule 0.47c) Improvements to A4AF Download manager

#1 User is offline   zz 

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Debugger

Post icon  Posted 03 November 2006 - 06:08 PM

This is just SlotFocus + Powershare + some other small stuff that's always been in ZZUL but isn't in official.

You may want to check the replies to this post to see if this version is stable before you decide to use it. If you've tried it, please report how it works for you.

New in this version:

Changelog said:

• Improved A4AF download manager. Now tries harder to switch to the highest prio file at the moment when a download slot is offered.
  • Tries to continue download on another (A4AF) file if the currently downloading file becomes "No Needed Parts" (NNP) during download from a remote client.

Below are the ed2k links for downloading. Copy the ed2k links, then go to the transfer tab in eMule, rightclick in the downloads area, and select "paste ed2k links".

Please link to this thread instead of direct linking to the archives for the first few weeks, so users get the chance to read the comments in this thread. Also, please powershare if you can.

ed2k link for executable:
ed2k://|file|eMule_0.47c_ZZUL_20061022-1609.zip|2172050|56D12D93EAFE930CCFB4025CE96F1E71|/

To install, just copy the ZZUL exe to the standard eMule directory, and then start the ZZUL exe instead of the standard exe. (Don't have both exes running at the same time.)

ed2k link for source code:
ed2k://|file|eMule_0.47c_ZZUL_20061022-1609_source.zip|589683|D4D9C5AE9B67412F669B60AD38740F23|/

You can build the ZZUL source by following the description here: http://forum.emule-p...showtopic=84176

/zz B)

This post has been edited by zz: 03 November 2006 - 06:13 PM

ZZUL - get control of your uploads: ZZUL Forum

#2 User is offline   gigatoaster 

• Shpongle is my life
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 03 November 2006 - 10:44 PM

Thanks for your work zz ;)

#3 User is offline   CiccioBastardo 

• Doomsday Executor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Italian Moderators

Posted 03 November 2006 - 11:48 PM

Gosh... my mod needs a new restyle...

Thanks zz

This post has been edited by CiccioBastardo: 04 November 2006 - 12:13 AM

The problem is not the client, it's the user

#4 User is offline   MadlyMad 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 November 2006 - 12:21 AM

download a few hours ago but not used yet

will put feedback as soon as possible

thanks a lot zz :+1:

The extreme limit of wisdom, that is what the public calls madness.

#5 User is offline   gav616 

• Magnificent Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2006 - 12:31 AM

View PostCiccioBastardo, on Nov 3 2006, 11:48 PM, said:

Gosh... my mod needs a new restyle...

Thanks zz

sure does :clap:

:flowers:

#6 User is offline   Stoepsel 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2006 - 09:31 AM

Thanks zz. On Powershare as usual.
It said: "Insert disk #3 into drive...", but only 2 will fit...?!?

#7 User is offline   Andrey23 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2006 - 10:33 AM

HTTP mirror for new version:
eMule 0.47c ZZUL 20061022-1609 Binary
eMule 0.47c ZZUL 20061022-1609 Sources
eMule Security - Ip-filter, Safe Serverlist, nodes.dat for emule.

#8 User is offline   CiccioBastardo 

• Doomsday Executor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2006 - 10:47 AM

View PostAndrey23, on Nov 4 2006, 11:33 AM, said:

zz said:

Please link to this thread instead of direct linking to the archives for the first few weeks, so users get the chance to read the comments in this thread. Also, please powershare if you can.

:-k

#9 User is offline   LorenzoC 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2006 - 10:59 AM

USS still doens't work correctly in my opinion.
Or, if it is an intended behaviour, I don't understand how it should work.
It looks too reactive, I get going up and downs with any settings I tried.

Powersharing...

This post has been edited by LorenzoC: 04 November 2006 - 11:00 AM

#10 User is offline   haihai 

• PipPip

Posted 04 November 2006 - 11:13 AM

use to have emule plus.. but they started to get behind (no kad, no aich-hash, and no Obfuscated connection(whatever that means :D, but i got less results because i didnt have that )) but they did have zzupload :) and i think thats better then the normal uploading from emule so grabbing this :)

btw can i delete the normal 'emule.exe'? or does 'eMule_0.47c_ZZUL_20061022-1609.exe' need 'emule.exe'?

#11 User is offline   Stoepsel 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2006 - 12:04 PM

It doesn't need the original emule.exe. I personally do the following:

* Stop eMule.
* Delete (or rename) the emule.exe I was using.
* Rename eMule_0.47c_ZZUL_20061022-1609.exe to emule.exe.
* Start emule.exe.
It said: "Insert disk #3 into drive...", but only 2 will fit...?!?

#12 User is offline   haihai 

• PipPip

Posted 04 November 2006 - 12:14 PM

okay thanks :)
doin the same thing like u :)

#13 User is offline   zz 

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Debugger

Posted 04 November 2006 - 02:16 PM

LorenzoC: tried using the slowness values?

/zz B)
ZZUL - get control of your uploads: ZZUL Forum

#14 User is offline   LorenzoC 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2006 - 02:29 PM

I tried but obviously, since I don't know what the code changes are, I don't know what I am looking for...
Could you pleease give me some hints starting from the default options?

Let me explain. I use USS to try to get the most from my upload, otherwise I would simply set an upload limit at 75% of the capacity. Following your previous suggestions, I set the upload limit close to the capacity then let USS decide the actual bandwith run-time.

It works GREAT with any USS version (official or other mods) BUT the latest 2 Zzul versions.
I tried setting lower or upper settings for USS and lowering the upload limit. The result is the USS keeps the line flat for a while then suddenly there is a "go down", or a sequence of ups and downs, then flat again for some time, up and down again, etc.
Of course it gets worse if/when I do something else online.

The average speed could be ok the same, but compared to other USS versions I don't see the advantage in having the bandwith going up and down all the time, plus I suspect that can give some problems with the slotfocus and / or upload slot opening.

Edit: I say it again, USS works GREAT with any other Emule version and this is quite frustrating. :)
On a side note: I don't get why the default settings are still the same as other USS versions when/if we know they don't work because USS was modified and needs different settings. This is way out of reach for the average user.

Thanks, regards.

This post has been edited by LorenzoC: 04 November 2006 - 02:52 PM

#15 User is offline   CiccioBastardo 

• Doomsday Executor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2006 - 04:38 PM

I've had a look at zz's PI (no D) implementation of the previous version and I saw there are some things which are not good for the integral part.
I've have not looked at the lastest source yet, so I can't comment on it.

I've changed the integration term (which should be an integration over time, not an average as used in zz's code). I manage to reduce the up/down wobbles a bit, though, with a deeper analisys I've seen that the problem seems to be in the ping time measurement, as the ping time suddenly rises at very high values and it is delayed with respect to the PI output settings.
I.e: if the PI sets the output to a value X stable for some seconds you can see that the ping stays at low values for some seconds, then suddenly raises to abnourmous values (without any real change in the upload bandwidth occupation) that the PI tries to lower again. As the ping measurement seems to be delayed in time, the PI is always too far ahead in its corrections and the set point cannot be reached. Hence the oscillations around the set point.

I've made an analisys by logging in a CSV file all the PI calculated values, included ping times, and then I graphed them to see how the entire thing was behaving. Thus I could see that the ping times raise and lower with some delay with respect to the upload status.

Unfortunately I've tried the old LastCommonRouteFinder files (those that didn't have the PID implementation) as well, but the behaviour is similar. So I suspect that either the ISP quality has changed or the chosen ping target is somehow wrong.

@Lorenzo:
these are some of the reasons why my mod is not ready yet.

/edit: last note: using a too high ping average values makes the oscillation worse as the delay on the regulator is even bigger.

/edit2: I've just made the merge with latest zz code an there are no changes in this version with respect to the old one for LastCommonRouteFinder. So my comments above should be true for this ZZUL version as well.

This post has been edited by CiccioBastardo: 04 November 2006 - 05:08 PM

#16 User is offline   gav616 

• Magnificent Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2006 - 05:19 PM

CiccioBastardo, are u releasing any info on the possible new features in your version.. or will patiences be a virtue?...

#17 User is offline   LorenzoC 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2006 - 06:34 PM

View PostCiccioBastardo, on Nov 4 2006, 06:38 PM, said:

...with a deeper analisys I've seen that the problem seems to be in the ping time measurement...

Yes, I've thought the same after observing the ping values changing strangely without any apparent related reason. I mean, going from 40 to 250 from a ping to the other without anything happened meanwhile.

...So I suspect that either the ISP quality has changed or the chosen ping target is somehow wrong.

But, in this case, shouldn't it be the same with other USS implementations ?
I've tried almost ANY mod and the official client and they seem to work fine with USS and the settings above.
You know It has been some time since I reported the problem the first time, so far Zzul is the only client that seems affected... This is the point IMHO.
Have you found the same Zzul behaviour with others?

Then sorry for the obvious question, why to not simply bring back the previous USS, maybe fixing what's wrong with it (if any)?

This post has been edited by LorenzoC: 04 November 2006 - 07:09 PM

#18 User is offline   CiccioBastardo 

• Doomsday Executor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2006 - 09:12 PM

As said, I tried with the previous USS files but the result were similar.

@gav616
I have quite a long list of new features, almost all minor interface modifications with no real impact on the core functionality. Well, almost ;)

#19 User is offline   LorenzoC 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2006 - 09:32 PM

Ciccio, no deep analysis needed, you just have to try the official client with the same default settings as Zzul to see it works quite differently.

Of course the USS reacts to bandwidth usage for example while browsing.
But while Zzul does it random, much deeper decreases and does it even if you don't do anything, the official follows (I guess) the real bandwith usage conditions and with much smoother graph.

Ok, maybe also the official USS is wrong somehow but for sure it is not the same problem as Zzul. :)

#20 User is offline   jorhebe 

• Pip

Posted 04 November 2006 - 11:08 PM

Thanks zz. :+1:

• Member Options

• (2 Pages)
  • +

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users