Emule V0.50A Scarangel V4.2 Xtreme's Heir | Crashfix and minor improvements

#801 User is offline   xilolee 

• eMule 0.50b BETA1 user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Italian Moderators

Posted 06 January 2010 - 11:30 PM

@pricho

View PostStulle, on 30 December 2009 - 08:02 PM, said:

does not help a whole lot... provide some more information of what settings you chose, what your system is like, what did you do or happend before the crash and what was the logging just before the crash?

Without more informations, Stulle can not help you! :mellow:
INCONCEIVABLE! - You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
come ottenere aiuto italian guides - guide della sezione italiana
italian support - sezione italiana scaricare la lista server
ottenere id alto impostare le porte nel router
recuperare file corrotti i filtri ip
Sembra talco ma non č serve a darti l'allegrIa! Se lo lanci e poi lo respiri ti dŕ subito l'allegrIa! Posted Image

#802 User is offline   pricho 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 January 2010 - 09:07 AM

sorry sorry sorry you stulle :angelnot:

#803 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 January 2010 - 10:17 AM

euhm... right. :confused:
I am an emule-web.de member and fan!

[Imagine there was a sarcasm meter right here!]

No, there will not be a new version of my mods. No, I do not want your PM. No, I am certain, use the board and quit sending PMs. No, I am not kidding, there will not be a new version of my mods just because of YOU asking for it!

#804 User is offline   Butter7 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2010 - 04:15 PM

Am i the only one with 64 bit windows vista, and found Emule V0.49C Scarangel couldn't run properly with this version of windows?

I got everything up, but couldn't connect to kad. Because of the internet service i got here wouldn't give me a high id, once kad stoped working, there would be no conenction or up/down-loading speed at all.

This mod release does working fine with my other laptop, which got windows XP SP3 installed.

Is there any way i could get emule working with the 64bit vista? Any recommendations with mod release or should I try the official version instead? Thank you in advance.
You gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice.

#805 User is offline   SS1900 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2010 - 05:57 PM

it under Win 7 64 bit works properly ! you should open it with the administrator rights and take a look to the Shared usage

:flowers:

#806 User is offline   omeringen 

• löl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2010 - 06:04 PM

Or check this out.

#807 User is offline   arthur33 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:16 PM

Hello stulle Need your help have the scarangel 3.3 and some times goes out me a poster of Microsoft saying me that it close it the scarangel that have to do to fix this problem that have does a long time and already no what do with this problem of the scarangel.

This post has been edited by arthur33: 08 March 2010 - 08:17 PM

#808 User is offline   omeringen 

• löl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2010 - 10:38 PM

Please stop using automatic translators, find someone who knows English. . . And please provide more information ; saved log lines, settings, crash dump files, hardware/software etc.

This post has been edited by omeringen: 08 March 2010 - 10:38 PM

#809 User is offline   NanjingGuy 

• PipPip

Posted 13 March 2010 - 05:18 AM

On this version I get strange errors:

3/12/2010 11:48:22 PM: UPnP: Error obtaining device description from http://127.0.0.1:52478/ [UPNP_E_INVALID_URL (-108)]
3/12/2010 11:48:38 PM: UPnP: Updated port mapping "eMule (Server UDP Port) [UDP: 49291]" (Dynamic). [urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:WANIPConnection:1]
3/12/2010 11:48:38 PM: UPnP: Updated port mapping "eMule (TCP Port) [TCP: 49290]" (Dynamic). [urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:WANIPConnection:1]
3/12/2010 11:48:38 PM: UPnP: Updated port mapping "eMule (UDP Port) [UDP: 49290]" (Dynamic). [urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:WANIPConnection:1]
3/12/2010 11:48:52 PM: UPnP: Error obtaining device description from http://127.0.0.1:52478/ [UPNP_E_INVALID_URL (-108)]
3/12/2010 11:48:52 PM: UPnP: Error obtaining device description from http://127.0.0.1:52478/ [UPNP_E_INVALID_URL (-108)]

I guess UPnP is working, I can get a highID and a port test passes. Just make me feel better if there are no errors in the log.

#810 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 March 2010 - 06:49 AM

wth? why is it trying to set up a UPnP relation with the very same machine? are you by any chances running a UPnP service/server on the same computer? either way, if UPnP is not required because you already have an HighID or run eMule with direct internet access just do not enable it.

No, there will not be a new version of my mods. No, I do not want your PM. No, I am certain, use the board and quit sending PMs. No, I am not kidding, there will not be a new version of my mods just because of YOU asking for it!

#811 User is offline   caspertone2010 

• Pip

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:17 PM

I am user of this scarangel mod from several years ... Thank you for it.

I miss a feature in any emule that I would kill for having it ... perhaps scarangel mod could be the first to incorporate it ... ;-)

The search feature has a very raquitic functionallyty ... I would like to be able to "store" in a rational way (and not need to manipulate a .dat file) the made searches, as well as to reuse them. I think there is space improvement for that.

But the most important would be to be able to include "scheduled searches". Look, I am fan of TV series, and, new chapters appear from time to time. So, I would love to schedule searches for (example) "wolf + 2x + english + italian" to be done every week for example ... search done automtatically and results appearing in a tab peer programmed search ... Even a selection box could be added to the scheduler to mark to start automatic download of the most available file ... also reg expression use could be incorporated to searches ...

(micro torrent offers something as such for rss sources ... in our case it would be kad or ed2k servers ...).

I have not found either a mod or an application that makes anything as such ...

I know you do your work for free and that I have no right to expect for such dream to come true, but perhaps the idea caught your attention ...

Cheers and peace!
Ctone

#812 User is offline   omeringen 

• löl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 April 2010 - 06:39 PM

@caspertone2010,
That could easily end with fake results/files. The better alternative is RSS support IMHO ; Support Rss Auto Download?

This post has been edited by omeringen: 01 April 2010 - 06:39 PM

#813 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 April 2010 - 06:56 PM

that does not sound very smart. neither of the requests... stored searches can be closed and that is about what there has to be. no need for any "manipulation". that would just be messing with search results which has no use. searches are for searching and not for displaying random stuff you added and what not.

scheduled searches is even worse. when people start downloading files and doing searches without using their brain they waste network resources and that is never a good thing to be done. that means also no for RSS download because one fine day there might be a file in the RSS feed the user does not want and then the wasting starts.

#814 User is offline   caspertone2010 

• Pip

Posted 01 April 2010 - 10:43 PM

@omeringen
RSS Auto Download support is nice!

@Stulle and @omeringen

We could discuss what worse waste is, if user time waste or network bandwithd waste ... it also would depend on the precision of the filter designed ... anyhow,

what about implementing scheduled searches but just don´t auto-start downloads? This is perhaps a middle ground solution, the user then will use its brain to select if starts or not the downloads ...

I think this would be a "killer feature" that all users would love ... and ... if autodownload is not implemented, it will not mean waste of network resources ...

Thanks again,
CTone

#815 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 April 2010 - 09:05 AM

yeah, a killer for the network performance probably. there is no wasting of time if you manually search and add downloads. wasting time would be increase the consumption of a task which is not done in eMule. if the user cannot effort to sit down for no even 60 seconds, make a search and download the result he should rather not care to download at all. i am most certainly not going to code any scheduled search feature or whatever because there is just no need for it and it will potentially waste network resources for no good reason at all. especially if poorly configured due to massive stupidity or bad will.

definite no.

#816 User is offline   Fred Mad 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2010 - 08:47 PM

View PostStulle, on 02 April 2010 - 11:05 AM, said:

definite no.

Lovely. Thanks for your great mod Stulle, we don´t need that or any 0.50a feature.
Asus X79 Sabertooth i7-3930k @4,7Ghz 16Gbs Quad
GTX 670 Asus Cu II
Movistar 100/10

#817 User is offline   slowgoing 

• Pip

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:07 AM

Some request for ScarAngel:

1) If I cancel a file, could it be placed into the recycle bin so that I could go get it?

2) How does the URL source work? I know of an http source to download from but it does not work from eMule. (I can use the eMule “Import parts to file” feature, but that will download the whole file even if I only need one chunk.) Also, the site only allows one connection and will ban me if I use an accelerator. I don’t consider eMule an accelerator. (I was banned for two weeks once because of using a download manager, which is not advertised as an accelerator.)

3) I have sets of files that are completed. If someone wants those then I know that I’m not getting anything back. How about being able to share folders with a setting such as “If someone wants one of these then give it to them and don’t worry about the credit system.” Also, I’d like to be able to set an upload limit on these folders, such as 5 or 10 kB/s. (This is similar to how uTorrent works.) Is this what the priority release feature is for?

Thanks.

#818 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 April 2010 - 04:39 AM

1) no. it would be troublesome to readd those files. just don't cancel if you're not sure!

2) okay, that is a dumb question, to be honest. it works pretty darn simple. add http source and it downloads. if you try anything funny it's your fault. if you get banned, your fault, the sites fault. it's not exactly rocket science!

3) dude, are you prolly new to eMule? there is no need for such an option. official credit system (and some others) don't allow the credits multiplier to be reduced below the default so basically eMule will care shit about the credits at that point. and about your second request... no bloody way! beside the effect that it would be a pain in the arse to code such a thing for such a ridiculous cause we don't do that shit. it's about sharing and that means all clients and all files are equal. the credit system is changing this equality a little bit and that's about what it takes.

#819 User is offline   slowgoing 

• Pip

Posted 14 April 2010 - 10:11 PM

In the Uploading section, can a color be added to the progress bar to indicate that the client doesn't have the chunk but I do? Or, can a second bar be added that shows what I have?

Thanks

#820 User is offline   slowgoing 

• Pip

Posted 01 June 2010 - 11:43 PM

Whenever I use "Import parts to file" (and am importing a complete file that I have downloaded elsewhere) a chunk sometimes stays red. It also gets reported as a bad chunk in the servers log. If I then immediately import the same file again, eMule will complete the file. This happened several times. (When I first started this, and if eMule left a red chunk, I would run an MD5 checksum on the file and it would always pass.)

The reason I did it this way (as there are usually several ways to do the same thing) is that if I were to delete the file from eMule then share the HTTP downloaded file without verifying it, then I may be sharing a bad file. If I import parts into eMule, and eMule does its MD4 checksum, then I am reasonably certain that I have a good file without having to run an external MD5 checksum, saving time. eMule has to check it anyway if I share it.

I have completed downloading chess tablebases but I think that this issue should be looked at. This happened more often when eMule was downloading at, maybe, 100 kB/s. At low download speeds, say 10 kB/s, it seemed less likely to happen.

I appreciate ScarAngel.

• Member Options

• (45 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users