Official eMule-Board: Emule V0.47a [ese V1.0b] (2006-04-24) - Official eMule-Board

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Emule V0.47a [ese V1.0b] (2006-04-24) Updated DBR and ReadBlockFromFileThread

#81 User is offline   DavidXanatos 

• Neo Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 July 2006 - 07:57 PM

Just a thought dosn't an agressiv sub block request does not cause many overhead?
But besides the feature sounds interresting. :+1:

David
NeoLoader is a new file sharing client, supporting ed2k/eMule, Bittorent and one click hosters,
it is the first client to be able to download form multiple networks the same file.
NL provides the first fully decentralized scalable torrent and DDL keyword search,
it implements an own novel anonymous file sharing network, providing anonymity and deniability to its users,
as well as many other new features.
It is written in C++ with Qt and is available for Windows, Linux and MacOS.

#82 User is offline   netfinity 

• Master of WARP
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 July 2006 - 08:50 PM

Practicaly what I did to get an endgame without almost no slowdown was the following;

When the file is getting close to completion
1. Drop sources that hasn't sent any data for 5 seconds.
2. Drop sources that will take more than 15 seconds to complete the current requested block.
3. Do not drop sources that go NNP until the file completes or an NNP delay timer times out. This allow us to restart downloading if we need to request more data later. (eg. Part is corrupt or we dropped a source before completing the requested block(s))

In extent to this you have to select files with 200+ sources, so that you have enought sources to download simultaneously from.

I did some attempt to recover partialy downloaded blocks, from sources I dropped, but they where often corrupt and sometimes caused eMule to forget that they where incomplete.
eMule v0.50a [NetF WARP v0.3a]
- Compiled for 32 and 64 bit Windows versions
- Optimized for fast (100Mbit/s) Internet connections
- Faster file completion via Dynamic Block Requests and dropping of stalling sources
- Faster searching via KAD with equal or reduced overhead
- Less GUI lockups through multi-threaded disk IO operations
- VIP "Payback" queue
- Fakealyzer (helps you chosing the right files)
- Quality Of Service to keep eMule from disturbing VoIP and other important applications (Vista/7/8 only!)

#83 User is offline   leexgx 

• UK MAD FOR LESS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 August 2006 - 11:03 PM

if the official had this i guess alot of overhead on the network be lowered more so for small files as files getting stuck at 99.9% is annoying and can take upto 30mins - 4hrs to download when it stops

i changed my sig to state this (hope you do not mind me copying your sig an little netf)
in and around

#84 User is offline   netfinity 

• Master of WARP
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 August 2006 - 10:10 AM

Sure, I wouldn't mind!

I hope to crack the problems I have with my source dropping code so I can release a new Mod with even faster endgame. The problem I have so far is that it isn't working very well with large files; they actually taking even longer time to complete. Therefore I haven't released the code yet!

/netfinity
- Faster file completion via Dynamic Block Requests and dropping of stalling sources
- VIP "Payback" queue
- Quality Of Service to keep eMule from disturbing VoIP and other important applications (Vista/7/8 only!)

#85 User is offline   leexgx 

• UK MAD FOR LESS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 August 2006 - 05:19 PM

when i started an download for an 5mb file when it got to the end it droped all the fast uploaders and some all but 1 5kb uploader at the end of the file there was 3 20KB uploaders that ran out of parts at the end i prefer source droping like it was done before
in and around

#86 User is offline   moloko+ 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 September 2006 - 07:44 AM

hi netfinity,

with 0.47b out i eagerly await an update of this most excellent mod...

also the nAM mod as discussed elsewhere sounds really interesting too.

cheers

#87 User is offline   netfinity 

• Master of WARP
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 September 2006 - 06:45 PM

The new version of this Mod will take a few days more as I'm not sure which features I should merge in the new version. The main idea with ESE is to only have features that have been tested and proven to be of use for the average user and as such having a stable Mod with a minimum of changes to the official code.

However, since I have a number of features I like to test which aren't mature for the ESE Mod yet, I'm currently compiling a new Mod which is a ESE Mod with code from NetF. This new mod will be called NetF WARP (previously called nAM) and will contain a modified version of the insanly fast endgame as mentioned in an earlier post.

Stay tuned and watch out for NetF WARP v0.2a! ESE v0.2a will come shortly after...

/netfinity
- VIP "Payback" queue

#88 User is offline   white lightning 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 September 2006 - 06:49 PM

Stay tuned and watch out for NetF WARP v0.2a! ESE v0.2a will come shortly after...

I hope soon...very soon...too soon ! :D
rEally lOve eMule & tHis fOrum

#89 User is offline   leexgx 

• UK MAD FOR LESS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 September 2006 - 06:09 PM

- Drop Stalled Sources, cancels stalled or slow downloads when file is about to complete to give way for faster sources

can you add that back into ESE as it works Very well as i have downloading 5 small files with WARP and its alot more realible way of compleating the download then ESE does

no other extra bits that mite break things keep that in warp :)
in and around

#90 User is offline   netfinity 

• Master of WARP
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 September 2006 - 07:27 PM

View Postleexgx, on Sep 16 2006, 08:09 PM, said:

- Drop Stalled Sources, cancels stalled or slow downloads when file is about to complete to give way for faster sources
can you add that back into ESE as it works Very well as i have downloading 5 small files with WARP and its alot more realible way of compleating the download then ESE does

no other extra bits that mite break things keep that in warp :)
Yes, I'm thinking about that. The feature worked alot better than I ever anticipated. In theory the feature might cause perfectly good sources to be dropped but in reality it almost never happens, probably due to DBR. Those two features works very good together!

Yup, I will try to keep all the "useless" features to the WARP Mod.

/netfinity
- VIP "Payback" queue

#91 User is offline   leexgx 

• UK MAD FOR LESS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 September 2006 - 04:44 PM

not useless just better to keep it simple id probly use WARP over ese (if there are no options to mess with in WARP then i just put that in my sig only)

Dropping the [Trickle-0.1b-1KB] user over an 20KB one is far better and 99% of the time it works very well (id say 100% but i guess out of 100 downloads it must not work some time but allways worked for me in WARP in ese it did some times not finish the download as ese does not drop slower uploaders and some times thay do not finish the last bit restarting emule the only way to compleat the file or wait 30 mins-1hr)

the droping code in WARP works very well like the old working netf mods , not realy tested bigger files as i have other faster none p2p ways to get bigger files
in and around

#92 User is offline   lorenzone92 

• MultiformeIngegno
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Italian Moderators

Posted 17 November 2006 - 12:57 PM

When a new version? :P
RockCiclopedia (wiki - forum - extra)
Tutta la storia del rock, scritta da voi ...
Posted Image
...iscriviti al feed di RockCiclopedia dedicato alle ultime news del mondo della musica!
...scarica la toolbar, per rimanere sempre aggiornato e partecipare attivamente alla community!

MultiformeIngegno | Blog, Il blog del solito cialtrone di turno..

#93 User is offline   netfinity 

• Master of WARP
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 November 2006 - 09:14 PM

View Postlorenzone92, on Nov 17 2006, 01:57 PM, said:

When a new version? :P
Once I fix my little code screw up! It broke when I merged with eMule v0.47c and I kinda never put that much effort in fixing it. However I think I should as the slow sources dropping code in WARP works quite well and ESE could benefit of that.

Regards,
netfinity
- VIP "Payback" queue

#94 User is offline   leexgx 

• UK MAD FOR LESS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 May 2007 - 05:11 AM

wanders back to emule forums

come back to see an new emule butt thay not added end game to official still yet (Trickle slots be resoved then)

going to be updateing this to 0.48a soon ? :)

Dropping the slower users over faster users is alot better
in and around

#95 User is offline   netfinity 

• Master of WARP
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 May 2007 - 07:32 AM

View Postleexgx, on May 21 2007, 07:11 AM, said:

wanders back to emule forums

come back to see an new emule butt thay not added end game to official still yet (Trickle slots be resoved then)

going to be updateing this to 0.48a soon ? :)

Dropping the slower users over faster users is alot better
Maybe! Time is precious, and for the moment all my effort is directed on Crumbs support and Safe KAD in the WARP mod. There is however one feature for KAD that I'm testing for the moment that surely should be in the official and might be a good reason for a new ESE release.

I'll consider it! :flowers:
- VIP "Payback" queue

• Member Options

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users