• « First
  • Last »

Now Donkeyservers Offiline Network at critical state

#181 User is offline   Hyperbyte 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 September 2007 - 06:40 AM

View PostFirnus, on Sep 17 2007, 11:49 PM, said:

But babelfish translation is very bad .... if a Nederlander (?????) can make a little translation

Translation said:

Bigbang eDonkey servers down

For two weeks there has been no sign from the so-called "BigBang" servers. It concerns 12 servers who were used to support the P2P file sharing network eDonkey. The servers went offline after the hosting provider forwarded notices from BREIN to their client. In the notices BREIN asked to make the servers inaccessible, because they structually provided access to illegal content. "Sometimes websites or servers go offline without notice. The owners don't want to admit it has something to do with us", says BREIN manager Tim Kuik. "The BigBang Servers were under management of a non-existant company. We're still tracking the true identity of the real owners."

BREIN has investigated that more than 90% of the file sharing provided by these type of servers concerns illegal content (meaning the lawful owner did not give permission to publish the content). The providing of free, illegal content, that would otherwise only be available to the paying user, causes the lawful owner a lot of damage. BREIN fights piracy for lawful owners of cinema movies, tv series, music, music videos, computer- and console games, interactive software, ebooks and audiobooks. This concerns a big majority of all traffic of these kind of servers.

Something like that.......

#182 User is offline   VampirLestat 

• Pip

Posted 18 September 2007 - 06:50 AM

hey guys look what I found in another found in another forum

More ED2k Server News:

Alright Things Have Been Moved Around And Yet Another Server Purchased....Why? Because We Love Our Users And The Networks We Use.

We Encourage Anyone That's Financially Able To Follow Our Lead And Show That For Every Server They Shut Down We Will Open Three. We Have To Stand Up And Fight Back Even If It's A Tiny Bit Here And There. Do What You Can When You To Fight The Puppets Of The Studios, Refuse To Bend To Their Will, And Always Remember....We Have The Numbers And The Will.

Alright, Alright Before I Fall Into Too Much Of A Rant Let's Get To The Meat.
#1 TVU DonkeyServer No1 Dedicated Just For This Purpose. : ed2k server: 89.248.162.206:6543
#2 TVU DonkeyServer No2 Shared With TVU And Has Had Numbers Limited In Order To Spare Bandwidth For TVU. : ed2k server: 66.29.81.125:6543
#3 TVU DonkeyServer No3 Old TVU Server That Has Been Dedicated To This Until The Time It Finally Gets Turned Off. : ed2k server: 83.149.102.18:6543

#183 User is offline   sk7744 

• Pip

Posted 18 September 2007 - 07:23 AM

Hello, everybody.
I was also shocked when I heard about the (hopefully temporary) downfall of major servers. I was using eMule for about 4 years now and I got used to it, because you could find anything (music, movies, animes, ...).
But the problem now is I never used KAD before so I was wondering if anyone could direct me to a topis that contains a user guide os instructions how to connect to and use KAD?
Thank you all for the help in advance and I hope that the situation resolves in the near future...

#184 User is offline   rutty 

• PipPip

Posted 18 September 2007 - 07:37 AM

View PostVampirLestat, on Sep 18 2007, 08:50 AM, said:

More ED2k Server News:Alright Things Have B...//...#3 TVU DonkeyServer No3 Old TVU Server That Has Been Dedicated To This Until The Time It Finally Gets Turned Off. : ed2k server: 83.149.102.18:6543

Can you not post the link to this article, so we can read it's full content?

This post has been edited by rutty: 18 September 2007 - 07:39 AM

#185 User is offline   elviSuzie 

• Pip

Posted 18 September 2007 - 07:52 AM

Hello

This must be the most stupid question you had until now. Sorry about that. Also I've tried to find answers in other threads but couldn't find any.

Of course I'm suffering from that problem of down servers as anybody else.
I wanted to connected to other servers like Razorback 3.1 Saugstube 2 and usenext.info but where do I get lists from with IPS addresses I can enter / download directly into eMule ? Anybody has an URL or other instructions how to enter that.

I have eMulePlus-1.2c.Binary and it has NO KAD button !!! How do I get it back, get KAD into my server list ???? That's the most important question as I understand it's the only source which still works.

Any help to that dummy over here is HIGHLY appreciated !!!! THANKS !!!!

Good luck ! :thumbup:

ElviSuzie

#186 User is offline   Vetroplach 

• Pip

Posted 18 September 2007 - 07:57 AM

View Postsk7744, on Sep 18 2007, 07:23 AM, said:

Hello, everybody.
I was also shocked when I heard about the (hopefully temporary) downfall of major servers. I was using eMule for about 4 years now and I got used to it, because you could find anything (music, movies, animes, ...).
But the problem now is I never used KAD before so I was wondering if anyone could direct me to a topis that contains a user guide os instructions how to connect to and use KAD?
Thank you all for the help in advance and I hope that the situation resolves in the near future...

Exactly, now if the only solution is switching to KAD, can someone post or link to a reliable guide what is KAD, how to use it and what are the hints for those who are behind admin's restrictions ? I was able to use e-mule only thanks to Your Freedom software and without admin's privileges I cannot turn on a VPN open mode so KAD is out of question for me as of now. Is there a way ? Or should I forget about emule ?

#187 User is offline   rutty 

• PipPip

Posted 18 September 2007 - 07:58 AM

View PostelviSuzie, on Sep 18 2007, 09:52 AM, said:

Hello

This must be the most stupid question you had until now. Sorry about that. Also I've tried to find answers in other threads but couldn't find any.

Of course I'm suffering from that problem of down servers as anybody else.
I wanted to connected to other servers like Razorback 3.1 Saugstube 2 and usenext.info but where do I get lists from with IPS addresses I can enter / download directly into eMule ? Anybody has an URL or other instructions how to enter that.

I have eMulePlus-1.2c.Binary and it has NO KAD button !!! How do I get it back, get KAD into my server list ???? That's the most important question as I understand it's the only source which still works.

Any help to that dummy over here is HIGHLY appreciated !!!! THANKS !!!!

Good luck ! :thumbup:

ElviSuzie

The're no stupid questions, just dumb answers!

Install a different version which has the kad function build in(48a)

This post has been edited by rutty: 18 September 2007 - 08:01 AM

#188 User is offline   Nissenice 

• clippetty-clopping...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 September 2007 - 08:30 AM

View Postsk7744, on Sep 18 2007, 09:23 AM, said:

http://forum.emule-p...s...st&p=917434

#189 User is offline   elviSuzie 

• Pip

Posted 18 September 2007 - 08:38 AM

Thanks so much Rutty !!!!
You've saved me ! I used that version before and it worked always fine. Then I was looking for a newer version, got that binary stuff __> bad decision !!!
In my old version I can get add new servers via IP address and bootstrap etc, while binary didn't accept any new IP address :-(
And well, I'm connected and even downloading again, yiipee !!

Thanks again !!!!

#190 User is offline   VampirLestat 

• Pip

Posted 18 September 2007 - 09:26 AM

View Postrutty, on Sep 18 2007, 07:37 AM, said:

View PostVampirLestat, on Sep 18 2007, 08:50 AM, said:

More ED2k Server News:Alright Things Have B...//...#3 TVU DonkeyServer No3 Old TVU Server That Has Been Dedicated To This Until The Time It Finally Gets Turned Off. : ed2k server: 83.149.102.18:6543

Can you not post the link to this article, so we can read it's full content?

here is their site

http://tvunderground...w...t&prop=show

#191 User is offline   mike03081972 

• Pip

Posted 18 September 2007 - 09:26 AM

No more DonkeyServer available from Belgium.
! My ISP is Télé2 !

#192 User is offline   Firnus 

• Fedora user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 September 2007 - 09:32 AM

View PostHyperbyte, on Sep 18 2007, 06:40 AM, said:

Translation said:

Bigbang eDonkey servers down

For two weeks there has been no sign from the so-called "BigBang" servers. It concerns 12 servers who were used to support the P2P file sharing network eDonkey. The servers went offline after the hosting provider forwarded notices from BREIN to their client. In the notices BREIN asked to make the servers inaccessible, because they structually provided access to illegal content. "Sometimes websites or servers go offline without notice. The owners don't want to admit it has something to do with us", says BREIN manager Tim Kuik. "The BigBang Servers were under management of a non-existant company. We're still tracking the true identity of the real owners."

BREIN has investigated that more than 90% of the file sharing provided by these type of servers concerns illegal content (meaning the lawful owner did not give permission to publish the content). The providing of free, illegal content, that would otherwise only be available to the paying user, causes the lawful owner a lot of damage. BREIN fights piracy for lawful owners of cinema movies, tv series, music, music videos, computer- and console games, interactive software, ebooks and audiobooks. This concerns a big majority of all traffic of these kind of servers.

Something like that.......

A great thanks,

A precision maybe (because i speak englis like a spanish cow (sorry for the spanish cow, but it's a french expression)

There are not a judgement or a justice action. The BREIN ask to provider to 'close' the server without justice ?

PS:
We're still tracking the true identity of the real owners Posted Image
Vous souhaitez être aider pour un problème sur eMule ?
Parce que nous ne sommes pas devin: /!\ A Lire Avant De Poster /!\
Parce que certains ont bossé pour proposer des 'tutoriels' le plus clair possible: TADELU
Parce que VOUS êtes intelligent > High ID: comprendre les tutos pour mieux les appliquer

TRFM >> Des infos sur les Mods

> Le libre à Lille - -

If you are in english section: sorry for my bad english .... I 'll do my best .... ;)

#193 User is offline   technician23 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 September 2007 - 10:37 AM

all german servers were disabled by themselves, because there is a new law in a special case:

LANDGERICHT HAMBURG
Beschluss vom 09.08.2007
In der Sache
- Antragstellerin -
gegen
- Antragsgegner -
beschließt das Landgericht Hamburg, Zivilkammer 8, durch …
Der Streitwertbeschwerde des Antragsgegners vom 16. Juli 2007 wird nicht abgeholfen.
Gründe:
Die zulässige Streitwertbeschwerde des Antragsgegners ist unbegründet.
Für die Streitwertbemessung ist das Interesse des Verletzten, d. h. der Antragstellerin, an der Abwehr zukünftiger
Rechtsverletzungen durch den Antragsgegner maßgebend. Der Streitwert richtet sich dabei vor
allem nach der Größe der Unternehmen der Antragstellerin einschließlich deren Umsatzes und der Gefährlichkeit
des jeweiligen Verstoßes (vgl. ZöllerHerget, ZPO, 25. Auflage 2005, § 3 Rn. 16, Stichwort: Gewerblicher
Rechtsschutz).
Insoweit ist der festgesetzte Streitwert in Höhe von 220.000,00 € nicht zu hoch bemessen. Tragfähige Gründe
für die Festsetzung eines niedrigeren Streitwertes hat der Antragsgegner in seiner Beschwerdeschrift
vom 16. Juli 2007 nicht vorgetragen.
www.medien- internet -und- recht .de ISSN: 1861-9754
MEDIEN INTERNET und RECHT und alle in der Publikation/Zeitschrift enthaltenden Inhalte, Beiträge, Abbildungen und Veröffentlichungen sind urheberrechtlich geschützt.
Jede Verwertung außerhalb der engen Grenzen des Urheberrechtsgesetzes ist ohne Zustimmung des Verlags unzulässig und strafbar. Das gilt insbesondere für
Vervielfältigungen, Bearbeitungen, Übersetzungen, Mikroverfilmungen sowie die Einspeicherung und Verarbeitung in elektronischen Systemen.
Die Verlagsrechte erstrecken sich auch auf die veröffentlichten Gerichtsentscheidungen und deren Leitsätze, die urheberrechtlichen Schutz genießen, soweit sie vom
Einsender oder von der Schriftleitung/Redaktion redigiert bzw. erarbeitet sind. Mit der Annahme zur Veröffentlichung überträgt der Autor dem Verlag das ausschließliche
Nutzungs-/Verlagsrecht für die Zeit bis zum Ablauf des Urheberrechts. Diese Rechtsübertragung bezieht sich insbesondere auf das Recht des Verlages, das Werk zu
gewerblichen Zwecken per Kopie (Mikrofilm, Fotokopie, CD-ROM, Dateikopien oder andere Verfahren in Online- und Printmedien etc.) zu vervielfältigen und/oder in
elektronische oder andere Datenbanken aufzunehmen. Für unverlangt eingesandte Manuskripte wird keine Haftung übernommen.
Mit Namen (Autor/Gericht/Quelle) gekennzeichnete Beiträge stellen ausdrücklich nicht unbedingt die Meinung der Redaktion dar.
Inhaltliche oder redaktionelle Fehler vorbehalten.
- 2 -
Die Antragstellerin hat ein beachtliches Interesse daran, Rechtsverletzungen durch Filesharingsysteme zu
unterbinden. Dies hat die Antragstellerin in ihrem Schriftsatz vom 7. August 2007 noch einmal nachvollziehbar
vorgetragen. Den Rechteinhabern - hier der Antragstellerin - entstehen durch verminderte Verkäufe aufgrund
von rechtswidrigen Angeboten ihrer Tonaufnahmen über das Internet erhebliche finanzielle Einbußen.
Hier sind das Verhalten des Antragsgegners und der Angriffsfaktor seines Handels von grundsätzlich anderer
Qualität als etwa bei im Rechtssinne „Störern“, die sich als Anschlussinhaber nach den Grundsätzen der
Störerhaftung das in einzelnen Filesharing-Handlungen liegende deliktische Verhalten ihrer Kinder oder anderer
Dritter zurechnen lassen müssen. Auch unter Berücksichtigung des Interesses der Antragstellerin an
der Unterbindung von Rechtsverletzungen durch Filesharingsysteme sollen derartige Störer durch die
Streitwertbemessung nicht sanktioniert werden. Dies berücksichtigend erachtet die Kammer bei Rechtsverletzungen
in solchen Fällen mittlerweile einen Streitwert von 6.000,00 € für den ersten Titel, von je 3.000,00
€ für den zweiten bis fünften Titel, von je 1.500,00 € für den sechsten bis zehnten Titel und von je 600,00 €
für jeden weiteren Titel für angemessen und ausreichend.
Der besondere Angriffsfaktor des Handelns des Antragsgegners liegt vorliegend darin, dass er durch den
Betrieb eines eDonkey-Servers zum Funktionieren des Filesharingsystems über das eDonkey-Netzwerk
insgesamt beigetragen hat und durch den Betrieb von eDonkeyServern überhaupt erst die Möglichkeit einer
öffentlichen Zugänglichmachung von Musikdateien - u. a. der hier in Rede stehenden - über das eDonkey-
Netzwerk geschaffen wird. Bei dieser Sachlage sieht sich die Kammer zu einer Streitwertstaffelung wie der
oben dargestellten nicht veranlasst und bewertet den Angriffsfaktor der öffentlichen Zugänglichmachung
jeder einzelnen hier in Rede stehenden Musikaufnahme mittels eines eDonkey-Servers durch den Betreiber
eines solchen Servers mit 20.000,00 €

http://medien-intern...IR_2007_313.pdf

I suggest to make the search bull down menue default kad, and even the serversearch or global search should only appear in the gui, if there is a server connection of emule, otherwise there should only be the kad search option.

it is a bug, that you can search a server, if there is no server connection. It is even a bug, which is announced with a pop up notice window.

#194 User is offline   technician23 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 September 2007 - 10:46 AM

Tragfähige Gründe
für die Festsetzung eines niedrigeren Streitwertes hat der Antragsgegner in seiner Beschwerdeschrift
vom 16. Juli 2007 nicht vorgetragen.

Der besondere Angriffsfaktor des Handelns des Antragsgegners liegt vorliegend darin, dass er durch den
Betrieb eines eDonkey-Servers zum Funktionieren des Filesharingsystems über das eDonkey-Netzwerk
insgesamt beigetragen hat und durch den Betrieb von eDonkeyServern überhaupt erst die Möglichkeit einer
öffentlichen Zugänglichmachung von Musikdateien - u. a. der hier in Rede stehenden - über das eDonkey-
Netzwerk geschaffen wird. Bei dieser Sachlage sieht sich die Kammer zu einer Streitwertstaffelung wie der
oben dargestellten nicht veranlasst und bewertet den Angriffsfaktor der öffentlichen Zugänglichmachung
jeder einzelnen hier in Rede stehenden Musikaufnahme mittels eines eDonkey-Servers durch den Betreiber
eines solchen Servers mit 20.000,00 €

This is definately untrue. A revision of the server maintainer would have success, as
a) a hash on the server is not a file on the server, so there was no distribution of the file
Otherwise if this is true, any emule client must be regarded as a "server" and then each private user get no smaller amount to pay, but the same as a server maintainer.
b ) one server is not responsible for the public acxess, as as well the kad network makes the public acess and all partials of all users downloading it
c) dunno, if in this case, the server maintainer had some "files" in his share of the server.. this seems to be possible as well?

So.. the law is really not based on facts,
if this is the given standard, then from the technical view there is then no difference between a server and a client, as kad is both, and as well partials are the same distribution to the public.

A wrong techical view leads in this case to make a server maintainer guilty for a bigger amount to pay.
But what does this mean for the users of clients.. and as well for other applications ?

The hash is like a bibliography notice, so any library catalog refering to hitlers mein kampf need as well to be punished?
As a hash is only meta-information,
But I guess no judge knows what this is ... the server admin should go to revision.

This post has been edited by technician23: 18 September 2007 - 10:46 AM

#195 User is offline   kwen 

• Pip

Posted 18 September 2007 - 11:00 AM

View PostFirnus, on Sep 18 2007, 11:32 AM, said:

There are not a judgement or a justice action. The BREIN ask to provider to 'close' the server without justice ?

Exactly. BREIN is a third-party organisation, representing the media-industry.
All they do is threaten people/companies who BREIN thinks are conducting 'illegal' business with lawsuits,
and they hand over some cases directly to the police as well (such as illegal DVD-pressers etc)
Many give in to this threat, though in fact BREIN has no jurisdiction at all, and few cases ever made it to court.

BigBang must have gotten scared.

#196 User is offline   Crowley666 

• PipPip

Posted 18 September 2007 - 11:17 AM

In my oppinion, I think that all this situation will end up like it did, a year ago, when the Belgium authorities closed down Razorback servers...a few months later, they were back in business...I think the best we can do is wait and see what happens...perhaps in a question of days or even 2 or 3 months the donkey servers will be "ressurrected"...at least, I hope so...

Now, we have 2 choices, connect to the few servers that are "alive", the usenext, TVU Donkeyservers, Razorback and Saugstube...even though they are not very stable (the connections drop more easily than it did before...and to KAD...
or we can look for other solutions in P2P like Rapid share or, my second prefered (after eMule) the torrents...

Just a note, it's still possible to make a global search in ed2k...it only takes a bit more time...and even if the Usenext or the Razorback servers appear to be dead, just try again 1 or 2 times, and you'll get a connection...

For me, everything's almost fine...even though I usually get to 400 to 700 kb download rate, I'm getting a 100 to 400 kb rate now...it's not perfect, but it's still fine...

Best regards to everyone of you...cheers

#197 User is offline   technician23 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 September 2007 - 11:30 AM

it is great to have a test, if emule can live without servers, I guess it can, but shareaza not.

#198 User is offline   torpon 

• I'm so tired
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 18 September 2007 - 11:40 AM

when the Belgium authorities closed down Razorback servers...a few months later, they were back in business
The original Razorback2 never were back in business. at least as eD2K servers.
Razorback3 are not related to Razorback2 and they appeared some time before Razorback2 were closed.

Cheers :D

#199 User is offline   Nissenice 

• clippetty-clopping...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 September 2007 - 11:41 AM

View PostCrowley666, on Sep 18 2007, 01:17 PM, said:

[...]
or we can look for other solutions in P2P like Rapid share or, my second prefered (after eMule) the torrents...
[...]
For me, everything's almost fine...even though I usually get to 400 to 700 kb download rate, I'm getting a 100 to 400 kb rate now...it's not perfect, but it's still fine...

Well, if you're not uploading at the same speed, which I believe you don't, then you are not much use to the rest of us. So goodbye then. :respect:

View Posttechnician23, on Sep 18 2007, 01:30 PM, said:

it is great to have a test, if emule can live without servers, I guess it can, but shareaza not.

14% of my known clients can. So can I, but I guess some users needs the servers more than others.

This post has been edited by Nissenice: 18 September 2007 - 11:49 AM

#200 User is offline   Some Support 

• Last eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Yes

Posted 18 September 2007 - 12:00 PM

Netzwerk geschaffen wird.

Well this argumentation at least sounds pretty strange. With the same arguments you could make ISPs responsible for any crime done anywhere in the net, given that a filesharing network itself is just as legal as any other webservice. However, court decisions in tech areas are always more or less random, given that several judges don't have much clue about it and just make something up.

• Member Options

• (28 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users