Official eMule-Board: Powershare - Official eMule-Board

Page 1 of 1

Powershare

#1 User is offline   Deindiaan 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 01 February 2006 - 10:16 PM

Hi,

I have a question about the powershare function. I release a chart every week, the file is about 50Mb. When i release it, i put it on powershare and i want it to stay on powershare. But with the latest versions of morphxt the poweshare gets turned off...i've tried everything but i cant't get it back on powershare with any options. The only way i can do it is restart emule..i've done that 3 times now in a few hous, but after a while it's turned of again(and all my downloads are gone again(. I know that with older versions i didn't have this problem.. what can i do, or can you fix this problem? I know the file is shared a lot of times but still i want to give everybody a high upload. I'm using the morphxt8.1 now but also had the problem with 7.8 7.7...

Thanks,

Greetings Deindiaan

#2 User is offline   SiRoB 

• Retired Morph Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 February 2006 - 10:35 PM

The file you want to powershare is already spreaded there is no need to keep it powershared.
Powershare feature should be used only to spread a new file on the network.
When the file will be less available on the network powershare will be available again.
eMule 0.47c MorphXT v9.5 ::binary::source::

#3 User is offline   Deindiaan 

• Pip

Posted 01 February 2006 - 11:34 PM

I know it works that way now, but in the older versions it didn't work that way... The problem is i want to give everybody a high upload but i can't now. Maybe there can be something created like "always powershare" Or i can start using an older version again, but that is not what i want.. I know that normally the way it works now, is better, but i'm the releaser of the charts and want everyone it to get as fast as possible!

Can you help?

Greetz!

#4 User is offline   phatphunky 

• PipPip

Posted 03 February 2006 - 02:00 PM

Deindiaan,
You need to use the feature powershare>limit of complete sources on your files listed under your 'Shared Files'...
Set this number to whichever you like... but this could take a while if you're doing a lot of files...
Best to initially set this up globally in Options>Morph Share>Shared File Management>Powershare and
select 'limited' and then input the number you wish to set this at...
Personally, I have this number set at 10 myself... The program does all the work for you,
somedays it is on powershare because 7 people have it... otherdays it is off because 12 have it...
All depends on who is keeping it shared...

If you do find that a file never goes back on powershare, that would mean others are keeping it shared for you
and you should be thrilled... :clap:

Sirob,
Please jump in here and correct me if I've said anything wrong, but Morph is one of the best Mods to use for powersharing... It does the job and does not harm the network...

This post has been edited by phatphunky: 03 February 2006 - 02:02 PM

#5 User is offline   SiRoB 

• Retired Morph Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 February 2006 - 03:58 PM

@phatphunky
I try to keep it useful and not harmful.
Not that easy.
Some are angry but those are the same that forgt the whole aspect of the ed2k network and this feature.
eMule 0.47c MorphXT v9.5 ::binary::source::

#6 User is offline   coluche 

• hm ?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 February 2006 - 09:01 PM

Phatphunky, what a wonderful post.I stored it in my bookmarks for future use on these topics :)

I read at another place, that SiRoB is very "stubborn" on PS-limits :)
(requirement for Mods presented in this Morph Subforum)
and I want to express moral Support for this.
There are a lot more who support Your (SiRoB's) point of view on this. Naturally You hear/read a lot more from those who complain than from those who agree.

Stay iron on this one! :+1:

(stubborn was not the term used on a german board, only I don't know how to translate, just as well as "bleib eisern = OR != stay iron")
It's Screamin' Jay Hawkins and he's a Wild Man, so bug off!

#7 User is offline   Deindiaan 

• Pip

Post icon  Posted 04 February 2006 - 10:28 PM

phatphunky,

Thanks for your info. I've put it on 50 now and i can try it next week when i release my next chart update. I read from other releasers that they also wanted this feature back, because we want all our upload to go to our releases and not to other shared files. Normally i have around 300 complete uploads in a week(for the chart)...so in 2 or 3 days i've upload it to everybody. I've done this for 2.5 years now so everybody is used of getting the songs quikly.

I'll let you know if it worked next week.

Greetzzz Deindiaan (Holland)

• Member Options

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users