Official eMule-Board: Why Do Each Of My Sources Get Cut Off After A Specific Amount Is Downl - Official eMule-Board

Page 1 of 1

Why Do Each Of My Sources Get Cut Off After A Specific Amount Is Downl I get disconnected from a source every time 9.32mb is downloaded

#1 User is offline   zer0nix 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:48 PM

for some reason, i get disconnected from individual sharers every time 9.32mb is downloaded from those sharers; that is, anytime i download up to 9.32mb from any filesharer, i get disconnected from that sharer and end up at the back of that person's queue.

this is quite frustrating because i'm currently downloading a rather rare, rather large file and i typically end up in the 3600ths place in line.

neither rebooting nor reinstalling have helped -and for some reason its always 9.32mb.

...is this a new feature of emule, an indication of an infected client or some new form of throttling? i currently use serverlists from peerrates (i used to use gruk before it got shut down) and my downloading is encrypted.

help?

#2 User is offline   qm2003 

• V.I.P. (Volatile Indifferent Puppet)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:56 PM

...is this a new feature of emule, an indication of an infected clientor some new form of throttling? i currently use serverlists frompeerrates (i used to use gruk before it got shut down) and mydownloading is encrypted.

None of the above.

This is exactly how clients on the ed2k network are supposed to function since the very beginning.

In your case the fault lies with the person not properly sharing the file you want.

Do not reboot nor reinstall, just stay online 24/7 until you get the file.
How to setup Emule. A small checklist | Schmu's MuleDoc
P2P is not piracy, it's marketing.
In fact, if your music or movie is NOT being downloaded, you should be WORRIED !
If you can't even give it away for free, how do you expect to sell it, stupid ?

I'm a bloodsucking fiend. Look at my outfit !

#3 User is offline   xilolee 

• eMule 0.50b BETA1 user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Italian Moderators

Posted 12 August 2009 - 09:00 PM

it is an old feature of emule, it allows the download to all the users.

welcome (click)

corruption handling (click)

This post has been edited by xilolee: 12 August 2009 - 09:04 PM

INCONCEIVABLE! - You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
come ottenere aiuto italian guides - guide della sezione italiana
italian support - sezione italiana scaricare la lista server
ottenere id alto impostare le porte nel router
recuperare file corrotti i filtri ip
Sembra talco ma non č serve a darti l'allegrIa! Se lo lanci e poi lo respiri ti dā subito l'allegrIa! Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Wulp 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2009 - 02:37 PM

View Postzer0nix, on 12 August 2009 - 10:48 PM, said:

...is this a new feature of emule

Considering that eMule was "best new project" on sourceforge only two years or so ago, one may call this feature new too. :P

my downloading is encrypted.

By encrypted do you mean protocol obfuscation? Or what?

This post has been edited by Wulp: 13 August 2009 - 02:39 PM

#5 User is offline   zer0nix 

• Pip

Posted 13 August 2009 - 05:20 PM

welp, i feel like an idiot :P thanks for the speedy reply guys!

By encrypted do you mean protocol obfuscation? Or what?
aye; i forgot the proper term. there's a big difference, obviously, but its nearly the same to the end user.

...now to find out how to optimize my download speed; some of my downloads go at .1Kbps and others go at 20Kbps :/

This post has been edited by zer0nix: 13 August 2009 - 05:22 PM

#6 User is offline   pier4r 

• Ex falso quodlibet ; Kad is the major concept behind emule.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2009 - 08:08 PM

View Postzer0nix, on 13 August 2009 - 07:20 PM, said:

...now to find out how to optimize my download speed; some of my downloads go at .1Kbps and others go at 20Kbps :/

View Postqm2003, on 12 August 2009 - 10:56 PM, said:

Do not reboot nor reinstall, just stay online 24/7 until you get the file.

>>>Feature Request (ICS) or SOTN, EmuleCollectionV2 >>> Emule on old hardware (intel pentium 2 or 3 - via c3 - and so on) with good OS settings and enough ram (256+ mb): great >>>user of: eMule - Xtreme - ZZUL bastard - SharX - SharkX 1.8b5 pierQR - ZZUL-Tra - ZZUL-Tra-TL - kMule - Beba

Extended signature: click.

#7 User is offline   d9d 

• PipPip

Posted 18 August 2009 - 04:26 AM

hah!....I was looking for something totally different when I stumbled across this topic.

I too have this 'problem', except I have half a dozen files stuck at 9.28mb instead of 9.32mb.

I hardly ever DL big files, as I can only get dialup here, and all the files stuck at 9.28mb are only 10-14mb total...so close on so many!! LOL

It'd be nice if emule and protocols worked to sense this 'very close' condition and help finish 95% done files. But I know that's a whole discussion of it's own; carried on in the dev forums, so I'll leave it be.

Nice to find out though that this problem is inherent, and not something weird wrong with just my installation. :)
Morph/emule XT v10.5 on Win2000, T60p Thinkpad 15" UXGA, PC experience: very high...but not a programmer. Network: slow rural Dialup, 28kb avg. T60/emule gets web over wifi from another laptop running its dialup-modem connection over XP/ICS/wifi.

#8 User is offline   Wulp 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:06 PM

As said, it is not really a problem but a feature.
There must me something like this, otherwise especially bigger files would vanish much sooner.

• Member Options

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users