• « First

Emule 0.50B Beta1 Released

#281 User is offline   fox88 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 May 2017 - 08:57 AM

View PostMMouse, on 22 May 2017 - 06:53 PM, said:

And Emule.exe does unfortunately assume Explorer.exe never crashes too.

Thanks for the link.
But Explorer crash or restart were handled correctly in eMule.
With DPI change behaviouir is somewhat different, and that was the cause of the issue.

If you want a quick workaround, when executing Emule.exe from a shortcut or from the taskbar and an instance of Emule is already running, just SendMessage(....) to emule with the SW_SHOW argument. By which I mean, why is emule.exe not showing up again after I press the executable when explorer crashed with Emule.exe hidden in the Systray never to return?

For the current workarounds please pay attention to the last two phrases in this message.

#282 User is offline   MMouse 

• Pip

Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:54 PM

View Postfox88, on 23 May 2017 - 08:57 AM, said:

And Emule.exe does unfortunately assume Explorer.exe never crashes too.

Thanks for the link.
But Explorer crash or restart were handled correctly in eMule.
With DPI change behaviouir is somewhat different, and that was the cause of the issue.

If you want a quick workaround, when executing Emule.exe from a shortcut or from the taskbar and an instance of Emule is already running, just SendMessage(....) to emule with the SW_SHOW argument. By which I mean, why is emule.exe not showing up again after I press the executable when explorer crashed with Emule.exe hidden in the Systray never to return?

For the current workarounds please pay attention to the last two phrases in this message.

Microsoft Windows 10 Explorer Taskbar and High DPI or different DPI caused it obviously. Indeed at 149% DPI crashing Explorer.exe and restarting it does indeed showup emule in the taskbar again. So Emule does indeed something with that Windows Message that a Systray area has been created. However indeed and this is very sad actually at 150% DPI (Yes I rebooted sure.) Emule does not come back. But I already mentioned other software has these issues too. And it is impossible to simulate all scenarios especially things like NVidia Optimus, 4k Diplays and Optimus, 1920x1080 and Optimus with all kind of diferent DPI settings. But I do not understand why for example emule.exe and tixati.exe are affacted and other software is not. But if anyone asks for a in my case:

NVIDIA Optimus and Intel on CPU integrated GPU with another DPI setting than 100% a simple change from 150% to 149% as a custom High DPI setting solved everything.

Since I don't think NVidia Optimus combined with Integrated Graphics wheter Intel or AMD or AMD solution like switiching GPU on the fly can be simulated in a virtual machine.

I just happened to be unfortunate user of Windows 10 Explorer with High DPI bugs, since it is now proven emule.exe is not to blame. But only few people will mention this I think.

I don't understand how Microsoft could let this happen anyway since 150% is such a default and 200% which I did not test is such a default too. Maybe that High DPI settings and Windows 10 with its rolling release can be mentioned in a section somewhere. I only wish I would have known more than a month ago that changing DPI to 149% would have solved everything. But as said the internet is full of people with other software products behaving differently depending on Windows 10 especially DPI scaling.

Microsoft for example assumes users will download Sysinternal Suite from Microsoft run Process Explorer investigate a running process .exe image, and I know for sure no ordinairy user does that.
https://support.micr...igh-dpi-devices

I only popped up at this forum for this DPI problem which can only be solved by Microsoft itself, I actually should go to a forum about people complaining their software is running strangely on High DPI, visited such forum before I went here. But fortunately you already are aware now. Since I read about IPv6 and that KAD cannot be transitioned from IPv4 to IPv6 since the IP address is for example used as a resource that is scarse I know more will come ahead in the future though.

Conclusion: Hope that more people with all kind of different combinations of hardware and software will contribute to the sustained developement of emule. Since only very few with an issue go to a website forum like here.

Since Tixati Client has the same issue, exactly the same, I should think about what I want to do at the Tixati forum. People might think I wasted time of people reading my messages about Microsoft its crappy DPI scaling side effects, but I wasted so much time more than the people reading this now, it took me a month to know blurry bitmaps or icons or strange behaviour in the systray area or crappy looking Windows can be solved by changing my DPI from 150% to 149% so I would like to do a citation of Linus Torvalds, 'Microsoft just happens to make crappy operating systems'. By which I mean I wasted a month (30 days) of my life. But it's solved with a workaround but not a standard Windows installation setup though, but other people should know about this little trick so they don't waste their time as I did. And this current situation with Microsoft Windows 10 System Tray Icon defects only appear after playing games so many people will not reach this kind of situation I suppose in the first place. Since it was not on the fly DPI change but Screen Resolution change that triggers current bugs in Windows 10 Creator Build of May 2017 and every release of Windows 10 before that date towards third party software and sometimes Microsoft its own software.

I should win the noob price of the year ;-) but happyly I can leave this behind now. Although I have a feeling I will use Sysinternal Suite to study Emule.exe its in memory image state in the bug scenario at default Windows Systems not at 100% DPI, which I must not do, since I or anyone else should not solve Microsoft its errors.

This post has been edited by MMouse: 23 May 2017 - 02:17 PM

#283 User is offline   fox88 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 May 2017 - 08:15 PM

No idea about 150% or 200% scaling. There was nothing more than 125% in Windows 10 Insider preview installed in Virtualbox.
The only trouble was:
minimize to tray,
change scale,
click tray icon.
eMule would restore the window, but the icon remains in tray and minimize would not work.

Restart of Explorer at that moment would delete the icon, and eMule again could be iconized.
That should be unrelated to the exact scaling value.

#284 User is offline   MMouse 

• Pip

Posted 24 May 2017 - 04:26 PM

View Postfox88, on 23 May 2017 - 08:15 PM, said:

No idea about 150% or 200% scaling. There was nothing more than 125% in Windows 10 Insider preview installed in Virtualbox.
The only trouble was:
minimize to tray,
change scale,
click tray icon.
eMule would restore the window, but the icon remains in tray and minimize would not work.

Restart of Explorer at that moment would delete the icon, and eMule again could be iconized.
That should be unrelated to the exact scaling value.

I found out what the problem in any current build is for Windows 10 and change of DPI%.

Microsoft offers for example standard values like 150%, or in my case the last standard value of 175% and on 4k Displays Microsoft should offer standard value 200%.

As soon as one uses these Microsoft suggested standard values problems arise. Now this is because at these standard values people can have multiple screens eacht with their own DPI%.

However, the solution to all problems is not to choose a value that Microsoft offers but to manually enter your own High DPI% number value, even if it is 150% (but ignoring microsoft offering to do it.)

So one must not choose Microsoft standard values, one can pick any value upto 500% but a person must manually enter the number like I did with 149% manually, and manually 150% works too, but Microsoft suggested 150% does not work.

Scenario's tested when using Microsoft standard High DPI suggested or manually override High DPI, rebooted after every change of DPI%, crashed en restarted explorer.exe, played games that change resolution. And the conclusion at the end.

DPI=150%, microsoft recommended, emule in systray works fine when killing explorer.exe and restart explorer.exe and nicely pops up back.
After playing a game emule is still in the systray and one can show emule.exe with it, but emule can no longer minimize to systray
Killing explorer.exe and restart explorer.exe fixes this systray issue.
[FAILED]
DPI=175%, microsoft recommended, emule in systray works fine when killing explorer.exe and restart explorer.exe and nicely pops up back.
After playing a game emule is still in the systray and one can show emule.exe with it, but emule can no longer minimize to systray
Killing explorer.exe and restart explorer.exe fixes this systray issue.
[FAILED]
DPI=175%, microsoft does not recommend it, MANUALLY override, all displays get 175% DPI, every procedure fine.
[SUCCESS]
DPI=200%, microsoft recommended, see 175% microsoft recommended and 150% microsoft recommended
[FAILED]
DPI=150%, microsoft does not recommend it, MANUALLY override, all displays get 150% DPI, every procedure fine.
[SUCCESS]
DPI=200%, microsoft does not recommend it, MANUALLY override, all displays get 200% DPI, every procedure fine.
[SUCCESS]
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Conclusion, the standard High DPI% that Microsoft offers must be manually overridden, even if it is the same High DPI% which is very ironic.
I can now use 150% DPI since I do not use the Microsoft recommended 150% DPI but I override it with a manually 150% DPI.
One must manually simply override suggested Microsoft values and I can not use it for example.

This is PERFECT since I now have a beautiful DPI% although I must enter the 150 value manually and force it and DO NOT USE MICROSOFT RECOMMENDED DPI%
In the future Microsoft will work this out eventually, but all my screens have the same resolution and same DPI%.

*) Note, a MANUALLY override DPI is at the same location as the Microsoft suggested DPI, always use MANUALLY override it always works. But your screens all will have the same DPI that is the price.

Now this fixes everything. Again Microsoft its bugs not the user. User trusts a Microsof suggested value like I did, and that caused all the bugs which only become visible like after playing games or playing an emulator of the C64 at a 320x240 screen resolution change for example.

These bugs show up only when every step is repeated, if you never do game or never play an emulator that changes display resolution you would never see this bug in Microsoft Windows 10 DPI scaling.

This post has been edited by MMouse: 24 May 2017 - 04:34 PM

#285 User is offline   fox88 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2017 - 06:45 PM

View PostXeus32, on 22 May 2017 - 05:31 PM, said:

I have made a patch to add the support to Windows Shell Metadata Properties for Media Files.

Do you have a repository with these changes?

#286 User is offline   fox88 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 July 2017 - 11:29 AM

Here is unofficial release of eMule 0.50b in zip arvhive.
The archive contains language dlls, nodes.dat for initial KAD bootstrapping and eMule.tmpl with a fix suggested by Eulero.

#287 User is offline   falcogiallo 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 July 2017 - 11:37 PM

View Postfox88, on 29 July 2017 - 11:29 AM, said:

The archive contains language dlls, nodes.dat for initial KAD bootstrapping and eMule.tmpl with a fix suggested by Eulero.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

#288 User is offline   SS1900 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2017 - 06:31 PM

@fox88
in your unofficial buil when i click on the folder in the side toolbar :
Posted Image
the temp folder is opened ...it's right his ? i thought that the incoming folder was open or not ? :confused:

:flowers:

#289 User is offline   fox88 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2017 - 07:52 PM

This button opens directory where is the selected download.
Obviously it was an incompete file.

#290 User is offline   SS1900 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2017 - 08:19 PM

View Postfox88, on 05 August 2017 - 08:52 PM, said:

This button opens directory where is the selected download.
Obviously it was an incompete file.

ok more clear now :+1:

thx

#291 User is offline   holysmoker 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 September 2017 - 08:56 AM

Any news? :-k

#292 User is offline   potshot 

• PipPip

Posted 22 October 2017 - 08:15 PM

View Postfox88, on 29 July 2017 - 04:29 AM, said:

I was trying this version out and when I started it it began to rehash all my shared files (I have over 1000+). Why does it have to rehash all my files? I didn't overwrite the Known.met or Known2_64.met files which is where I thought all the shared file info is stored.

#293 User is offline   fox88 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2017 - 08:46 AM

View Postpotshot, on 22 October 2017 - 11:15 PM, said:

Why does it have to rehash all my files?

File information in .met files includes file date.
Microsoft changed more than once how the file date was handled (in OSes and in C runtime library).
Therefore some/all files might get rehashed; but only once if you keep using this version.

#294 User is offline   SS1900 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2017 - 10:43 AM

@ potshot
this issue happens also to me with the fox88's build .
you should write this string in the file preferences.ini :
AdjustNTFSDaylightFileTime=1

no more reash .

#295 User is offline   NoMiaus 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2017 - 02:36 PM

Bugs that are still on the beta version should be added to the official GitHub repository via Pull requests, commit by commit. I think that would be a good way to help Some Support to merge the changes easily and one by one. I don't understand the point of creating parallel versions to the official one. We're still stucked on the same point. Maybe fox88 and Some Support should work together instead?

This post has been edited by NoMiaus: 23 October 2017 - 02:40 PM

En ocasiones.. veo cable-modems Motorola con ID Alta ._.'

#296 User is offline   fox88 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2017 - 05:44 PM

View PostSS1900, on 23 October 2017 - 01:43 PM, said:

no more reash .

But possibly twice a year, on DST change.

#297 User is offline   potshot 

• PipPip

Posted 24 October 2017 - 04:39 AM

View PostSS1900, on 23 October 2017 - 03:43 AM, said:

@ potshot
this issue happens also to me with the fox88's build .
you should write this string in the file preferences.ini :

no more reash .

Thank you this worked! But what happens on DST change? Do I remove the line or change it to 0?

#298 User is offline   emule_user_downunder 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 June 2018 - 10:02 AM

I note that in my 0.51A beta 7 preferences.ini has the value of 1, but half the files were rehashed and half weren't.
Has this beta version of 0.50B Beta 1 been superseded by the 0.51 version? Have the outstanding reported bugs here been squashed?

This post has been edited by emule_user_downunder: 05 June 2018 - 10:04 AM

#299 User is offline   emule_user_downunder 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 June 2018 - 10:17 AM

View PostNoMiaus, on 24 October 2017 - 01:36 AM, said:

Bugs that are still on the beta version should be added to the official GitHub repository via Pull requests, commit by commit. I think that would be a good way to help Some Support to merge the changes easily and one by one. I don't understand the point of creating parallel versions to the official one. We're still stucked on the same point. Maybe fox88 and Some Support should work together instead?

(my emphasis added)
It is most encouraging to see some activity on the development front to improve stability and add features.
Is this 'working together' happening?

Doesn't GitHub support collaboration, or are we having two versions diverging, and then they should probably be called spinoffs such as the MorphXt (which has incomplete file import options that I would dearly love to see incorporated back into the main release.
Maybe end users should report bugs into the forums here (keep them out of GitHub), and the active developers summarise these as bugs in GitHub and close them off as part of the update/release/test cycle, and update the forums with the results?

We could then provide much needed feedback as part of the beta testing aspect to confirm solutions and close off these threads.

This post has been edited by emule_user_downunder: 23 June 2018 - 08:19 AM

#300 User is offline   Enig123 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 September 2018 - 11:22 PM

Since version 0.50B Beta, eMule uses another thread to buffer uploading data.

I am wondering if it would trigger potential upload/download data corruption due to possible thread conflict, which most probably would happened when a part file is both downloading/uploading at the same time?

Possible solutions? What do you think guys?

Edit: I am asking this because I have already encountered downloading data corruptions which may be caused by thread problems I mentioned above, when I am trying to write the consecutive buffers with only one Seek invoke. That may happen because another Seek of the same part file been invoked by CUploadDiskIOThread during the writes.

Edit2: Also I know that calling Seek to the right position each time before writing might alleviate possibility of corruption due to thread conflict, but it's not the solution to prevent it for good.

This post has been edited by Enig123: 12 September 2018 - 12:31 AM

• Member Options

• (16 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users