Official eMule-Board: Irc Network Emule - Official eMule-Board

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Irc Network Emule What's up?

Poll: Irc Network Emule (58 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think that is the time to change IRC network?

1. Yes (29 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. No (25 votes [43.10%])

Percentage of vote: 43.10%

3. I don't know (4 votes [6.90%])

Percentage of vote: 6.90%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   Anyone16 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:48 PM

I know that the current irc network for eMule is MindForge but from about 2 months this one is always under denal of service attack so... do you think that is the time to change network? if the answer is yes i've a network within good servers... if it's necessary i'll tell you the name of my network...

#2 User is offline   omeringen 

• löl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:00 PM

Some of admins of Mforge is also a member of this forum. They might write an explanation about latest issues/attacks. These issues are not new but it has been happening frequently these few weeks. Is there any relation between eMule and these attacks ? MPAA etc. . .

This post has been edited by omeringen: 08 June 2010 - 10:15 PM

#3 User is offline   Anyone16 

• Pip

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:01 PM

i don't know but MF admins know who is attacking the server...

#4 User is offline   Eulero 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:46 PM

The new network will be immune to DDoS ? Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Anyone16 

• Pip

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:50 PM

Nobody can't do anything to ddos attacks but... we've a little ddos protection

#6 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 June 2010 - 08:28 AM

I'd much rather vote for the channel policies to be changed. The help channels are racist in my mind. I went to the Italian channel to get a translation and was banned for asking in English. I mentioned mods in the German channel and they would spread lies and eventually ban me. The staff should be picked more carefully!
I am an emule-web.de member and fan!

[Imagine there was a sarcasm meter right here!]

No, there will not be a new version of my mods. No, I do not want your PM. No, I am certain, use the board and quit sending PMs. No, I am not kidding, there will not be a new version of my mods just because of YOU asking for it!

#7 User is offline   Anyone16 

• Pip

Posted 09 June 2010 - 09:44 AM

View PostStulle, on 09 June 2010 - 09:28 AM, said:

I'd much rather vote for the channel policies to be changed. The help channels are racist in my mind. I went to the Italian channel to get a translation and was banned for asking in English. I mentioned mods in the German channel and they would spread lies and eventually ban me. The staff should be picked more carefully!

That's right but i think they do this for much order in the channel :P

#8 User is offline   omeringen 

• löl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 June 2010 - 01:14 PM

Most of them don't even know that there is an official eMule-project forum. Remember, one of the English helper once opened a topic here about BT support. :) They know enough knowledge to help a new user ; Setting right uL/dL capacities, forwarding ports, updating eMule etc. It's enough and I respect what they have been doing in these channels but the racist part Stulle mentioned is absolutely right, it's unbelievable. Especially English operators, they can kick you without any reason, that's probably you explained a feature properly or helped a user professionally before in a way that operators are not capable of. And i know that most of the Mforge members know how e-english helpers act like a five years old child mostly. These parts are not related to the topic, sorry for OT but i needed to add these lines. And i am still having hard times to stay online at chat server for these last weeks.

This post has been edited by omeringen: 09 June 2010 - 02:03 PM

#9 User is offline   Anyone16 

• Pip

Posted 09 June 2010 - 04:30 PM

mmm guys I'm not a moderator but I don't want to go off topic... the central topic is another thing :P

#10 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 June 2010 - 04:39 PM

well, this is something that would make me actually consider a change of network. chances are it's because of eMule that Mindforge is being attacked. so changing the network because of this is not desirable, it would just shift the problem. however, i would consider a shift because of the things omeringen and i mentioned above.

This post has been edited by Stulle: 09 June 2010 - 04:39 PM

No, there will not be a new version of my mods. No, I do not want your PM. No, I am certain, use the board and quit sending PMs. No, I am not kidding, there will not be a new version of my mods just because of YOU asking for it!

#11 User is offline   Anyone16 

• Pip

Posted 09 June 2010 - 05:13 PM

so, I can propose my network to host eMule project while MForge admin's adjust the problem with ddosses or other issues

#12 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 June 2010 - 05:22 PM

temporary solutions are most likely not welcome in this matter. why don't you offer your help directly to the MindForge admins?

#13 User is offline   xilolee 

• eMule 0.50b BETA1 user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Italian Moderators

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:51 PM

Hi boys!

I agree with stulle and omeringen... but changing network is a solution?
New irc moderators take example from the olders (older ones?)... It's a problem of character...
If a person is willing to explain things gracefully to newcomers, only depends on his character.
If older operators are grumpy, newer operators will be the same.
On the other hand, I can comprehend irc operators when the channel is full with THOUSANDS of people that only want to chat :D
Unfortunately they (moderators) behave the same way even if there are less than 10 people in channel... :-k
INCONCEIVABLE! - You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
come ottenere aiuto italian guides - guide della sezione italiana
italian support - sezione italiana scaricare la lista server
ottenere id alto impostare le porte nel router
recuperare file corrotti i filtri ip
Sembra talco ma non è serve a darti l'allegrIa! Se lo lanci e poi lo respiri ti dà subito l'allegrIa! Posted Image

#14 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2010 - 02:09 AM

the problem is not network operators/admins but channel operators. i am a grumpy person myself but what the help channels do is just racist/facist, call it whatever you please. i think that's bad and for the sake of eMule and it's open source identity somebody should do something against it.

#15 User is offline   Some Support 

• Last eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Yes

Posted 10 June 2010 - 07:52 AM

Just to state one thing: We do not pick the staff of the help channels or interfer at all. I personally also have no clue if the accusation some make are true or not - there are always some complains about operators on chat channel, regardless how they behave. It did kinda worked out for the last few years however.
Now even if we wanted to change (nad i'm not saying that at this point), that would mean a lot work to resetup the helpchannels and noone of the devteam has time for this (as this takes a lot of time to do properly).

#16 User is offline   Anyone16 

• Pip

Posted 10 June 2010 - 01:32 PM

The topic is another so... i know temporary things are not good but what can we do now? I tell you what's happening now: emule users that wants help can't have that because the network is under attack...

#17 User is offline   InCogNito 

• Pip

Posted 10 June 2010 - 07:42 PM

Hi!

I think the whole staff of Mindforge network is doing an excellent job now as they have ever done before, massive DDoS-attacks are something you could not resist against. But i believe the IRC team will do their very best to give all the users the plattform for communication. I think there is no need for a new network of persons who just come and think they can do the same good job as this proven team for years. They all give their good money and thei good time for all the users, that should be well honored here. For my person i will stand behind the MF team as i did before, do now and will do in future.

And Stulle, just a word to you, big word to say the operators are rassist of facist, you should not take your mouth such as full. Most of them give also the free time to help users with emule rthe best they can. Exceptions can be always as in whole life but to rate them all the same and with this awful declarations shows cynism and lowest niveau. Have you ever done this job?

Best regards of one of the well known members (or rassist uin your words) of emule help channels

InCogNito

#18 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:21 PM

InCogNito: Do you even know who I am? If you did you would know I am in the eMule MorphXT help channel for over a year now. I have further established a fair number of eMule mod projects and give support for them and some more for more than 5 years now. Yes, I do know what such a job is like! I get this information first hand. I am not always the most pleasant guy to be around but there is at least something I am not doing and that is passing unjust judgment. If you think asking for a translation in an Italian channel is worth a kick/ban you are apparently messed up. If you consider it right that people receive kick/ban for mentioning mods when the mod community has some significant influence on eMule itself (see ZZ's contribution to the upload and the various fixes and changes suggested by modders) than you are wrong. And if you believe that spreading false accusations about mods in general is desirable in any way you are no better than those operators. This is not about big words but about people who probably all have inferior knowledge of eMule compared to me and some others who think they can play god without any real reason.

This post has been edited by Stulle: 10 June 2010 - 08:23 PM

#19 User is offline   Anyone16 

• Pip

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:03 PM

View PostInCogNito, on 10 June 2010 - 08:42 PM, said:

Hi!

I think the whole staff of Mindforge network is doing an excellent job now as they have ever done before, massive DDoS-attacks are something you could not resist against. But i believe the IRC team will do their very best to give all the users the plattform for communication. I think there is no need for a new network of persons who just come and think they can do the same good job as this proven team for years. They all give their good money and thei good time for all the users, that should be well honored here. For my person i will stand behind the MF team as i did before, do now and will do in future.

We didn't say that MF team isn't doing an excellent job. We're only saying that emule users can't have help because of the ddosses so the propose is to move TEMPORARY the emule project to another server while MF team rebuilt all

#20 User is offline   Eulero 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:20 PM

View PostAnyone16, on 10 June 2010 - 11:03 PM, said:

We're only saying that emule users can't have help because of the ddosses so the propose is to move TEMPORARY the emule project to another server while MF team rebuilt all

IPs of servers have already been changed, if you know a server resistant to DDoS, just provide the name to the administrators :)

• Member Options

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users