Official eMule-Board: Two Questions: Minimizing To Systray And Hashing - Official eMule-Board

Page 1 of 1

Two Questions: Minimizing To Systray And Hashing

#1 User is offline   chedebarna 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 August 2005 - 09:11 AM

Hi all,

I'm having a couple (heh-heh) of problems with emule. The first one has to do with minimizing the program to the systray: sometimes it just wont. I've tried both otpions "minimize to systray", checked and unchecked, and it's the same.

Well, actually, if it's checked, then the minimize button just doesnt work and i cant even minimize the window. If it's unchecked, it is the "." button that becomes unreactive, but the "_" button works fine so at least i can send the program window down to the program bar. The program keeps running "fine".

I'm running emule v.0.46c under WinXP Pro, 512 Mb RAM, Pentium 4 3.20 GHz and a stinky Radeon 9600 with 256 Mb memory (guys: never buy one of these).

This is a pain in the neck, indeed, but im used to it as i have ALWAYS had this problem with emule, in three differents computers ive had since i first started to use the program on a P667 under Win98. Another really annoying problem related to systray icon is not being able to restore the program, tho it keeps running as well.

You guys think it's just a problem with my computer? With all the computers ive had, actually? I'd call that the worst luck...

Now, the second one. This is REALLY worrying me as it affects the whole system. Everytime i start emule, invariably, it hashes my shared files. Not all of them, thank the gods, but just some 30. I'm sharing many gigs, so im glad it's just about say 5 gigs rehashed EVERYTIME... basically it means that the whole system is slowed down to e-turtle mode until it has ended hashing. For instance, today it took 46 minutes of painful crawling during which i cant even think about doing 3 or 4 things at a time on my comp as it was working full blast.

The thing is i know my comp is experiencing HD problems not because of emule, but that doesn't mean emule HAS to make it worse hashing those files everytime it starts, does it? Any idea -- except for reloading my shared list, which would take forever and make my comp unusable for hours and hours.

I know emule is a real resource sucker and if you let it run for too long it ends up taking over the whole thing, but collapsing the system since START is just unbearable.

Anyway, lets see if anybody is having these problems too and, yet i dont get a solution, i get some consolation...

• Member Options

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users