Official eMule-Board: "scores" And "dl/up Modifier"... Please Expain? - Official eMule-Board

Page 1 of 1

"scores" And "dl/up Modifier"... Please Expain? can anyone in detail discribe exacly?

#1 User is offline   FireRaven 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 August 2005 - 05:41 AM

hi. can someone please explain exacly how the client scoring system works?

when i click on user details it says:
- DL/UP Modifier
- Rating (total)
- Uploadqueue Score

how do these mean? if i upload 100MB to this user, which value here will change to tell me he give me a higher priority, etc...

#2 User is offline   fractal.design 

• '///.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 August 2005 - 06:16 AM

http://www.emule-pro...e/perl/help.cgi

;)
A better informed userbase means more speed for everyone.
HeavyMetal Helmet Warrior for the T.W.O.

user posted image user posted image

#3 User is offline   FireRaven 

• PipPip

Posted 21 August 2005 - 09:06 AM

ok thanks for that i understand it now.

there is one thing it didn't point out though...

just say me and john are both brand new emule users, so we both have x1.0 modifiers toward eachother and i request to download something from john. john puts me in QR:850, then suddenly john downloads something off me and i give him 80MB in 5 minutes. his modifier towards me is now greater and he will put me in a faster QR than 850. but to get this QR faster than 850 do i have to re-request the file from him, or will i suddenly move up the QR to say QR:20 or something?

This post has been edited by FireRaven: 21 August 2005 - 09:07 AM

#4 User is offline   fractal.design 

• '///.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 August 2005 - 09:35 AM

I think:
If you request a file off john, he will add you into his queue.
If you have credits with john, youll be higher in his queue.

So the next time you request the file you will be put up higher.
I think...

At any rate johns eMule will now if you have uploaded to it, and change your queue position, or give you a slot or whatever accordingly.

It'll know :)

This post has been edited by fractal.design: 21 August 2005 - 09:35 AM

A better informed userbase means more speed for everyone.
HeavyMetal Helmet Warrior for the T.W.O.

user posted image user posted image

#5 User is offline   qm2003 

• V.I.P. (Volatile Indifferent Puppet)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 August 2005 - 10:31 AM

The queuerating of someone in your queue is calculated like this:

QR (score) = [waitingtime in queue] x [rating] x [filepriority] / [constant]

waitingtime : Well, it's obviously what this is. Neither you nor the waiting client has any influence here. But the client has to report back every 29 minutes to stay in the queue. He can miss 1 "appointment", but then he's out and has to start all over again, if he comes back.

rating : The initial rating for new clients is 100, clients without secure identification get 80, very old emuleclients (<.20) get 50, banned clients get 0. If you have the creditsystem enabled, this initial rating is constantly modified depending on your individual upload/download ratio with this client. The range of this modifyer is 0.1 to 10. For more details look into the docs.

filepriority : You can influence the progress of clients in your queue waiting for a file by changing the uploadpriority for this file. It's a second modifyer over which you can have the saying. The values are :
very low = 2, low = 6, normal = 7, high = 9, release = 18

constant : To get managable values for the QR, the resulting product is divided by 10000 and rounded to the next integervalue.

The QR of all the clients in your waitingqueue is regularily updated and the queue is internally sorted by this QR. The one with the highest QR is the next in line. Small exeptions from this rule are friendslots and lowid-clients.

You can observe all this by closely looking at your own queue and sort by score. Or have a close look at the sourcecode in CUpDownClient::GetScore. It's not that hard to understand.

To sum it up, you have exactly 1 way of direct influence over the queueposition of clients in your queue and that is the uploadfilepriority.
The other way (the individual ul:dl ratio) is a ) indirect, dynamic and slow and b ) only working if you have the creditsystem enabled.

I think, you are now able to answer all your questions regarding the queueposition, by using a calculator and making some simulations all by yourself. :)

This post has been edited by qm2003: 21 August 2005 - 10:32 AM

How to setup Emule. A small checklist | Schmu's MuleDoc
P2P is not piracy, it's marketing.
In fact, if your music or movie is NOT being downloaded, you should be WORRIED !
If you can't even give it away for free, how do you expect to sell it, stupid ?

I'm a bloodsucking fiend. Look at my outfit !

• Member Options

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users