Official eMule-Board: Can I Complete A Never Seen Completed File? - Official eMule-Board

Page 1 of 1

Can I Complete A Never Seen Completed File?

#1 User is offline   headless chicken 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 August 2005 - 05:19 PM

There's a mpg file I have that has never been seen completed, according to emule. The file is 96.1% completed, with three remaining "blocks" to go. However, I have another version of the file with the exact same file size (only with a different ed2k link code) on my download queue that is 83.1%. Ironically, the latter file although less complete, has the missing blocks that the first file requires. Is there any way I can merge the two or extract the missing blocks from the 83.1% file so my other file can be complete??

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   McGiver 

• Con un chicle de fresa y un peine puedo hacer que el emule vuele
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 August 2005 - 05:37 PM

Well, If you have 2 lines of files unloading in your emule, they are in fact (byte by byte) different files. Their hash (comparision) it's not equal, so they can't mix, and emule will not do it for you.

You can, of course, use an specialized software to video editing the two files, but the result wouldn't be nor the first or the second file, it will be your edited file, because the three files wouldn't be equal byte by byte.

But the scope of cut and paste videos or any other use or utility of emule downloaded content isn't the purpose of this forum, so you would hardly get another response, sorry :+1:

Mc :)
McGyver en Euskadi: Cliquea en el link: Impagable :D

#3 User is offline   headless chicken 

• Pip

Posted 18 August 2005 - 06:17 PM

Hmm...

The two files have slightly different names, but under source names I noticed the second file (83%) recognizes the 96% file sources or atleast files with the same exact name as the 96% file, but not vice versa. (Does that make sense?)

So there's no way to tell emule to use the hash of the 83% file to complete the 96% file? :cry2:

If I wanted to just extract the mpg of the 96% file, would it be functional without the missing blocks? Also, how would I go about doing this?

Any answers or help I could get would be very much appreciated. :)

#4 User is offline   Esel4711 

• Platinum eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2005 - 07:48 AM

Reading this may help you...
http://forum.emule-p...3802&hl=morphxt
http://forum.emule-p...4529&hl=morphxt
If justice rules the universe we are all in trouble...

#5 User is offline   Esel4711 

• Platinum eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2005 - 07:51 AM

BTW, did run into a similiar problem some time ago. It turned out that the file that had the missing chunks simply was the original file reshared with the missing chunks filled with zeros :D
If justice rules the universe we are all in trouble...

#6 User is offline   headless chicken 

• Pip

Posted 21 August 2005 - 09:27 AM

Thanks Esel, I'll give that a try.

• Member Options

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users