Official eMule-Board: Adsl2mue - Official eMule-Board

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Adsl2mue Firmware with port forwarding working !!

#21 User is offline   Ahmed_hitec_dsl 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 January 2006 - 11:54 AM

MrFLY, on Jan 7 2006, 11:45 PM, said:

Download at one of this link
RapidShare
Or
From eSnips :) Rate iT TNX
:angry: Sorry at the moment I dont have Emule for sharing this file because i have ever LowId but is only my problem the firmware works very well :angry:
View Post

hi, i have downloaded the firmware 4.17 posted here but i have a question
if i upgrade the first.bin file then restart the modem without upgrading the second.img file, does this harm the modem. thanks in advance

#22 User is offline   MrFLY 

• Pip

Posted 17 January 2006 - 01:46 PM

WARNING!!! you follow the instructions.

You do not have absolutely to restart the modem, but one new shielded appears and it asks you for upgrade the second part of firmware. You follow the instructions step by step

if power led blinking or it is red fixed yours upgrade has then not gone to good aim and you have need to send the modem to the linksys support.

my last experience me standard that software as tftp they do not fix the damage.
HI

#23 User is offline   Ahmed_hitec_dsl 

• Pip

Posted 17 January 2006 - 03:31 PM

MrFLY, on Jan 17 2006, 01:46 PM, said:

WARNING!!! you follow the instructions. 
View Post

i already do this, but the modem is working fine now the noly wrong thing is that i can not upgrade to the new port forwarding firmware.
But one last try, i anyone kindly can get this firmware in a single file instead of this two files one please post it here, i think this will work for me.
hint: you can try the tools menu of the modem, under system commands, here you will find one that saves the current firmware.
thanks in advance.

#24 User is offline   kail7 

• Pip

Posted 15 March 2006 - 08:48 AM

Hello all!
I've a problem with establishing VPN connections (VPN integrated in Win XP). I've this new firmware installed in my ADSL2MUE.
I tried to use DMZ to forward all prots to one ip but it won't work.
Please help me!

#25 User is offline   eightbits 

• Pip

Posted 16 March 2006 - 05:19 PM

kail7, on Mar 15 2006, 10:48 AM, said:

Hello all!
I've a problem with establishing VPN connections (VPN integrated in Win XP). I've this new firmware installed in my ADSL2MUE.
I tried to use DMZ to forward all prots to one ip but it won't work.
Please help me!
View Post

Hey, well no u dont need to do DMZ all u need is to go to ADVANCED then LAN CLIENTS and add ur Computer IP in there then go to PORT FORWARDING and go to VPN and add the prefered protocol :)

#26 User is offline   bruceyuki 

• Pip

Posted 15 April 2006 - 05:50 AM

hi, all.
I tried to update the firmware, but after i upload the first bin file, the system status shows me " unable to write to MTD block device".

Someone help me?

my original firmware version is: 4.17 nz

#27 User is offline   online_star 

• Pip

Posted 30 April 2006 - 11:44 AM

Very useful topic, thanks for all participating people :+1:

I am also from egypt, and have a serious problem with that ADSL2MUE modem.

When connecting to the internet, the modem DSL LINE LED turn OFF for hours to the connection to back again, every day :angry: , i called my ISP (EGYNET) many times and they tell me the connection is OK try to see the problem in your router.

Did any one faced that problem before?

Any Help :confused:

Thanks all.

#28 User is offline   CJL 

• Pip

Posted 12 May 2006 - 03:38 AM

Just to share my experience of connecting my ADSL2MUE modem to my AZTECH NA3000 router.

After configuring modem to Bridge Mode only (VPI=o, VCI=35 in Malaysia, DHCP disabled), connect modem to router. Log into router and key in username, password, DNS and select PPPoE. In my case, it did not connect to the internet yet at this point. Now just switch off the modem for about 10 seconds and switch it back on again. Wait a while and you should be connected to the internet now.

Please let me know if it works with other routers this way. Thanks.

#29 User is offline   punisher168 

• Pip

Posted 13 May 2006 - 11:49 AM

Hi there, I am also having problems updating the firmware as posted by eightbit, well just bought this ADSL2MUE modem, and too bad it doesnt have port forwarding, so was quite frustrated. I was so happy that i found this website and thought my worries were gone, unfortunately when updating the second img file, it shows " unable to write to MTD block device". Similar to the complaint posted by bruceyuki.

my firmware version is 4.22 uk.. reli hope that someone can help me out here, reli hope to enable the port forwarding function in this modem.. thx

sad...

#30 User is offline   eightbits 

• Pip

Posted 02 July 2006 - 07:49 PM

online_star, on Apr 30 2006, 01:44 PM, said:

Very useful topic, thanks for all participating people  :+1:

When connecting to the internet, the modem DSL LINE LED turn OFF for hours to the connection to back again, every day  :angry:  , i called my ISP (EGYNET) many times and they tell me the connection is OK try to see the problem in your router.

Any Help  :confused:

Thanks all.
View Post

Most probably that would be a bad phoneline or maybe ur ADSL Splitter is bad, just keep on harrassing the tech support of EGYNET and tell them that u still have the same problem and u get a "line up and down" problem, thats how it works with technical support in egypt d00d

#31 User is offline   torpon 

• I'm so tired
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 02 July 2006 - 08:26 PM

More than two months from the post you quote. I hope he solved his problem.

Cheers :D

#32 User is offline   eightbits 

• Pip

Posted 06 August 2006 - 09:48 PM

i've just noticed that you have to register to be able to download the firmware, here is the direct link
-->FIRMWARE<--

#33 User is offline   Sorontur 

• Pip

Posted 12 August 2006 - 10:33 AM

View Posteightbits, on Dec 11 2005, 10:52 PM, said:

novabis, on Dec 10 2005, 02:57 AM, said:

Hello all,
i'm happy to find this news. I have the same TWO problems. I have an ADSL2MUE and a WRT54G router.

- 1 -  the modem have synchronization problem, it can be ok 3 hours or 5 min and the rest of the time the light are flicking, trying to synchornize.

- 2 - when the modem was working i put 2 different IP range for the modem and the router, the modem didn't work when it s on the same IP range of the router (like modem 192.168.1.1 and the router 192.168.1.2, that, didn't work) I putted different IP, and internet work, yes but NOT IP FORWARDING, i have TV SATELLITE decoder on my network and they need that the distant internet server connect itself to the decoder threw the ports 24000, 9000 and 21. The configuration on the WRT router make no effect. Nothing work, even something simple as my FTP server.

Do you thing that this firmware will resolve my problem ?

THx all
Novabis

PS : my ISP for my ADSL connection use the same configuration :

Connection Type: PPPoA
Encapsulation: VC
VPI:8
VCI:35
View Post

First to have ur ADSL2MUE to portforward u have to upgrade to the firmware posted the first thing in that topic "SCROLL UP".
after upgrading the firmware i recommend doing the following:

ADSL2MUE
=======

LAN CONFIGURATION
IP = 10.0.0.138
Subnetmask = 255.255.255.0
DHCP off

WRT54G
=====
Change to STATIC MODE
Give it the
IP = 10.0.0.2
and enter the DNS server settings for ur isp

set the WRT54G
internal ip to 192.168.1.1
subnetmask = 255.255.255.0

Now what u have to do is to go to the ADSL2MUE with the UPGRADED FIRMWARE, dont forget to do the firmware upgrade.
go to ADVANCED
LAN CLIENTS
add ip = 10.0.0.2 **which is the WRT54G ip
now go to portforward and go to user to add ur own port forwards
so that the ADSL2MUE u'll forward the configured port to the 10.0.0.2 which we've added to the LAN CLIENTS which is the WRT54G

now we've made the portforward for the ADSL2MUE. you have to go to the WRT54G and go to APPLICATION AND SOFTWARE and do the portforwarding to your COMPUTER

so now we have the ADSL2MUE forward the port from the outsite to the 10.0.0.2 and the WRT54G forward the port to your computers.

this is how it works with me and emule/bitcomet/remote desktop connetion/tightvnc/msn
and i get high ID with emule :D

anyway if u need any detailed help let me know

Upgrading the firmware was no problem, but i have an other problem.

I can not get my ADSL2MUE modem to IP-adres 10.0.0.138 by Lan configuration.
When i click apply, nothing happens and after a while i have to reset the modem :-(
Ohter IP-adresses don't work either.

Can you help me please, i'm so close to a good working configuration.

Thanks !!!

#34 User is offline   Sorontur 

• Pip

Posted 12 August 2006 - 02:29 PM

View PostSorontur, on Aug 12 2006, 12:33 PM, said:

View Posteightbits, on Dec 11 2005, 10:52 PM, said:

novabis, on Dec 10 2005, 02:57 AM, said:

Hello all,
i'm happy to find this news. I have the same TWO problems. I have an ADSL2MUE and a WRT54G router.

- 1 -  the modem have synchronization problem, it can be ok 3 hours or 5 min and the rest of the time the light are flicking, trying to synchornize.

- 2 - when the modem was working i put 2 different IP range for the modem and the router, the modem didn't work when it s on the same IP range of the router (like modem 192.168.1.1 and the router 192.168.1.2, that, didn't work) I putted different IP, and internet work, yes but NOT IP FORWARDING, i have TV SATELLITE decoder on my network and they need that the distant internet server connect itself to the decoder threw the ports 24000, 9000 and 21. The configuration on the WRT router make no effect. Nothing work, even something simple as my FTP server.

Do you thing that this firmware will resolve my problem ?

THx all
Novabis

PS : my ISP for my ADSL connection use the same configuration :

Connection Type: PPPoA
Encapsulation: VC
VPI:8
VCI:35
View Post

First to have ur ADSL2MUE to portforward u have to upgrade to the firmware posted the first thing in that topic "SCROLL UP".
after upgrading the firmware i recommend doing the following:

ADSL2MUE
=======

LAN CONFIGURATION
IP = 10.0.0.138
DHCP off

WRT54G
=====
Change to STATIC MODE
Give it the
IP = 10.0.0.2
and enter the DNS server settings for ur isp

set the WRT54G
internal ip to 192.168.1.1
subnetmask = 255.255.255.0

Now what u have to do is to go to the ADSL2MUE with the UPGRADED FIRMWARE, dont forget to do the firmware upgrade.
go to ADVANCED
LAN CLIENTS
add ip = 10.0.0.2 **which is the WRT54G ip
now go to portforward and go to user to add ur own port forwards
so that the ADSL2MUE u'll forward the configured port to the 10.0.0.2 which we've added to the LAN CLIENTS which is the WRT54G

now we've made the portforward for the ADSL2MUE. you have to go to the WRT54G and go to APPLICATION AND SOFTWARE and do the portforwarding to your COMPUTER

so now we have the ADSL2MUE forward the port from the outsite to the 10.0.0.2 and the WRT54G forward the port to your computers.

this is how it works with me and emule/bitcomet/remote desktop connetion/tightvnc/msn
and i get high ID with emule :D

anyway if u need any detailed help let me know

Upgrading the firmware was no problem, but i have an other problem.

I can not get my ADSL2MUE modem to IP-adres 10.0.0.138 by Lan configuration.
When i click apply, nothing happens and after a while i have to reset the modem :-(
Ohter IP-adresses don't work either.

Can you help me please, i'm so close to a good working configuration.

Thanks !!!

This is what did the trick:

connect ur ADSL2MUE directly to ur computer and set it ip to 10.0.0.138
and make sure that AUTO DHCP is on. After u apply go to ur network connections and choose ur local area network then choose properties then TCP/ip then make sure its OBTAIN IP ADDRESS AUTOMATICALL. now connect ur computer directly to ur WRT54G and make the STATIC ROUTING settings i showed in the forum then connect the WRT54G to the ADSL2MUE
it should work.

Thanks to Eightbits who helped me with this :+1:

#35 User is offline   eightbits 

• Pip

Posted 10 September 2006 - 04:40 PM

d00d i work for Egynet but anyway what u have here is called Line Up/Down and its caused by ya2ema bad splitter or bad line.. do a stand alone test by connecting ur modem to the first point at home without any phonesets connected and if the DSL was stable then its a splitter problem... if not contact the call center and tell them that you have a line UP/DOWN problem :)

View Postonline_star, on Apr 30 2006, 02:44 PM, said:

Very useful topic, thanks for all participating people :+1:

When connecting to the internet, the modem DSL LINE LED turn OFF for hours to the connection to back again, every day :angry: , i called my ISP (EGYNET) many times and they tell me the connection is OK try to see the problem in your router.

Any Help :confused:

Thanks all.

#36 User is offline   yooya 

• Pip

Post icon  Posted 13 November 2006 - 09:22 AM

Hello everybody..

Guys I really need some1 who is patient enough to explain for me STEP BY STEP how to open ports!!!

I've upgraded my firmware with this new one but i just cant get along with the port forward thing.. I'm in Cairo & my ISP is LinkdotNet as well..

I hope am not bothering anybody & I wish I'd find some help...

Thanks alot in advance :angelnot:

Have good day :)

#37 User is offline   Silver Fox 

• Pip

Post icon  Posted 17 January 2007 - 05:14 PM

Hi Eight-bits,
I could not get support from my dealer or Linksys - I bought the LinkSys ADSL2MUE as a modem to allow me to uses PSP file sharing and could not find a way to get passed the NAT or Firewall.

A good friend at www.WinMXWorld.com found the information that you had posted so I downloaded the firmware and installed without a problem.

The new firmware adds access to features that the original GUI and LinkSys firmware never addressed. Thank you so much for posting the info - it has saved me dumping the LinkSys ADSL2MUE!!!

Silver Fox

#38 User is offline   AndyAndreou 

• Pip

Posted 21 January 2007 - 11:45 AM

Still Cant download this from any of the links!!!

Anyone got a new location?

Would appreciate it!

#39 User is offline   absent 

• Pip

Posted 30 April 2007 - 03:52 PM

Here's a 100% effective solution for the ADSL2MUE's port forwarding short coming:

Flash the modem with RouterTech firmware: http://www.routertec...p?p=16210#16210

This will make the modem into a fully configurable router and will add a shed load of extra features to it. It work just fine, I've done it myself.

#40 User is offline   begreat 

• Pip

Posted 15 August 2007 - 12:04 AM

View Postabsent, on Apr 30 2007, 02:52 PM, said:

Here's a 100% effective solution for the ADSL2MUE's port forwarding short coming:

Flash the modem with RouterTech firmware: http://www.routertec...p?p=16210#16210

This will make the modem into a fully configurable router and will add a shed load of extra features to it. It work just fine, I've done it myself.

Can you discribe how you did your upgrade ...

I have an ADSL2MUE Firmware 4.22EU...

i don't know whitch one of the file to use, if psp if the other, and how to do it, please make a small tuturial...

• Member Options

• (3 Pages)
  • +

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users