Official eMule-Board: Adsl2mue - Official eMule-Board

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Adsl2mue Firmware with port forwarding working !!

#1 User is offline   eightbits 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 29 November 2005 - 03:34 AM

I had problems with ADSL2MUE with that firmware it was originally shipped with, infact i wanted to get a refund :argue: for that useless modem. contacting the seller he told me that he had another firmware provided by linksys and it should work fine with all isps and it has some features that i may need. Upgrading my firmware and logging into the router's GUI i was SHOCKED :huh: this interface really differs than original one and guess what it has PORT FORWARDING which solves the main issue of people disliking the ADSL2MUE.

What is Impressing is that it works just fine, :thumbup: maybe i have to reboot the router even a couple of days but thats normal i used to do that with my old speedtouch 510

i GOOGLEd for that that firmware and i couldnt find anything about it and i mean ANYTHING, even linksys.com didnt have any information about that firmware.

so i'm not responsible for anything if something goes wrong, and you should check with ur ISP for that firmware if it would work probably or not.

anyway if someone is interested to try it you'll have to contact your isp and check if that firmware would work properly with ur ADSL connection or not..(i'm not responsible for anything). i'll provide information below about my connection and my home network incase it would help determinig if the firmware will work with your connection or not, knowing that i've tried it with other ISPs here "EGYPT" and it worked fine.

Connection Type: PPPoA
Encapsulation: VC
VPI:8
VPI:35
MTU:1500

the firmware also has other connection types other than PPPoA, it has PPPoE, Static, DHCP, Bridge, CLIP

the menus are:
Home
Setup
LAN Setup, LAN Configuration, WAN Setup, New Connection, Modem, Log Out
Advanced Controls
UPnP, SNTP, SNMP, IP QoS, Port Forwarding, IP Filters, LAN Clients, LAN Isolation, Bridge Filters, Multicast, Static Routing, Dynamic Routing, Access Control, Log Out
Tools
System Commands(SAVE ALL, Reboot router, Restore Defaults), Remote Log, User Management, Update Gateway, Ping Test, Modem Test, Log Out
Status
Network Statistics, Connection Status, DHCP Clients, Modem Status, Product Information, System Log, Log Out

Here are some images for you guys to believe that this thing works with the ADSL2MUE modem
Product Info
Port Forward
Connection Status

anyway if u want to update ur firmware and try the one i'm talking about here is where you can download it from
------>Firmware<------
WARNING
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE
MAKE SURE THAT YOU READ THE INSTALLATION GUIDE BEFORE INSTALLING
MAKE SURE THAT YOU UPGRADE .BIN first, then .IMG

Notice: for steps adding port forwarding you must first go to Lan Clients and add an ip then go to portfowarding where u choose the connection and ip. you can aslo add ur own ports in User field.

for more Screen Shots/Firmware
:love:

#2 User is offline   cucala 

• Pip

Posted 01 December 2005 - 02:00 AM

hello eightbits

thank you very much for this helpful information which i really in need.
i want to add some information i found

as you see from the following link ftp://ftp.linksys.co...gemodesetup.doc
this is 2.17-AUS firmware it is an official firmware but beta one so i think it will not harm the hardware but we need a backup in all cases

also
as you see from this post you see that this modem has port forwarding capability but it is not accessable from web interface but from linux http://www.linksysin...ghlight=exxos77

and here are some questions i need an answer for

does you have the original firmware which is 4.12-EU in case we need to go back?

the very weired thing is that the pics you give us show that the router has an ip 10.0.0.138 where the doc and all linksys products has ip 192.168.1.1 do you have a solution for this?

also i have this modem for 1.5 months till now and never need a reset,can you tell me how frequently you need a reset before this firmware and after it?

#3 User is offline   eightbits 

• Pip

Posted 01 December 2005 - 10:50 PM

No i didnt backup the original firmware which came with the router. Concerning the reset no i didnt reset the router its only REBOOTING it,and i'm doings its JUST ME, you know when your computer is running WINXP and it stays up for days it gets slow right ? so when i'm rebooting my computer every a couple of days i shutdown the router for a minute and i turn it on back again just to make the router cools down, so its not the router being instable or making errors or anything its just me. besides that i've had that firmware for almost a month and the router is working fine really.

Talking about the Firmware u've pasted the the url about how to make a bridge connection using the ADSL2MUE i can see that the url has 2.18AU but opening the document and going to Page 5 - Figure 4 can see a screenshot and in the status information u'll find Software Version 2.17-TI and thats the same software version i'm having and the document having a link for downloading that firmware but it didnt work with me :/ did it work with any of u guys?

Having the router's ip change to 10.0.0.138 that due to that i have an Access Point on my network with ip 192.168.1.1 and i cant have both the router's IP and the accesspoint's ip to the be same, that will be an ip conflict so i had to change either the router's ip or the accesspoint ip, so i changed the router's ip :D

I had a test just confim that the router is working fine.
now the router is up for 14 hours and the network status
Transmit
Tx PDUs 1602946
Tx Total Bytes 335951720
Tx Total Error Counts 0

Receive
Rx PDUs 1455816
Rx Total Bytes 827784483
Rx Total Error Counts 1807

meaning that the router sent 320 MBytes of data
and received 790 MBytes of data

now i'm running DAP with 2 downloads and i'm having 55KB/s download knowing that i'm on 512kbps connections
so simply the router is FINE. i'll keep the router running for a couple of days and i'll let you know the status and download rate.

#4 User is offline   cucala 

• Pip

Posted 02 December 2005 - 09:48 PM

thanks eightbits for explanation i thought that rebooting is a firmware problem, another thing i want to know what ISPs you tried this with ( i also live in Egypt)

you talked about an access point, is it a wireless router, if so as i read from other forums you don't need a firmware upgrade just use the modem in bridge mode and let the router do the port forwarding

also i has a misunderstanding about the ip, i changed the ip of the router and it is still working!!, i access the web interface by the new ip and use the old one 192.168.1.1 as the default gateway does the router has two ip addresses one changeable and the other
static for the gateway if you can explain this to me i will be thankful since i didn't get that point

#5 User is offline   eightbits 

• Pip

Posted 03 December 2005 - 04:26 PM

cucala, on Dec 2 2005, 11:48 PM, said:

thanks eightbits for explanation i thought that rebooting is a firmware problem, another thing i want to know what ISPs you tried this with ( i also live in Egypt)

you talked about an access point, is it a wireless router, if so as i read from other forums you don't need a firmware upgrade just use the modem in bridge mode and let the router do the port forwarding

also i has a misunderstanding about the ip, i changed the ip of the router and it is still working!!, i access the web interface by the new ip and use the old one 192.168.1.1 as the default gateway does the router has two ip addresses one changeable and the other 
static for the gateway if you can explain this to me i will be thankful since i didn't get that point
View Post

i've tried that modem with EGynet (which is my isp) and linkDOTnet.. it works fine with both and about changing the modem/router mode into bridged mode and having my accesspoint authenticate, you can do that if u have a PPPoE connection since the wireless access point can authenticate over PPPoE. The thing is that in Egypt the DSL mode is PPPoA not PPPoE so u have to make the modem authenticate :)

Well i couldnt understand what you've said about changing the IP of the router !!

please explain in Details

#6 User is offline   cucala 

• Pip

Posted 03 December 2005 - 09:11 PM

hello eightbits,
i upgraded the firmware today and it works fine (with TEData) thanks very much for your help,

with respect to the ip address i thought that the ip address of the router (192.168.1.1) is static one so i didn't know how you change it, so i logged to the router and changed the ip and found that this is possible but the weired thing is the internet still work without changing the default gateway of the lan card to the new ip address (i don't use the DHCP server) and that is what i don't understand

anyway you gave us some very valueable thing we thought we will never get around it
so thank you very much dear

#7 User is offline   eightbits 

• Pip

Posted 04 December 2005 - 01:40 PM

You are most welcome and let me know if u need anything, talking about changing the routers ip thats a strange shit, which lan groups configuration did u change ? you should change the Lan Group where ur Ethernet port is in! you should go to Setup...Lan Configuration then choose the lan group u want to change its settings and click Configure

Use the following Static IP address
IP Address: <------- thats where u should add the desired router IP
Netmask:
Default Gateway:
Host Name:
Domain:

anyway let me know law u need anything :)

#8 User is offline   cucala 

• Pip

Posted 04 December 2005 - 09:11 PM

sorry i made a big mistake by thinking that the router has two ip addresses, it is just a changeable one, sorry for wasting time it is just something i missed in the configuration

thank you so much

#9 User is offline   novabis 

• Pip

Posted 10 December 2005 - 12:57 AM

Hello all,
i'm happy to find this news. I have the same TWO problems. I have an ADSL2MUE and a WRT54G router.

- 1 - the modem have synchronization problem, it can be ok 3 hours or 5 min and the rest of the time the light are flicking, trying to synchornize.

- 2 - when the modem was working i put 2 different IP range for the modem and the router, the modem didn't work when it s on the same IP range of the router (like modem 192.168.1.1 and the router 192.168.1.2, that, didn't work) I putted different IP, and internet work, yes but NOT IP FORWARDING, i have TV SATELLITE decoder on my network and they need that the distant internet server connect itself to the decoder threw the ports 24000, 9000 and 21. The configuration on the WRT router make no effect. Nothing work, even something simple as my FTP server.

Do you thing that this firmware will resolve my problem ?

THx all
Novabis

PS : my ISP for my ADSL connection use the same configuration :

VCI:35

This post has been edited by novabis: 10 December 2005 - 01:02 AM

#10 User is offline   Firebabe 

• Pip

Posted 10 December 2005 - 04:48 PM

I have a D-Link 524 wireless router,does that mean I have to reboot it everry once in a while? <_<

novabis, on Dec 10 2005, 12:57 AM, said:

Hello all,
i'm happy to find this news. I have the same TWO problems. I have an ADSL2MUE and a WRT54G router.

- 1 -  the modem have synchronization problem, it can be ok 3 hours or 5 min and the rest of the time the light are flicking, trying to synchornize.

- 2 - when the modem was working i put 2 different IP range for the modem and the router, the modem didn't work when it s on the same IP range of the router (like modem 192.168.1.1 and the router 192.168.1.2, that, didn't work) I putted different IP, and internet work, yes but NOT IP FORWARDING, i have TV SATELLITE decoder on my network and they need that the distant internet server connect itself to the decoder threw the ports 24000, 9000 and 21. The configuration on the WRT router make no effect. Nothing work, even something simple as my FTP server.

THx all
Novabis

View Post

#11 User is offline   eightbits 

• Pip

Posted 11 December 2005 - 08:52 PM

novabis, on Dec 10 2005, 02:57 AM, said:

Hello all,

- 1 -  the modem have synchronization problem, it can be ok 3 hours or 5 min and the rest of the time the light are flicking, trying to synchornize.

THx all
Novabis

View Post

First to have ur ADSL2MUE to portforward u have to upgrade to the firmware posted the first thing in that topic "SCROLL UP".
after upgrading the firmware i recommend doing the following:

ADSL2MUE
=======

LAN CONFIGURATION
IP = 10.0.0.138
Subnetmask = 255.255.255.0
DHCP off

WRT54G
=====
Change to STATIC MODE
Give it the
IP = 10.0.0.2
and enter the DNS server settings for ur isp

set the WRT54G
internal ip to 192.168.1.1
subnetmask = 255.255.255.0

Now what u have to do is to go to the ADSL2MUE with the UPGRADED FIRMWARE, dont forget to do the firmware upgrade.
go to ADVANCED
LAN CLIENTS
add ip = 10.0.0.2 **which is the WRT54G ip
now go to portforward and go to user to add ur own port forwards
so that the ADSL2MUE u'll forward the configured port to the 10.0.0.2 which we've added to the LAN CLIENTS which is the WRT54G

now we've made the portforward for the ADSL2MUE. you have to go to the WRT54G and go to APPLICATION AND SOFTWARE and do the portforwarding to your COMPUTER

so now we have the ADSL2MUE forward the port from the outsite to the 10.0.0.2 and the WRT54G forward the port to your computers.

this is how it works with me and emule/bitcomet/remote desktop connetion/tightvnc/msn
and i get high ID with emule :D

anyway if u need any detailed help let me know

#12 User is offline   eightbits 

• Pip

Posted 11 December 2005 - 08:54 PM

Firebabe, on Dec 10 2005, 06:48 PM, said:

I have a D-Link 524 wireless router,does that mean I have to reboot it everry once in a while? <_<

novabis, on Dec 10 2005, 12:57 AM, said:

Hello all,

THx all
Novabis

View Post

View Post

Firebabe i didnt really get what u're problem was so please explain more so that i can help :)

#13 User is offline   novabis 

• Pip

Posted 12 December 2005 - 09:48 PM

Dear eightbits,

i've applied step by step each of your explanation to my configuration.
Modem ADSL2MUE upgraded, configured in bridge mode, PPPoE dialing and port forwarding on my WRT54G router and you know what it's work GREAT ;-)

All tv decoder receive server signal and d/l the decrypting code from the server threw the specific ports.

After 15 hours of configuration i was really happy of my job and many thx to you.

BUT ... :-S

It was the beautiful world only 3 hours, when i came back at home my friend call me again to tell me ... that the ADSL modem loose the synch signal again. And he told me that i spent enought my time on it and went to buy an US Robotics MAXg ADSL2+ Gateway Model 9108.

I was sade that the firmeware upgrade and the configuration hold the line only 3 hours :-(

But your experience have made us beleive 3 hours that every thing was fine, again thx

Best regards

Burak

PS : my friend is gonna give me the modem and the router, maybe we can together examine deeper the configuration ?

#14 User is offline   eightbits 

• Pip

Posted 13 December 2005 - 03:50 AM

novabis, on Dec 12 2005, 11:48 PM, said:

Dear eightbits,

i've applied step by step each of your explanation to my configuration.
Modem ADSL2MUE upgraded, configured in bridge mode, PPPoE dialing and port forwarding on my WRT54G router and you know what it's work GREAT ;-)

All tv decoder receive server signal and d/l the decrypting code from the server threw the specific ports.

After 15 hours of configuration i was really happy of my job and many thx to you.

BUT ... :-S

It was the beautiful world only 3 hours, when i came back at home my friend call me again to tell me ... that the ADSL modem loose the synch signal again. And he told me that i spent enought my time on it and went to buy an US Robotics MAXg ADSL2+ Gateway Model 9108.

I was sade that the firmeware upgrade and the configuration hold the line only 3 hours :-(

But your experience have made us beleive 3 hours that every thing was fine, again thx

Best regards

Burak

PS : my friend is gonna give me the modem and the router, maybe we can together examine deeper the configuration ?
View Post

what happened after 3 hours ?
and that firmware is a beta anyway but it works fine with me and with others too.. maybe it was some error or something and u had to just restart the router not to buy another one !
you know something
maybe u didnt SAVE the configuration on teh ADSL2MUE
you should go to TOOLS then System Commands then SAVE ALL so that when u restart the router it wont lose the information u've changed :D

anyway let me know what happened after the 3 hours.

#15 User is offline   mkalioby 

• Pip

Post icon  Posted 27 December 2005 - 12:22 PM

:clap: I have Port Forwarding at last, I don't belive this. The firmwire is great and it worked for me immediately without any problem. I'm using LinkDotNet in Egypt and I've the LinkSys WRT54G behind the the router and all is working fine till now after an hour thank you for this firmwire alot :+1:

#16 User is offline   MrFLY 

• Pip

Posted 06 January 2006 - 01:44 AM

HI! Hello 8BITS.
First that the modem LinkSys ADSL2MUE has not never given problems to me using it in bridge mode with router the WRT54GS on a connexion in modality PPOE.
From little time I have changed provider.
The New one provider supplies logon in modality PPOA.
The router it does not allow authentication in ppoa but only in ppoe with modem in modality bridge.
I have attended much time the new one to firmware, and thanks to you have come some to acquaintance.
I have broken 2 modems before succeeding to make the modernization just.
Your signalling has been optimal, firmware fastly has been settled and the endured modem has been working.
After to have carried out the modernization I have tried you vary setting but nothing after approximately 30 tests I have always LOWID with emule.

MY HARDWARE IS FOLLOWING:
Modem ADSL2MUE with excellent firmware from marked you.
IP of the modem is 192,168,1,1
Router Wrt54GS to firmware Original by linksys v4.70.6
IP of Router 192.168.2.1.
Emule Extreme
Logon PPoA
vci 8
vpi 35
MTU 1500.
I have tried to follow your instructions but today I have always lowid.
You could create a tutorial on like to set the two perifereals equipped from screenshot from you?
THANKS

I stay tuned
Bye
MrFLY

#17 User is offline   paul_xedos 

• Pip

Posted 07 January 2006 - 09:28 PM

The link to obtain the firmware requies registration and the registration process seems to fail. Is there anywhere esle where the software can be downloaded

Thanks
Paul

#18 User is offline   MrFLY 

• Pip

Posted 07 January 2006 - 11:45 PM

paul_xedos, on Jan 7 2006, 10:28 PM, said:

The link to obtain the firmware requies registration and the registration process seems to fail. Is there anywhere esle where the software can be downloaded

Thanks
Paul
View Post

Download at one of this link

RapidShare

Or

From eSnips :) Rate iT TNX

:angry: Sorry at the moment I dont have Emule for sharing this file because i have ever LowId but is only my problem the firmware works very well :angry:

#19 User is offline   eightbits 

• Pip

Posted 13 January 2006 - 04:23 AM

MrFLY, on Jan 6 2006, 03:44 AM, said:

HI!  Hello 8BITS.
First that the modem LinkSys ADSL2MUE has not never given problems to me using it in bridge mode with router the WRT54GS on a connexion in modality PPOE. 
From little time I have changed provider. 
The New one provider supplies logon in modality PPOA. 
The router it does not allow authentication in ppoa but only in ppoe with modem in modality bridge. 
I have attended much time the new one to firmware, and thanks to you have come some to acquaintance. 
I have broken 2 modems before succeeding to make the modernization just. 
Your signalling has been optimal, firmware fastly has been settled and the endured modem has been working. 
After to have carried out the modernization I have tried you vary setting but nothing after approximately 30 tests I have always LOWID with emule. 

MY HARDWARE IS FOLLOWING: 
Modem ADSL2MUE with excellent firmware from marked you. 
IP of the modem is 192,168,1,1
Router Wrt54GS to firmware Original by linksys v4.70.6
IP of Router 192.168.2.1. 
Emule Extreme
Logon PPoA
vci 8
vpi 35
MTU 1500. 
I have tried to follow your instructions but today I have always lowid. 
You could create a tutorial on like to set the two perifereals equipped from screenshot from you?
THANKS

I stay tuned
Bye
MrFLY
View Post

i recommend having these settings for not having any ip conflict, i've checked some websites and i found that the WRT54Gs almost has the same GUI as the WRT54G so if i were right you can have the same settings i posted earlier... anyway here are the settings again

ADSL2MUE
=======

go to LAN CONFIGURATION
then choose CONFIGURE

IP = 10.0.0.138
DHCP off

WRT54Gs
=====
at main page
use STATIC MODE
Give it the
IP = 10.0.0.2
and enter the DNS server settings for ur isp

set the WRT54Gs
internal ip to 192.168.1.1
subnetmask = 255.255.255.0

check that link it helps you on how to configure ur WRT54Gs for portforwarding for emule

link

Now what u have to do is to go to the ADSL2MUE with the UPGRADED FIRMWARE,
go to ADVANCED
LAN CLIENTS
add ip = 10.0.0.2 **which is the WRT54Gs internet ip
now go to portforward and go to user to add ur own port forwards
so that the ADSL2MUE u'll forward the configured port to the 10.0.0.2 which we've added to the LAN CLIENTS which is the WRT54G

i've emails the owner of www.portforward.com so that he would add a tutorial on how to configure portforwarding for the ADSL2MUE so check it out, there tutorial should be there in a week or something

#20 User is offline   MrFLY 

• Pip

Posted 17 January 2006 - 02:33 AM

Tanks 8bits ... this configuration works very well.

MUCH well i have enabled the dmz on the modem.

Hi

• Member Options

• (3 Pages)
  • +

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users