Official eMule-Board: Watch Out, 4 Fake Razorback Servers - Official eMule-Board

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Watch Out, 4 Fake Razorback Servers read this for more info ;)

#41 User is offline   Shaba 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 August 2005 - 08:32 AM

@lugnudunummaster: I'm very sorry if I had spread false info :( I read from Bluetack about those french servers and there was some false info about them. And US servers are blacklisted in methlabs. Methlabs of course can be wrong, too.

#42 User is offline   lugdunummaster 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member_D

Posted 17 August 2005 - 08:50 AM

There is, though, a blocked range (64.151.64.0 - 64.151.127.255) in the P2P filter list from here: http://lists.blocklist.org/p2p.p2b.gz
Am I getting a wrong IPFilter list?

This range is a range from ServePath, LLC, that can host all sort of things, exactly like other ranges. That range might have been used by antip2p activists, but for sure ByteDevils is a real server.

Is that why the downloaded .gz server list from gruk contains so many servers less than those on the web page ? (the safest selection only?) Why does the number of users differ so much? (about half the users are on bad servers?)

The web page use the same server list. Thats just a php script that parses this server.met file. But as the content of the file change every 5 minutes, you might have downloaded a different version.

#43 User is offline   Tahattmeruh2 

• The One And Only
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2005 - 10:32 AM

Do you now a good p2p filter list?

#44 User is offline   Devil Doll 

• feature request writer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2005 - 05:24 PM

Tahattmeruh2, on Aug 17 2005, 11:32 AM, said:

Do you now a good p2p filter list?
Define "good". According to my personal definition of the term there can't ever be any such good filter.

#45 User is offline   tigerb 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2005 - 05:38 PM

What would happen to eMule if I got connected to fake servers before (when first starting to use eMule) but now only connect to 3 good/real serves from Europe and since deleted all those fake servers? :(

Thanks.
I'm eMuling, are you eMuling?

#46 User is offline   xylo9 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2005 - 05:47 PM

tigerb, on Aug 17 2005, 06:38 PM, said:

What would happen to eMule if I got connected to fake servers before (when first starting to use eMule) but now only connect to 3 good/real serves from Europe and since deleted all those fake servers? :(

Thanks.
View Post

:D Nothing would happen to *eMule*... but something may happen to YOU. :devil:
No, just kidding, don't worry about it.

#47 User is offline   tigerb 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2005 - 06:28 PM

Thanks xylo9 :+1:

:clap:
I'm eMuling, are you eMuling?

#48 User is offline   MasterJunior 

• no more then I have to, if that. EndGame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2005 - 07:52 PM

I just saw this right now n I was like hmmm Razor back 2.4, wonder whats new, was pretty happy 2 but now :\

Why doesnt eMule come with an "offical" list of server and be set to only connect to those servers so we dont screwed like this???

Grrrrrr, now I gotta figure out how to ban all these servers or something.

EDIT: Also, I didnt know the sonny servers were fakes...

EDIT: Can I add all those IPs somehow in Options->Security->Edit???

Or can some1 tell me how to block them ;), thanks

This post has been edited by MasterJunior: 17 August 2005 - 07:58 PM

I'm wasted away, i make a million mistakes, theres a storm in my head, it rains on my bed, when your not here, im not afraid of dyin, but i am afraid of loosing you, maybe im addicted, im outta control, but your the drug that keeps me from dyin, maybe im a liar, but all i really kno, is your the only reason im tryin, when your lying next to me, your love is flowing through to me oh its beautiful, everythings clear to me, untill i hit reality and then i loose it all...... I love you eMule!!!

Bored??? Release your inner mule and get involved with your favorite file sharing program, EMULE!!!!!! Check out my feature request.
Modifications!!!....................Speed Up eMule!!! Partly Done
On Queue 2........................Individual Max Sources/File Partly Done
Advanced Sorting.................Slot for Small Files
Easy Switching.Partly Done....Advanced Priority System
To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe

#49 User is offline   niclights 

• lost in space
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2005 - 08:23 PM

Simple. Just remove most of the servers from your list. Keep a few and make sure they are listed in the link provided by Lugdunummaster. Deselect all the auto-update options and set 'remove dead servers...' to 10.

As I have said before, there is little to be gained by having loads of servers, especially if you connect to Kad too.

#50 User is offline   MasterJunior 

• no more then I have to, if that. EndGame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2005 - 09:16 PM

Can I just remove them all except the 2 Razorback servers and Donkeyserver01 and 2??

Im asking because I dont know if this will make my searches return fewer results??? OR I dont have have the servers added to find files in them?
I'm wasted away, i make a million mistakes, theres a storm in my head, it rains on my bed, when your not here, im not afraid of dyin, but i am afraid of loosing you, maybe im addicted, im outta control, but your the drug that keeps me from dyin, maybe im a liar, but all i really kno, is your the only reason im tryin, when your lying next to me, your love is flowing through to me oh its beautiful, everythings clear to me, untill i hit reality and then i loose it all...... I love you eMule!!!

Bored??? Release your inner mule and get involved with your favorite file sharing program, EMULE!!!!!! Check out my feature request.
Modifications!!!....................Speed Up eMule!!! Partly Done
On Queue 2........................Individual Max Sources/File Partly Done
Advanced Sorting.................Slot for Small Files
Easy Switching.Partly Done....Advanced Priority System
To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe

#51 User is offline   bounty vb 

• Lord of Noobs
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2005 - 09:21 PM

i did this...

i deleted all servers in my list, turned off all auto update options in options-->server.

then i went here...
http://www.gruk.org/list.php

and added these servers in my serverlist. (press "add to emule" :xknip: )
(and when i had these servers in my list, i put a few servers in my static serverlist.)

now i only have "good" servers :)

This post has been edited by bounty vb: 17 August 2005 - 09:22 PM

Heeeerrrre's Bounty

#52 User is offline   niclights 

• lost in space
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2005 - 09:50 PM

You can reduce your serverlist down to just RB2 and DS 1,2 & 3 or similar. I do exactly that and have no problems with search results/transfers.

For a while I tried just having RB2, but this is a problem if RB2 becomes unavailable for some reason and the machine is left unattended. That is why I added the DS servers.

Don't worry too much about the availability of files found through searches (at least as an experienced user). When transferring you will get sources not only from all the servers, but directly from other sources (ie. source exchange), passively and of course from Kad if connected.

/Edit: typo

This post has been edited by niclights: 17 August 2005 - 09:51 PM

#53 User is offline   assassin_49 

• PipPip

Posted 18 August 2005 - 04:27 PM

xylo9, on Aug 16 2005, 05:42 PM, said:

You are implying that there are 3 types of source exchange:
1) Client to client
2) Client to server
3) Server to server

I think only the 1st type exists (but I'm not a dev).

Well, it seems 1) & 2) are existing. See below, after the determination of high/low id the client is giving the list of all shared/loading files to the server which it is connected to. You have told yourself that emule is asking periodically all servers in the list for sources (that would include faked ones, if still present in the list). Just 3) is questionable and it seems ai have been wrong in that point (luckily). I thought that by connecting to a very little server (with not so many files) there have to be a server-2-server exchange to ensure that all those connected cients get atleast some sources from those big servers (with many files available)... but that is done by the clients. They ask periodically connected other clients for their sources and do spread that sources to others, too.

- Periodically, emule will contact all the servers in your server list to ask for new sources, telling them which files you are currently downloading.
- When you do a "global" mode search within emule, you send to all the servers in your server list, the list of words you are searching (which may or may not mean anything, depending on the words you choose).

Taken from the onboard docs - network guide section:
'If the search is a global search (searches all the servers within the network), it will take longer but have more results. Each server looks up the keyword in its local database and returns any file names (with the hash value) that matches the keyword.'
View Post

With KAD it seems to equally, but slightly different when we get to the point of lists of shared (and loading) files.
Quoting from the same source as above (docs/netguide):
'Each client in the Kademlia network works as a server for certain keywords or sources. The clients hash determines the specific keywords or sources.'

It is defined as a node and partial-source lists are exchanged between clients in both directions. So it seems we have no problems with servers in here, but clients running by anti-p2p companies. If they are able to spread manipulated data, they can also log the sources for such a file ... but there are some problems I better let out (they need an illegal file or something that seems to be such and if that 'distribution' kind is legal would be another question etc.).

Ok, thats all for the moment - but I encourage development of smart features like the proposed ban of servers (or an editable bad-list), I2P porting and usage of encrypted data transfer and requests (ok, if you do the I2P, the encryption is more or less obsolete).

Cheers, aS!

#54 User is offline   xylo9 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 August 2005 - 10:57 PM

My list of 1) 2) 3) refer to "source exchange" written in bold (which you also quoted). This is when one of your sources tell you of all the other sources it knows for that file. Source exchange only occurs in case 1, AFAIK.
When you connect to a server and tell it what file you are sharing, that is not called source exchange. (but I did mention that exchange of info).

This post has been edited by xylo9: 18 August 2005 - 10:58 PM

#55 User is offline   AVIV 

• One of them crazy Hackers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2005 - 02:24 AM

So all SonnyBoys are actually fake too!
The Minister of the special thug forces and weapons of mass destruction in the mighty
T.W.O

#56 User is offline   bounty vb 

• Lord of Noobs
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2005 - 09:45 AM

AVIV, on Aug 19 2005, 03:24 AM, said:

So all SonnyBoys are actually fake too!
View Post

yup :)

and the(7?) robert's donkey party servers too :bounce:

This post has been edited by bounty vb: 19 August 2005 - 09:45 AM

Heeeerrrre's Bounty

#57 User is offline   leexgx 

• UK MAD FOR LESS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2005 - 10:22 PM

i just thought of an not so good thing that the fake servers allso do

Low ID users who connect to them will not be contacable coes the server will not pass the LOW ID connect along

as i am seeing that there could pos be lots of users that are low ID are connected to them servers

if thay are usen KAD then i think it be ok but not sure if emule uses the buddy probly for LOW id users (or if it does when its connected to an server ?)

if this is happering then Low ID user are going to be an little more limited some times

This post has been edited by leexgx: 19 August 2005 - 10:55 PM

in and around

#58 User is offline   ShawnD 

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 August 2005 - 04:25 AM

Why not just stay away from American servers? It seems like a really simple fix to this whole situation.

#59 User is offline   fractal.design 

• '///.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 August 2005 - 04:35 AM

European laws may change soon. Then MediaSentry type "clones" will launch there also...

And I am sure there are some legit american servers, its not a totally fucked country... yet :-k
A better informed userbase means more speed for everyone.
HeavyMetal Helmet Warrior for the T.W.O.

user posted image user posted image

#60 User is offline   ShawnD 

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 August 2005 - 04:51 AM

fractal.design, on Aug 21 2005, 04:35 AM, said:

And I am sure there are some legit american servers, its not a totally fucked country... yet :-k
View Post

I'm sure it's a pleasant country and all, but the fact still remains that every single fake server is an American server. Rather than getting complicated with trying to figure out which servers are legit and how to find good servers, why not just stay away from American servers? After getting a good server list from razorback, there are only about 3 American servers in my list out of 60 servers total. It seems ed2k doesn't rely too heavily on American support.

• Member Options

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users