Official eMule-Board: Watch Out, 4 Fake Razorback Servers - Official eMule-Board

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Watch Out, 4 Fake Razorback Servers read this for more info ;)

#21 User is offline   Andu 

• Morph Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 August 2005 - 11:22 PM

qm2003, on Aug 9 2005, 07:34 PM, said:

lugdunummaster is the admin of Razorback, has remote access to some of the other big servers AND is the developer of the ed2k-serversoftware.

Who else can you trust on serverissues, if not him ?
View Post

While he is an admin of Razorback he is not the owner of that server. Or maybe I should say servers since there are 2 Razorback servers nowadays. But you have a point. If you cannot trust lugdunummaster regarding the servers you cannot trust anyone.
Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Dark Lord of the Forum

Morph your Mule

Need a little help with your MorphXT? Click here

#22 User is offline   Zune 

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 August 2005 - 11:29 PM

Since all these fake-servers belong to the same IP-range, you may want to add the following line to your IPFilter.dat until Bluetack has investigated the range and updated their database accordingly:

064.034.160.000 - 064.034.191.255 , 000 , ServerBeach PEER1 Fakeservers

Zune

#23 User is offline   kozara 

• Pip

Posted 14 August 2005 - 03:39 PM

I also notice several of the Byte Devils are in the 64.34.16?.* range, similar to Razorback 2.2 etc. & the Sonny Boy servers. They're not listed at http://www.gruk.org/list.php so I assume they're likely fake too.

I have Razorback 2.0, DonkeyServer No1,2,3,5,6 and some others listed at the gruk site added to Static Server List. (Hopefully most of those are actually static.) Then I checked "Autoconnect to servers in static list only." in Servers Prefs.

I want to be able to search the numerous users on the fake servers, because often one of them has a rare file. If I don't connect directly to the fake servers, how sufficient is that in protection?

#24 User is offline   niclights 

• lost in space
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 August 2005 - 04:47 PM

Really the only problem is by directly connecting to the fake servers searches might be blocked/wrong. So, just having one in your list but not connecting to it should be fine. But it is worth considering that the rare file that shows up on the 'fake' servers may well be fake itself and just give you bad sources.

#25 User is offline   kozara 

• Pip

Posted 15 August 2005 - 12:57 AM

Thanks. And mostly I search for really rare, odd stuff, and I've gotten parts of such files successfully off of clients on the fake servers, like Sonny Boy and Roberts Donkey Party IV. I do use Ipfilter though because sometimes when I requested a popular file I was getting corrupt parts.

This post has been edited by kozara: 15 August 2005 - 12:58 AM

#26 User is offline   jestheonlyone 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 August 2005 - 09:51 AM

hi

And mostly I search for really rare, odd stuff, and I've gotten parts of such files successfully off of clients on the fake servers, like Sonny Boy and Roberts Donkey Party IV

i don't know how you can find rare, odd stuf on these servers.

with the server method, if you search for e, you got 300 large movies, with high availability and almost all 100% complete. If you search for joe or jack or even for sex, you got nothing...

these servers are totally useless, and if ever you download one of their files, your ip is probably logged.
my latest favorite jamendo album (Creative Commons license): CraZyH et Djézinho - Prémis N'1
Could be considered as the male counterpart to zap mama. It's really worth a try, even if you hate hip-hop...
Jamendo tags = beatbox electro ethnique experimental hiphop lounge percussions ragga rap reggae scat soft triphop world

--------------------------------------------------------

Pris pour des vaches à lait par les industries du disque... Maintenant boycottons-les!!!

#27 User is offline   assassin_49 

• PipPip

Posted 15 August 2005 - 01:31 PM

@ALL:

Hi,

just to mention it, because people are so sure by connecting only to one not faked server or by connecting only via KAD they are more safe as the rest.

Have you allready known, that there exists some unique features in eMule called source exchange (active and passive) 1) between servers and 2) between clients.

So, if you only connect e.g to real Razorback, the faked ones will get information about your shared files in time via that source exchange, too.
So it seems it doesn't matter to which server you are connected or even though if you are only using KAD...

I have asked around on several boards now, how KAD is working in such a case exactly and if the whole f*cking shared-files-list is being spread to anyone, but got not so many helpful answers yet. I am especially interested to read a comment by some known eMule coders who should really know how KAD is working...
The answers I got so far are pointing out that KAD gives out only the information about a file which all connected users are sharing. That means if you have file XYZ and are connected via KAD to other users and they are loading that same file, they get you as source and are spreading you as source to their other KAD-contacts. Only problem ist, that I don't know for sure what will happen, when those other KAD contacts are additionally connected with a server ?
Does KAD inform those servers in such a case, too about the files and sources or not? Some have stated that this is so (even though no complete file lists are spread)...

Please correct me if you know better and ask around yourself a bit... I can't await to get some answers by experienced coders and or users herein.

Cheers, aS!

#28 User is offline   Devil Doll 

• feature request writer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 August 2005 - 10:45 PM

assassin_49, on Aug 15 2005, 02:31 PM, said:

Only problem ist, that I don't know for sure what will happen, when those other KAD contacts are additionally connected with a server ?
Probably the same as they'd do if they weren't connected to Kad at all. An ed2k client cannot reasonably transfer information about other clients to a server because the server shouldn't be interested in such information (which need not be reliable). I don't think the protocol between ed2k client and eserver would reasonably support such "rumors". Then again, I'm not a coder...

#29 User is offline   jestheonlyone 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2005 - 09:23 AM

AFAIK the servers are not involved in any way in source exchange, so they only know the files of the clients who are directly connected to them.

but, of course, you can always download a file shared by fake clients connected to a fake server, even if you're only connected to kad.
my latest favorite jamendo album (Creative Commons license): CraZyH et Djézinho - Prémis N'1
Could be considered as the male counterpart to zap mama. It's really worth a try, even if you hate hip-hop...
Jamendo tags = beatbox electro ethnique experimental hiphop lounge percussions ragga rap reggae scat soft triphop world

--------------------------------------------------------

Pris pour des vaches à lait par les industries du disque... Maintenant boycottons-les!!!

#30 User is offline   xylo9 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2005 - 05:42 PM

@assassin :

You are implying that there are 3 types of source exchange:
1) Client to client
2) Client to server
3) Server to server

I think only the 1st type exists (but I'm not a dev).

Additionally, when connected to a server:

- You tell the server you're connected to, which files you are sharing (downloading and complete).
- Periodically, emule will contact all the servers in your server list to ask for new sources, telling them which files you are currently downloading.
- When you do a "global" mode search within emule, you send to all the servers in your server list, the list of words you are searching (which may or may not mean anything, depending on the words you choose).
- When you actually double click a file in the search results to download it, I don't know what emule does (which server is asked for the file's source? Perhaps the first one which gave a positive result, or possibly all servers which reported having a user who has this file). In any case, when you double-click a file there, you're also telling at least one server (possibly not the one you're connected to) that you are now starting to download this file.

I think this about covers all the cases where emule tells servers about the files you are sharing. But perhaps I forgot something.

In summary, one way to limit exposure to servers is to leave only 1 server in your server list (that would probably be lugdunum's server, Razorback 2), and configure emule NOT to update the server list in any way. The price to pay for this will be slightly limited search possibilities. (Of course, Razorback will be overloaded if the whole emule community does this :D).

This post has been edited by xylo9: 16 August 2005 - 06:04 PM

#31 User is offline   leexgx 

• UK MAD FOR LESS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2005 - 05:50 PM

yep tht just about covers it

intresting the servers are reporting out of the 29 fake servers in that net block

6 mill high ID and 2 mill Low ID
be intresting if thats true as that means there is 10 mill ed2k clients (6 mill of them are connected to fake servers)
but once removed there is an more likey user base of 4.4 mill

lucky for us we have XS (source eXtange) and KAD

This post has been edited by leexgx: 16 August 2005 - 05:54 PM

in and around

#32 User is offline   assassin_49 

• PipPip

Posted 16 August 2005 - 05:56 PM

jestheonlyone, on Aug 16 2005, 09:23 AM, said:

AFAIK the servers are not involved in any way in source exchange, so they only know the files of the clients who are directly connected to them.

but, of course, you can always download a file shared by fake clients connected to a fake server, even if you're only connected to kad.
View Post

Well, and how is it then, that you get sources of clients who are connected with other servers (and without KAD)? If you may want to choose a file which is loading and double click on it you see the origin of your sources (server, KAD, SLS=save/load-src, passive or XS=source exchange between clients), hmm. I have tried the onboard documentation, but I am stuck in here, coz I don´t know exactly if that kind of crap happens or not. I can just hope that it isn`t the case.
Otherwise, cheerio emule and hello whatever software is using I2P or encrypted data transfer & source requests (decentralized, offcoz). Hmm, MUTE, WASTE and others are going in that direction... so we need only time.

Humm still no aswere by a KAD or protocol coder, damn. I just wanna know...

Ciao, aS!

#33 User is offline   xylo9 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2005 - 05:58 PM

leexgx, on Aug 16 2005, 06:50 PM, said:

yep tht just about covers it

Thanks for the confirmation. :)

intresting the servers are reporting out of the 29 fake servers in that net block

6 mill high ID and 2 mill Low ID
be intresting if thats true as that means there is 10 mill ed2k clients (6 mill of them are connected to fake servers)
but once removed there is an more likey user base of 4.4 mill
View Post

Hmm... 4.4 million is a lot. I have about 3.1-3.5 million users.

#34 User is offline   leexgx 

• UK MAD FOR LESS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2005 - 06:02 PM

i just wiped out my server list now its at 2.8 mill now probly goto 3 mill ish (in 30 mins or so all the clients would of reconnected back to me so there server will be re-added)

(i been editing my post an bit :) )

the upto date IPfilter (the one from mods forum) does not bloack all of the fake servers (RA ones)

This post has been edited by leexgx: 16 August 2005 - 06:07 PM

in and around

#35 User is offline   xylo9 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2005 - 06:14 PM

I just deleted and updated mine from the gruk.org site. I have only 27 servers responding (32 originally downloaded), and 1.9 million users. I think the gruk server list had around 50-something servers a few days ago. Someone has been cleaning it up. We'll see tonight if the 1.9m goes up.

What's strange is that the stats on gruk.org's site http://www.gruk.org/list.php say there are 59 servers and 3.36m users right now - don't know which list is more up to date, the site or the list downloaded from http://www.gruk.org/server.met.gz directly into emule.

This post has been edited by xylo9: 16 August 2005 - 06:24 PM

#36 User is offline   FAQ 

• Member Goofy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Banned

Posted 16 August 2005 - 07:35 PM

I would like a feature to ban a server just as easy as adding them to the static list i.e. right click and "Add To Banned Server List". :+1:

#37 User is offline   fractal.design 

• '///.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2005 - 12:47 AM

FAQ: :+1: definetly.
A better informed userbase means more speed for everyone.
HeavyMetal Helmet Warrior for the T.W.O.

user posted image user posted image

#38 User is offline   Shaba 

• PipPip

Posted 17 August 2005 - 06:12 AM

IHMO, there are several fakes in gruk.org:s serverlist:

These from France (accept 0 shared files):

Rackbox2: 213.251.161.69
OverDonkey: 213.251.161.166
eD2k infinity: 213.251.161.152

And these from USA:

Byte Devils:64.151.74.116
>>>WWW.SEXESEXOSEX.COM***:66.135.34.198
www.zoosexserver.com:66.135.33.36 (ports 846 and 953)
!!!www.SEXTEENSERVER.COM:66.135.32.97
eD2kb.linuxlabs.com:38.116.37.103
SEXE SERVER:66.135.32.97

Of course there can be more.

More info->here

#39 User is offline   lugdunummaster 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member_D

Posted 17 August 2005 - 07:41 AM

@Shaba

Who are you exactly to spread false informations ?

Byte Devils:64.151.74.116 is a true server, just coming to life.

213.251.161.69 (rackbox2) seems normal too (no filters, and accept files)

OverDonkey: 213.251.161.166 : true server too
eD2k infinity: 213.251.161.152 : true serve too

Servers that are not at the last level (17.6) are suspects, but not allways fakes. Servers admins have the right to take vacations too.

Servers that have a low ratio files/users are suspect, and http://www.gruk.org/list.php spot them with a red color in the 'Moy' column.

#40 User is offline   xylo9 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2005 - 08:17 AM

Good morning lug,

lugdunummaster, on Aug 17 2005, 08:41 AM, said:

Byte Devils:64.151.74.116 is a true server, just coming to life.

There is, though, a blocked range (64.151.64.0 - 64.151.127.255) in the P2P filter list from here: http://lists.blocklist.org/p2p.p2b.gz
Am I getting a wrong IPFilter list?

Servers that have a low ratio files/users are suspect, and http://www.gruk.org/list.php spot them with a red color in the 'Moy' column.
View Post

Is that why the downloaded .gz server list from gruk contains so many servers less than those on the web page ? (the safest selection only?) Why does the number of users differ so much? (about half the users are on bad servers?)

This post has been edited by xylo9: 17 August 2005 - 08:18 AM

• Member Options

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users