Question About Old Film Older than 70 yeras

#1 User is offline   Firnus 

• Fedora user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 June 2005 - 11:42 PM

Hello,

I had a question about Old film.
For example, in archive.org you can found Nosferatu by Murnau (a great film !!!)
then it's OK for contents.emule-project.

BUT
Did another files for this film is OK too ?
A DVDRip for example ?

And for another film older than 70 years (ORPHANS OF THE STORM of Griffith for example) in TVRip or DVDRip.

Thank you

PS: I don't understand the Releases To Bump topic: can you explain a little ?
Vous souhaitez être aider pour un problème sur eMule ?
Parce que nous ne sommes pas devin: /!\ A Lire Avant De Poster /!\
Parce que certains ont bossé pour proposer des 'tutoriels' le plus clair possible: TADELU
Parce que VOUS êtes intelligent > High ID: comprendre les tutos pour mieux les appliquer

TRFM >> Des infos sur les Mods

> Le libre à Lille - -

If you are in english section: sorry for my bad english .... I 'll do my best .... ;)

#2 User is offline   birk 

• Room To Let
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 June 2005 - 12:12 PM

Hi :)

You can release anything in the content DB which follows one of two points:
1. You hold the copyright for the submission yourself and want it to be spread freely.
2. You are submitting something which the copyright holder have allowed to be spread freely on the internet.

A little rule is that if you can buy it somewhere you most likely not allowed to submit it. :)

The bump thread isn't really important. Before it could take some time for release to be veryfied but not it doesn't. :)

#3 User is offline   Firnus 

• Fedora user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 June 2005 - 12:16 PM

birk, on Jun 22 2005, 12:12 PM, said:

2. You are submitting something which the copyright holder have allowed to be spread freely on the internet.
Yes OK, but for example.

This film: http://www.archive.o...tails/nosferatu was on public domain.

But i don't found if it's the film or the copy of the film , i can spread freely.

I know i can spread freely on eMule the file found at archive.org for example.
But what for another copy of the same film ?

I know i can't know if a film is on public domain because i'm not a lawyer

Copyrights are more complex; generally, they expire in all countries (except Colombia, Guatemala, Mexico, and Samoa) when all of the following conditions are satisfied:

* The work was created and first published before January 1, 1923, or at least 95 years before January 1 of the current year, whichever is later.
    * The last surviving author died at least 70 years before January 1 of the current year.
    * No Berne Convention signatory has passed a perpetual copyright on the work.
    * Neither the United States nor the European Union has passed a copyright term extension since these conditions were last updated. (This must be a condition because the exact numbers in the other conditions depend on the state of the law at any given moment.)
:shock: :cry2: :unsure:

for:

A little rule is that if you can buy it somewhere you most likely not allowed to submit it

it's not sure:
see http://www.filmarchi...aq.shtml#rights

What rights come with my footage?
All footage is copyright cleared, either because it is in the Public Domain or because the copyright owners whose libraries we represent have licensed it to us. Music, trademarks, logos, talent, and other underlying rights are subject to additional fees which must be negotiated on a case-by-case basis. (Also see: Client agreement).
top of page
but i don't understand english so good to know what it's say exactly

:flowers:

Bye

This post has been edited by Firnus: 23 June 2005 - 12:17 PM

Parce que certains ont bossé pour proposer des 'tutoriels' le plus clair possible: TADELU
Parce que VOUS êtes intelligent > High ID: comprendre les tutos pour mieux les appliquer

> Le libre à Lille - -

If you are in english section: sorry for my bad english .... I 'll do my best .... ;)

#4 User is offline   birk 

• Room To Let
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:20 AM

It can be really difficult to understand such things and I'm not really sure I understand it completely. Just remember that because someone or some site has gotten the rights to pass on a movie doesn't nessacarily mean that you are allowed too. Is there any titles you are thinking about especially? :)

#5 User is offline   Firnus 

• Fedora user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 June 2005 - 08:47 AM

birk, on Jun 26 2005, 09:20 AM, said:

Is there any titles you are thinking about especially? :)
This one: Nosferatu by Murnau

The HTTP link : http://www.archive.o...tails/nosferatu

I think is very very difficult to understand Law when we are not a lawyer ... :cry2: :cry:

> Le libre à Lille - -

#6 User is offline   birk 

• Room To Let
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 June 2005 - 09:09 AM

So you want to download that version and release it by eMule? If that is the case I think that would be alright. :)

#7 User is offline   Firnus 

• Fedora user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 June 2005 - 10:20 AM

birk, on Jun 27 2005, 09:09 AM, said:

So you want to download that version and release it by eMule? If that is the case I think that would be alright. :)
View Post
It's not excatly ythat, i want to promote another copy of this film : a restored copy in colour but it's a DVD rip ....

Bye

(the VCD copy is already on eMule)

This post has been edited by Firnus: 27 June 2005 - 10:20 AM

> Le libre à Lille - -

#8 User is offline   birk 

• Room To Let
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 June 2005 - 12:50 PM

Then you are most likely not allowed to release it I am afraid. Someone has restored it and put in on DVD probably for sale. Sorry. :)

• Member Options

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users