Official eMule-Board: On Emule Crash - Official eMule-Board

• (5 Pages)
  • +

On Emule Crash Create dump to help us debugging...

#41 User is offline   PacoBell 

• Professional Lurker ¬_¬ (so kyoot!)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 30 September 2006 - 08:21 AM

View Postlynxfeet, on Sep 29 2006, 09:54 PM, said:

my emule 0.47c keep on reporting problem like this
This thread is for the official eMule client, not any of the mods. Please take your issues to the appropriate developer.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes
Math is delicious!
MmMm! Mauna Loa Milk Chocolate Toffee Macadamias are little drops of Heaven ^_^
Si vis pacem, para bellum DIE SPAMMERS DIE!

#42 User is offline   osx-vip 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 October 2006 - 11:21 AM

View PostOrnis+, on Jul 16 2005, 01:03 PM, said:

If your eMule crashes, a dump can be created, that could help us locate the problem.

To enable the dump creation, insert when eMule is not running in the config\preferences.ini the line:

CreateCrashDump=1

...within the Section [eMule].

When eMule crashes and a dump can be created, you will be promped and informed where to send it.
Have in mind, that only dumps from the current version of the official eMuleversion can be used.

And please, do not just send the dump, but also provide information about the system and the circumstances of the crash.
Without these information, the dump might be less helpful.

Thanks

Beside me such problem!

#43 User is offline   lordpake 

• Hiding in the wall
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2006 - 11:24 AM

osx-vip? what is the point of your entire post? Except to get a chance to spam the URl in your sig?
#eMule-Finland @ irc.mindforge.org ~ both English and Finnish will do ^^

My system specs are --> here <-- | Netizen's guide to Flame Warriors | Spyware problems? Try LandzDown Forum

#44 User is offline   PacoBell 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 October 2006 - 02:46 AM

That member has been dealt with in the appropriate fashion.
Math is delicious!

#45 User is offline   The Lightning Stalker 

• Pip

Post icon  Posted 03 October 2006 - 04:23 AM

DBGHELP.DLL found is too old. Please upgrade to a newer version of DBGHELP.DLL. 

If you get the above error, download the latest version of User Mode Process Dumper from Microsoft.com. That will update DBGHELP.DLL to the latest version.

Cheers,
The Lightning Stalker

#46 User is offline   AndyZ 

• PipPip

Posted 16 January 2007 - 10:00 AM

Shit. .47c
two months of crashing... never happened before. :furious:
sympthoms: 2 or 3 emule errorboxes, windows error, Nx-bit leak of memory message.
Usualy happens when using GUI (searching, using IRC, browsing filelist etc.) Sometimes, I think, it is more stable with KAD logged out...

Now, seems that started when my shared files list got larger than 3500 files...
Just shortened it to 2900, waiting for further crashes...

This post has been edited by AndyZ: 16 January 2007 - 10:05 AM

#47 User is offline   AndyZ 

• PipPip

Posted 16 January 2007 - 10:01 AM

&$*&$*#$%^#^%^%# doesn't help... Now it crashed without NX-bit message...

Could an error in hash bases be a cause of crashes?
What files in /config do I need to delete without loss of my client-hash? (don't want to loose all my upload ratings)

AppName: emule.exe AppVer: 0.47.2.66 ModName: emule.exe
ModVer: 0.47.2.66 Offset: 0025cb6f

Code:0xc0000090 Flags:0x0
Record:0x0 Address:0x000000000065cb6f

this time this message appeared 4 times in a row... now (when I have shortened sharelist) there's no NX-bit memory leak message

sht! MorphXT v9.3 crashes the same way :ranting:

Seems, It could download with 16kB for a week, but when I try to check a queue, or chat an IRC, everything is over :cry2:

P.S.
Win_XP_SP2/DualCore Intel Conroe/965 chipset, 4x SATA AHCI HDD, 1 IDE (JMicron controller, if drivers are the cause of problem)
Sunbelt Kerio personal Firewall 4.3.268 (Yes, it's GUI is buggy, but the service is fine, "I think so")

This post has been edited by AndyZ: 16 January 2007 - 12:09 PM

#48 User is offline   leuk_he 

• MorphXT team.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 January 2007 - 12:27 PM

View PostAndyZ, on Jan 16 2007, 11:01 AM, said:

sht! MorphXT v9.3 crashes the same way :ranting:

I might be able to help you pinpoint it if you create a morph chrash dump (set createchrashdump=1 in the preference.ini, in morph that setting is available in the bottom of the extended settings as well) if you manage to produce one (or more,,, they are overwritten!) mail it to leukhe at gmail d0t com.

This post has been edited by leuk_he: 19 February 2007 - 09:26 PM

Download the MorphXT emule mod here: eMule Morph mod

Trouble connecting to a server? Use kad and /or refresh your server list
Strange search results? Check for fake servers! Or download morph, enable obfuscated server required, and far less fake server seen.

Looking for morphXT translators. If you want to translate the morph strings please come here (you only need to be able to write, no coding required. ) Covered now: cn,pt(br),it,es_t,fr.,pl Update needed:de,nl
-Morph FAQ [English wiki]--Het grote emule topic deel 13 [Nederlands]
if you want to send a message i will tell you to open op a topic in the forum. Other forum lurkers might be helped as well.

#49 User is offline   AndyZ 

• PipPip

Posted 16 January 2007 - 07:04 PM

hmmm.... can't understand, in what section exactly do I need to add this switch? (also couldn't find in GUI config)... just added first in the general section and configuration went down... had to reonfigure emule again.
Where dump will fall after crash? in /emule, /config or /download (temp) dir ?

(I'm not a programmer but use VC++8 for basic scripting. dont' understand it's debugger or asm. here what it says when I agree to "debug": "Unhandled exception at 0x0045afe9 in eMule.exe: 0xC0000090: Floating-point invalid operation." if it can give any information %( )

This post has been edited by AndyZ: 16 January 2007 - 07:15 PM

#50 User is offline   AndyZ 

• PipPip

Posted 18 January 2007 - 12:39 AM

still don't have an answer, how to make dump (is there some mistake in config file switch?), your FAQ page currently is offline :-(
I've tried to delete all hash bases and it seems emule has stopped crashing. Considering long time of collecting, there could be more than 9000 files (active 3000) for about 1.3 TB (active ~500GB)... maybe that was a problem. Now I'm waiting for emule to finish hashing all files :-(

This post has been edited by AndyZ: 18 January 2007 - 12:46 AM

#51 User is offline   PacoBell 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 January 2007 - 01:16 AM

View PostAndyZ, on Jan 17 2007, 04:39 PM, said:

still don't have an answer, how to make dump (is there some mistake in config file switch?)
Isn't that what the first post of this thread was specifically for? :huh:
Math is delicious!

#52 User is offline   AndyZ 

• PipPip

Posted 18 January 2007 - 07:57 AM

Ah sorry, just forgot the beginning. rarely visit this thread :-( In addition, I thought there's something special on MORPH mod.
read Jan 16 2007, 03:27 PM
"a morph chrash dump (set createchashdump=1 in the preference.ini"
actually no effect... may be createhashdump or createcrashdump... :-)
In any case the problem was in giant hash bases, some memory leakage.

update:
AArrrrgh :furious:
After it hashed about 3000 files and got new known clients (from donkeyserver2) it crashad again... I need to turn on dump option again and wait...
Also sometimes I see "18.01.2007 22:16:27: Hashing of new files completed. 18.01.2007 22:16:27: Failed to save AICH Hashset!"
NTFS volume, security mode is on. (I've tried without security mode - nothing changed)

This post has been edited by AndyZ: 18 January 2007 - 07:22 PM

#53 User is offline   AndyZ 

• PipPip

Posted 26 January 2007 - 11:33 PM

Sorry, I can't give you any dumps since the problem has disappeared with general cleaning of databases... they were really large, I think. A year of constantly changing file content with many peers. If something is need to be fixed in future releases, I think, that is database part.

This post has been edited by AndyZ: 26 January 2007 - 11:37 PM

#54 User is offline   Megan_Princess 

• Pip

Post icon  Posted 18 March 2007 - 01:55 PM

I CAN'T UNINSTALL EMULE!!! EMULE HAS SPYWARE,ADWARE,AND VIRUSES!! I HATE EMULE! It Slows My PC. NO MORE EMULE!

This post has been edited by Megan_Princess: 18 March 2007 - 01:56 PM

#55 User is offline   torpon 

• I'm so tired
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 March 2007 - 03:43 PM

Offiicial eMule, that you can download from this site clicking on downloads, hasen't adaware, spyware nor visruses, and do not need be uninstalled, the only entry in windows register is for eD2K links.

Cheers

#56 User is offline   jackliusr 

• Pip

Posted 31 August 2007 - 03:41 AM

View Postjuan_nospam, on Jul 9 2006, 04:35 AM, said:

I'm suffering crashes to the point of emule being unusable.

I've enabled CreateCrashDump=1 in the [eMule] section but it ain't asking me to send the report so here i am.

System:
Emule 0.47a
Windows XP SP2 Up to date with Windows Update
Clean system: AVG + Antivir + Adware + Spybot (Only AVG resident, others on demand)
Pentium D 2.4 GHZ
1 GB RAM

Problem:
Emule worked fine por several weeks, never bothered me. But now it is very "touchy" (lack of a better word...) it starts ok, it connects to ed2k and Kad (High id in both).

The problem is that I can't minimize it or send it to systray, because whenever I try to check up on it again it will probably crash ("probably" being about 80% of the times, it seems to be random).

The problem began a couple days ago, and it keeps getting worse. I haven't done anything special with either my system or emule configuration. The only thing was that I updated my graphic drivers (Nvidia) to the latest version (forceware 91.31) and it installed the Nvidia control panel (running by default always).

Any help? (Nevermind my english)

[UPDATE]

I'm playing with it, downgraded to emule 0.46c and the problem persisted. Disabled the Nvidia Display Driver Service to no avail. Now i've disabled Kad and the problem seems to be solved.

I have the same problem which I can't minimize it or send it to systray. After I read your post, A new idea appeared in my mind. Emule worked fine before I had adjust the screen resolution of my computer. so I just re-adjusted my screen resolution back to original setting, emule works again. Hope this work for you.

#57 User is offline   Britneysilence 

• Pip

Posted 07 December 2007 - 11:16 AM

Reply to above

Drivers for ATI and Nvidia are often HORRIBLY buggy. Some of the releases are a complete disgrace frankly in terms of how many computers they will not work on. Try not to change them unless you are having definite problems with your display drivers.

Removing the drivers has to be done thoroughly (not just with add / remove programmes function) and there are are plenty of sites out there which will have details on how to do this. I have not tried it but there is also a roll back drivers function via My Computer - right click - properties.

Some people find only one set of drivers in 3 or 4 so work for them so check out the forums to see which seems to be the most stable release.

Uninstall and reinstall of Emule seemed to fix my problems which were freeze related, but I also increased the amount of memory available to the programme.

#58 User is offline   Fabiana 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 December 2007 - 11:14 PM

My system is really low spec and I know I don't have much (if at all) useful information, but I'd just like to bring this issue to attention, in hope for a professional advice on how to properly capture useful debugging information.

Windows98SE on Soyo 6VBA 133 (VIA Apollo Pro133), Pentium II @400MHz, 256MB PC133 SDRAM, MSI GeForce4 Ti4200 (MSI official driver 45.32), D-Link DFE-530TX+ PCI NIC (100Mbit).

eMule settings: v0.48a (built May13,2007), Hard limit: 400, Max.connections: 100, no logging to disk. Any other required information, please ask.

Problem is, most of the times eMule crashes on exit with a BSOD. Haven't written down the error message, as it would be too vague anyway "crash in VxD at address xxxxxxx".

I always disconnect from server before shutting down (I use both eD2k and Kad). I have also tried to use Nopey to flush the HDD cache, thinking this may help, but to no avail.

The only thing that helped a few times, was using Sysinternals' TCP View to batch close the open connections (as many as possible at a given time, considering new connections were subsequently opening).

So - to my limited knowledge - it appears as though eMule is trying to exit without first forcibly closing any open connections that it initiated (or maybe there are just too many open connections for it to handle) and this leads to the crash.

Please look into this issue and advise as appropriate. Thank you!

#59 User is offline   lahs0n 

• Pip

Posted 11 March 2008 - 03:22 AM

Not sure exactly where to post this.

I see some posting Morph dumps on the official page where others state to take mods to their respective homes.

I use NexteMF, discovered on emule-mods.de where I have gotten my Xtreme mod for longer than I can remember. NexteMF typically has a lighter footprint on my system and seems to net better results when searching and downloading. All without being a leech.

I recently locked my machine with a password and enabled the guest account so that others exiting my screensaver (or powering on) wouldn't be free to change or delete anything in my absence. Only today do I point to the tray icon of my instance of eMule to see it disappear. When I restart the client, the usual connection process takes place in the background while alerting me that "Obviously eMule has crashed, we see a .dmp file in your program folder! Send this to the author at once".. So I am trying to do the right thing here because I love the program. After completing this post, I will promptly gander for options at the NexteMF site, though this data may be of significance to the users here.

I'll try resetting the user configuration in Windows as it were to see if any crashes occur afterward. If no change, I'll probably start meddling in the mod pool again (with a baseline client set up as the control--they're all on my secondary drive anyway since no reg ;-)

I have updated my sig to reflect the specifics of my client and platform.

Thanks fellas.
eMule 0.48a-NexteMF 1.1
Windows XP Pro SP2+ nLite mod, self-authored (13 processes, 96MiB memory footprint)
AMD Athlon XP 1800+ (1533MHz) on a Biostar M7NCD Pro (nForce2 Ultra 400)
512MiB OCZ PC2100 DDR dual channel, 2-3-2-6
80GB Hitachi Deskstar 7200rpm 2MiB/IDE-0
120GB WD Caviar 7200rpm 8MiB/IDE-1

#60 User is offline   lee198218 

• Pip

Posted 24 June 2008 - 07:36 AM

http://www.mediafire.com/?i2dsn2jxjxe
http://www.mediafire.com/?jnt4tyn1xmn
http://www.mediafire.com/?weyyjmojfju
http://mihd.net/rzef46x
http://www.u-file.net/f-pxu8267