• (2 Pages)
  • +

Personal Fake List Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Link64 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 January 2005 - 04:46 PM

The idea is to filter the results in the eMule-search.

When you search for a File, you get many results. Some of them are fakes or dead files. But, alas, you don't know it before you start downloading the file. When you verified a file es useless for you, you could add its hash to this list and next time you search for it, emule will filter them out. More or less like with known files, which you have downloaded.

Example: Now let's say you find 3 different files. After starting downloading them you find out, that two of them are fakes and the other one has bad picture quality. So you may download the file with bad quality (just for to see the hole thing) and a few weeks later you search again for a file with that name, in hope to find a better one. But then you'll get more results and you don't know which of them were the fakes.

Here could be this "Personal fake list" useful in which the file-hashes would be saved. This should be done into a different file than known.met to kepp the compability to older versions granted.

We have talked about it also in the German Forum.
So poste ich richtig! (besonders Punkt 2 beachten)
Für alle, die was heruntergeladen haben und nicht wissen was sie damit anfangen sollen: endun.gen.

BOINC ...and you can always say you're working on a science project.

#2 User is offline   kahn 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 January 2005 - 04:31 PM

i think that would be an awesome feature! *bump* :)

#3 User is offline   InUtero 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 January 2005 - 06:31 AM

good enough

#4 User is offline   blutfaust 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2005 - 04:23 PM

I think this could be a useful feature.
user posted image
"Was ist das?" - "Blaues Licht!" - "Und was macht es?" - "Es leuchtet blau"

Minister für Alkoholvernichtung in Die Universelle Weltordnung. Prost!

Schreiben Sie es auf, ich beschäftige mich später damit!

#5 User is offline   floffm 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 February 2005 - 04:51 PM

Year, this would be a very nice feature ! ! !

#6 User is offline   MasterJunior 

• no more then I have to, if that. EndGame
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 February 2005 - 06:16 PM

Im all for it :+1:

I asked for it b4, but mine had pretty colors and stuff :P

Like my idea was when you right click the file you could slect 1, fake = (whatever color). 2, Best (that youve found so far) = (whatever color) ect ect.. The colors could be user defined

An easier way to do this would be from the transfer windows, when there downloading and you preview it you could right click the file and there would be a menu with subwhatever and you pick fake,good,bad, whatever. There could also be 1 that you select so that the file wont show anymore but theres gotta be a way to undo it incase you mess up, i mean who wants to see a fake file again even if you marked it already?

This will be a nice features Devs, many will love it :flowers:
I'm wasted away, i make a million mistakes, theres a storm in my head, it rains on my bed, when your not here, im not afraid of dyin, but i am afraid of loosing you, maybe im addicted, im outta control, but your the drug that keeps me from dyin, maybe im a liar, but all i really kno, is your the only reason im tryin, when your lying next to me, your love is flowing through to me oh its beautiful, everythings clear to me, untill i hit reality and then i loose it all...... I love you eMule!!!

Bored??? Release your inner mule and get involved with your favorite file sharing program, EMULE!!!!!! Check out my feature request.
Modifications!!!....................Speed Up eMule!!! Partly Done
On Queue 2........................Individual Max Sources/File Partly Done
Advanced Sorting.................Slot for Small Files
Easy Switching.Partly Done....Advanced Priority System
To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe

#7 User is offline   nubnubnub 

• Pip
  • Group: Validating

Posted 08 February 2005 - 08:39 AM

Very cool idea!!!

#8 User is offline   Archmage 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2005 - 12:20 PM

Hey, am I'm the only one that sees in the search window what files he has already downloaded and what not? Who wants to download something twice?

#9 User is offline   MasterJunior 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2005 - 06:08 PM

??? When you do a search files you already have appear green, but if you delete the file it wont have any color, so this is why we want this ;
I'm wasted away, i make a million mistakes, theres a storm in my head, it rains on my bed, when your not here, im not afraid of dyin, but i am afraid of loosing you, maybe im addicted, im outta control, but your the drug that keeps me from dyin, maybe im a liar, but all i really kno, is your the only reason im tryin, when your lying next to me, your love is flowing through to me oh its beautiful, everythings clear to me, untill i hit reality and then i loose it all...... I love you eMule!!!

Bored??? Release your inner mule and get involved with your favorite file sharing program, EMULE!!!!!! Check out my feature request.
To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe

#10 User is offline   Archmage 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2005 - 07:44 PM

MasterJunior, on Feb 8 2005, 08:08 PM, said:

??? When you do a search files you already have appear green, but if you delete the file it wont have any color, so this is why we want this ;
View Post

Can someone confirm this? I still see the files in green, even after I delete the file.

#11 User is offline   MasterJunior 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2005 - 09:10 PM

How did you delete the file, if you go find it in the folder and delete and it still shows in your shared folder because you havent reloaded my thoughts are it will still show green.

#12 User is offline   Archmage 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2005 - 11:43 PM

MasterJunior, on Feb 8 2005, 11:10 PM, said:

How did you delete the file, if you go find it in the folder and delete and it still shows in your shared folder because you havent reloaded my thoughts are it will still show green.
View Post

I look at files that I have downloaded last November. I delete them in January, hit reload and later I close eMule, restart my PC and restart eMule.

When I now search for the files I still see them as green.

To explain this - all your files that you did download are in the known.met. As long as you don't delete this file, ever file that you did download will show in green, if you search for it.

This post has been edited by Archmage: 08 February 2005 - 11:44 PM

#13 User is offline   Link64 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2005 - 06:43 AM

The idea ist to see also files (or really not to see), which you have deleted before downloading the hole file. These files are not saved in the known.met.
So poste ich richtig! (besonders Punkt 2 beachten)
Für alle, die was heruntergeladen haben und nicht wissen was sie damit anfangen sollen: endun.gen.

BOINC ...and you can always say you're working on a science project.

#14 User is offline   lmicra 

• PipPip

Posted 09 February 2005 - 09:07 AM

This topic was already briefly discussed here.

#15 User is offline   MasterJunior 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2005 - 03:10 AM

Archmage your right, after deleting a file and going back its still green ;)

#16 User is offline   leexgx 

• UK MAD FOR LESS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2005 - 04:17 AM

ok thats cool (allways wundered why some of my searchs was green :) )
in and around

#17 User is offline   MasterJunior 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 February 2005 - 12:25 AM

What I dont get it why do they still show up there as green? What if it was a fake?? You wouldnt be able to tell if that file was a fake or not, I mean when I download something and cant tell which is which, I download them all, lol. All being the 1s with the most sources and then I find whats different about each and find out why they are different sizes, which works, which doesnt, ect ect... Now when I go back how do I know which was the 1 I deemed the best??? I cant.....

#18 User is offline   Archmage 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 February 2005 - 02:38 AM

Well, there is no reason to download something twice, isn't it? :P

#19 User is offline   MasterJunior 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 February 2005 - 04:44 AM

of course there is, what if you run out of space and have to delete something but want it later?? you gotta download it again :P im sure people have other reasons. thats not really the point though, its to make sure you dont download the same thing that is a fake

#20 User is offline   James R. Bath 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 February 2005 - 04:45 AM

I think this is getting off track from the original idea, which I like. Namely, to automate the fake reporting so that it gets stored and people don't just delete it and leave it for others without the benefit of their acquired knowledge that it is fake. Look at the way Shareaza operates when you delete a file. It automatically asks you to rate it and submits that rating to a fake server.

This post has been edited by James R. Bath: 11 February 2005 - 04:45 AM

Currently recommending and using: eMule beba 2.63
For slot control only, currently recommending: Tombstone Xtended 1.0 (or higher) if you absolutely must have slot control

Posted Image

Where there is a mule there is fuel. Where there is a stool sits a fool. - Winston Churchill

• Member Options

• (2 Pages)
  • +

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users