Official eMule-Board: Credit System, Score, Rewarding - Realy? - Official eMule-Board

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Credit System, Score, Rewarding - Realy? is it just for fun or it realy function?

#1 User is offline   Omnislash 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 September 2004 - 10:12 AM

may be it's realy some sort of a bug this upload issue because I can't help thinking this credit system and big words about rewarding those who gave to the network are useless and never realy operated. or is it that I'm low id? in that case this network realy is just piece of junk!

I'm trying to download four files with hundreds of sources for three or four days. with my connection I set highest possible limits and connetion count emule know and let it do it's job.. download was sooo slooow (about 0-4KB/s) and even upload was this scary.. but what was my surprise when I woke up today and saw that average upload is ~800KB/s (yes, 6.4Mb/s) and my outgoing traffic for that night was 12GB just with emule. nevermind that.. but then I see my download - just #$%#$ 30KB/s with some 900MB emule ingoing traffic for that night.. is it some kind of joke? or is it that great reward system you're all talking about? or may be is it just because I was "marked" low-id for not having public IP(being behind NAT) absolutely ignoring the fact of how much I'm contributing to the network?

in that case how this network differentiate from another leeching networks such as kazaa, dc, etc.. ? what are all those setting and ratings for if they have no effect at all?

#2 User is offline   slowsilver 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2004 - 10:49 AM

Have patience. Read docs. Especially on low ID.
Some files are rare because nobody wants them.

eMule has enough anti-corruption measures.
-- SF, Oct 30 2005, 07:08 PM

#3 User is offline   bata22 

• PipPip

Posted 26 September 2004 - 11:55 AM

you should really look at getting that low id fixed as slowsilver sujested (this should be the main reason why you arn't getting anything downloaded). also 4 files on emule isn't a lot even with so many sources. so long as your modem/router can support lots of connections i reconmend downloading more files. also emule does start of slow it normally picks up after about 1-3hours after initially connecting.

#4 User is offline   JayC30 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2004 - 12:02 PM

Credits affect your queue place only and not your actual speed, this means you downloads may start quicker with a particular client if you have uploaded to them. They are not global.

Download speed is entirely reliant on the upload speed of the source your settings for downloads have little to do with it.
Notice to newbies:
1. Read this: eMule manual and Forum Rules
2. Then read this: Read before posting and do what it says.
3. Then check here Quick help
4. Then ask.

Click on the underlined.
----------------------------
Minister of Semantics, Useless Waffle & Pusskits - In Birks' NWO
---------------------------
Taken from SF's rules, with permission, "If it started in a thread, it should end in the same thread." Therefore don't PM me about a comment I have made in a thread, I am not interested and will put you in my blocked list.

#5 User is offline   Omnislash 

• Pip

Posted 26 September 2004 - 12:05 PM

what do you mean with low id fixed? as far as I know low id means that you have not public IP(or have restrictive firewall settings) so you can not connect to all but just to those who have public IP. and I AM behind NAT so I have no public IP just IP of my gateway. then I think it's right to have low id.. what I think is not right is that just because I'm low id I'm getting worse positions in queue - as it's not so hard to see that majority of those sources is not low id.
I'm routed through linux server with 100Mbps connectivity with no restrictions - I'm just behind NAT

#6 User is offline   Omnislash 

• Pip

Posted 26 September 2004 - 12:09 PM

JayC29, on Sep 26 2004, 12:02 PM, said:

Credits affect your queue place only and not your actual speed, this means you downloads may start quicker with a particular client if you have uploaded to them. They are not global.
View Post

I was uploading to 100+ users at once and with very high speeds to some with good connections.. though almost no one upload back to me ~_~

#7 User is offline   SirXerxes 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2004 - 12:22 PM

That was the queue you were experiencing.

Every user has is own queue. All remote users out there and you too.

As soon as you start, eMule will give upload slots for remote clients and queue the rest in your queue. Special about your queue is, that your upspeed is about 50 times faster then an usual eMuler, hence you upping like crazy.

On the other side, each client you want to download from, has a queue too. And most likely they running their session longer than the time you are wanting something from them, so they have already plenty of users in their queues. When you come, you will enter the queue at the end. After uploading enough to them, you will move faster in the queue, but not skipping it to the top. Besides that, an upload priority of the remote users may counter your credits a bit, like downloading a 'very low' file when their are releases.

So, that's the main reason, even when you would a HighID eMuler, why so many sucking from you, but give nothing in return...

This post has been edited by SirXerxes: 26 September 2004 - 12:25 PM

#8 User is offline   JayC30 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2004 - 12:26 PM

I was uploading to 100+ users at once and with very high speeds to some with good connections.. though almost no one upload back to me ~_~

Funnily enough eMule doesn't do trading. I have uploaded to probably thousands of people and they have not uploaded to me, and the other way round too. That's why we call it file sharing.

Low ID causes more overhead on the network, eventhe servers restrict the numbers of low ID clients they allow to connect to them, and if you can't get a high ID then you live with the restrictions of having a low ID, including not being able to connect to a low ID sources, or go elsewhere.
Notice to newbies:
1. Read this: eMule manual and Forum Rules
2. Then read this: Read before posting and do what it says.
3. Then check here Quick help
4. Then ask.

Click on the underlined.
----------------------------
Minister of Semantics, Useless Waffle & Pusskits - In Birks' NWO
---------------------------
Taken from SF's rules, with permission, "If it started in a thread, it should end in the same thread." Therefore don't PM me about a comment I have made in a thread, I am not interested and will put you in my blocked list.

#9 User is offline   qm2003 

• V.I.P. (Volatile Indifferent Puppet)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2004 - 12:41 PM

The whole ed2k net with its various clients is a 'always online' network. This means you have to be online 24/7 for weeks/months, not just a few hours or days.

Just add the links of files you want in your download list and let your emule run. Some files will complete within minutes some take weeks or even months, always depending on the number and uploadcapability of your sources. If you really want a rare file you didn't found anywhere else, you will wait gladly.

After all you are downloading from other people mostly with much slower connections than yours and not from some T3 fileserver.

Anyway, with a superfast connection like yours, you should be able to harvest multiple filesharing-networks simultaniously. So, letting emule run all the time doesn't hurt you and contributing to the network should make you feel well.
How to setup Emule. A small checklist | Schmu's MuleDoc
P2P is not piracy, it's marketing.
In fact, if your music or movie is NOT being downloaded, you should be WORRIED !
If you can't even give it away for free, how do you expect to sell it, stupid ?

I'm a bloodsucking fiend. Look at my outfit !

#10 User is offline   Stewe 

• 海賊
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2004 - 12:42 PM

It do make a differance. The users that I have downloaded from are progressing faster in my quee.
Increase the size of your download by 50%, <a href='http://www.emule-project.net/home/perl/help.cgi?l=1' target='_blank'>RTFM!</a>

#11 User is offline   slowsilver 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2004 - 01:37 PM

Omnislash, on Sep 26 2004, 02:05 PM, said:

what do you mean with low id fixed? as far as I know low id means that you have not public IP(or have restrictive firewall settings) so you can not connect to all but just to those who have public IP. and I AM behind NAT so I have no public IP just IP of my gateway. then I think it's right to have low id.. what I think is not right is that just because I'm low id I'm getting worse positions in queue - as it's not so hard to see that majority of those sources is not low id.
I'm routed through linux server with 100Mbps connectivity with no restrictions - I'm just behind NAT
View Post

I knew there was a reason I suggested you read the docs. You misunderstand what low ID is, you don't think it can be fixed, you assume your connectivy has no restrictions, you think low ID affects your queue positions, and finally your client mus be buggy if having low ID only the majority of your sources is high ID. Look into port forwarding.
Some files are rare because nobody wants them.

eMule has enough anti-corruption measures.
-- SF, Oct 30 2005, 07:08 PM

#12 User is offline   Omnislash 

• Pip

Posted 26 September 2004 - 01:52 PM

slowsilver, on Sep 26 2004, 01:37 PM, said:

Omnislash, on Sep 26 2004, 02:05 PM, said:

View Post

I knew there was a reason I suggested you read the docs. You misunderstand what low ID is, you don't think it can be fixed, you assume your connectivy has no restrictions, you think low ID affects your queue positions, and finally your client mus be buggy if having low ID only the majority of your sources is high ID. Look into port forwarding.
View Post

I think you are mistaken. my connection realy IS without restrictions. NAT is not the same thing as a firewall. I just have no public IP so there is no possibility to be listening for incomming connections from outside of private network boundaries. and NO I can not just ssh to router and set forwarding rules in iptables. but that does not mean I'm restricted - it's not the same thing. so tell me - was I wrong saying it can not be fix? ..because there is actually nothing to fix

#13 User is offline   dazzle 

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2004 - 10:55 PM

by fixing they mean to get a port forwarded. It really helps for best performance, so you should ask the administrator of the linux box if he can forward a port to you.

As for the credit system, it only works after a very long time or when you're downloading rare files.
It also helps to unshare files you've downloaded because it's better to upload your partly completed files.

#14 User is offline   leexgx 

• UK MAD FOR LESS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2004 - 12:42 AM

and if every one keeps doing it we are going to make an good network die
in and around

#15 User is offline   ShawnD 

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2004 - 01:38 AM

omnilash, get an emule mod like Morph and powershare the files you currently have downloading. Doing that will improve your download speeds significantly. Just remember to stop powersharing after the file is completed.

#16 User is offline   rwolf969 

• Wolf inside
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2004 - 07:48 AM

Hell, you could even tell him to remove the complete files from shared dirs altogether :angry:

#17 User is offline   qm2003 

• V.I.P. (Volatile Indifferent Puppet)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2004 - 11:10 AM

@all_those_credit_obsessed_folk_out_there

Heck.

Some people hear the term 'credit system', instantly get big blinking Dollar-signs in front of their eyes, shut down their brains and switch on the 'greed mode'.

Damn. READ THE DOCS !

The creditsystem is just a tiny little bonus. Your QR is determined mostly by uploadpriority and WAITINGTIME. So, stay online and wait for your files. Period.

@Devs:
Please remove the creditsystem in the near future. It's become useless and too much people are tampering with it. Forcing people to upload by imposing a minimum session ratio of any kind is quite a good alternative.
How to setup Emule. A small checklist | Schmu's MuleDoc
P2P is not piracy, it's marketing.
In fact, if your music or movie is NOT being downloaded, you should be WORRIED !
If you can't even give it away for free, how do you expect to sell it, stupid ?

I'm a bloodsucking fiend. Look at my outfit !

#18 User is offline   leexgx 

• UK MAD FOR LESS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2004 - 12:19 PM

the credit system does work and works even better when you hit an user who is useing payback (morph for eg) its just finding them (and if you have turnd the credit system off then your loss if you don't upload back to me you not get any more of me)

i can norm download 1 or 2 files in 1 day (last one taken me 12 hrs)

with official i have to resort to what some users are doing in here (unshareing, powershareing files)

sesson ratio limts would be good

its just the users who force download do not help (30 files in que to max there line out) be nice to be able to stop them or slow them down
in and around

#19 User is offline   Zune 

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2004 - 12:53 PM

Omnislash, on Sep 26 2004, 01:52 PM, said:

I think you are mistaken. my connection realy IS without restrictions. NAT is not the same thing as a firewall. I just have no public IP so there is no possibility to be listening for incomming connections from outside of private network boundaries. and NO I can not just ssh to router and set forwarding rules in iptables. but that does not mean I'm restricted - it's not the same thing. so tell me - was I wrong saying it can not be fix? ..because there is actually nothing to fix
View Post

Well, if your connection can't accept incoming requests as you can't set up port forwarding for some reason - your connection IS restricted, at least for all p2p programs. period.

Under normal conditions the sender of some data connects to the recipient. No talking to any server is needed.

If you don't have a listening port, it goes the following way: The sender has to talk to the server telling him that he has some data for the other blocked recipient. The server now has to tell the "firewalled" client to connect to the sender.

You see that this would mean a lot of additional traffic to the servers if too many low-id (aka firewalled) clients are there. That's the reason why the number of allowed low-id clients is restricted on most servers.

Of course, there are some unlucky people (like you) who really can't set up port forwarding and thus get a high-id, but mosts are just too lazy to do so.

Zune

#20 User is offline   SciFi 

• Pip

Posted 21 May 2005 - 10:53 AM

Hi all...

I have red the docs, and still this grading system makes no sence to me as a newbie... Not that its worng or does not work, but I just dont get it...

Let me see if I am correct:
If I let somebody get a file from me I get a bonus from him if I need a file from him.
If I need a file from somebody else I am a low ID (Bottom of queu)

Because if it is this way it may be the reason that I let people upload 70 Kbyte /sec and only get 10 Kbyte / sec in return...
Why would I get something from somebody if he needs stuff from me ?
He probably has less then me ?

Sorry but I am a complete newbie and dont get this credit system ! :cry2:

People are downloading from my system with a 364 bytes / sec with a high ID and block others, because they have a full download list ???
They take ages to download, and I get only 1 persons credit, others with high speeds good for him and me are blocked ?
That cant be fair :cry2:

Please dont curse, I know I am a newbie... :love:

This post has been edited by SciFi: 21 May 2005 - 10:56 AM

• Member Options

• (2 Pages)
  • +

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users