Official eMule-Board: Read This Before Starting A New Thread! - Official eMule-Board

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Read This Before Starting A New Thread! How To Get Support For Emule!

#1 User is offline   birk 

• Room To Let
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 11 May 2004 - 12:01 PM

This thread is based on VQB's old thread which is out of date. Since I don't like editing his posts I have made this new one based on his!

Follow the steps below if you want support for eMule:
  • Please read the forum rules.

• Look at and read eMule's documentation. This applies especially for the FAQ, Setting Up eMule, General Information and Beginners Guide.

• Check the Quck help & guides sub-forum for answers to common problems regarding eg. "Why are my downloads so slow?", "I need a new server.met file", "How to install or update your eMule", "A4AF - What does it mean?", "I have a Low ID" and "How to filter IP's with eMule".

• Search the forum either by looking through different threads in the various forums or by performing a search. Remember that most questions have been asked and answered before so take your time searching because you will probably find something.

• If all of the above mentioned things doesn't answer your question then start a new thread in the appropriate forum. There is a description of the various forums below the link leading to the fourm. All questions or issues related to Mods must be posted in the Mod Forum and preferably in the thread for the applicable Mod. Below is a quote of the things you should include in your post:

Important Support Information When Starting New Threads said:

Pc Configuration
    - Operating System
    - Internet connection type (Bandwidth, Eg: 1024/320 DSL)
    - Modem, Router, Proxy (manufacturer and model)
    - Firewalls
    - Antivirus
    - Spyware detector
    - Emule Version

Emule Settings (Options tab)
    - Dl/Ul capacity
    - Dl/Ul limits
    - Hard limit
    - Max Connection
    - Activated networks (ED2k, Kad, Both)
    - Max. new connection/5 secs (Options -> Extended)
    - Max half open connection (Options -> Extended)
    - Ports TCP/UDP

Emule General
    - Numbers of servers in your server list (How to get a good server list)
    - High ID or LowID
    - Number of downloading files and average number of sources
    - Number of shared files
    - Used server name and IP (eg: DonkeyServer NO1)
    - Internet Service Provider (ISP)
    - Is Protocol Obfuscation enabled?
    - Found sources (Statistics -> Transfer -> Downloads -> Session -> Found sources)
Quick Answers to Common or Current Support Issues not covered in eMule's documentation or in the "Quick help & guides" sub-forum:
  • I get a message saying '[Some name] is an agent from PeerFactor, she advises you to stop your eMule!' (wording might differ)
    Apparently this is the lastest spamming messages from the leecher mod Ketamine. Don't reply to the users sending out these messages since the messages are automated. What you need to do is take part of the message eg PeerFactor and go to eMule's Preferences -> Security -> Filter messages containing: (Seperator |) and put that word or part of the phrase there. Doing so will make sure that you will not get any messages containing that word or phrase again.

• I get a message saying 'Need a new eMule Mod? Join the L33cher Team and buy a Ketamine!'
    This message is sent out by users of the leecher mod Ketamine. Don't reply to the users sending out these messages since the messages are automated. What you need to do is take part of the message eg L33cher and go to eMule's Preferences -> Security -> Filter messages containing: (Seperator |) and put that word or part of the phrase there. Doing so will make sure that you will not get any messages containing that word or phrase again.

• Users keeps requesting a list of your shared files. What's wrong?
    This is not something related to any organisation protecting copyrights but the work of some MLDonkoney clients since some MLDonkey clients automatically ask for the list of shared files. You might often see the name "geaiez" used which is the default nickname for MLDonkey clients like "http://emule-project.net" is for emule clients. You might also see other names aswell but just make sure that your client is set to deny permission to view your shared files (on by default) in eMule's Settings -> Files -> See my shared files/directories and choose nobody.

• How do I switch from eDonkey to eMule?
    Download the eMule Installer version (since it includes the help file) and install. Then move your eDonkey temp directory to the eMule directory. eDonkey and eMule use the same file format for temp files so all your old DL will be ready to go when you start eMule. You should click the "ED2K Links" button in Preferences -> General so they are associated with eMule or select "Associate Links While eMule is Running" if you want to switch back and forth for a while. There also exist an option to import temp files by pressing alt+X and choosing import part files.

• Why does my eMule connect to a server but is disconnected after less than a minute?
    It is likely you are sharing too many files or downloading too many files. The servers have a limited capacity (memory) to index files so they limit the number each user may list. The specific values can be set by each server operator using the Lugdunum enhanced software (used by all the big servers). Here are the basic (default guidelines):

http://lugdunum2k.free.fr/kiten.html said:

It has a filter to limit the number of shares for each client. The first limit (soft limit) is 1000 by default. If a client publishes more than 1000 shares, the shares in excess are ignored by the server. Moreover, if the number of shares exceeds the hard limit (5000 by default) the client is kicked off the server, in order to save the bandwidth.
  • "[Warning] Your client is connecting too fast, it will get banned"
    There is nothing the user can do (within reason) to cause eMule to connect too fast. These messages are also from an MLDonkey client IIRC so represent a very small portion of the ed2k community. Just ignore the message.

• How can I see my credits?
    There isn't a simple answer for this one as credits are on a user by user basis rather than a transferable unit. The shortest answer is to compare your total UL to total DL (show in statistics). The higher the ratio of UL to DL the better your credit (but the worse your DL have been). With a specific user you can look in the user details dialog (right-click on another user) and compare your their DL (from you == your UL) with your own DL.
Remember that the people who support in this forum do it out of their own free will so be nice to them and don't ask questions already answered before because supporters really hate that! Have fun...

This post has been edited by PacoBell: 06 July 2008 - 05:21 AM
Reason for edit:: removed a duplicate question regarding number of servers

#2 User is offline   Sotto 

• Pip

Posted 21 November 2004 - 02:03 AM

Hi Birk,

Thanks for your help. I did search for peerfactor in the forums, (no english support for the problem) I went to the emule site for help too. I also checked out the "strange message" topic, I registered with you guys and sent you the message after finding no luck. Probably cos I'm a newbie and I'm not sure what I'm doing! Sorry! :confused:

Thank you for taking the time out to help myself and countless others, it is most appreciated.

#3 User is offline   birk 

• Room To Let
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 November 2004 - 04:19 PM

Sotto, on Nov 21 2004, 03:03 AM, said:

Hi Birk,

Thanks for your help. I did search for peerfactor in the forums, (no english support for the problem) I went to the emule site for help too. I also checked out the "strange message" topic, I registered with you guys and sent you the message after finding no luck. Probably cos I'm a newbie and I'm not sure what I'm doing! Sorry!  :confused:

Thank you for taking the time out to help myself and countless others, it is most appreciated.
View Post

No worries. Just closing all the messages threads linking to this one so people can find an answer quickly and the threads doesn't get bumped all the time. :)

#4 User is offline   BARRY6521 

• PipPip

Posted 01 December 2004 - 07:24 PM

Just a big thanks i have learnt a lot from you replys to myself and others

#5 User is offline   birk 

• Room To Let
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 December 2004 - 10:09 PM

BARRY6521, on Dec 1 2004, 08:24 PM, said:

Just a big thanks i have learnt a lot from you replys to myself and others
View Post

Glad to hear it. Makes it all worth while. :)

#6 User is offline   jon-da-hat 

• PipPip

Posted 06 December 2004 - 09:37 PM

:cool2: :thumbup: iwould like to help in anyway i could i can be a somwere for your download or what ever!!

my pc is on the net most of the time and i think you need somone to help the non conformists to conform :P :clap: :devil:

#7 User is offline   Black Owl 

• King and Queen of the Nest
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 January 2005 - 08:39 PM

Also when starting a new thread:
Discribe the problem in the topic title.
"help" or "problem" or "hjdsszdfh" does not make sense and will reduce the chance that someone who could have helped reads the thread
'It never hurts to help' - Eek the cat
'It never hurts to read the help' - Black Owl
As King and Queen of the Nest we do not feel it is our duty to offer support by PM or email.

#8 User is offline   helpboy 

• Pip

Posted 20 April 2005 - 08:05 PM

jon-da-hat, on Dec 6 2004, 09:37 PM, said:

:cool2:  :thumbup:  iwould like to help in anyway i could i can be a somwere for your download or what ever!!

my pc is on the net most of the time and i think you need somone to help the non conformists to conform :P  :clap:  :devil:
View Post

i am new and i cannot download anything because something pops up "No serverlistadress entry in 'adresses.dat' found. Please paste a valid serverlist into this file in order to auto-update your serverlist"

#9 User is offline   loureiro 

• Pip

Posted 29 July 2005 - 03:01 PM

ear Emulers

I have a problem with the emule! My downloads aren’t completing. I do downloads of movies in all sizes (20mb, 54mb, 120mb, 223mb, 340mb, 440mb, 500mb, 600mb, 700mb, 1.2gb, etc) it doesn’t mind, when it lacks just 18.55mb, the downloads doesn’t finishes! The progress bar shows red parts that always turn blue without problems. In all sizes of downloads always it lacks the same 18.55mb! Why? I don’t understand.

For example: I do download of 681.45mb on 700mb, but it lacks 18.55mb.
I do download of 421.45mb on 440mb, but it lacks 18.55mb.
I do download of 34kb on 18.89mb, but it lacks 18.55mb.

The downloads doesn’t finishes. It is lacking 18.55mb!!! (only 18.55MB out of 700MB) The download's total hasn’t been completed.

Sincerely

Paulo Loureiro

#10 User is offline   loureiro 

• Pip

Posted 29 July 2005 - 03:03 PM

Dear Emulers

I have a problem with the emule! My downloads aren’t completing. I do downloads of movies in all sizes (20mb, 54mb, 120mb, 223mb, 340mb, 440mb, 500mb, 600mb, 700mb, 1.2gb, etc) it doesn’t mind, when it lacks just 18.55mb, the downloads doesn’t finishes! The progress bar shows red parts that always turn blue without problems. In all sizes of downloads always it lacks the same 18.55mb! Why? I don’t understand.

[CODE]
The downloads doesn’t finishes. It is lacking 18.55mb!!! (only 18.55MB out of 700MB) The download's total hasn’t been completed.

Sincerely

Paulo Loureiro

#11 User is offline   loureiro 

• Pip

Posted 29 July 2005 - 03:04 PM

Dear Emulers

[CODE]

Sincerely

Paulo Loureiro
loureiro77@hotmail.com

#12 User is offline   bounty vb 

• Lord of Noobs
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 July 2005 - 03:28 PM

ummm, yeah

3 posts were needed?

this isn't the place to describe your problem either, this is just the thread you need to read before posting.

This post has been edited by bounty vb: 29 July 2005 - 03:31 PM

Heeeerrrre's Bounty

#13 User is offline   Fang 

• Pip

Posted 03 August 2005 - 07:39 AM

[FONT=Geneva]
Sorry if this is not the right way/place to ask this kind of question, but I've spent over 30 minutes trying to figure out how and where.

I now use 0.46c and am basically pleased. I had an old version of emule (maybe 0.44 or .42, don't remember), but it locked up all the time and had lots of problems. I've been using both Kad and ed2k, and assume that my downloads are better/faster. At least my 'puter doesn't lock up any more (did a Windows upgrade too, which made a difference no doubt).

But I can't seem to replicate a few useful features from the old version.
Please advise how to:

1. There used to be a cleaning function, in which you could remove Low ID, NNF, High QR, etc. This made searching better, :+1: since I could get rid of the "waste of time sources", and usually lots of better ones came in.

2. In searching files, I often had hundreds of sources listed. Now, nearly everything has a single source. What am I doing wrong? :confused:

Thanks,

Fang

#14 User is offline   niclights 

• lost in space
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2005 - 08:13 PM

Sorry, but your 30 minutes were not well spent!

You have posted a reply in the very sticky that told you how to post a NEW THREAD :-k

No changes in the client can really make any difference to download speed - pls read the manual to understand.

The main difference in versions is, as you notice, fixes to crashing etc - notably crashing whilst using Kad.

RE searching questions:

1) I am not familiar with these functions. Perhaps you were using a mod? When searching you can refine searches using the filters section at the top (ie. availability/complete sources etc) I can see no benefit in removing Low-Id or High QR sources, which incidentally would only be known once download has been initiated and would not be known at the searching stage.

2) Sounds like you are using a bad server. Connect to one of the more popular ones such as Razorback2 or Donkeyservers. Use Global Search.

/Edit: Pls DO NOT reply to this here. If you have further questions then post a new thread!

This post has been edited by niclights: 04 August 2005 - 08:14 PM

#15 User is offline   jotabe13 

• Pip

Posted 02 September 2005 - 10:07 PM

Can you speak portuguese?

#16 User is offline   niclights 

• lost in space
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 September 2005 - 11:08 PM

me? no. I don't think so.... why do you ask? :xrolleyes:

#17 User is offline   Evil-Genius 

• PipPip

Posted 23 September 2005 - 11:26 AM

Jotabe13 yes i can, why ? :)

#18 User is offline   Janek Szymczak 

• Pip

Posted 13 October 2005 - 12:03 AM

hi everybody B)

#19 User is offline   bounty vb 

• Lord of Noobs
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 October 2005 - 12:09 AM

Janek Szymczak, on Oct 13 2005, 01:03 AM, said:

hi everybody B)
View Post

your just gonna post in every thread just saying "hi"?

:bounce:
Heeeerrrre's Bounty

#20 User is offline   Paingiver 

• I believe it is so... Indeed!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 October 2005 - 12:16 AM

bounty vb, on Oct 13 2005, 01:09 AM, said:

Janek Szymczak, on Oct 13 2005, 01:03 AM, said:

hi everybody B)
View Post

your just gonna post in every thread just saying "hi"?

:bounce:
View Post

Its what six year olds do vb :-k
T.W.O. Vice President in charge of spam (or the lack there of!).·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

Listen to the C64 remix scene on Slay Radio
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * It really does kick Nectarines butt! * * * *

• Member Options

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

11 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users