• Last »

Feature: Zz Slotfocus Faster completion of chunks during UL

#21 User is offline   shadow# 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 March 2004 - 06:11 PM

AmiRage, on Mar 19 2004, 10:17 AM, said:

that's what slotfocus is about. So what's the problem?

the problem is: low id clients
the seem to practically storm through my queue and then somehow mess up slotfocus resulting in 3-4 clients with equal bandwidth

#22 User is offline   zz 

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Debugger

Posted 19 March 2004 - 07:20 PM

Never seen that.

Give me a screenshot where I can see queue time, upload time, transfer speed, slot # etc. Maybe I can see a pattern.

/zz B)
ZZUL - get control of your uploads: ZZUL Forum

#23 User is offline   leexgx 

• UK MAD FOR LESS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 March 2004 - 11:51 PM

this is what i dount want to happen

Posted Image

soon as a good low ID get slot one it goes down to 4 slots agane

Posted Image

so now high ID cant get good upload only low ID coes thay get 1 slot when thay wate to long

this is what i am talking about (that was a 10 min gap for the 2 pics)

This post has been edited by leexgx: 20 March 2004 - 12:01 AM

in and around

#24 User is offline   zz 

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2004 - 12:24 AM

Low id clients are inserted at the place they would have gotten if they had been able to get the upload slot when they were supposed to. This is all explained here:

http://forum.emule-p...ndpost&p=274088

Is the low id client a high credit client and/or does it want a high prio file?

/zz B)

This post has been edited by zz: 20 March 2004 - 12:27 AM

#25 User is offline   leexgx 

• UK MAD FOR LESS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2004 - 01:26 AM

he is an norm client just low ID so he gets the file fast very fast coes he gets first slot

and a wered thing just happend my upload just droped to 7k and it will not go faster

and it is saying 5/4 in the bit above the que

ok i fixed it (i sould of not needed to do it but it is a test ver) i set a file to power share and it booted out the slow clients out and fixed me upload problem (was like it for 1 hr @ 7k)

now i got 4 slot clients agane and a fast one at 10k-15k slot 5

This post has been edited by leexgx: 20 March 2004 - 01:31 AM

in and around

#26 User is offline   AmiRage 

• R.I.P.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2004 - 11:16 PM

Is it possible that slotfocus somehow has problems with highly compressible files?

I'm currently powersharing one of these files and slotfocus seems to be a little bit confused most of the time. It opens sometimes up to 6 slots instead of 3 or 4 and often/sometimes all are "transferring" ... even a nearly complete breakdown of upload occurred.

#27 User is offline   yidaki 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2004 - 08:37 PM

since the ZZ patch alternates better then the official emule between the people you upload to, the slotfocus works.
but, since i would rather want to spread files, then to finish their downloads, how about an option to turn off slotfocus for people that has only one chunk left in order to complete their download? that way, they would have to share it a little longer, if they want the entire file from the initial releaser that is (because if other people shares the chunk he will still get the entire file completed, just not from me, and thats what i'm after, higher spreading ratio :))

the better spread a file gets, the less i have to be the only source, and the higher chance of it surviving on the net without me constantly uploading it...
and thats the only reason i'm on this network, otherwise i could've been happy with just an FTP server :D

This post has been edited by yidaki: 24 March 2004 - 08:39 PM

#28 User is offline   leexgx 

• UK MAD FOR LESS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2004 - 05:42 PM

the problem with that is you could mod emule to report only 1 part left (unless there was a counter messur that black list peeps when thay try and download a dif part from the same file)

but i think zzul is not into that type of stuff and i think the client is fine as it is (max upload for me)
in and around

#29 User is offline   yidaki 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2004 - 09:33 PM

leexgx, on Mar 25 2004, 05:42 PM, said:

the problem with that is you could mod emule to report only 1 part left (unless there was a counter messur that black list peeps when thay try and download a dif part from the same file)

but i think zzul is not into that type of stuff and i think the client is fine as it is (max upload for me)

i'm thinking the other way around. ;)
emule keeps track of what people download from you, its not that hard to detect if they have one chunk left. that way you can upload more to people who has less of a file, instead of maximizing the upload bandwidth for one client who might be one chunk away from completing the file. that would spread the file more, instead of completing peoples downloads, like a normal slotfocus would do.

the faster you complete someones download, the faster they will unshare the file... :(

what youre saying is that the downloading client should tell the uploading client that it has one chunk left, all the time. doing that would only make it so that it never completes any downloads at all, and whats the point in that. :D

This post has been edited by yidaki: 25 March 2004 - 09:35 PM

#30 User is offline   leexgx 

• UK MAD FOR LESS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2004 - 01:02 AM

no i just stateing if emule was giveing priority to peeps with one part left you could mod emule to show only that part to the uploader you want it off so you get a boost

and i read it more i perfer it to be quite the opersite i want my files to fnish at norm speed or faster not to be slowed down its slow enufe trying to finish files off
in and around

#31 User is offline   CiccioBastardo 

• Doomsday Executor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Italian Moderators

Posted 05 June 2004 - 01:09 PM

@yidaki
There's just the issue with Kad search that does not report uncomplete sources, so that the waiting client could not be used as a source and you still remain as the only source of that file
(how many time did I wrote source? ;) )
The problem is not the client, it's the user

#32 User is offline   CiccioBastardo 

• Doomsday Executor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 19 June 2004 - 12:29 PM

Hi again.

I have been using ZZUL mod for some time now, and I see that the slotfocus doesn't always work as one would expect.
There are some cases, for example, when there are 9 or 10 concurrent uploads, with 4/5/6 KB each plus a series of trickle slots. And I have seen that turning off USS just makes thing go worse.

However, my question is. I would like to recognize clients that send you a small amount bit of data just to see if you trade with them, with those clients that give you the trickle slots (so you still get the small mount of data.

Is the frequency (or speed too?) of those connections enough to make a clear identification of the behaviour of such clients?
I mean, if caught in a trickle slot is it more probable that I get some small amount of data quite often (some connections/hour), while the trader would just do that few times in a day (if not once a day).
Is there also some difference in the connection speed?

Thanks in advance

#33 User is offline   zz 

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 June 2004 - 03:53 AM

CiccioBastardo: I'm not really sure what you try to ask. Or rather, I'm not sure what the reason would be for creating such a function?

/zz B)

#34 User is offline   CiccioBastardo 

• Doomsday Executor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 June 2004 - 10:13 PM

To try to identify those client that try the trading mechanism by uploading few KB without affecting those that use the SlotFocus + reinsertion into the waiting queue feature.

I'm just trying to highlight the differences.

#35 User is offline   zz 

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 June 2004 - 08:56 AM

Hm, you mean the clients that try to Horde? Or some other trading mechanism?

For Horde there's an opcode, IIRC.

Wouldn't the credit system handle these anyway?

/zz B)

#36 User is offline   SlugFiller 

• The one and only master slug
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 June 2004 - 12:05 PM

The credit system only measures total transfer quantities(no per-session), and due to it's strictly direct nature it's very much limited in preformance.

I think what he's trying to achieve is a way to encourage people to use transfer full chunk. Considering the preformance impact of not transferring full chunks, that is reasonable. Just detecting horde clients won't do that.
Why haven't you clicked yet?

SlugFiller rule #1: Unsolicited PMs is the second most efficient method to piss me off.
SlugFiller rule #2: The first most efficient method is unsolicited eMails.
SlugFiller rule #3: If it started in a thread, it should end in the same thread.
SlugFiller rule #4: There is absolutely no reason to perform the same discussion twice in parallel, especially if one side is done via PM.
SlugFiller rule #5: Does it say "Group: Moderators" under my name? No? Then stop telling me about who you want to ban! I really don't care! Go bother a moderator.
SlugFiller rule #6: I can understand English, Hebrew, and a bit of Japanese(standard) and Chinese(mandarin), but if you speak to me in anything but English, do expect to be utterly ignored, at best.

#37 User is offline   cw_uk 

• Pip

Posted 06 July 2004 - 08:01 PM

i've been using zzupload for a while now and found it to be a great release client.. untill i run the current version. the release status of files is pretty much useless now. i have 9 concurent slots open and the release file is getting 2kb/sec added to the fact hes on a friendslot. this makes it kinda hard to spread a file in a reasonable amount of time. :confused:

#38 User is offline   zz 

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 July 2004 - 09:14 PM

cw_uk: Not sure what's going on there. The SlotFocus is still there, and it should work as in the earlier versions. Are you sure that particular client is able to receive data faster than that?

/zz B)

#39 User is offline   cw_uk 

• Pip

Posted 06 July 2004 - 09:49 PM

after setting lowest allowed upload to 20kb/sec and activating USS it balenced out and is now supplying 18kb/sec to the same client i mentioned earlier and thats brought the total concurent slots down to 5 with slot 1 getting most of the upload :thumbup:

This post has been edited by cw_uk: 06 July 2004 - 09:50 PM

#40 User is offline   BRAINman1974 

• Pip

Posted 10 July 2004 - 02:29 PM

I would like to know how to limit the uploads to just 1 or 2 slots. Now i have around 24 slots at the same time uploading. This sucks. I have been posting and reading on this forum but still no sollution. Who can give me a clear answer?

BRAINman

• Member Options

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users