Official eMule-Board: Morph Translations - Official eMule-Board

• (29 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Morph Translations Translate it in your own language !

#541 User is offline   xilolee 

• eMule 0.50b BETA1 user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Italian Moderators

Posted 12 June 2010 - 02:35 PM

I said so 'cause that sentence is difficult to translate (by me)...
If you want, i'm always available... but lately i have less time than before.
I thought that the emule-mods.it or darkforge.it guys translate all the mods... :unsure:

edit: previous post edited!

This post has been edited by xilolee: 12 June 2010 - 02:35 PM

INCONCEIVABLE! - You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
come ottenere aiuto italian guides - guide della sezione italiana
italian support - sezione italiana scaricare la lista server
ottenere id alto impostare le porte nel router
recuperare file corrotti i filtri ip
Sembra talco ma non è serve a darti l'allegrIa! Se lo lanci e poi lo respiri ti dà subito l'allegrIa! Immagine Postata

#542 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 June 2010 - 02:51 PM

well, i used to have some reliable italian guys who were doing translations for me but they got unreliable, which is a bit of a pity. anyway, i will try to remember you and if you got time you can translate. better have two semi-reliable translators than just one, right? ;-)

btw, what did you change? the tip translation?
I am an emule-web.de member and fan!

[Imagine there was a sarcasm meter right here!]

No, there will not be a new version of my mods. No, I do not want your PM. No, I am certain, use the board and quit sending PMs. No, I am not kidding, there will not be a new version of my mods just because of YOU asking for it!

#543 User is offline   xilolee 

• eMule 0.50b BETA1 user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Italian Moderators

Posted 12 June 2010 - 02:56 PM

1 and 2) yup :)

This post has been edited by xilolee: 12 June 2010 - 02:56 PM

INCONCEIVABLE! - You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
come ottenere aiuto italian guides - guide della sezione italiana
italian support - sezione italiana scaricare la lista server
ottenere id alto impostare le porte nel router
recuperare file corrotti i filtri ip
Sembra talco ma non è serve a darti l'allegrIa! Se lo lanci e poi lo respiri ti dà subito l'allegrIa! Immagine Postata

#544 User is offline   jameland 

• Pip

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:32 AM

View Postxilolee, on 12 June 2010 - 12:59 PM, said:

I'd delete: "The color is distinguished by\nthe background color and some RGB based calculation."

I concur ;)

#545 User is offline   h0rnytoad1 

• PipPip

Posted 18 June 2010 - 06:57 PM

error in french translation: "le dossier enlevée de incoming devrait-il être ajouté comme départ?"

This popup when deleting a category does not make any sense in french.

#546 User is offline   omeringen 

• löl
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:12 PM

You know devs are not translating anything. You (French or the other users) better find someone to check all strings from start to end and send proper totranslate.txt file to the devs. Or send a P.M. to French translator.

This post has been edited by omeringen: 18 June 2010 - 08:21 PM

#547 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:21 PM

jameland volunteered to improve the French translation. please point him to strings you might find confusing or anything. he will then keep on nagging me about the true poetic meaning of the original, resolve possible errors in the original and then eventually translate it like really good... :thumbup:

No, there will not be a new version of my mods. No, I do not want your PM. No, I am certain, use the board and quit sending PMs. No, I am not kidding, there will not be a new version of my mods just because of YOU asking for it!

#548 User is offline   jameland 

• Pip

Posted 07 August 2010 - 03:08 AM

Please do !!! Been afk for over a month. Now back to work... ;)

View Posth0rnytoad1, on 18 June 2010 - 06:57 PM, said:

error in french translation: "le dossier enlevée de incoming devrait-il être ajouté comme départ?"

This popup when deleting a category does not make any sense in french.

Thanks for pointing this out. ;)

As Stulle said, I volunteered to homogenize the french translation, to minimize certain features/tips/etc being translated with several layers over the releases (once in full names, the other with acronyms for example).

In the process of fulfilling this main goal, I might sometimes be lead to overlook or even miss a few blatant translations errors.

So, if something sounds deeply wrong to you guys, you're welcome to PM me about it. :)

#549 User is offline   gwenmacer 

• Pip

Posted 14 August 2010 - 02:38 PM

This is really a very nice information. It is fruitful for me. It clears all my doubts and gives a clear cut idea.

#550 User is offline   SS1900 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 August 2010 - 03:00 PM

@ gwenmacer

how long you have intention to spam this board yet ? <_<

#551 User is offline   morph4u 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2010 - 05:32 PM

A little display bug in cat dialog because in some language files are missing spaces. ;)

Posted Image

example in german de_DE.rc

is:

IDS_CAT_FS       "Dateigröße (MB)"

should be:

IDS_CAT_FS       "     Dateigröße (MB)"

This post has been edited by morph4u: 23 September 2010 - 05:32 PM

#552 User is offline   YumeYao 

• PipPip

Posted 12 February 2011 - 10:49 AM

Simplified Chinese Translation File with fixes here:

http://www.mediafire...bahb126eoy1g4a1

I'm updating Magic Angel(a MorphXT-based mod) so I revised the full language file, and this is the MorphXT part.

Also a simple patched emule.rc(English Language File) is included with modifications:
Merged German Language Source to English or Neutral.
Fixed Windows Firewall related strings(not only WinXP, but all Windows now)
Fixed NTFS Sparse tip(It works for Win7, so Vista is the only that is not supported - after checking emule official changelog)
Some other minor spellings.

You can use diff to revise the emule.rc and determinate whether to include these fixes in coming releases.

#553 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:27 PM

you don't have all your facts right. the Win XP Firewall setting is not available in any other system than XP and XP SP1!

about IDS_FILEBUFFERSIZE_TIP, you are right, it increases memory usage but that's not the most important bit for all i care. the important bit is that data is lost on crash when it's not flushed.

also, although improving the translation is obviously a good thing i don't like changing the official translation. if you got proposals for those, direct them at the official devs. is also noticed you replaced a lot of '.' with '。', which is not really an improvement to me but a matter of style which is not improving an awful lot. i would also like to know a what you improved in detail in the Chinese translation. because i know zz_fly has a good idea about the technical background, while i have no idea about you and just the two above showed me that.

still, thanks for the contribution.

This post has been edited by Stulle: 12 February 2011 - 12:35 PM

#554 User is offline   YumeYao 

• PipPip

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:28 PM

@Stulle, thanks for your reply.

Sorry I'm confused. So you mean Win XP Firewall(in XP and XP SP1) is different thatn that in other version of Windows?

IDS_FILEBUFFERSIZE_TIP. Yes I know about the data loss on crash but I think that's only for newly-downloaded part, isn't it?

For Chinese translation, I'd like to improve the offcial build but since I'm merging a new version of MagicAngel so I started with MorphXT, that's why I post it here first.

Yes I know zz_fly has a very good technical background but I think maybe he hasn't fully reviewed the translation as there are many stupid errors, and also, I'm not techniced in eMule but I'm sure I understand network and computer a lot and know them both in Chinese and English.

So what I did, besides styling(replacing '.' with '。'), are being listed and explained in English. - I hope you have the chance to introduce them to zz_fly because I know you're working together with him on X-treme project.

I'd like to wait for your anwsers while I'm collecting the changes I've made, so I post this first.

#555 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 February 2011 - 02:40 PM

View PostYumeYao, on 12 February 2011 - 01:28 PM, said:

Sorry I'm confused. So you mean Win XP Firewall(in XP and XP SP1) is different thatn that in other version of Windows?

apparently they are... i did not review this in particular detail but what i can tell you is that apparently there are three different ways being used to take care of the firewalls. one for XP and XP SP1, one for XP SP2 and XP SP3 (firewall add allowedprogram) and a third one for Vista and above (advfirewall firewall add rule). the first one is built into eMule, the second and third are built into the installer as shell commands that are being executed on instlal.

IDS_FILEBUFFERSIZE_TIP. Yes I know about the data loss on crash but I think that's only for newly-downloaded part, isn't it?

true. but the same applies for memory usage.

For Chinese translation, I'd like to improve the offcial build but since I'm merging a new version of MagicAngel so I started with MorphXT, that's why I post it here first.

Yes I know zz_fly has a very good technical background but I think maybe he hasn't fully reviewed the translation as there are many stupid errors, and also, I'm not techniced in eMule but I'm sure I understand network and computer a lot and know them both in Chinese and English.

So what I did, besides styling(replacing '.' with '。'), are being listed and explained in English. - I hope you have the chance to introduce them to zz_fly because I know you're working together with him on X-treme project.

I'd like to wait for your anwsers while I'm collecting the changes I've made, so I post this first.

don't try to make it too much in detail. i just don't want to rework anything for minimum gain. just compile a list of those errors that are really important language wise and try to ignore the stuff which is about the looks or are prolly only phrased in a way you don't like very much yourself.

i've been doing some serious translation work for another project lately and i know it's tempting. what i figured to be important is ask lots of questions when you are unsure about the reason behind this or that string. that's what i've been going with to avoid bad translations.

#556 User is offline   YumeYao 

• PipPip

Posted 12 February 2011 - 04:02 PM

I have uploaded the resource script with minimun changes that I think are really necessary.

The changes are also included.

http://www.mediafire...zvs2x1fc1sbvh4g

@Stulle,
thanks for your explaination.

Yes I know translating sucks in the way that sometimes you have to try to find where and when one string appears to avoid ambiguity. But in reality, there're many translators lack of responsibility just don't do so.

I have been used emule for 7 years and most wrong translations I found this time are in tooltip texts, maybe if I was not merging MagicAngel and revising the whole language file, I'll never notice them. But they will of course misguide begginers so it's worth doing so. And I'd like to say, translating texts in tooltip should be much easier since they're always explained in detail. So errors in tooltips like those are not tolerable.

I'll release MagicAngel soon, because I was just waiting for your confirmation on the firewall strings.

This post has been edited by YumeYao: 12 February 2011 - 04:16 PM

#557 User is offline   OLzenizin 

• Pip

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:10 PM

If that totranslate.txt is old(happens) you can also take the emule.rc from the latest source distribution and translate the "STRINGTABLE" resources there. It is identical to to totranslate.txt. Note that if there is an official translation you can get a head start by extracting the appriopiate .rc form official (source disotibution in the lang subdir) and take that as a start. if you need more help in ho to translate post here! Posted Image

#558 User is offline   Esevroff 

• Pip

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:14 PM

Yes I know translating sucks in the way that sometimes you have to try to find where and when one string appears to avoid ambiguity. But in reality, there're many translators lack of responsibility just don't do so Posted Image

#559 User is offline   pavshinAN 

• Pip

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:09 AM

Note that if there is an official translation you can get a head start by extracting the appriopiate .rc form official (source disotibution in the lang subdir) and take that as a start. if you need more help in ho to translate post here! Posted Image

#560 User is offline   ISaminov 

• Pip

Posted 08 September 2014 - 11:40 AM

I have been used emule for 7 years and most wrong translations I found this time are in tooltip texts, maybe if I was not merging MagicAngel and revising the whole language file, I'll never notice them. But they will of course misguide begginers so it's worth doing so. And I'd like to say, translating texts in tooltip should be much easier since they're always explained in detail. So errors in tooltips like those are not tolerable Posted Image

This post has been edited by ISaminov: 08 September 2014 - 11:40 AM

• Member Options

• (29 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users