Official eMule-Board: Windows Xp/2000 Crashes - Official eMule-Board

• (18 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Windows Xp/2000 Crashes while using eMule ?

#261 User is offline   torpon 

• I'm so tired
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 27 August 2006 - 12:49 AM

Ok is not Windows Xp fault, a softaware you paid for, nor Zone Alarm, other software you paid for. Is clear that eMule is guilty, in first instance by being free. It is curious that disabling Zone Alarm dxbandit can use eMule, it mighy be consecuence of casualty.

Cheers :D

This post has been edited by torpon: 27 August 2006 - 12:50 AM

#262 User is offline   dxbandit 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 August 2006 - 02:15 AM

ok i have figured out whats causing the problem, it seems that the emule temp files i have are to blame is it that i have too many temp files? are they some how corrupt ? cause i do have quite a bit maybe 30 or so , nevertheless i took screenshots of all the things that were not finished and deleted all the temp files and everything works fine now, and i got a cool 20 gig back , lol :clap:

This post has been edited by dxbandit: 27 August 2006 - 02:19 AM

#263 User is offline   HisPetsMaster 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2006 - 11:43 AM

View Postdxbandit, on Aug 27 2006, 02:15 AM, said:

ok i have figured out whats causing the problem, it seems that the emule temp files i have are to blame is it that i have too many temp files? are they some how corrupt ? cause i do have quite a bit maybe 30 or so , nevertheless i took screenshots of all the things that were not finished and deleted all the temp files and everything works fine now, and i got a cool 20 gig back , lol :clap:

Are you using dynamic partitions? XP, if I remember right does use this as defualt, if so, even if your HDD is perfectly fine, your partition table could be at fault. The temp files could in fact be showing you the issue by being there but the actual culprit would be the partition table corruption or misscalculation. I would do a careful assesment of your HDD and the partition(s) in it.

Good luck.

#264 User is offline   Golds 

• Pip

Posted 07 September 2006 - 04:54 PM

Hello to everyone. I'm italian so please do not think about the language.
I have bought my new computer(HP-AMD 3400+-nvidia ge force 7300 le- 1 GB of ram., windows xp sp2...) and I have the same problem of BSOD. When I use eMule sometimes the pc restart itself, sometimes it freezed on the BSOD. When I return to my desktop (after restart) the microsoft crash analysis tells me that the error has been caused by a device driver in windows XP, but it don't tells me which. I tried to: reinstall windows(and format the pc), disable windows and norton firewall(but the worms protection is still working), install the lastest driver especially for my modem. I want to tell you that I saw this problem about a month ago when I used the d-link wi-fi router. Because I read that a router could make problem to eMule, I changed my modem into an USB one. The problem is still here.
While I was looking on this topic I interested about the IRQ problem, but, because I am not a techincian, I don't know anything about this. Right down I will post the result of MSI(microsoft system information) about conflict/condivision and IRQ. It is in Italian so if you have problem please post or write me and I will translate as best as I can.

Please solve me this problem or i will stop use eMule :worthy:
Thanks

This post has been edited by Golds: 08 September 2006 - 01:30 PM

#265 User is offline   torpon 

• I'm so tired
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 September 2006 - 11:06 AM

Start by uninstalling NVidia firewall.

Cheers

#266 User is offline   Golds 

• Pip

Posted 08 September 2006 - 12:16 PM

Where can I find the Nvidia firewall? I have never heard anything about this on my computer. Anyway I have tried to put eMule in the program settings of Norton Antivirus, and it is still working since ten o'clock of this morning. Before eMule didn't work for more than one or two hours.
Thanks

#267 User is offline   torpon 

• I'm so tired
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 September 2006 - 01:11 PM

A missunderstanding I thought you where using a NVidia Motherboard.

Cheers :D

#268 User is offline   Golds 

• Pip

Posted 08 September 2006 - 01:28 PM

No, sorry I have forgotten to tell you that I have a motherboard with ATI chipset, but I don't remember the name of the manufactuer. Anyway I updated the motherboard driver. Now are five hours and twenty minutes that eMule is working without any problems. So I can say that the problem was caused by the norton internet worms protection. I hope that I am not going to see any other problems. If the crash is caused only by this I will try to renstall the norton internet sicurity that I have bought since some days.

#269 User is offline   Tiptonian 

• Pip

Posted 11 September 2006 - 09:13 AM

My version of the problem is that when I am using my machine, emule apparently runs OK, but if I leave it running for a length of time without any mouse movement or key presses, then it will do one of three things -either the machine just totally freezes (but with no BSOD) with no response to mouse or keyboard and so requiring a hard reset, or the machine will reboot of its own accord or on 1 or 2 occasions I have had the BSOD with the Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error.

Having looked at the posts in this thread, I have found a couple of things I can try, but I need some advice on some of them.

One post mentioned dynamic partitions and partition table corruption - what do I look for to see if this is a factor?

I seem to have microsoft crash analysis turned off - how do I turn that back on please?

How do I disable automatic rebooting?

Using XP Pro SP2.

TIA

This post has been edited by Tiptonian: 11 September 2006 - 10:22 AM

#270 User is offline   Golds 

• Pip

Posted 11 September 2006 - 10:56 AM

I have just finished the memtest. It has run from this night at two o'clock to now. The test has run with "All unusued RAM" and at the end the coverage was 6983,7 percentage.

It has not noticed any erros. So RAM is ok.

Anyway yesterday afternoon eMule was running when I open "task manager windows", then windows freezed on a BSOD this page show me this message: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
What does it means?

#271 User is offline   Golds 

• Pip

Posted 12 September 2006 - 10:53 AM

I get often the BSOD without any driver name, I get only some number that looks similar to the number which is in the I/O parameters of hardware resources in Microsoft system information.
I thought that:
If the number of sources are more than 3000 or 3500, can they crash eMule and Windows? (My RAM is ok).

#272 User is offline   lordpake 

• Hiding in the wall
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 September 2006 - 11:05 AM

As mentioned in the first post, eMule itself is not able to crash Windows. The reason is something in your OS, drivers in this case is my best bet. Have you followed the instructions in the first post?

Edit, also I don't see how large amount of sources could cause OS crashes. It should just take RAM and CPU time afaik. Even if eMule should crash because of that, I don't see how it could take OS with it.

This post has been edited by lordpake: 12 September 2006 - 11:08 AM

#eMule-Finland @ irc.mindforge.org ~ both English and Finnish will do ^^

My system specs are --> here <-- | Netizen's guide to Flame Warriors | Spyware problems? Try LandzDown Forum

#273 User is offline   Golds 

• Pip

Posted 12 September 2006 - 11:28 AM

I have disinstall norton internet sicurity to try to fix this problem, but no solution. now I have the AVG antivirus and windows xp firewall. nothing else in the task bar. I have run memtest for 10-12 hours so no RAM problems. I do not know what I have to do.

#274 User is offline   lordpake 

• Hiding in the wall
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 September 2006 - 11:47 AM

Wild guess from my side: try updating the motherboard and network interface card drivers. This is just an educated guess, however.

My system specs are --> here <-- | Netizen's guide to Flame Warriors | Spyware problems? Try LandzDown Forum

#275 User is offline   teddeeh 

• PipPip

Posted 27 October 2006 - 07:07 AM

ok, i have been running emule for ages now with no problems, but this past week, i have BSOD everytime i use emule, roughly an hour to 2 into use. this is the only programm i am having problems with. what is going on? i have been able to use emule for months with no problems and suddleny i get this. why is this happening now?

also, my drivers are up to date, havent had any problems before, so why now? i am not using any new software recently, and have had the latest drivers running i update, and checked everything, which i installed before any of this BSOD started, and werked fine. with no problems at all.

i am scratching my head furiosly at this because it doesnt make any sense. and its annoying me, becuase i cant use emule with out the dreaed BSOD.

also, i am runnin xp media centre 2005 sp2. and ahve a decent machine, like i say, have been runnning emule for ages with no problems untill this past week.

This post has been edited by teddeeh: 27 October 2006 - 07:17 AM

#276 User is offline   teddeeh 

• PipPip

Posted 27 October 2006 - 08:57 AM

thinking about it. this problem started roughly around the same time i installed battlefeild 2142. now i havent uninstalled this to test it out, because i just dont think a game i installed would cause an unrelated program to crash and i have never heard of anything like that doing this....... unless it is true what people have been saying about bf2142 having spyware. if the spyware is causing a problem............ has anyone looked at this and have any suggestions. i am trying to download some important files, and am just getting nowhere with this goddamn blue screen of death!!!!
please please help. i dont know what to do...

alos some people say to disable the uploadspeedsense. but i find that in my options, "extended" i think, and there is no option to disable it.

my anti virus/antispyware/firewall, have been running with emule with no problems for months. i am all out of ideas.

the last thing i did was unistall emule, delete all my temp files ( so no returning downloads with a fresh install) and emule worked a little longer, but i still did not get anywhere. and it blue screened after about 3 hours of emule running time.

somebody help... me..... please.........

#277 User is offline   lordpake 

• Hiding in the wall
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 October 2006 - 09:22 AM

Blue screen is not AFAIK caused by eMule itself, but by some driver or hardware issue. Could it be that with BF2142 you got some driver installed? Also the BSOD message does give usually the indication what driver caused it. Look closely through the error screen when it appears for filename or error code.

#278 User is offline   teddeeh 

• PipPip

Posted 28 October 2006 - 11:04 AM

wasent in fact battlefield, it was a driver for my wireless adapter. stupid really, as i thought i had the latest drivers as i did have problems with my wireless not that long ago and thought i had the latest driers. esp. the fact that i hadnt had any problems with the drivers for months, and only now i get problems. but i have been running the mule for around 15 hours now, with no problems.. i hope.

thanks for the reply tho.

This post has been edited by teddeeh: 28 October 2006 - 11:05 AM

#279 User is offline   kar351 

• Pip

Posted 09 November 2006 - 10:08 AM

After reading all this thread and trying everything i cant still make emule work for long periods of time.

I have athlon 64 x2 4600+
Nividia 7900gt
a8n 32sli board
2gb ram kingston

my board and my video card are from asus.

WinXp SP2

Everything in my comp runs well except emule.

Also, this was happening just like 2 weeks ago.
I never had any problems untill now. Its getting a pain to download anything.
The comp after some time just freze.

Im not using nvidia firewall like some already mention, i use a pay version of panda and never got any problems.

For me, its a memory issue from emule and nothing related to malfunction of hardware of OS.

I managed to put emule 3 days ago working a full day and night cause i was using an autocliker and left it on test mode clicking every .5 secs.

I deleted everything and unistall emule, lost my downloads and installed emule .47c.

Also other versions and modes, like emule plus also crash.

Whats next?

#280 User is offline   barmaley 

• Pip

Posted 23 November 2006 - 05:27 PM

View Postkar351, on Nov 9 2006, 05:08 AM, said:

After reading all this thread and trying everything i cant still make emule work for long periods of time.

I have athlon 64 x2 4600+
Nividia 7900gt
a8n 32sli board
2gb ram kingston

my board and my video card are from asus.

WinXp SP2

Everything in my comp runs well except emule.

Also, this was happening just like 2 weeks ago.
I never had any problems untill now. Its getting a pain to download anything.
The comp after some time just freze.

Im not using nvidia firewall like some already mention, i use a pay version of panda and never got any problems.

For me, its a memory issue from emule and nothing related to malfunction of hardware of OS.

I managed to put emule 3 days ago working a full day and night cause i was using an autocliker and left it on test mode clicking every .5 secs.

I deleted everything and unistall emule, lost my downloads and installed emule .47c.

Also other versions and modes, like emule plus also crash.

Whats next?

Same stuff here on Asus P5W-DH Deluxe, Intel C2D E6600 @ 2.4GHz, 2Gb Corsair XMS2 DDR2 PC-5300, GB 7600 GS, XP SP2. I also have Panda Platinum 2006 and Marvell Yukon 88E8053 Gigabit Ethernet adapter.
Tried almost everything: other NIC, different drivers, different settings of Emule, disabled Panda - nothing helped.
The machine is stable by itself, memtest86 and Orthos didn't give any errors on 24 hrs run.

I'm running out of ideas, any help, suggestions?
TIA

• Member Options

• (18 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users