Official eMule-Board: Windows Xp/2000 Crashes - Official eMule-Board

• (18 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Windows Xp/2000 Crashes while using eMule ?

#221 User is offline   brunoaduarte 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 December 2005 - 03:56 PM

How can that be possible, most of the problems of this forum are related to computers that got no apparental problems, but are freezing ONLY when EMULE is started, and they say the problem isn't with EMULE. So we should state that EMULE will run normally only on lucky owners computers. I've done all these things, removed norton, updated network drivers, etc etc etc, but neither worked, a few minutes after a opened EMULE, its freezes and a reset is needed.

#222 User is offline   Dyvine 

• Pip

Posted 23 December 2005 - 05:41 AM

same here, crash when emule is open a few time later, if i don't open emule, no crash at all...

Blue screen and windows serious error. Version 0.46c

#223 User is offline   bounty vb 

• Lord of Noobs
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 December 2005 - 12:26 PM

oh well we can help you now, maybe we'll get it right after guessing 200 times :-k

could you try to give just a little more info then that?

This post has been edited by bounty vb: 25 December 2005 - 12:26 PM

Heeeerrrre's Bounty

#224 User is offline   Bad Sir Ivan 

• Pip

Posted 26 December 2005 - 06:28 AM

Hi, folks!

I've been dealing with blue screens and spontaneous reboots for over a month now. Too make a long story short, I tried every suggestion mentioned in this thread and then some. I eventually wiped my C: drive and did a fresh install of WinXP. After installing all the most recent drivers with next to nothing else but eMule installed, WinXP would still reboot itself.

At this point I started Googling eMule +(driver manufacturer). I found that, although there was nothing specific to my eMule version or driver version, Logitech mouse drivers had a history of causing reboots in WinXP. After taking out both my Logitech mouse and keyboard driver, I've been running eMule without any reboots for about seven hours now - a huge leap from the four or five minutes at a time that I've been able to run for the last month.

Seven hours may not be long enough to start shouting victory, but it is a good sign - and a good thing to look into if you are running any Logitech drivers.

*fingers crossed*

#225 User is offline   Bad Sir Ivan 

• Pip

Posted 26 December 2005 - 03:42 PM

:-1:

okay.... woke up to stop error this morning... so much for all the ra ra BS I posted last night. :furious:

#226 User is offline   HiryuXIII 

• PipPip

Posted 28 December 2005 - 06:37 AM

um hello, altho my emule ain't freezing at all(using .30e) back in 2004 when i registered here i upgraded my emule to 0.41 IIRC and it literally crippled anything related to online gaming and p2p(emule and others) for months(i couldn't run anything related to it because it froze, then i was forced to reboot the pc). I went back to emule 0.30 and things have been running smoothly; altho recently i switched to a router and emule is telling me to get a new version...i fear that i'll get the freezing problem and all my p2p and online gaming programs will bite it again.. :(

#227 User is offline   rustycaps 

• Pip

Posted 02 January 2006 - 02:06 PM

Possibly not related, but on topic I suppose - I've woken up to no network activity and had to reset the PC a few times (HDD light was going though) after leaving Emule on overnight (like you do). It wasn't until it did it again after a recent reinstall that I had a look at what else might be causing the BSOD (it was actually showing up one morning) and saw that the backups I'd scheduled for 4am weren't working, and to cut it short, I have a defrag program which has some sort of auto defrag routine it runs whenever it feels like, and that much have been trying to defrag the backup drive whilst trying to be used by windows and something had to give (backup files of 15gb+ of course, including entire Emule drive).

#228 User is offline   leomax 

• Pip

Posted 07 January 2006 - 07:33 PM

Hi all,
I have a problem with emule 0.46c crashing in win xp.And when the pc restarts ,it says it has recovered from a serious error.Later i found that a temp file is causing the crash.The file is actually downloaded 100% and shows Posted Image
like this when i start emule,then a small yellow line goes above the green bar and it starts from left (with lot of hard disk activity) and about when reaches the middle,the pc restarts.
I removed the particular the particular temp file and it doesnt crash anymore.
Is there a way to recover the file?
Sorry if its said before.

#229 User is offline   fiorettoe 

• Pip

Posted 08 January 2006 - 12:12 AM

Hi,

I have the same problem on winXP.

Sometimes emule crash the computer and I have to push the reset button on the case (Hard-Disk led off).
Often, after the reboot, I lose some part.met, and I have to repeat some dowload.

I tried all.

If I close emule none problem.

any idea?

Thanks

#230 User is offline   fiorettoe 

• Pip

Posted 08 January 2006 - 10:54 PM

Ok, I tried emule plus, and I have the same crash; but at least the software don't corrupt the .met file when I reboot...

Tomorrow I'll try other client software...

bye bye

#231 User is offline   Cardinal Fang 

• Pip

Posted 17 January 2006 - 04:33 PM

fiorettoe, on Jan 8 2006, 01:12 AM, said:

Hi,

I have the same problem on winXP.

Sometimes emule crash the computer and I have to push the reset button on the case (Hard-Disk led off).
Often, after the reboot, I lose some part.met, and I have to repeat some dowload.

I tried all.

If I close emule none problem.
View Post

Same problem here, but my pc (Windows XP sp2) just freezes, without answering to mouse/keyboard inputs. I have to reboot "manually".
But all was working perfectly since last week, until I decided to reinstall the o.s. (keeping my temp directory).
I have to do more experiments.
m.

#232 User is offline   fiorettoe 

• Pip

Posted 17 January 2006 - 06:35 PM

I have too to reboot manually.

Do you have a wi-fi ADSL network?

I should try to reinstall windows... :huh:

#233 User is offline   Cardinal Fang 

• Pip

Posted 18 January 2006 - 10:43 AM

fiorettoe, on Jan 17 2006, 07:35 PM, said:

I have too to reboot manually.

Do you have a wi-fi ADSL network?

I should try to reinstall windows... :huh:
View Post

No, I have a single pc connected via ethernet to the adsl modem.
I tried a workaround: I moved my temporary files to another directory, then uninstalled completely Emule 0.46c, including the configuration files; then reinstalled the 0.45b version, that was working perfectly until formatting.
Obviously, I specified to use the new temporary directory; now Emule is up since this morning... fingers crossed ^_^

I must add that before I had my temp directory into a Fat32 partition, now I moved it to an Ntfs one.

Hope this helps
m.

#234 User is offline   Cardinal Fang 

• Pip

Posted 19 January 2006 - 08:26 AM

Cardinal Fang, on Jan 18 2006, 11:43 AM, said:

Obviously, I specified to use the new temporary directory; now Emule is up since this morning... fingers crossed  ^_^

I must add that before I had my temp directory into a Fat32 partition, now I moved it to an Ntfs one.

Hope this helps
m.

Now Emule is online since YESTERDAY morning... so more than 24 hours. :clap:
I've forgotten to specify that I've applied the patch that increases the maximum connection number for Win XP.

m.

#235 User is offline   idoru2099 

• Pip

Posted 27 January 2006 - 02:11 AM

ok I've been experiencing these crashes and they were definately triggered by e-mule
But i've tried some stuff and finally managed to avoid the blue screens of destruction :P

What I've done is this :

1.Unistalled Norton Anti-virus and zone-alarm and used Bitdefender and outpost firewall
2.installed the latest drivers for my USB modem (USB modems suck!) :-1:

Nevertheless I EXPERIENCED ONE CRASH after this when i used e-mule... afterwards I've done some other changes but those 2 first stuff may have helped (or not) , I dunno...

Then I changed some things in the e-mule settings:
(keep in mind that I have a 384/128 dsl connection)

1.Changed Max sources/file [hard limit] from 500 to 300
2.Changed Connection Limits [max connections] from 400 to 200
3.Increased the update delay in statstics to 100sec

after this I haven't had any crashes :thumbup:

So maybe if nothing else works you should consider decreasing the max sources and connection limits (according to your connection)

Let's hope that after this post the "evil" computer god won't make me pay for my unfounded optimism and grant me another blue screen of death :worthy: :devil:

This post has been edited by idoru2099: 27 January 2006 - 02:14 AM

#236 User is offline   DonChino 

• Pip

Post icon  Posted 30 January 2006 - 04:12 PM

:clap: Well, I was having problems with eMule crashing my Windows 2003 Server with ZoneAlarm installed and I began turning everything OFF like most people reccomended. BUT, I decided to one night start checking to see if maybe it was the IRQ problem that some people mentioned because turning off ZoneAlarm REALLY DID NOT help solve the problem.

I hope other people follow suit and check their Device Manager settings and make sure the LAN NIC is using an IRQ all to itself because that has solved my problem. I updated the drivers for the NIC with the latest 2003 drivers and then made sure I used the NIC which had an IRQ all to itself, since I have an integrated port and a separate card. The integrated LAN port shared an IRQ with the USB controller and also was my WAN CONNECTION but when I switched the WAN CONNECTION to the DLink card, CPU utilization dropped to NEAR ZERO.

Now my server runs 24-7 with little to NO CPU utilization and NEVER crashes PLUS I have ZoneAlarm Security Suite running at FULL POWER... SWEETNESS!!! Thanks for suggesting looking at the IRQ problem because I suspect that is the problem with EVERYONE else's machine. Just have to start playing with your BIOS settings and check your DEVICE MANAGER under CONTROL PANEL - SYSTEM... Thanks... Now you guys can grab copies of all my stuff which is NOT copyrighted... :devil:

This post has been edited by DonChino: 30 January 2006 - 04:15 PM

#237 User is offline   xmonox 

• Pip

Posted 03 February 2006 - 12:25 AM

been running emule 46 c on my laptop (xp) without any problems using an external hard drive with norton on - no problems, then i switched to a tower with the same settings running 47a the problem now is that it crashes with in a minute of connecting. running the computer with other software works fine but but not with emule. trying all the suggestion before but don't see why this is happening now as it was running fine before i had my hard drive falure. i don't see how it can be a usb problem as the drive works fine connected to the computer and even setting emule as a low connection has had little effect. if it is a driver problem, i can't see which one would be. it had been running 24/7 befor the crash using a lan 4mb connection.

system settings.

amd 64 3700 xp home
asus premium mobo

thanks

#238 User is offline   xmonox 

• Pip

Posted 03 February 2006 - 02:43 PM

running emule 46c on tower without a crash so far so all i can say is 47a maybe has a bug in it somewhere.

#239 User is offline   mistertoad 

• PipPip

Posted 13 February 2006 - 05:14 AM

I'm having a strange new problem I never had before with occasional system reboots while running emule. Not connected to too many sources, or connections.

What's strange about this is that the thing will run fine for hours on end WHEN UNATTENDED, but when I come over to the thing to check it (which I love to do!), it tends to reboot only then.

Is there anything that could explain this strange behavior?

#240 User is offline   mistertoad 

• PipPip

Posted 13 February 2006 - 11:54 AM

Really?

I just did my usual routine, the panda anti-virus scan at the end revealed no viruses

• Member Options

• (18 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users