I've been running eMule for months now.
0.30e was awesome, great speeds up and down. I'm on a 576/288 dsl line, I know wierd speeds, blame BT Broadband
As soon as I upgraded to 0.42d the ONLY problem I've had is bad download speeds. I used to average 50-60K down and a solid 30 up. With this new eMule I get a max of around 40 down and 15 up.
I have noticed when I check my network properties that there is ALOT of other network activity, it seems eMule is using more bandiwidth than what it states.
For example, when eMule says it's downloading at 30K in the network properties it shows 60k.
My dad on the other hand, has a brand new system and he's constantly getting BSOD's upto 5 a day.
But I've been running a firewall and antivirus software since the beginning and eMule has NEVER acted bad with it. Current uptime = 2days 16:11:25
This post has been edited by Biosphere: 21 March 2004 - 10:06 AM