Official eMule-Board: Why Are My Downloads So Slow. (7/22/03) - Official eMule-Board

• (13 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Why Are My Downloads So Slow. (7/22/03)

#21 User is offline   Andu 

• Morph Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 February 2004 - 02:09 AM

mark_hill, on Jan 28 2004, 11:22 PM, said:

In my firewall TCP ports 4661 / 4662 / 4711 are open for emule. But as I get a high ID the firewall has probably nothing to do with it...

You forgot to forward 4672 for UDP and 4711 is only needed if you are using or planing to use the web interface.

That will not have any big influence on your dls but maybe you may get sources a little bit faster.
Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Dark Lord of the Forum

Morph your Mule

Need a little help with your MorphXT? Click here

#22 User is offline   rUfUnKy 

• Pip

Posted 07 February 2004 - 02:36 AM

Thanks for the reply Andu, I did forward UPD ports 4672 I didn't mention in the above post because I was trying to make it as brief as possable and figured I'd just let people know I followed the forums guide for Linksys BEFSR41. (in the link posted above) . any other suggetions??

#23 User is offline   rUfUnKy 

• Pip

Posted 07 February 2004 - 02:58 AM

OK now one PC (out of my two PC network) is able to achieve a hi ID but the other can't. Could it have something to do with the way my network is setup? In the network wizard I chose "This computer connects to the Internet through another computer on my network or through a residential gateway" for both.

EDIT: OK so I dont have to make another post ;) ... I discovered under the DHCP tab / DHCP client table / There is only one Client Hostname. That is the one that I am getting the high ID with. Shouldn't both PC's be listed there?

This post has been edited by rUfUnKy: 07 February 2004 - 03:40 AM

#24 User is offline   toidy 

• Pip

Posted 07 February 2004 - 04:28 PM

After running the network setup wizard in Windows XP Pro, an extra service called Deterministic Network Enhancer was added.
DELETE THIS SERVICE!
It caused me to have lowID. By deleting this service, effectively restoring my computer to the state before running the wizard, i recovered my HighID.

#25 User is offline   Rajab 

• Pip

Posted 12 February 2004 - 12:32 PM

Good morning, anyones here understand portuguese language?

#26 User is offline   E-Noob 

• Pip

Posted 17 February 2004 - 01:30 AM

Guys, I have scoured the net, read 1000 reviews, sat here many a night playing with upload/download speeds, and the best download speeds I have achieved are when I simply use the wizard to setup my connection and just leave my pc alone for 1 week...

OK, one tweak, on a 576/288 DSL USB modem, I've found setting UL to 19 k/b limit works my connection nice with all the overheads...

Forget USS, forget listening to all those "I have 10,000 connections set" losers, the wizard is the way forward, and a bit of patience...

#27 User is offline   isthisheavan 

• Pip

Posted 20 February 2004 - 08:06 PM

I just want to say thank you for this particular sticky post. I had trouble downloading files. I was always waiting and if they did start it would only be 0.01 kbps. LOL UNTIL I read this sticky, after I read it I tested my connection and entered the results into the connection wizard and WALLAH! I had a decent consistent connection. Which I may say isnt the greatest but considering the information in this sticky I now know why I wont get the file in 1 day. LOL These are huge files being shared and alot of people are online trying to get same file I understand all that now and my experience with emule is now a more pleasurable one. And my download speed is at 7.7 kB/s to 11.0 kB/s. And it varies from time to time but hey its better than 0.01kB/s! LOL Thank you so much for this sticky topic! :thumbup:

#28 User is offline   hermione_wealsey34 

• Pip

Posted 28 February 2004 - 05:08 AM

It's not so much for me the amont of speed for me just how long it takes to start the downloading process! But I have fond that you have to choose an item that not many people are also downloading. That has helped me the most.

#29 User is offline   aquasesh 

• Pip

Post icon  Posted 29 February 2004 - 03:33 AM

Supply and Demand
The fact is, total upload = total download within a network. A large portion of the users in the network are DSL type users with connections that can download at speeds over 100Kb/s but can only upload at about 12Kb/s. So, lets say this is a perfect world and everyone is uploading at their max of 12Kb/s. This means everyone is downloading at 12Kb/s no matter how fast you are capable of downloading!! But this isn't a perfect world. So, sometimes you will download at a fast pace at the expense of someone else downloading at a slower pace.. And at other times, you will download at a slow pace, while others download at a fast pace.

Im not sure if i understand right...my mate is uploading with 8-11kb/s but downloading with up to 60kb/s at the same time...so how can ul be dl?
and if this is true than im on the bad end of the line, because i have 256/64 DSL and could never get nice download rates...
:cry2:

#30 User is offline   superblaat 

• Pip

Posted 01 March 2004 - 09:08 PM

You're thinking on the wrong scale here.

In any network the TOTAL download speed can never exceed the TOTAL upload speed. Simply because for every donwloaded mb there has to be somebody uploading that mb to you.

The reason for your friend's high download speed is propbably that he had a lot of credit built up (by uploading a lot, before he started the download), this causes him to take percedence over other users in queue's, which makes for a faster download.

#31 User is offline   nihil 

• Pip

Posted 08 March 2004 - 05:15 PM

Is it my impression (or network) or recently things began to get slower than usual? I usually connect to Razorback, because the large amount of files... and I spent clearly more than 90% of recent time only uploading...

#32 User is offline   skull88 

• Pip

Posted 08 March 2004 - 06:29 PM

[SIZE=7]System Specs
Windows XP Home SP1
Pentium 4 2.8ghz
1GB Ram
Radeon 9800 Graphics card(if it matters)
DSL 850kbits (dl) and 100kbits(ul) 106kb/16kb
eMule v0.42b( I have a High ID)
Use port 4662

:( Guys i have done everything in this forum and in the eMule guides and my downloads are still really bad(less then 10k) on my DSL.On other filesharing clients my downloads are usually 30-100k.My uploads are at maximum efficiency. If anyone has any ideas please i beg you help me. :cry2:

#33 User is offline   Foolmonkey 

• PipPip

Posted 09 March 2004 - 04:14 PM

Yes mate you are right,
There have been a number of threads relating to a recent "slump" in download speed.
The techies on this forum are ignoring it .... as they probably think its a newbie issue, and they are above such topics.
There is a definate correlation between recent download performance and the introduction of the new client.

see this thread....
http://forum.emule-p...showtopic=41512

#34 User is offline   blacktddup 

• Pip

Posted 10 March 2004 - 12:02 AM

Once I thought I'd tweak my setting to decrease the load that e-mule imposed on my pc. I set Max.Connection to 100. I forgot about it and for days I couldn't download more than 40-50k/s (I've got 10Mbps so that's really slow).

Then one day I set max.connections to 5000 (just for a try). In les than 5' I was downloading at 180K/s. And my upload was 10k/s.

It helps of course that I'm online all the time so I rise in people's queues. And I've uploaded about 200GB in total. So I've got a good upload history. But my ratio is not good (DL/UL: 1/1.2).

So my point is that it's not the client's fault or anything wrong with the available bandwidth (like kazaa being so weak anymore). I think it's a matter of setting and patience.

my 2 cents.

#35 User is offline   snakefoot 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2004 - 08:13 PM

Uses port 4662

:( Guys i have done everything in this forum

You forgot to read the thread provided in the first post about changing your port to something different than 4662 as many ISP uses bandwidth limiter on this port, giving sloppy upload and download.

This post has been edited by snakefoot: 10 March 2004 - 08:20 PM

#36 User is offline   Rikko789 

• Pip

Posted 12 March 2004 - 05:24 PM

I think your firewall block emule tcp frames.
What firewall do you uses?
look in the blocked packet view ... what can u see?

try agnitum firewall with all rights to emule ... it should work my friend ... :-)

#37 User is offline   punkymt1 

• PipPip

Posted 15 March 2004 - 09:01 AM

Hello, I have been using emule for about 1 year with a cable connection. Now I switched to a 128/64 adsl connection. I have High ID and no problems regarding connection to servers. My only problem is that my dowload speed never exceeds 5kb/s when it is supposed to reach 12kb/s. :furious: Can anybody tell me how can I solve this? My hard limit and max connections are 300 & 250 respectively. Max connections / 5 secs is 20.

Respond quickly please. 10x a lot.

#38 User is offline   tethgirl 

• Pip

Posted 15 March 2004 - 12:35 PM

edited

This post has been edited by tethgirl: 17 March 2004 - 09:04 PM

#39 User is offline   chucky909 

• Pip

Posted 15 March 2004 - 09:36 PM

What Happened?
I've upgraded to v.42d from .3something, and now I can't download at all. (Naturally, I can't find the old version available anywhere)

I've got high ID, and yes, I've left my emule going for over a day.
My upload:download is 647:1 (!!!!!!!)

I've uploaded 168 MB, downloaded 251 KB

Sources for a lot of the files I'm going after are up at ~350+ sources available (though I admin many read this "too many connections" error.

I wouldn't write if I didn't believe this was a version problem, as up until a week ago when I "upgraded", downloads were flying.

Can anyone help?

#40 User is offline   MonkeyBite 

• PipPip

Posted 17 March 2004 - 05:45 AM

That's pretty bad. I've noticed lately for the past few sessions (maybe 6 or 7 at 2 days a piece) I've been getting something in the neighborhood of 8:1. Right now I'm uploading at 90 and downloading at 0. Sessional average right now is 3.14 GB to 380 MB. That's just not right.

• Member Options

• (13 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users