Official eMule-Board: Official eMule for Mac uers ! - Official eMule-Board

Page 1 of 1

Official eMule for Mac uers !

#1 User is offline   zepretender 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 15 October 2003 - 12:39 PM

Hi !

Is there a eMule version for Mac users ??? There are some softwares that acces to eDonkey network (such mlDonkey) but it's not eMule and its great GUI and features. :(

eMule developpers shouldn't forget non-windows users (Linux or Mac OS X) : they can share a lot of things !

If emule dev. have their own network, how non-windows user will access to it if there is no eMule version for their platform ????

Thank you ! :(

#2 User is offline   Jaloon 

• Magnificent Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 October 2003 - 12:54 PM

We got lmule/xmule that is able to run on Mac/Linux platforms.
However, it is not offical but it runs.
Sooner or later, the sister projects will add in the new network functions as soon as it becomes stable.

#3 User is offline   ViR2 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 October 2003 - 03:21 PM

Im using eDonkey hybrid on my G4, but it would be great to use eMule on it too :)

#4 User is offline   Unknown1 

• Wanna be Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 15 October 2003 - 07:31 PM

Can't you run WINE on the MAC? My understanding is eMule runs fine through WINE.. I haven't tried though...

#5 User is offline   eisa01 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 October 2003 - 02:28 PM

You should try mlMac. It is a GUI for the mlDonkey core. And it's really easy to use :thumbup:

#6 User is offline   zepretender 

• Pip

Posted 19 October 2003 - 05:37 PM

I use MlMac, but it acces only to eDonkey network... if eMule dev created their own network, mlMac will be useless...

Zep

#7 User is offline   alvo_ambulante-BR 

• PipPip

Posted 20 October 2003 - 04:27 AM

@zepretender:
I think you should do what Jaloon said, try using lMule, xMule or xMule v2. As for mldonkey, there's a new GUI being developed. AFAIK it's already working, haven't checked it.
Don't worry for now about the new network, even when it's ready, I don't think people will just leave the servers really soon. The major problem with mldonkey is that it seems almost abandoned, they did a bugfix release some time ago, but I haven't seen a major release for almost an year, I think. Keep an eye on alternative projects at sourceforge.net, there's some work on both Java and C# clients out there.

@Unknown1:
WINE can only run Windows binaries on x86 machines. It's an alternative implementation of some of the Windows' APIs, not an emulator of the IA-32. To run eMule on another architecture, you'll either need a port of it, or an emulator or simulator of the IA-32 and a copy of Windows installed on it. The way to go is using some other port that does not relies on Windows APIs or to try to compile both WINE and eMule natively on a Mac, then link them, if they actually compile.

I never compiled eMule and linked it against WINE on Linux (on my x86 machine), but if it can be done, chances are that it may work on PPC Linux and MacOS X too.

• Member Options

Page 1 of 1

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users