1. would it be possible, imagine one is surfing a website on the phone, and then when one clicks on a ed2k:// link in the phone it would load in MobileMule to immediatly start the download on the remote emule-computer..
No this is unfortunatly impossible. It would be possible to add an function to MobileMule (or a seperate applet) for example to show or add sharereactor releases form their website/feed however due to legal reasons I'll not add this.
2. For some people there is still an expensive Megabyte traffic price on mobile-phones.. Could the MobilEmule be able to calculate how much traffic it generates to and from the phone in kilobytes, like a per session and cumultative.. So one can maybe think again about loading too many preview images for downloaded video.. if it starts costing too much..
Hmm well this is limited possible I think. I'm not sure if I can get the exact number for I probably cannot get the header length. But most phones do already have such a counter included.
As a sidenote: the bandwidthneed of MobileMule is very small and mostly a query (one 'Please wait..') causes about 400-800 bytes (including headers, 50-400 bytes without header) and a session 1 to max 10KB (depends how many files you have in your downloadlist and how much options you choose) traffic. The only exception are screenshots which are 5 - ~15KB (depends on your display size).
3. Would be cool if Emule could re-encode short part of the video to .3gp or .mp4 video (176x144 resolution, lower than 100kbit/s bitrate with AAC sound) and be able to send that to the phone when one wants to try and preview a downloading video or a downloaded video.. One could then set the length of a sample one wants to preview..
Hmm transfering a complete video per WAP is very expensiv and takes a lot time. Also there is no player class in java integrated so I cannot directly play videos there.
4. Does the video preview now just take the first frame right.. and clicking on next img it takes the next frame right.. would be nice to be able to get the prog to take a random frame in first 10 seconds of the video or specify where in the video the emule should take and send the snapshot..
currently the first frame is about from first 4 mins of the video and every 'next' screenshot some minutes later (not sure on the exact times atm). However it would be also possible to let the user choose the excact postion, maybe this will be added.
5. Controlling Shared Files.. Be able to browse ones computer to share and unshare specific directories on-demand.. Also be able to see the list of shared files and change priorities like it's possible in Emule.
Yes I'll think about it. However it is very uncompfortable to manage for example 100 files on your small phone screen.
6. Maybe it be possible to chat in the Emule's IRC from the phone? (or maybe a specific IRC-only client for the phone would make more sence..
there are already IRC clients for mobile phones. however it is impossible that such a programm works with a wap gateway and it will also not work with most phones (for it needs a permanent connection with a fixed ip). there are possibilites to use a poll protocol so that you use a Gateway and so that it works with most phones, however this has other disadvantages (for example more traffic, you need a special server application etc). Anyway this is currently no option for MobileMule.
7. then maybe also work with the friends in the Friends list, chat with them, see their shared files.. and stuff..
This is possibil but I'm not sure if really needed
I'll think about it when other things are done.
8. Save several IPs/IDs and their passwords so one can choose from a drop-down list to which Emule client to connect to.. So one can easilly control several Emule clients at the same time.. maybe someway also that the several clients could talk to each other so one could get overall statistics and status overview for all ones clients.. (practical for someone who releases a file using for example several ADSL connections)
this is also theortical possible but very
specialized and only needed from very few users.
9. I haven't checked Emule+, And yeah it'd be nice if Emule could send a message to MobilEmule or an email to a specific email-adress with info when a file is finished downloading, or when a specified amount of data is uploaded or downloaded.. or when one gets a message from a Emule-friend..
well this function could be merged from eMule plus.... will see.
10. maybe it could calculate and tell the total size of shared content, or files that are downloading (how much space they take up in Emule's Temp folder)..
Yes this is possible and could be added to an advanced statistic screen. I think this will be done by time.
11. In status overview, could it be possible to have the "U:" and "D:" values update every 10 seconds or so.. if just they update, it might not generate that much traffic.. or if one could click "refresh values" and that Status Overview page would refresh.. instead of one need to click "Back" and go back on Status Overview.
The traffic for those two values is ~8 bytes but the header per query are 400-500 bytes. Thats why MobileMule does as few queries as possible.
This post has been edited by MobileMule: 10 November 2003 - 11:06 PM