Official eMule-Board: All Riaa/mpaa Legal Problem - Talk Here. (7/28/03) - Official eMule-Board

• (54 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

All Riaa/mpaa Legal Problem - Talk Here. (7/28/03) All other threads will be locked.

#1041 User is offline   Raf69ella 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 August 2008 - 05:07 PM

Explain to me meanings of illegal ?

why is this sharing community exist ? For what ? To share files. Share FOR FREAKING FREE. What kind of copyrights violations we are talking about ??? If I give my dvd's to my next door friend, and he give me some for exchange - IS IT VIOLATION FOR COPYRIGHTS ?????? should i contact each time hollywood to ask premission to give my dvd's to my neighbours ??? Or to sell used dvd's/vhs on garage sale ????? What are you talking about ? Who got cought ??????

#1042 User is offline   Raf69ella 

• Pip

Posted 06 August 2008 - 05:14 PM

I just want to tell one thing - THERE IS NO DEMOCRACY IN NORTH AMERICA!!! THERE IS TOTALITARIAN SOCIETY WITH ABSOLUTELY NO PRIVACY WHAT'S SO EVER. NO HUMANE RIGHTS LEFT HERE. STALIN AND HITLER WERE KIDS COMPARING TO WHAT IS GOING ON HERE AND NOW. ISP'S ARE SPYING ON THEIR CUSTOMERS, EVERYBODY SPYING ON EVERYBODY. AND PEOPLE ARE SIMPLY TOLERATING THIS HORRIBLE REALITY WHERE EVERYBODY ARE SLAVES TO BANKERS AND CORPORATIONS. PEOPLE ! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU ??? AT LEAST BE FARE - DONT TRY TO LIE TO YOURSELF !

#1043 User is offline   Dick_Manitoba 

• Nyet Nyet Soviet Soviet Jewellery
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 August 2008 - 05:23 PM

Welcome to Canada :) Enjoy the democratic republic of China Olympics while you are here. If win any medals, well, it's just a mistake.

Visit PunkHistoryCanada.ca and enjoy it's music at PHC Radio. Listen now!
::How To:: Learn about IP filters and fake files :: Info & Lists of Real and Fake servers
Remove Fake Servers & get good ones :: Post pictures on the web, no registration req'd
::Helpful sites:: DVD tools, tutorials, etc :: VLC video without codecs :: Codec info & downloads
GSpot Codec IDer :: Can't delete Locked files? :: Freedb aware players
::Free Virus Scans:: Trend Micro Housecall, Panda ActiveScan, Kaspersky Virusscanner, BitDefender
::My Favorite Applications::
::Archives:: IZarc : 7-Zip : WinRAR : WinACE : Any-OS Zip Tools and Source code - Info-ZIP
::Audio:: EAC : LAME : MP3 Book Helper (Tags etc)

#1044 User is offline   moloko+ 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 August 2008 - 05:30 PM

View PostRaf69ella, on Aug 7 2008, 03:07 AM, said:

Explain to me meanings of illegal ?

why is this sharing community exist ? For what ? To share files. [...]

Edit the file name in your original post in accordance to forum rules and calm down. Just asking you to respect the forum.
http://forum.emule-p...?showtopic=6896

View PostRaf69ella, on Aug 7 2008, 03:14 AM, said:

I just want to tell one thing - THERE IS NO DEMOCRACY IN NORTH AMERICA!!! [...] AT LEAST BE FARE - DONT TRY TO LIE TO YOURSELF !

Yeah, I might even agree with you on another occasion, but this is not the place for political rants. We aren't your "enemy."

Google a conspiracy forum where you can blow off some steam.

/edit: link

This post has been edited by moloko+: 06 August 2008 - 05:37 PM

#1045 User is offline   Raf69ella 

• Pip

Post icon  Posted 10 August 2008 - 02:57 AM

Plz people, tell me how to encrypt E-mule ??? I want to download files, but I dont need any more of any stupid "letterz"...

#1046 User is offline   LorenzoC 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 August 2008 - 07:45 AM

You haven't understood the point.

P2P means the two peers connect each other using their IP address.
Plus, every client that has got at least a complete "chunk" of a file is a source.

Put together these two things and you get:
1. Any "police" just have to make a search over the network to get what clients are "sources" of a file.
2. The file is identified by its unique file-hash so the "police" don't have to download anything to prove that.
3. Each client is identified by its own IP address, the "police" just need to ask the ISP to tell who was connected that day with that IP address.

Encryption is useless because the information listed above cannot be hide that way.
You should instead use "nodes" (other clients) to forward the traffic between the two ends of every connection, that way the IP address of sources can be hidden. Unfortunately this means a ridiculous waste of bandwidth, so the network would be slowered so much that it is not practical.

Here were I live a private company that would want to go after "pirates" must open a lawsuit and ask the judge to collect the above information following the law. They can't collect the information by themselves (I mean, they can physically but then they can't threat people). So far the "Justice" decided to prosecute only "pirates" who made a business of it.

This post has been edited by LorenzoC: 10 August 2008 - 09:18 AM

#1047 User is offline   adrianbean 

• Pip

Post icon  Posted 29 August 2008 - 02:02 PM

Hi,

Having just receiving a bill for £565 from Davenport Lyons, being accused (falsely) of downloading a PSP game, I was wondering if anybody knows of any software that works with eMule that allows you to hide your IP address. Any help would be gratefully accepted.

Regards.

-= The Ade =-

#1048 User is offline   qm2003 

• V.I.P. (Volatile Indifferent Puppet)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2008 - 02:05 PM

Read the rules !

I suggest you search for a p2p news and discussion website that has less strict rules.

Maybe "Slyck" or something like that.
How to setup Emule. A small checklist | Schmu's MuleDoc
P2P is not piracy, it's marketing.
In fact, if your music or movie is NOT being downloaded, you should be WORRIED !
If you can't even give it away for free, how do you expect to sell it, stupid ?

I'm a bloodsucking fiend. Look at my outfit !

#1049 User is offline   Rekrul 

• Magnificent Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 October 2008 - 05:20 AM

View PostRaf69ella, on Aug 9 2008, 09:57 PM, said:

Plz people, tell me how to encrypt E-mule ??? I want to download files, but I dont need any more of any stupid "letterz"...

View Postadrianbean, on Aug 29 2008, 09:02 AM, said:

Having just receiving a bill for £565 from Davenport Lyons, being accused (falsely) of downloading a PSP game, I was wondering if anybody knows of any software that works with eMule that allows you to hide your IP address. Any help would be gratefully accepted.

IP addresses are the "phone numbers" of the internet. Every computer connected to the net has one and they're how other computers know to send data to your system instead of to the guy down the street.

Can you call someone without knowing their phone number? Can someone call you without knowing your phone number?

Then what makes either of you think that people on a file sharing network can connect to your computer and upload files to you without knowing your IP address?

Here's a tip: They can't.

The only way to hide your IP address is to go through another computer so that its IP address shows up instead of yours. This is called a "proxy" and it makes that computer a target for the anti-piracy groups. When they come knocking the people running the proxy will pull out their logs and say "Nope, it wasn't us, it was this IP address here." at which point they will have your IP address and can identify you.

If you're connecting to another user and transferring data, you can be tracked.

The only way to be completely safe (well, mostly) is to not download copyrighted files, especially not recent ones, through file sharing networks like eMule.

#1050 User is offline   PandamanCanada 

• Pip

Posted 01 December 2008 - 10:58 PM

Wow...a perfectly reasoned and appropriate response...there are risks here, people

#1051 User is offline   Web_Master™ 

• PipPip

Posted 21 December 2008 - 04:22 PM

Music Industry to Abandon Mass Suits

^_^

#1052 User is offline   tonyroberts09 

• Pip

Posted 08 January 2009 - 07:07 PM

ok i get what you are saying, well you got my ip form a log (takeing a guess) and i know the servers keep logs so would the RIAA have to set up a server and see what is going throw or will they have to "ask" the other servers for there logs?
tonyroberts09

#1053 User is offline   xscarab 

• Mrs Chief Mumpopo 'Monkeyballs' Umboga III
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2009 - 11:32 AM

Frederik Neij, Gottfrid Svartholm Warg, Carl Lundstrom and Peter Sunde were found guilty of breaking copyright law and were sentenced to a year in jail.

They were also ordered to pay 30m kronor (£2.4m) in damages.

source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/

bugger! :shock: :lol:

Not sure I was expecting that verdict - I thought the swedes had a bit more sense than some other countries. oh well. good luck to them when they appeal. Better file for bankruptcy while they're at it?

not sure if this belongs in ot&w, the riaa topic or where, but for sure it relates to file sharing, and some peeps might have opinions about it.
Are we nearly there yet?

#1054 User is offline   LorenzoC 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2009 - 12:02 PM

Looks like server-based networks cannot survive. Not exactly new, is it.

This post has been edited by LorenzoC: 17 April 2009 - 12:04 PM

#1055 User is offline   Aggravated 

• Magnificent Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 17 April 2009 - 12:35 PM

Tomas Norström :hammer2:

Per Claréus :furious:

Britt Tryding :argue:

Inge Gustafsson :ranting:

Clarence Bohlin :-1:

Who do you think will be the first to kick the bucket? :gun:
๑۩۞۩๑ Aggravated ๑۩۞۩๑

#1056 User is offline   moloko+ 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2009 - 02:49 PM

:o They're in jail.

Let's wait and see once they make their appeal. On another note, The Pirate Party will probably get a lot more support in the EU.

#1057 User is offline   fabtar 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 April 2009 - 08:02 PM

View Postmoloko+, on Apr 17 2009, 02:49 PM, said:

:o They're in jail.

Let's wait and see once they make their appeal. On another note, The Pirate Party will probably get a lot more support in the EU.

As usual I have opened a useless thread and after I have noticed the fact is already pointed:
http://forum.emule-p...howtopic=144652

#1058 User is offline   leny3 

• i want to be a tree
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2009 - 07:38 PM

wtf lolololol
It's Better To Be Ridicules Than Absolutely Boring !

#1059 User is offline   LarsHansenDK 

• Pip

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:48 PM

Hello

I'm here in search of an official statement from the developers, or someone in the appropriate position.
I'm currently part of a trial against a person, who is charged with distributing/sharing/uploading illegal files from his computer to other users of eMule.

This trial only concerns the distribution of files, and not the download hereof. Just to make that clear.

As i've seen, from browsing the internet, and from downloading the application myself (eMule) it seems impossible for me to disable sharing.
If it is indeed impossible, using only the options the application is born with, to disable the sharing of files already downloaded and/or put in the shared folder, this would benefit the case in such a way that the person in question would have a greater chance of a lower sentence.

How would i go about getting an official statement about this? - Or is it impossible?

Best regards,

Lars Hansen

#1060 User is offline   tHeWiZaRdOfDoS 

• Man, what a bunch of jokers...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2011 - 06:31 PM

As a modder, I hope I'm in an "appropriate position"... anyways:

The default client requires its users to share what they download, at least if it's above the chunksize (9.28MB) and as long as at least 1 chunk has been completely downloaded as smaller files can only be shared once the file has been downloaded completely... that's the whole point with a P2P (sharing) tool.
There are modifications out there (aka "leecher mods") that circumvent that "need" or the need to upload at all... there are also (legal) mods out there that allow sharing of files below the chunksize, though.
If skilled enough, one could also write a simple app or batch file to move downloaded files from the incoming folder once they complete to prevent them from being shared after having downloaded them.

I wonder, though, why that behaviour should lower the sentence!? Downloading and thus spreading copyrighted material is known to be against the law - it doesn't matter if your client had to spread the files he was downloading in order to illegally obtain them - he knew that it was illegal and thus any sentence that a judge sees to be justified has to be accepted.

This post has been edited by tHeWiZaRdOfDoS: 10 April 2011 - 06:32 PM

• Member Options

• (54 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users