Official eMule-Board: Port Forwarding Help! D-Link Dir-825Ac - Official eMule-Board

Page 1 of 1

Port Forwarding Help! D-Link Dir-825Ac The open port are not reachable on D-Link DIR-825AC

#1 User is offline   xxxololoxxx 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 April 2016 - 02:42 PM

Hi all,
im at a loss and dont know what to do anymore, hope someone here can finally help me figure this out.

Ass the topic says i need help in port forwarding, but im not a newbie at this and still can seem to forward those damn ports.

Ive been using emule something like a decade, so as i said, port forwarding for it isn't a new thing to me, but since ive changed the ISP and got this new router (D-Link DIR-825AC), the open ports cant be reached.
Ill list all of the thing ive tried to do (maybe ive missed something).

The static IP is set up.
Tried to open the ports using the usual way, through virtual server setup in the routers menu -> dosnt work.
Tried using the UPnP setting -> doesn't work.
Tried turning the DMZ option ON -> doesn't work.
Tried to play with the IP and MAC filters -> doesn't work.
Tried turning the firewall of WIN and the AV off -> doesn't work.
And of course various combinations of the things listed above

OS is WIN 7 home premium 64.
Using the same client for years, worked fine up until the new ISP and router change.

Im not familiar with this routers interface but google didn't help, so maybe im missing something in the configuration.

PLS HELP!

This post has been edited by xxxololoxxx: 21 April 2016 - 03:45 PM

#2 User is offline   xilolee 

• eMule 0.50b BETA1 user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Italian Moderators

Posted 21 April 2016 - 04:41 PM

Hi xxxololoxxx.

First thing to know is if the ISP gives you a PUBLIC IP or not.
For more informations, check Low Id With D-Link Dsl 2750E (click), especially 21st and 23rd posts.
INCONCEIVABLE! - You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
come ottenere aiuto italian guides - guide della sezione italiana
italian support - sezione italiana scaricare la lista server
ottenere id alto impostare le porte nel router
recuperare file corrotti i filtri ip
Sembra talco ma non č serve a darti l'allegrIa! Se lo lanci e poi lo respiri ti dā subito l'allegrIa! Posted Image

#3 User is offline   xxxololoxxx 

• Pip

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:41 PM

tnx, so ive checked the IP address, how can i know if its public or not?
It starts with 188.xxx.xxx.xxx

#4 User is offline   xilolee 

• eMule 0.50b BETA1 user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:57 PM

Paste it in your browser address bar and see if it asks you user name and password (of your router):

View Postxilolee, on 25 October 2015 - 08:05 PM, said:

This is what you should get, if you have a public IP:
Spoiler

If that shouldn't work:

View Postxilolee, on 25 October 2015 - 08:16 PM, said:

Call your ISP to see if they can change this situation.
They could do it for free, or under payment, or they couldn't do it at all.
You can also examine/check/read your ISP website first, before you call it: it eventually could have a FAQ section regarding that problem.

This post has been edited by xilolee: 26 April 2016 - 01:38 PM

INCONCEIVABLE! - You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Sembra talco ma non č serve a darti l'allegrIa! Se lo lanci e poi lo respiri ti dā subito l'allegrIa! Posted Image

#5 User is offline   xxxololoxxx 

• Pip

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:20 PM

Working on something else, missed the "paste" part :-k
tnx again!

I'll check it out.

#6 User is offline   xSTHNSx 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 April 2016 - 06:07 AM

Ok lets make this very simple. First of all you just switched ISP, correct? and they sent you new modem(gateway router). Now what do we know? we know that ~Mule client was fully functional before that? If thats the case then the setting for it is fixed on the device which the client was deployed on. So only thing you need to change in this case is the gateway. Now can you please post your full cone nat/pat from the modem by logging in and post back here. Chances are if the modem has built in IDS/Firewall you have to also allow full traffic passthough which depends how complex the setup is as you can have QoS/Packet Mangle based on the RouterOS/Frim. So post back and ill see.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   xxxololoxxx 

• Pip

Posted 26 April 2016 - 09:20 AM

Well i guess that ill have to give my ISP a call about my IP address (getting the "Site cant be reached").

View PostxSTHNSx, on 22 April 2016 - 09:07 AM, said:

Ok lets make this very simple. First of all you just switched ISP, correct? and they sent you new modem(gateway router). Now what do we know? we know that ~Mule client was fully functional before that? If thats the case then the setting for it is fixed on the device which the client was deployed on. So only thing you need to change in this case is the gateway. Now can you please post your full cone nat/pat from the modem by logging in and post back here. Chances are if the modem has built in IDS/Firewall you have to also allow full traffic passthough which depends how complex the setup is as you can have QoS/Packet Mangle based on the RouterOS/Frim. So post back and ill see.

As you probably guessed my networking skills are limited (had everything i needed working up until now), ill appreciate it if you could elaborate a bit more about what you need me to do.

#8 User is offline   xilolee 

• eMule 0.50b BETA1 user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2016 - 01:35 PM

Even if one can always try his best to set up the router and the firewall, if the ISP doesn't give a real public IP, messing with the router settings (port forwarding/virtual server) won't help.
That's why we should know that thing for first.

• Member Options

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users