Official eMule-Board: Default Folders - Official eMule-Board

Page 1 of 1

Default Folders What are the default folders created?

#1 User is offline   moorlok 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 April 2016 - 08:37 AM

Wondering can anyone tell me what the default folders created on a Linux Fedora system are? I have just moved away from a Windoze system and not knowing my way round the Fedora system too well yet I was wondering where all the download & upload folders are?

Thanks in advance for any help :confused:

moorlok :unsure:

#2 User is offline   Zangune 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2016 - 09:09 AM

Welcome, eMule does not run on any operating system but Windows, so either you are talking about another program or you installed a fake eMule, but I believe you are talking about aMule (A mule).
If you are talking about aMule please check their website, in particular here. In that page you can read that the default directories paths are:

~/.aMule/Temp
~/.aMule/Incoming

Please note that ~ means "home directory" (in example /home/moorlok) and if a directory name starts with a dot (.) then the directory is hidden (it will not be shown in the file browser by default).

This post has been edited by Zangune: 04 April 2016 - 09:09 AM

#3 User is offline   moorlok 

• Pip

Posted 04 April 2016 - 09:17 AM

View PostZangune, on 04 April 2016 - 10:09 AM, said:

Welcome, eMule does not run on any operating system but Windows, so either you are talking about another program or you installed a fake eMule, but I believe you are talking about aMule (A mule).
If you are talking about aMule please check their website, in particular here. In that page you can read that the default directories paths are:

~/.aMule/Temp
~/.aMule/Incoming

Please note that ~ means "home directory" (in example /home/moorlok) and if a directory name starts with a dot (.) then the directory is hidden (it will not be shown in the file browser by default).

Thankyou Zangune, yes sorry it is Amule! (I'm still in Windoze mode at times) :cry:

Thanks
moorlok

:respect:

#4 User is offline   Zangune 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2016 - 10:44 AM

You are welcome!

#5 User is offline   xSTHNSx 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 April 2016 - 11:40 AM

What Zangune said was correct as you would see it under (/home/$USR/.aMule) which is broken down in (./Incoming) and (./Temp) dirs. When you start downloading the parts files are allocated under (./Temp) and when its completed its moved to (./Incoming). Now thing to consider is when you install the package if you allowed it to be deployed under all user or just selected user default amuled is also created. Alternative location in that case is (/var/lib/amuled/.aMule) for absolute path as it wouldn’t be running as root (never run it as root) or any other user but operating as service. So just remember to have correct permission to view the files as it will be under group of whoever downloaded it.
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   moorlok 

• Pip

Posted 05 April 2016 - 06:19 AM

Thankyou for that xSTHNSx :thumbup:

moorlok :respect:

#7 User is offline   xSTHNSx 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2016 - 03:52 PM

View Postmoorlok, on 05 April 2016 - 06:19 AM, said:

Thankyou for that xSTHNSx :thumbup:

moorlok :respect:

No problem. If you have any other issues than post it on our official aMule forum. As me or someone will explain to you if you need help with aMule running under linux along with all firewall/networking aspect of it.
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   rianna 

• Pip

Posted 11 May 2016 - 05:22 PM

Been looking for an answer for a while. Thank you, xSTHNSx!
Famous DJI quadcopters are getting the brand new Mavic 2 Zoom & Pro versions! What are the differences between the Mavic 2 Pro vs Zoom!

This post has been edited by rianna: 26 August 2018 - 05:05 PM

#9 User is offline   Zaharoff 

• Pip

Posted 10 September 2016 - 05:41 PM

I had a real problem with Incoming and Temp folders. Placing them in C: struck me as asinine, so I made a folder in an external drive, and in that folder placed Incoming and Temp folders. Hit "Apply," hit "Save." Restarted eMule to save changes ... son of a bitch, all lost and default back to C:.

Must have tried this a dozen times. Finally just let eMule run for several days to finish dl. Contacted the IRC but their focus was on servers, which was not my problem. My problem was saving changes. Each time I restarted - gone.

Still have eMule, but I am using aMule. My OS is Vista. aMule accepted and saved changes but the GUI is a bit clunkier than eMule.

Apologies, did not mean to hijack the thread and hope no one perceived as such.

#10 User is offline   DJKuhpisse 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 September 2016 - 07:03 PM

Try reinstalliung eMule. How are your settings saced? User specified or System-specified in the eMule Application Folder

#11 User is offline   Zaharoff 

• Pip

Posted 10 September 2016 - 08:31 PM

OK - here goes.
Installed, now launch ...
Failed to create Incoming Files directory ... access denied. OK.
Failed to create Temp Files directory ... access denied. OK.
Unknown error while reading emfriends . met ... invalid path. OK.
Failed to load known met file ... invalid path. OK.
Failed to load credit file ... invalid path. OK.
Failed cryptokeys ... disabled. OK.
NEXT - NEXT - NEXT - NEXT - Finish
Success! Not so fast, grasshopper.
Go into Options and change my Incoming and Temp directories to external drive folder.
Hit Apply, and told to restart eMule. If I don't restart, I can add servers and files and proceed merrily along until the inevitable restart. Then all settings vanish. If I do restart when the mule asks me to, settings vanish that much sooner. The settings do not save. And yes, I checked User Specified. I also checked Shared one time. Fail - every single time.

aMule, which I suspect is for Linux distros, works fine. I don't like the interface, though. eMule is prettier.
While I might appreciate the blonde who's easy on the eyes, I'm going to swing with the brunette who says, "OK!"
Right now, for me, eMule is the blonde tease.

This post has been edited by Zaharoff: 10 September 2016 - 08:32 PM

#12 User is offline   DJKuhpisse 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 September 2016 - 08:50 PM

ahve you used the istaller Version or the zip Version without an installation Process? If you are not root you can't write files to system folders on linux. Try a different User Account. Maybe your Account on Linux is damaged. If you use the installer Version select the option user-specified Folder under settings destination.

#13 User is offline   Zaharoff 

• Pip

Posted 10 September 2016 - 08:54 PM

I am using Vista, a Windows OS. eMule, I gather, is Windows only.

#14 User is offline   DJKuhpisse 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 September 2016 - 07:47 AM

eMuel can be used on Linux with Wine. On vista, it is important that you select user specific for the settings storing. Do not select shared usage. It doesn't work with Vista until you have changed the Access Restrictions for the eMule Application folder.

#15 User is offline   xSTHNSx 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 September 2016 - 10:11 AM

View PostDJKuhpisse, on 11 September 2016 - 07:47 AM, said:

eMuel can be used on Linux with Wine. On vista, it is important that you select user specific for the settings storing. Do not select shared usage. It doesn't work with Vista until you have changed the Access Restrictions for the eMule Application folder.

That is autistic way of thinking. Who uses eMule via Wine on *nix when we have aMule which is multi-platform also mlDonkey with multi-network. As given when deploying application userlevel or as service you must make sure all permission base structure is correctly configured.
Posted Image

#16 User is offline   DJKuhpisse 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 September 2016 - 11:06 AM

I know that is isn't a good idea to use eMule on Linux so there are other clients. I hope he has set the right configuration for saving the settings and files

#17 User is offline   xilolee 

• eMule 0.50b BETA1 user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Italian Moderators

Posted 13 September 2016 - 12:21 PM

Zaharoff: emule can be used as portable.

Remember/note down your current settings (options connections and the other options): close emule, move it from "program files (x86)" folder to your preferred location, open emule, set "sharing emule with other users" (in option extended) to "store config...", restart emule, re-try to set your preferred paths for incoming and temp (and set options connections).
INCONCEIVABLE! - You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
come ottenere aiuto italian guides - guide della sezione italiana
italian support - sezione italiana scaricare la lista server
ottenere id alto impostare le porte nel router
recuperare file corrotti i filtri ip
Sembra talco ma non č serve a darti l'allegrIa! Se lo lanci e poi lo respiri ti dā subito l'allegrIa! Immagine Postata

#18 User is offline   Zaharoff 

• Pip

Posted 22 September 2016 - 03:12 PM

View Postxilolee, on 13 September 2016 - 08:21 PM, said:

Zaharoff: emule can be used as portable.

... move from "program files (x86" folder to your preferred location, open emule, set "sharing emule with other users" (in option extended) to "store config...", restart emule, re-try to set your preferred paths for incoming and temp (and set options connections).

I grasp what you are saying. I will try that, and shift the program folder to an external drive.
I do not like files churning on the same drive as the OS.

#19 User is offline   Zaharoff 

• Pip

Posted 24 September 2016 - 05:54 PM

Ha ha! So much for that.
Not that the process was bad, but that my external drive failed. Mostly backups of the computer, as well as a chunk of torrent files and about 25 ED2K files. What a drag.
The problem with all drives is heat, and those external drives in enclosures seem particularly susceptible.
I need to come up with a new plan. There is no way I will allow files to run on the main computer.
Damn. I had High ID, too. For a couple titles I already had a share ratio of 2. Grinding gears now.

• Member Options

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users