• +

Viacom Letters

#21 User is offline   fox88 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 January 2015 - 02:13 PM

View PostJamesTQuirk, on 05 January 2015 - 04:06 AM, said:

Yeah, and same true for you, YOU don't read what I have posted, last post b4 was that

Whatever you think you are or know, whatever you posted before, it gives no approval for posting things close to nonsense.
Is it news to you that data exchange goes directly between clients, therefore "network" or "servers" cannot ban anything directly?

This post has been edited by fox88: 05 January 2015 - 02:14 PM

#22 User is offline   JamesTQuirk 

• PipPip

Posted 06 January 2015 - 12:57 AM

View Postfox88, on 06 January 2015 - 12:13 AM, said:

View PostJamesTQuirk, on 05 January 2015 - 04:06 AM, said:

Yeah, and same true for you, YOU don't read what I have posted, last post b4 was that

Whatever you think you are or know, whatever you posted before, it gives no approval for posting things close to nonsense.
Is it news to you that data exchange goes directly between clients, therefore "network" or "servers" cannot ban anything directly?

You must be very young, read what I said, How is saying servers index files, saying they providing them ?, I am saying "they" the people who run "some" servers are not doing it emule's interest ....

#23 User is offline   fox88 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 January 2015 - 09:45 AM

View PostJamesTQuirk, on 06 January 2015 - 03:57 AM, said:

You must be very young, read what I said, How is saying servers index files, saying they providing them ?, I am saying "they" the people who run "some" servers are not doing it emule's interest ....

Your case clearly shows that knowledge does not come with age.
Sorry, people who run good server are doing much more for eMule than your incoherent ranting.

#24 User is offline   funkydmunky 

• Pip

Posted 21 January 2015 - 09:44 PM

I have also received many of these letters. I used to receive similar notices that didn't have the Viacom name, but they are all Viacom now. At first I thought I might have been hacked so i redid my home server that runs emule. I continued to receive notices, which include time and date stamps of when I was supposedly sharing the particular file named, even when I was not running emule at that time. Emule is always named as the software detected. At this point I knew it was bull shit, as the files were NEVER anything I had, and when it mentioned connection times/dates for when my server was off line.
This just seems to be a mass spamming campaign to frighten emule users. The files named are usually kid shows, and often is foreign languages.
I am about to try Kad only as suggested, but would appreciate any help of getting to the bottom of this harassment.
Below is a sample letter:
A copyright infringement claim has been received regarding your Internet account.

Dear Ken Hodson ,

We are obligated to let you know that TELUS has been notified of an alleged copyright infringement associated with your Internet connection. Rest assured that we are committed to keeping your personal information confidential and you have not been identified to the copyright holder.

For further details regarding this allegation, please review the below notice received from the copyright holder or its agent. The notice has been forwarded in the form and language in which it has was received, as required by the Copyright Act Please note that TELUS is not responsible for the content of this notice. Any questions regarding it should be directed to the contacts listed in the notice.

TELUS has created a customer FAQ that might assist in answering your questions about copyright notifications. It is available at TELUS.com/Copyright.

We understand that this activity may be unintentional. We recommend you take the following steps
- Protect your wireless network with a password to prevent unauthorized use
- Share this notice with everyone who has access to your Internet account
- Make sure that your anti-virus software is up to date, so that it can detect and eliminate viruses
- Update your applications and operating system to reduce security exposures
- Check that security measures are active on your computer
Need additional help with your home network?
Visit telus.com/homeprotection for more information or email abuse@telus.com for assistance.

Thank you for your cooperation.

TELUS Security Office

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Notice ID: e86351bd-d5ca-4287-bb93-d9a18bdcd8d4
Notice Date: 01/02/2015

Telus Communications

Dear Sir or Madam:

We are contacting you on behalf of Viacom International Inc. (Viacom). Under penalty of perjury, I assert that Vobile Inc., (Vobile) is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive copyrights that are alleged to be infringed herein.

Vobile has become aware that the below IP addresses have been using your service for distributing video files, which contain infringing video content that is exclusively owned by Viacom.

Vobile has a good faith belief that the Viacom video content that is described in the below report has not been authorized for sharing or distribution by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law. I also assert that the information contained in this notice is accurate to the best of our knowledge.

We are requesting your immediate assistance in removing and disabling access to the infringing material from your network. We also ask that you ensure the user and/or IP address owner refrains from future use and sharing of Viacom materials and property.

In complying with this notice, Telus Communications should not destroy any evidence, which may be relevant in a lawsuit, relating to the infringement alleged, including all associated electronic documents and data relating to the presence of infringing items on your network, which shall be preserved while disabling public access, irrespective of any document retention or corporate policy to the contrary.

Please note that this letter is not intended as a full statement of the facts; and does not constitute a waiver of any rights to recover damages, incurred by virtue of any unauthorized or infringing activities, occurring on your network. All such rights, as well as claims for other relief, are expressly reserved.

Should you need to contact Viacom regarding this notice they may be reached at the below address.

Brad Bo
On behalf of Vobile as an agent for Viacom
4699 Old Ironsides Drive, Ste 430
Santa Clara, CA 95054
v: (408) 217-5000
agent@viacom.copyright-notice.com

Evidentiary Information:
Protocol: eDonkey
Infringed Work: Teen Wolf_S3_E311_Teen Wolf Infringing FileName: Teen.Wolf.311.Pacto.Alfa.(Spa-Eng).HDiTunes+HDTV.by.Eugen.(filibusteros.com).avi
Infringing FileSize: 630 MB
Infringer's IP Address: 66.183.211.153
Infringer's Port: 8363
Infringers User Name: A20320A1630E427869A243698BCA6F9B
URL: ed2k://|file|Teen%2EWolf%2E311%2EPacto%2EAlfa%2E%28Spa%2DEng%29%2EHDiTunes%2BHDTV%2Eby%2EEugen%2E%28filibusteros%2Ecom%29%2Eavi|660930560|D9A442B03DDD3A08365A4C1BA5FE5E58|/
Initial Infringement Timestamp: 2015-01-01T06:01:40Z Recent Infringement Timestamp: 2015-01-01T06:01:40Z

- - ---Start ACNS XML

Viacom
Copyright Agent

1515 Broadway, New York, NY 10036

(408) 217-5000
agent@viacom.copyright-notice.com

Telus Communications

2015-01-01T06:01:40Z

eDonkey

Yes

2015-01-01T06:01:40Z

Teen.Wolf.311.Pacto.Alfa.(Spa-Eng).HDiTunes+HDTV.by.Eugen.(filibusteros.com).avi
630 MB
ed2k://|file|Teen%2EWolf%2E311%2EPacto%2EAlfa%2E%28Spa%2DEng%29%2EHDiTunes%2BHDTV%2Eby%2EEugen%2E%28filibusteros%2Ecom%29%2Eavi|660930560|D9A442B03DDD3A08365A4C1BA5FE5E58|/
TV
D9A442B03DDD3A08365A4C1BA5FE5E58

- - ---End ACNS XML

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: Cryptix OpenPGP 0.20050418

iEYEARECAAYFAlSnPKEACgkQ7IGmw+21qI3sxACgy3J0wAa8s4KIIQdGk06lBNXz
x94AnR2w+QzMAt1wEeiB4nr6JttrOD61
=OPh3
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
IAT reference number: 7527486

#25 User is offline   funkydmunky 

• Pip

Posted 21 January 2015 - 09:47 PM

One additional note, these spam copywrite infringement letters cam be 50 or more a day.

#26 User is offline   xilolee 

• eMule 0.50b BETA1 user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Italian Moderators

Posted 22 January 2015 - 01:05 AM

Tick also options - security - allow obfuscated connections only, and see (and let us know) if that helps.

This post has been edited by xilolee: 23 January 2015 - 09:25 PM

INCONCEIVABLE! - You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
come ottenere aiuto italian guides - guide della sezione italiana
italian support - sezione italiana scaricare la lista server
ottenere id alto impostare le porte nel router
recuperare file corrotti i filtri ip
Sembra talco ma non č serve a darti l'allegrIa! Se lo lanci e poi lo respiri ti dā subito l'allegrIa! Posted Image

#27 User is offline   funkydmunky 

• Pip

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:22 AM

I'm not seeing that under general. I'm running eMule v0.50a

#28 User is offline   fox88 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 January 2015 - 05:26 PM

View Postfunkydmunky, on 22 January 2015 - 07:22 AM, said:

I'm not seeing that under general.

Obfuscation parameters are in Security page.

#29 User is offline   xilolee 

• eMule 0.50b BETA1 user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Italian Moderators

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:25 PM

:oops:
INCONCEIVABLE! - You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
come ottenere aiuto italian guides - guide della sezione italiana
italian support - sezione italiana scaricare la lista server
ottenere id alto impostare le porte nel router
recuperare file corrotti i filtri ip
Sembra talco ma non č serve a darti l'allegrIa! Se lo lanci e poi lo respiri ti dā subito l'allegrIa! Posted Image

#30 User is offline   funkydmunky 

• Pip

Posted 24 January 2015 - 09:37 PM

Okay giving that a try. I already have "enable protocol obfuscation" checked, is that ideal for this test?

#31 User is offline   JamesTQuirk 

• PipPip

Posted 28 January 2015 - 03:46 AM

View Postfunkydmunky, on 22 January 2015 - 07:47 AM, said:

One additional note, these spam copywrite infringement letters cam be 50 or more a day.

P.S.S .....

The first emails I got where for TEEN WOLF as well, & then Teen Mom, Neither of which I have never even seen, (maybe a AD) let alone downloaded, maybe thats something strange .....

I got a 50bdev12 running on Xubuntu, with Wine (used qt4wine to set up), fully functional (inc IRC), Faster than real windows, and Amule, with my Favourite GUI, it been running fine, pumping 2MBits UP, since Saturday, KAD Only, Obsfucated Only, see if it runs for a month ...

#32 User is offline   funkydmunky 

• Pip

Posted 31 January 2015 - 10:31 PM

Let me know if the emails stop for you.
Of the 1000's of copy-write notices i have received, not one has been of anything I have downloaded.

#33 User is offline   Thor6969 

• Pip

Posted 15 February 2015 - 04:07 PM

This is thor6969 and i started this thread. After i stopped using servers and used kad only i stopped getting the viacom letters. I don't know the exact reason why using servers brings these false and harassing emails from viacom but if you don't want endless bogus emails from viacom i wouldn't use.
Thor6969

• Member Options

• (2 Pages)
  • +

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users