Official eMule-Board: It's Has Been Four Years And Six Months Since Emule 0.50A - Official eMule-Board

• (2 Pages)
  • +

It's Has Been Four Years And Six Months Since Emule 0.50A When will we see a new version?

#1 User is offline   aviramof 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 October 2014 - 07:43 PM

When will we see a new version of emule? in 2015 or in 2016?

Thanks in advance.

#2 User is offline   PacoBell 

• Professional Lurker ¬_¬ (so kyoot!)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 15 November 2014 - 04:09 AM

I wouldn't hold my breath, but this thread was enlightening:

http://forum.emule-p...howtopic=156991
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes
Math is delicious!
MmMm! Mauna Loa Milk Chocolate Toffee Macadamias are little drops of Heaven ^_^
Si vis pacem, para bellum DIE SPAMMERS DIE!

#3 User is offline   Tuxman 

• lizzie and prog-rock fanatic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Validating

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:33 AM

What's wrong with the existing version?
[ eMule beba ] :: v2.72 released, v3.00 in the works ...
- feel the lightweight! - featuring Snarl support, the Client Analyzer and tits!
Coded by a Golden eMule Award winner and most people's favorite modder!
Music, not muzak:
Progressive Rock :: my last.fm profile
eMule user since 0.28 ...
-[ ... and thanks for all the fish! ]-

#4 User is offline   fox88 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 November 2014 - 11:37 AM

View PostTuxman, on 21 November 2014 - 01:33 PM, said:

What's wrong with the existing version?

In the very least UPnP could have been updated.

#5 User is offline   Tuxman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 November 2014 - 12:04 PM

Does it not work for you?
- feel the lightweight! - featuring Snarl support, the Client Analyzer and tits!
Music, not muzak:

#6 User is offline   fox88 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 November 2014 - 09:45 PM

View PostTuxman, on 22 November 2014 - 03:04 PM, said:

Does it not work for you?

Downloaded official eMule did not work with Asus RT-N12D1; eMule compiled with newer versions of miniupnp library could open ports.

#7 User is offline   Some Support 

• Last eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Yes

Posted 22 November 2014 - 11:30 PM

And of course the miniupnp lib will be updated with the next version. The reason it takes that long is not that we think eMule is already perfect :)

#8 User is offline   DavidXanatos 

• Neo Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 November 2014 - 12:43 PM

Are you going to release a final build this year?
NeoLoader is a new file sharing client, supporting ed2k/eMule, Bittorent and one click hosters,
it is the first client to be able to download form multiple networks the same file.
NL provides the first fully decentralized scalable torrent and DDL keyword search,
it implements an own novel anonymous file sharing network, providing anonymity and deniability to its users,
as well as many other new features.
It is written in C++ with Qt and is available for Windows, Linux and MacOS.

#9 User is offline   Tuxman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 November 2014 - 12:50 PM

Is that relevant?
Music, not muzak:

#10 User is offline   DavidXanatos 

• Neo Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 November 2014 - 01:25 PM

Isn't it?
NeoLoader is a new file sharing client, supporting ed2k/eMule, Bittorent and one click hosters,
it is the first client to be able to download form multiple networks the same file.
NL provides the first fully decentralized scalable torrent and DDL keyword search,
it implements an own novel anonymous file sharing network, providing anonymity and deniability to its users,

#11 User is offline   Tuxman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 November 2014 - 01:28 PM

No. Last time I checked, eMule .50a didn't have a trial period until Dec 31.
Music, not muzak:

#12 User is offline   JamesTQuirk 

• PipPip

Posted 28 November 2014 - 02:19 PM

View PostTuxman, on 24 November 2014 - 11:28 PM, said:

No. Last time I checked, eMule .50a didn't have a trial period until Dec 31.

So true, all of it, Emule 50a ROCKS !!! on windows I run it for weeks until there's a Win update, when I run win32 under wine on xubuntu, it can go 6 months between reboots, I am 44 year veteran in PC's & emule has to be the most reliable software, I have ever used .... Only lunatics who fiddle with Mods that cheat system, and the constant whine of the lazy, who want someone to turn the tap on for them, so they can guzzle ...

Like this problem which I repeat here, a bit, I have a Flood of Chinese Clients "(chn)shoahan" like 6-9 at a time same IP, emule 48a client, Server : ?, Kad not supported, Obs: Not Supported, BUT HIGH ID, and 1 Client Same IP taking 6-9 slots in my uploads, STREAMING 6-9 different files like they are watching them, I seen a hack on utube 4 twisting VLC to stream torrents or ED2k, is this the sort of downloads these VLC/stream download clients do ?, cause with 6-9 same client, 6-9 different files, all getting 30kb, but since I turned on Obsfucated only, they are gone ....

here 513.09 kb JPG of screenshot of my emule before I went Obfuscated Only, with 6 clone clients downloading in a stream, NO CHUNKS, notice other downloads still are getting chunks ...

ed2k://|file|emule%20-%20TCC%20+%20friend%2028-11-2014%2019-55-50.jpg|525400|175348EE9E5C74463CB40CE5E64D9CB0|h=V5NX2ZVJ7ANMDUCRIKRKIZDFRIK2ML33|/

28/11/2014 21:57:39: Multiple KadIDs pointing to same IP (183.62.21.45) in KADEMLIA(2)_RES answer - ignored, sent by 123.156.163.27

28/11/2014 21:56:55: Ignored kad contact (IP=111.37.6.28:25654) - IP filter (China Mobile Communications Corp. | ap2p, Detected AP2P on China Mobile prox)

I see this amongst piles others BANS in my verbose, cause they using a MOD, and they don't even share files, I cannot find any of the 200GB this 1 Client has got from me, in any search, other clients yes, with other files in same Collection ...

So I because of these MODs, just ripping system, Obfuscated ONLY may be the way to go ...

I want to Spread the Files, if this "Client" answered a message, I would have just FTP the 256GB lot, to save time, if they would help share, but ignores all communication, as well ...

There is a Monty Python song, which I don't like, as much as b4, cause they bringing emule to it's knees ....

Soooooo, Maybe Emule does need a revamp, and a big one, here is my wild Idea, sorry Merkur, I know You won't like it, Movie studios etc want us for victims, lets make us victims the solution ...

Turn emule into their money pit, a version of emule incorporating, a "paypal" like system, Dedicated servers to manage it, and make them pay by, having a sliding scale on download costs,(wildly guessing) say 90% for copyrite holder(more than probably get now, if there is one...), 5% to Emule-Copyrite-management.org, for running it, & disbursement of funds, & 5% (maybe a spread via chunks d/l) to to clients that complete downloads, charging say $1 for a pre 2000 movie, cheaper for tv eps, and older, newer files up to $5 for New releases, THEY ( the idiots who want the FREE distribution Network taken down, would earn more money by people using a cost effective system, I think it would undercut Itunes etc ...

People &or neanderthals/movie studio executives who have BlueRay & DVD players will still buy a disk, to get bonus scenes of director havin a crap ....

People will still buy boxed sets, so they make their new friends be in awe of them & how much space, 1999(being kind) storage technology takes up....

.. and I maybe can help save at least bit of emule ...

I love emule 50a, and most previous versions, and will probably 50b if it happens, but there are bastards out there hunting Donkeys, Let's re-arm our asinus (Latin for Donkey), and come back fighting .....

--------------

Anywho ... About the clones, Obfuscation Only Works, so far, After enabling & reboot I got rid of them, details here of convo on IRC may help about these clones ...

[02:29] <James_T_Quirk> leaving a post 4 scan|afk, Well I think I settled my problem scan|afk/Geeza, Turning on Obsfucation ONLY, has cleared Clones from que, true chunks downloaders are back, in que, d/ling normally, but nobody taking 9 files @ once anymore, reported most of what I talked about in forum, shown post pointing at building issue with this ... Thanks
[02:30] <James_T_Quirk> Weird kad nodes - http://forum.emule-p...howtopic=151610
[02:42] <James_T_Quirk> and this one, http://forum.emule-p...me&fromsearch=1

---

[14:32] <James_T_Quirk> another note for scan|afk, Runtime: 14:41 Hours, with Obsfucation Only ON, my upload que is back to normal que, people who where getting correctly, are getting them again, BUT ALL clones are gone, however, the verbose log tells they are out there & Keen, so I will watch them, thanks scanner, again ...
[14:46] <scan|afk> moin TCC
[14:46] <scan|afk> so their mods does not support Obfuscation
[14:46] <scan|afk> keep them out by allowing the obfuscated connections only
[14:47] <James_T_Quirk> yep
[14:47] <scan|afk> the connections will remain active towards them until you reboot
[14:47] <scan|afk> you can even close emule , it will keep connected to upload a full chunk
[14:48] <James_T_Quirk> did that 14 hours ago, it was a pain, was @ 156 days online ...
[14:48] <scan|afk> ouch , and still works ?
[14:49] <scan|afk> suppose its not a winblows machine
[14:49] <James_T_Quirk> yes, perfectly, Emule 50 A Rocks
[14:50] <scan|afk> good for you/it My laptop gets sluggish after a week or so of runtime
[14:50] <James_T_Quirk> no this is a dual crap, win7, that I runs out warrently in 4 months, driving to use emule to drive it into the ground, so they have to give me a new one ...
[14:51] <James_T_Quirk> when I gave the mule 2MBs up, you could cook eggs on the trackpad
[14:51] <scan|afk> :)
[14:52] <scan|afk> k , got it
[14:52] <James_T_Quirk> So only 1MBs up until it dies in emule's service
[14:57] <James_T_Quirk> thinking about thou, if it gets to 2 months b4 warrenty goes, I may turn it up to 5MBS....
[15:06] <James_T_Quirk> to explain something, I have multi machines here, when fiddling with video files, i can have dif PCs, doing different things & still one for Emule & me, I can hook these machine to network, I have a 8 core amd box, which is setup to run, amule & win32 emule under wine, @ same time, I have tested it, and it works, while this machine was running main emule
[15:07] <James_T_Quirk> I have not been banned, because I think, the emule & Amule rig, is only uploading dif cats of files, no down on those
[15:08] <scan|afk> no , it's because emule and amule have different idents on the network
[15:10] <James_T_Quirk> So, the puzzling thing is... why didn't win32 emule on wine have this problem ?, because while windows runs around with its pants around it's ankles, Linux controls firewall
[15:11] <James_T_Quirk> maybe
[15:14] <James_T_Quirk> ummm, Also maybe I have dif routers plugged into dif ports on Main Fibre Router ?
[15:15] <scan|afk> that shouldn't make a difference , the public IP is same
[15:18] <James_T_Quirk> got 2 b Linux rigs firewall & ipfilter killing it off, I will look into that ..
[15:30] <James_T_Quirk> or maybe I am overlooking the obvious , its just those files ...... it was only those files that where the problem, only ones being stripped/stream downloaded, and in nearly numerical order ...
[15:32] <scan|afk> must be related to the website you showed me

---
http://www.emule-island.ru/
----

[15:32] <James_T_Quirk> yep
[15:33] <James_T_Quirk> because that collection ed2k i sent goes 000 to 156 in eps, they have bundled it as a cat on a website
[15:35] <James_T_Quirk> or were trying to ..
[15:42] <James_T_Quirk> hmmm, so if I just truley want to spread the files, I should let them, but unlike emule online backup, you may have to pay to get your file back, if you lose it ...

[15:46] <James_T_Quirk> & with their stream player ....
[15:54] <James_T_Quirk> This is making me scratch me bald patch, So I have a Laptop, that needs to die in emules service, Soon, So I get a New one, Unlimited up/down 100MBs/40MBs Fibre, it shouldn't really matter they are grabbing them, except they are privitising them & turning them into STOCK in a shop, and the true emulers are getting files now, but slower spreading of files ....
[16:05] <James_T_Quirk> because the clones dont share either, I did that experiment last week, on AMD rig, trying to download same files as Clones, I was only source, even after tweaking things to make it so 2 emules on same network had to go thru network credit que ...
[16:11] * James_T_Quirk shoots a nuclear tipped Emule server @ Chinese Online TV stations ...
[16:15] * scan|afk gtg , laterz
[16:15] <James_T_Quirk> it may also windows has to go, if they want the files bad enough, they will try harder, this will be my last TRUE windows box, (not counting VM's & Wine)
[16:15] <James_T_Quirk> ok cool bye scan|afk

---------

So what I ask now is, Should I be scratching the last follicles from head about this, or wait 4 a 50b, that may stop them leeching&twisting network, or am I just left with that with same "ethical" dilemma about just spreading files, & Turn Obfuscation ONLY off or are they destroying network ?

This post has been edited by JamesTQuirk: 29 November 2014 - 06:31 AM

#13 User is offline   awdrifter 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:19 PM

The Emule project is pretty much dead, there's no bug fixes, or updates to support new features such as IPv6. Just use Emule 0.50a to the ground, then switch to something else. We'll need a better encrypted P2P protocol in the future anyways.

#14 User is offline   Tuxman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:34 PM

View Postawdrifter, on 11 Dezember 2014 - 06:19 , said:

The Emule project is pretty much dead

Wrong.

there's no bug fixes

Wrong.

or updates to support new features such as IPv6

Use a mod.

Just use Emule 0.50a to the ground, then switch to something else.

Like what? DeadTorrent? :D

Pls gtfo.
Music, not muzak:

#15 User is offline   awdrifter 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:15 AM

View PostTuxman, on 11 December 2014 - 10:34 AM, said:

The Emule project is pretty much dead

Wrong.

No beta, no release, nothing from Merkur is pretty much the definition of dead.

there's no bug fixes

Wrong.

There are tons of bug reports, they are not releasing a new version to fix them.

or updates to support new features such as IPv6

Use a mod.

Exactly, when IPv6 is mandatory, people will be forced to scatter to various mods, or give up on Emule.

Just use Emule 0.50a to the ground, then switch to something else.

Like what? DeadTorrent? :D

uTorrent was last updated on Dec. 4, 2014 according to their site. If they are considered dead, then Emule is a fossil.

Pls gtfo.

No U

I'm not bagging on ed2k, it's still a great protocol. But Emule has to pass the torch if it's developers are no longer able or willing to update this project, maybe have the community vote and decide on supporting a few mods, point the downloads to those mods so they will gain traction. Just like when the original eDonkey2000 died, Emule became the replacement. The time for an Emule replacement will be soon. We should think about this for the future survival of the ed2k network. Otherwise we'll be like the Gnutella 2 network, when the major clients died, the network died with it.

#16 User is offline   Some Support 

• Last eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Yes

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:55 AM

View Postawdrifter, on 12 December 2014 - 03:15 AM, said:

I'm not bagging on ed2k, it's still a great protocol. But Emule has to pass the torch if it's developers are no longer able or willing to update this project, maybe have the community vote and decide on supporting a few mods, point the downloads to those mods so they will gain traction. Just like when the original eDonkey2000 died, Emule became the replacement. The time for an Emule replacement will be soon. We should think about this for the future survival of the ed2k network. Otherwise we'll be like the Gnutella 2 network, when the major clients died, the network died with it.

We aren't hogging the "torch" or anything and never have. If there comes up some mod, replacement or whatever which users prefer we are totally fine with that (and always have been). And its not that those alternatives don't exist. eMule Plus, mlDonkey, Shareaza - they all had their take on the ed2k protocol (and recently some other fork/client came up iirc). I do believe that of one of those is much more convincing to the users than eMule itself, they will switch. Yes in the beginning it's a slow process, but that's just how eMule started out too when it first came out. It didn't become the "replacement" after eDonkey died, it was more commonly used way before that and eDonkey for sure didn't promote eMule as replacement when it closed its doors.

What we will not do is to point to some other piece of software and tell our users to download this instead as long as the project is still alive. First because there is no reason for it - eMule is still working and has no critical bugs which would make it unfit to be used for the ed2k network. And while the development is really slow and more of a maintenance mode, we do still work on it. More important, when users visit this site they trust us when they download our software, based on the reputation that was build in the last decade. They can be sure there is no adware, virus, any other junk inside, it respects their privacy, is free, open source and that eMule won't harm the network in any way. We obviously can't guarantee for anything we have no control over (and trust me the temptation once you have enough downloads is quite big, just look at all the other filesharing clients) and therefore we will never use eMule's name to promote some thirdparty software. If said client is good enough, it won't need it anyway.

#17 User is offline   Tuxman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:01 AM

View Postawdrifter, on 12 Dezember 2014 - 04:15 , said:

No beta, no release, nothing from Merkur is pretty much the definition of dead.

Maybe Some Support is Merkur? :D

There are tons of bug reports, they are not releasing a new version to fix them.

Check the beta CVS.

Exactly, when IPv6 is mandatory, people will be forced to scatter to various mods, or give up on Emule.

But it's not.

uTorrent was last updated on Dec. 4, 2014 according to their site. If they are considered dead, then Emule is a fossil.

The protocol is dead, not the various clients.

(OTOH: Guess when eMule beba's code was last updated?)
Music, not muzak:

#18 User is offline   DavidXanatos 

• Neo Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 December 2014 - 09:21 AM

View PostTuxman, on 12 December 2014 - 09:01 AM, said:

But it's not.

You mean it's not yet?!

You know in Austria the UPS biggest cable provider (the only provider giving 15mbit upload in Austria on a large scale) is moving all their users to DS Lite (Double Stack Lite) connection, that is a own IPv6 subnet with a with many users shared NATed IPv4.
You can not open ports on the IPv4 part of your connection, the IPv4 is often changing, its pretty much useless for anything other than surfing the www.

Ok, for now you can call them and tell them that you will quit if they don't set you back on a normal decent dedicated IPv4 only mode, but that works only with existing customers if they argue properly that thair product have been crippled. New customers are F***ed.

So IPv6 is already now becoming mandatory and that will just get worse.

#19 User is offline   hooligan3000 

• European Community
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 December 2014 - 12:58 PM

same in germany. cable provider giving ipv6.

ed2k://|server|91.208.162.87|4232|/
ed2k://|server|85.239.33.123|4232|/
ed2k://|server|91.208.162.55|4232|/

SD - Telegram

Air VPN - The air to breathe the real Internet

BTC
bc1qdrk0ld07jtg99ym2zg68cpqhqj34qnf2txm93n
XMR
48ja6xJ2NyPMNzmY1pA3ZZPpX5yTaw9Ym28jrDPCL7Y7L7pr5wXFdpeK4WqBbvVY5qEa6VDfhFKTnHWef3EPC4zgQNTnAwg

#20 User is offline   Neoo26 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:14 PM

Same in It... ops, no wait, in Italy we don't even know the existence of IPv6.

• Member Options

• (2 Pages)
  • +

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users