Official eMule-Board: Files Stuck At Completing - Official eMule-Board

Page 1 of 1

Files Stuck At Completing Can't cancel or delete the files

#1 User is offline   awdrifter 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:04 AM

Recently my files started to stuck at the completing status. I can't cancel or delete the files. Please help. Thanks.

#2 User is offline   coluche 

• hm ?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:34 AM

Do you get a black-and-yellow striped progress bar ?

Then check if
-enough free diskspace is available,
-file is not blocked by another application (preview, AV, whatever else)
-file name contains no characters that your OS can not write
-eMule has permission to write into incoming directory

Then resume the dowload.
It's Screamin' Jay Hawkins and he's a Wild Man, so bug off!

#3 User is offline   awdrifter 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:13 AM

No, the progress bar is all green at 100%.

-There is more than enough space (over 10gbs) available.
-I have restarted eMule and turned off my AV, still the same.
-Characters are all English alphabet.
-I'm not sure how to check this, but I have not changed any permissions.

I can't resume the download because all the options are greyed out.

Thanks for the reply.

#4 User is offline   coluche 

• hm ?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:29 AM

Hm, then someone else needs to step in here.

I never had that myself, but think to remember reading here, that the files are indeed "finished", at least good enough for videos to work fine - as in look what the corresponding part number is (e.g. 123.part) and then copy/ move (latter with eMule off) the part file somewhere and rename it to its proper name and it should work just fine.
But that would of course just be an awkward workaround.

And I don't know if the files are "finished" good enough (exact copy to the very last bit) so that when (re-)sharing it in eMule will it have the same hash as before / will a zip file be unzipped just fine / will software or an image (e.g. *.iso) work fine.

Let's hope someone with more know comes by.

-I'm not sure how to check this, but I have not changed any permissions.

should not matter here, as then the progress bar should turn black-yellow-striped.

Good luck

This post has been edited by coluche: 01 August 2014 - 10:50 AM

#5 User is offline   Zangune 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:04 AM

In eMule Transfers rightclick on your file and choose Details..., copy paste in notepad Name and part.met file strings, Options - Directories copy Temporary Files path, Tools - Open Incoming Folder..., then close eMule.
Open a directory on your computer, doubleclick on the address bar, paste your temporary files path and press Enter, in that folder rename the .part that have the same name of the part.met file that you copied before using the name of you file that you copied before.
If the file is now usable move into the Incoming folder and delete .met and .met.bak files of that file in Temp folder.

Some hints:
This is the address bar

Posted Image

You have to rename .part file, not the .met one.

Example:

part.met file: C:\Program Files\eMule\Temp\001.part.met
Name: video.avi
Rename C:\Users\awdrifter\Downloads\eMule\Temp\001.part in C:\Users\awdrifter\Downloads\eMule\Temp\video.avi
Open video.avi with VLC, it works.
Move from C:\Users\awdrifter\Downloads\eMule\Temp\video.avi to C:\Users\awdrifter\Downloads\eMule\Incoming\video.avi
Delete C:\Users\awdrifter\Downloads\eMule\Temp\001.part.met and C:\Users\awdrifter\Downloads\eMule\Temp\001.part.met.bak

#6 User is offline   awdrifter 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2014 - 02:27 AM

Thanks for the help. Turns out it was the AV that was causing the issue, even after temporarily turned off the AV the files were still stuck at completing. With the log saying it doesn't have permission to write to some directory. After uninstalling NOD32 the files were able to complete. I'm looking for a different AV program now.

This post has been edited by awdrifter: 02 August 2014 - 02:28 AM

#7 User is offline   coluche 

• hm ?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:34 PM

I am surprised it then did not show the usual black-and-yellow stripes. :confused:

Well, anyway - lightweight and freeware (proprietary, though) : Microsoft Security Essentials.
Malware definitions then update through windows update mechanism. I found configuration to be easy and well explained.
http://windows.microsoft.com/mse/

#8 User is offline   awdrifter 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2014 - 09:16 PM

View Postcoluche, on 02 August 2014 - 09:34 AM, said:

I am surprised it then did not show the usual black-and-yellow stripes. :confused:

Well, anyway - lightweight and freeware (proprietary, though) : Microsoft Security Essentials.
Malware definitions then update through windows update mechanism. I found configuration to be easy and well explained.
http://windows.microsoft.com/mse/

I'm surprised too. Usually if the file fails to complete due to some reasons it would go back to the yellow stripe, but I was seeing a green bar with status stuck at "Completing".

I heard MSE is pretty bad at detecting virus, I might try AVG or Avast free versions.

Thanks for the reply.

#9 User is offline   Zimouille 

• PipPip

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:09 PM

View Postawdrifter, on 02 August 2014 - 11:16 PM, said:

I'm surprised too. Usually if the file fails to complete due to some reasons it would go back to the yellow stripe, but I was seeing a green bar with status stuck at "Completing".

I heard MSE is pretty bad at detecting virus, I might try AVG or Avast free versions.

Thanks for the reply.

It was avi files? If you downloaded .rar, .zip, .exe etc. then Nod32 did a good job because he identified a backdoor, trojan within download before completing files (or blocked them). Depends how you did the setup of your AV.

Outside this, if you know what you do in browsing, downloading and with your email no need for an antivirus. MSE is doing the job and not annoying or slowing down your WS/laptop so much. Antiviruses won't protect you against everything it's a myth.

An AV online scan when you are unsure is enough. Benefit is that they are not native on your computer so they can't be fooled/infected. Or... are not supposed to be ;o)

• Member Options

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users