Official eMule-Board: Intermittent Highid Plus Now Cannot Connect To Kad - Official eMule-Board

Page 1 of 1

Intermittent Highid Plus Now Cannot Connect To Kad

#1 User is offline   paulmarkj 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:50 PM

I put these together because trying to fix one may have caused the other:

I have a BTHomehub5 and McAfee (part of the BTnetprotectplus package).

With the Mcafee firewall OFF, I get high id. With firewall on, I get lowid (Note: if I turn the firewall OFF then ON again, the high id stays until I restart emule).

I have set up Mcafee so that in ‘internet connections for programs’, emule.exe has full access and in Ports and System Services, I have ‘Emule June 2014’, Local TCP/IP : 4661, Local UDP: 4662, which are the same ones used in the port forwarding for the hub. I have tried other port numbers.
As I said, it all works with the firewall off, so it must be something to do with McAfee.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That was yesterday, today I tried to search on emule and got this message: “You are not connected to the kad network”. This happened on lowid and highid. Emule is downloading data from already started transfers.

I am using windows 7 premium and emule v0.50a.
DL/UL capacties: 400/100 kb/s
No of servers: 6
Ports: TCP=151515 UDP=161616
No. shared file >100
ISP: BTinternet
Protocol Obfuscation NOT enabled

Servers: eD2K Network connected
eD2K Server: TV Underground No1
Kad Network: Disconnected

Can anyone help fix these problems?

#2 User is offline   xilolee 

• eMule 0.50b BETA1 user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Italian Moderators

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:09 PM

1) Make sure you know how to reset (to factory defaults) your device and note down the data for connecting to your ISP.
(in case of troubles, you can reset the router and you'll need those data - vpi - vci - username and password of your connection, and so forth... these data are personal/private, you_SHOULD_NOT_post_them_here --- ONLY you should know them).
2) name of your ISP, name of your connection and, possibly, downstream and upstream bandwiths
3) How many servers do you have into your list and where do you get them from?
4) Manufacturer and model of your router?
5) Describe how your devices are arranged.
example:
- telephone jack - adsl filter - ethernet modem - router - 3 pc (1 wireless, 2 wired)
6) How many pcs are using p2p programs (emule or others) and which ports they are using.
7) Screenshots of your router menus are welcome:
- UPNP
- DHCP
- virtual server/port forwarding or similar
- eventual firewall screen (of your router)
8) Have you put static ip to your pc (into tcp/ip properties of your connection properties)?
Here too, a screenshot would be welcome.
9) Which firewalls/antiviruses are present/installed on your pc? (screnshots of portforwarding rules are welcome)
10) Are you using peerguardian/peerblock/ip filters or similars? And what of those?

This post has been edited by xilolee: 21 July 2014 - 06:10 PM

INCONCEIVABLE! - You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
come ottenere aiuto italian guides - guide della sezione italiana
italian support - sezione italiana scaricare la lista server
ottenere id alto impostare le porte nel router
recuperare file corrotti i filtri ip
Sembra talco ma non è serve a darti l'allegrIa! Se lo lanci e poi lo respiri ti dà subito l'allegrIa! Immagine Postata

#3 User is offline   UKguy 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:21 AM

View Postpaulmarkj, on 07 July 2014 - 03:50 PM, said:

I put these together because trying to fix one may have caused the other:

I have a BTHomehub5 and McAfee (part of the BTnetprotectplus package).

With the Mcafee firewall OFF, I get high id. With firewall on, I get lowid (Note: if I turn the firewall OFF then ON again, the high id stays until I restart emule).

I have set up Mcafee so that in ‘internet connections for programs’, emule.exe has full access and in Ports and System Services, I have ‘Emule June 2014’, Local TCP/IP : 4661, Local UDP: 4662, which are the same ones used in the port forwarding for the hub. I have tried other port numbers.
As I said, it all works with the firewall off, so it must be something to do with McAfee.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That was yesterday, today I tried to search on emule and got this message: “You are not connected to the kad network”. This happened on lowid and highid. Emule is downloading data from already started transfers.

I am using windows 7 premium and emule v0.50a.
DL/UL capacties: 400/100 kb/s
No of servers: 6
Ports: TCP=151515 UDP=161616
No. shared file >100
ISP: BTinternet
Protocol Obfuscation NOT enabled

Servers: eD2K Network connected
eD2K Server: TV Underground No1
Kad Network: Disconnected

Can anyone help fix these problems?

Yes I had this problem also with BT and McAfee. McAfee seemed to run ok until I upgraded to the newer improved version then that's then why my troubles started.
So after getting no joy from talking to McAfee and BT support I installed a month trial version of Bitdefender. Straightaway high ID again. So I had to decide whether i wanted to keep the McAfee which was free with my BT broadband and have a low ID forever or pay a few quid for another program and keep getting my high ID. I chose to keep my high ID. Maybe to avoid the cost of paying for security(think it was £30) you can find a free one that will work just as well.
Hope this helps!

• Member Options

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users