Official eMule-Board: Emule Showing Preparing - Official eMule-Board

Page 1 of 1

Emule Showing Preparing emule preparing shown in connections area at bottom right of emule

#1 User is offline   egresor 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:54 PM

hi

i've used emule many many times in the past and have never seen this before....(tho it may have said it and disappeared quickly)

i loaded emule and clicked the kad connect (use it almost exclusively) and noticed it showed preparing to right of what connections are at bottom right of gui.

i've never seen that before and wonder why it would be shown now? the kad showed connected and everything else seemed ok.

a computer scan showed only IE temp things and eset quaranteed them as usual. root kits (kaspersky and saphos both) find nothing.

tho kaspersky found nothing....saphos found 4 items hidden in temp folder and 2 of them have amazon.com connected somehow but recommended not removing them. what that is about i don't have a clue....since i rarely visit it, except for info on a released dvd and why saphos would recommend not removing them.

i did recently got a newer modem for my dsl and it has features the old one did not have and i found an empty com folder in xp windows addins folder....which i assume is related to that.

the puzzler to me is the preparing message i've never encountered before and makes me wonder if my system has been compromised in some manner. i have no trojan program installed, but maybe should go that route also.

it makes sense to me there could be a preparing message, but even after connected to kad?

anyone know why it would keep say preparing in loading emule and it already connected?

i may be a bit paranoid, but there are very smart people out there and i'm not all that smart.
):

thanks for any info.

#2 User is offline   Zangune 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2014 - 04:03 PM

View Postegresor, on 05 April 2014 - 05:54 PM, said:

i loaded emule and clicked the kad connect (use it almost exclusively)

If you prefere to use Kad to search files you can do that without any problem, it makes no sense to keep eD2K shouted out, no advantage at all, you can only lost some sources if any in servers network only.

and noticed it showed preparing to right of what connections are at bottom right of gui.

It is UploadSpeedSense, not Kad.
Just wait or fix an upload capacity and limit.

#3 User is offline   egresor 

• Pip

Posted 05 April 2014 - 04:07 PM

View PostZangune, on 05 April 2014 - 12:03 PM, said:

i loaded emule and clicked the kad connect (use it almost exclusively)

If you prefere to use Kad to search files you can do that without any problem, it makes no sense to keep eD2K shouted out, no advantage at all, you can only lost some sources if any in servers network only.

and noticed it showed preparing to right of what connections are at bottom right of gui.

It is UploadSpeedSense, not Kad.
Just wait or fix an upload capacity and limit.

thanks...think i found the problem.

i tried sneaking in an install (doing other things) without closing all open programs and after removing emule and reinstalling with all program closed....it loads without that message....simply connected. that seems to be the problem.

see.....i wasn't lying about not being very smart!

hahah

thanks....guess this post can be listed as answered.

#4 User is offline   Zangune 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2014 - 04:13 PM

There is no problem, UploadSpeedSense needs few seconds to some minutes to start working properly.
You never need to unistall and reinstall eMule.
Read again my answer please.
Anyway I repeat: no problem at all :)

• Member Options

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users