Official eMule-Board: Ok Guys (And Girls), Let Talk About Bitcoin ... - Official eMule-Board

Page 1 of 1

Ok Guys (And Girls), Let Talk About Bitcoin ... me VS. The B.A.N.K.S !

#1 User is offline   Meuh6879 

• GoldMember (Yeah, Baby !)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:02 PM

:flowers: I have bitcoin (less than 1 actually :angelnot: ), i'm mining (because my emule machine work, so ... an asic USB and it's OK) but for you, bitcoin ... it's really a good thing or a Beta World eXperience about currency ?

Personnaly, i love the system with a bitcoin-QT main account on a machine and a "portable wallet" android on my phone with QR code.

It's simple and you have the change in USD or all others moneys when you paid/offer bitcoin to an other person for services.

And, at the finally, you can destroy all wallet by moving alls funds to your phone ... and move to a brand new wallet file ... to erase all previous histories in bitcoin-QT (same things in android with wipe all data file from the android wallet app).

This post has been edited by Meuh6879: 17 December 2013 - 09:06 PM

#2 User is offline   coluche 

• hm ?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:25 PM

Hm,

while the idea behind it seemed interesting to me, I soon got the impression that the mining, like snowball systems, is most useful/ profitable for early adopters, and late comers are more or less screwed.

Also I hate the idea of how much it wastes energy. Just recently I read an (much simplifying, but still) estimation of how many nuclear powerplant equivalents are running for the sole purpose of bitcoin-mining.

And the "my eMule box is running anyways" does not really work, as the box would run at lower power-consumption, and probably also lower CPU/GPU temperatures (=> probably shorter lifespan) without the mining. Depending on what you pay for electricity kW/h, it should result in you paying more than what you "earned". AFAIK lately it is only profitable with special equipment, resp. electricity "for free" (someone else paying for it)

I should not wonder if at some point, it will be mostly electricty "sellers" and "producers" that actively promote bitcoin-mining.

I really hate that wasting aspect. Pretty much like this mandatory media en- and de-cryption (HDCP etc.). This being so annoying and basically useless, but still forced upon everyone. Multiplied by the gazillions of devices that need additional hardware, software, validation, internetconnection and whatnot all raising the e-power consumption, just to ensure this media-"protection", it adds up to ridiculously enormous amounts.

Moreover, I follow the line of thought that the less "profitable" information I use with computers of any kind, the less I need to worry about security, *cryption and all that shit, that to me is only a waste of my lifetime.
(so, for me - no online banking, no credit card information, no i-tunes, no any such stuff on my computer(s) )

well, …

This post has been edited by coluche: 21 January 2014 - 11:33 PM

It's Screamin' Jay Hawkins and he's a Wild Man, so bug off!

#3 User is offline   dungeonlight 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:19 PM

The EZB said, that bitcoins are dangeres... so bitcoins MUST be good !

• Member Options

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users