Page 1 of 1

E-Mule Behavior

#1 User is offline   ozdwarf 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:19 PM

Now I have two questions:
1st – I used to run e-Mule in an HD of 2TB and, suddenly, I was not able anymore to run the program. It is absolutely in good order but did not accept any command to run. And it has 800GB of free space. I can access it, copy any item but not run or save anything on it. A my nephew said that e-Mule has a problem which he found in a Forum: when the program reaches a certain amount of files and a number of MB it stops running. For not stopping my downloads I had to install another HD of 2.5TB and set it as slave, saving all downloads in it. So, I ask: is there any way to fix this problem?
2nd – November, 19, I faced a situation I experienced with the first Windows, that is “Your machine is running in low memory. Please close all programs.” And listed the programs to be closed. Well, this time I was running e-Mule and some others and curiously, the only one advised to be closed was e-Mule. I persisted in the same situation until November, 21, when I closed e-mule to test. And no more alerts from Windows, this meaning that e-Mule took possession of all my Virtual Memory. I neither never shut down my computer nor close e-Mule in respect to the other users since everybody wants to see completed their downloads and there are persons in different areas of time. So, November 22 I closed e-Mule during the day (my time zone of course) and re-started it at night. My machine is not a weak one since I have an 8 core AMD processor, 16GB of Ram, a Sbertooth and a Sapphire. How could it be fixed besides increasing the amount of Virtual Memory or the size of Virtual Pages?

#2 User is offline   Zabadoh 

• Pip

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:56 PM

Try limiting emule's directories to one or two that you actually want to share. See if that helps.

Options > Directories

Then only checkbox the directories that have useful content

#3 User is offline   Zangune 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:22 PM

View Postozdwarf, on 23 November 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

A my nephew said that e-Mule has a problem which he found in a Forum: when the program reaches a certain amount of files and a number of MB it stops running.

It would be false.
How many files? How many gigabytes?

I faced a situation I experienced with the first Windows, that is "Your machine is running in low memory. Please close all programs."

My machine is not a weak one since I have an 8 core AMD processor, 16GB of Ram, a Sbertooth and a Sapphire. How could it be fixed besides increasing the amount of Virtual Memory or the size of Virtual Pages?

eMule is a lightweight program and I never heard something like this, are you sure your system is OK?
How many days did your eMule was running?

#4 User is offline   fox88 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:15 AM

That's pointless to tell things about hardware but nothing about eMule's and other software configuration.
eMule might be a lightweight when used with reasonable settings, but it is simple to make it a resource hog.

#5 User is offline   Zangune 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:01 PM

View Postfox88, on 25 November 2013 - 07:15 AM, said:

eMule might be a lightweight when used with reasonable settings, but it is simple to make it a resource hog.

I don't believe so, can you give me an example please?

#6 User is offline   fox88 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:22 AM

It's not a matter of belief.
Many shared popular files and downloads, long queue, high bandwidth limits - and eMule will use a lot of processor time.

This post has been edited by fox88: 26 November 2013 - 06:22 AM

#7 User is offline   Zangune 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:15 PM

No, the problem is probably related to desktop heap.

#8 User is offline   fox88 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:49 PM

What No?
First, I was talking about eMule being lightweight.
Second, for that particular case we have no information such as requested in this topic.

#9 User is offline   Zangune 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:49 PM

No, I don't think the problem is that eMule uses all ozdwarf's system memory and I believe the problem is about the desktop application heap, but I hope ozdwarf will answer to help us to understand.

#10 User is offline   fox88 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:22 AM

Who said about using all system memory?

#11 User is offline   ozdwarf 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:32 PM

First of all, sorry for only today I post something about my question, after a long time absent. I have to thanks all of you for the worries. I did not discover yet what caused the malfunction of the Mule in the other HD but I believe that sooner I will because my nephew, an expert in TI will come to my home and I will show him all the answers and will ask him to see what is indeed happening since now I have another HD installed as a slave to the first tht has 800MB of free and unused space what is not good. Solving this problem will help not only me but maybe, I believe, lots of others users of the Mule. Once more, Thanks to all. I will be back because I want to understand what caused the "failure".

#12 User is offline   Zangune 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:08 PM

I'd like to know what happened too, so please let us know :)

#13 User is offline   ozdwarf 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:44 PM

View PostZangune, on 14 December 2013 - 02:08 PM, said:

I'd like to know what happened too, so please let us know :)

Hello Friends! First of all this new year days ever and always better than the previews ones!
Now, to the problem:
Zangune (14 December 2013): I talked with my nephew and he said to me that he has read in a forum that e-Mule has a bug about the amount of files in an HD, that is, achieving this quantity e-Mule cannot recognize or manage the content of the HD and crashes.(this HD is a one of 2TB, has 1TB of used space and 838TB of free space)
This information on the unknown forum to me seems to have some sense because as soon as I installed a new HD, slave to the first one, I am able to run e-Mule normally. Previous to this I was able to access any and all files in the "old" HD and even move or copy them to a media. But, when I tried to put e-Mule to connect to the net it would give signals to open but stopped. From the new HD I can connect the net as I'm doing presently. What makes me sorry are the file in the Income Folder of the old HD. In a certain moments while trying to connect appeared a Windows Box saying that e-Mule was experiencing problems and asking me to click for Windows try to find a solution. Of course I do not want Windows shoving its nose in this problem.
In addition to all, I now have a 10Mb connection and would like to know what could I do to increase the speed of my downloads since some files take sometimes 30 days to complete.

#14 User is offline   Zangune 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:42 AM

View Postozdwarf, on 15 January 2014 - 02:44 PM, said:

Hello Friends! First of all this new year days ever and always better than the previews ones!

Hi :) Thanks, to you too :)

View Postozdwarf, on 15 January 2014 - 02:44 PM, said:

I now have a 10Mb connection and would like to know what could I do to increase the speed of my downloads

Did you try to read documentation and the guides yet?

Why Are My Downloads So Slow. (7/22/03)

#15 User is offline   ozdwarf 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 July 2015 - 02:15 AM

Dear Friends,
I have to thanks to all of you that got a time to try to help me. Since a long time I do not use E-Mule because all the problems still persists. Sometimes I try to use but all the time is the same old same? low ID, no matter my having done all suggested by you all. On the other hand, another problem that appeared with the Win 7: "e-mule cause a severe memory dump" appears in a box after a crash with the stupid Blue Screen Of Death. What I think is that something occurs with the Win7 because never happened to be with Win98 and WinXP. These things are present only with the 7 edition of this SO. Why I do not know and have just to "cry" because e-mule was and still is the best one to downloads. I received from MS an upgrade to the new version, for free, and maybe in the end of July. I'm waiting and, after this upgrading I will try to use e-Mule again to see if the problem persists. Of course I have my "guessings" about but I prefer to keep it to me, at least in the moment, in spite of knowing that everybody knows the position of MS about downloadings of anything and this may be in the root of my problem.
By the way, any new version of the e-Mule? Something after the 50a version?

#16 User is offline   xilolee 

• eMule 0.50b BETA1 user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Italian Moderators

Posted 29 July 2015 - 07:40 PM

0.50b beta1.
Usually, bsods appear with some antiviruses/firewalls not completely compatible with Windows.
Sometimes, also some programs like daemon tools and virtual clone cd.
Or Nvidia software/hardware.
Are you using the official version, downloaded from sourceforge.net?
INCONCEIVABLE! - You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
come ottenere aiuto italian guides - guide della sezione italiana
italian support - sezione italiana scaricare la lista server
ottenere id alto impostare le porte nel router
recuperare file corrotti i filtri ip
Sembra talco ma non è serve a darti l'allegrIa! Se lo lanci e poi lo respiri ti dà subito l'allegrIa! Posted Image

#17 User is offline   coluche 

• hm ?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2015 - 09:11 PM

Iirc eMule CAN NOT cause a bluescreen itself, it is always either windows or "drivers" doing this, or faulty hardware.

eMule or not : You should try to get your PC to run stable, check if harddisk or RAM are faulty, solve driver problems (if possible).
It's Screamin' Jay Hawkins and he's a Wild Man, so bug off!

• Member Options

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users