Official eMule-Board: Kmule Build20130705/build20160211 Beta - Official eMule-Board

• (27 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Kmule Build20130705/build20160211 Beta The First Kad Only Mule

#421 User is offline   RejZoR 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:43 PM

Wizard, do you have any plans to update kMule? The thing is, those download dialogs that appear, I think all the URL's used for them are dead (I'm guessing nodes is among them which is why it doesn't connect). At least the IPFilter is dead for sure.

Why not add IPFilter from this page: http://emule-security.org

They seem to provide servers, nodes, IPfilter, maybe they'll allow you to use it directly in the client...

Also, is update to 0.50b planned when official one goes final?
"Something that looks pretty much like a banana but tastes like a peace of pork, though it is a product from a bird!"
Stulle @ Dec 7 2005, 06:16 PM

#422 User is offline   tHeWiZaRdOfDoS 

• Man, what a bunch of jokers...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2015 - 07:11 PM

I have to re-check when I find some time but AFAIR we made all URLs modifyable via .ini. :angelnot:
0.50b - so far - did not add any real value that would require us to update but that may change during beta phase, though.

I will note it in my calendar: next weekend where I have some spare time, I will re-check the source and may release a public alpha for you guys here :flowers:

#423 User is offline   RejZoR 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2015 - 08:19 PM

No rush in releasing alpha, just wondering if you'll be able to release kMule based on 0.50b. I got this OCD where I want everything as up to date as possible, which also includes kMule :D Btw, eMule 0.50b BETA1 is already out! :)

I've disabled startup autodownload in the kMule.ini file, however kMule changed the values from 0 back to 1 by itself. Hm.

Also one more question, those blue globes in Shared files (Shared column). What does that mean? Out of ~5000 files that I share, only a tiny fraction of them have this blue globe next to them.

Oh and is there even a way to faster populate Upload queue on KAD? It seems to take awfully long for anyone to start downloading. I understand how KAD works and that part of the problem is because of how KAD works, but is there no workaround for this other than using servers?

This post has been edited by RejZoR: 26 May 2015 - 08:20 PM

"Something that looks pretty much like a banana but tastes like a peace of pork, though it is a product from a bird!"

#424 User is offline   tHeWiZaRdOfDoS 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:10 PM

View PostRejZoR, on 26 May 2015 - 09:19 PM, said:

No rush in releasing alpha, just wondering if you'll be able to release kMule based on 0.50b. I got this OCD where I want everything as up to date as possible, which also includes kMule :D Btw, eMule 0.50b BETA1 is already out! :)

Oh I know, we've already merged useful stuff into kMule - it's not much, though.

I've disabled startup autodownload in the kMule.ini file, however kMule changed the values from 0 back to 1 by itself. Hm.

Of what?

Also one more question, those blue globes in Shared files (Shared column). What does that mean? Out of ~5000 files that I share, only a tiny fraction of them have this blue globe next to them.

I.e. the file has been indexed, same as in vanilla *mule - it takes quite some time to publish files via Kad and 5k files is really a lot :ph34r:

Oh and is there even a way to faster populate Upload queue on KAD? It seems to take awfully long for anyone to start downloading. I understand how KAD works and that part of the problem is because of how KAD works, but is there no workaround for this other than using servers?

Besides staying online for longer periods? Nope, see your previous question. It takes quite some time to publish stuff via Kad. We could "fake" some DL request and let others "find" you that way but I don't know if that would be a feature that the eMule devs would like to see :woot:

#425 User is offline   RejZoR 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:23 PM

Auto updates on startup. 3 things, IPfilter, media update and modicons.

#426 User is offline   tHeWiZaRdOfDoS 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 May 2015 - 06:42 AM

Just checked, ipfilter entry had a typo (will be fixed), MediaInfo looks OK, same goes for modicons - are you sure you changed the correct .ini (there may be multiple if you switched user settings at some point) :flowers:

#427 User is offline   RejZoR 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 May 2015 - 09:16 AM

But does it actually work or it just "looks OK" ?

#428 User is offline   tHeWiZaRdOfDoS 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 May 2015 - 03:47 PM

Should work... didn't try as I have some compiler errors left to solve :angelnot:

#429 User is offline   ]Axl[ 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 September 2015 - 02:49 PM

Hi all,

Waiting for an update version :-k I am going to change my hd with a SSD....what are the Kmule's suggested settings for SSD usage?

Many thanks

#430 User is offline   pepe0008 

• PipPip

Posted 19 September 2015 - 12:42 PM

Will Kmule support magnet links with eD2k hashes? That would be great!

#431 User is offline   sigmatic787 

• Pip

Posted 20 September 2015 - 07:18 PM

I have downloaded Kmule and it keeps saying "connecting" and preparing. I have done a test of the ports and got "Obfuscation: Enabled

Starting TCP connection test...
TCP test failed! UDP test will not be performed. ." I have a static IP. Help would be appreciated. I am a single user of wifi using cable internet.

#432 User is offline   tHeWiZaRdOfDoS 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:03 AM

View Postpepe0008, on 19 September 2015 - 01:42 PM, said:

Not planned, yet... do you have any documentation on that ready?

View Postsigmatic787, on 20 September 2015 - 08:18 PM, said:

I have downloaded Kmule and it keeps saying "connecting" and preparing. I have done a test of the ports and got "Obfuscation: Enabled

Starting TCP connection test...
TCP test failed! UDP test will not be performed. ." I have a static IP. Help would be appreciated. I am a single user of wifi using cable internet.

First, check if UPnP is enabled in both kMule and your router. If it's not, enable it, it may prevent a lot of work...
If it's enabled and you still have problems, try to forward ports manually. http://portforward.com/ can help you with that.
If that doesn't help either, your ISP may be blocking ports and you would have to ask them to remove that blocking but basically that means you are "screwed" and have to live with a firewalled connection.

This post has been edited by tHeWiZaRdOfDoS: 21 September 2015 - 10:04 AM

#433 User is offline   pepe0008 

• PipPip

Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:36 PM

View PosttHeWiZaRdOfDoS, on 21 September 2015 - 12:03 PM, said:

View Postpepe0008, on 19 September 2015 - 01:42 PM, said:

Not planned, yet... do you have any documentation on that ready?

Not my documentation, but here is the "magnet URI scheme" explained:

https://en.wikipedia...gnet_URI_scheme

A magnet link can contain ED2K hashes, which are described here:

https://en.wikipedia..._identification

I'm sure better documentation exists, but I don't know about it.

#434 User is offline   Zangune 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2015 - 08:02 AM

Shareaza supports magnet links, so the Shareaza's source code repository could be a good starting point.

#435 User is offline   tHeWiZaRdOfDoS 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2015 - 10:40 AM

View Postpepe0008, on 21 September 2015 - 10:36 PM, said:

Not my documentation, but here is the "magnet URI scheme" explained:

https://en.wikipedia...gnet_URI_scheme

That's already sufficient... if I find some time, I'll take a look into it, may be useful, indeed.

View PostZangune, on 22 September 2015 - 09:02 AM, said:

Shareaza supports magnet links, so the Shareaza's source code repository could be a good starting point.

No, that's nonsense... proper documentation is always to be preferred over thousands of source code lines that have to be searched, analyzed and adapted... usually you can write a solution that actually fits your needs in way less time than you need for that search&copy&adapt task :flowers:

#436 User is offline   Zangune 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:31 AM

As you wish! :)

#437 User is offline   Skull66 

• Pip

Posted 02 October 2015 - 11:35 PM

Have not been able to connect with kmule for over a week, installed emule v50b beta1 and after choosing tvunderground server connected straight away on ed2k and kad.

#438 User is offline   pier4r 

• Ex falso quodlibet ; Kad is the major concept behind emule.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2016 - 06:44 PM

Premise: as usual thanks for the effort of the coders.

Now about a related bug. When i was testing my ZZUL TRA TL long ago (2012 i believe) i observed that the client analyzer punished almost everyone due to fast reask and fastXS. It was unlikely that everyone had a bad client.

Now with kmule i have the same behavior. A lot of people pushed to oblivion due to fast reask and source exchange, even if they shared a lot (so they are unlikely leechers or something). Maybe you will have time in the future to limit a bit the harshness of the punishment. I remember that i was thinking about something like "if you are asking too much, but i know you since long time, then the two things balance each other".

This post has been edited by pier4r: 20 January 2016 - 08:29 AM

>>>Feature Request (ICS) or SOTN, EmuleCollectionV2 >>> Emule on old hardware (intel pentium 2 or 3 - via c3 - and so on) with good OS settings and enough ram (256+ mb): great >>>user of: eMule - Xtreme - ZZUL bastard - SharX - SharkX 1.8b5 pierQR - ZZUL-Tra - ZZUL-Tra-TL - kMule - Beba

Extended signature: click.

#439 User is offline   tHeWiZaRdOfDoS 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 January 2016 - 06:23 PM

I'm not in the code right now but fast asks are only increased in case that a request was made so fast that the vanilla client discards it. If those fast requests reach a certain treshhold, the client is punished. It would require some serious debugging to determine why they are asking faster than they should because usually *mule keeps track of last reask times and limits it by itself to not hammer clients - if they still do it, there's probably something wrong with the base client though I can't say I've seen it that often during development of CA.

#440 User is offline   RejZoR 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:15 PM

Is there anything you could do to improve KAD connection speed with other nodes/clients. Or in general what all can you do to KAD part that would improve it in any way? This mod is awesome, but it takes ages to connect to others, it takes ages to share files, it takes ages to start uploading to people etc. I'd like to avoid using servers, but all the mentioned downsides really annoy me.

Or, if I can set existing settings to speed things up without getting banned by other clients or something.

• Member Options

• (27 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users