Official eMule-Board: Kmule Build20130705/build20160211 Beta - Official eMule-Board

• (27 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Kmule Build20130705/build20160211 Beta The First Kad Only Mule

#401 User is offline   buzzqw 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:41 PM

well, thanks anyway!

i will wait :)

BHH

#402 User is offline   Matrik 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:57 PM

Hello !
I install first time Kmule on W.8.1 and Kmule don't want save my ports TCP / UDP when I close and restart Kmule !?! somebody can help me ;)

thanks for reports ;)

Nice Jobs Guys :D
ISSA-NISSA
.:Aqui Finda Sian Nissart:.

#403 User is offline   tHeWiZaRdOfDoS 

• Man, what a bunch of jokers...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:07 AM

Hi Matrik, sorry to hear that.
All other settings are saved, then the "guilty part" is our automatic port check (it checks on startup if the ports to use are free to use and if not, random ones will be selecte). If you disabled UPnP, we will suggest you know what you're doing and will not change them, though - so this should help you.

#404 User is offline   Matrik 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:45 PM

Kmule Random all Ports everystart on my PC with or without UPNP ! it is normal ?
sorry for this ^^ and my poor english ;)

Thanks Wizard ;)
ISSA-NISSA
.:Aqui Finda Sian Nissart:.

#405 User is offline   Narayan1050 

• PipPip

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:37 PM

Hi Matrik,

If you write the right ports directly in preferences.ini, the problem is still present ?

#406 User is offline   Sir_Boagalott 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:42 PM

View PostMatrik, on 13 August 2014 - 03:45 PM, said:

Kmule Random all Ports everystart on my PC with or without UPNP ! it is normal ?
sorry for this ^^ and my poor english ;)

Thanks Wizard ;)

Matrik, I have had this issue as well and its exactly what WIZ says.

If the ports you want kMule to use are already open, kMule becomes confused and wrongly believes another program is using those ports so it will automatically randomly select new ports to use. This can even happen when upnp is disabled.

ex: If I want kMule to use tcp port 4662 - if I restart kMule and port 4662 is still open it will randomly select a different port. (even if upnp is disabled)

This is my workaround for when this happens:

I temporarily select a new port that I dont actually want it to use, but its a port that I know is not currently open, ex tcp port 5662, then save that setting and restart kMule. After the restart it should now be the temporary selected port 5662 and not some random port. If it is now using the selected port 5662 I then change the selected port back to my desired port tcp 4662 and restart. It should now be using the real selected port tcp 4662.

This only seems to happen on 1st install. Once I get it use the ports I want it will keep using my selected ports.

#407 User is offline   ]Axl[ 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:30 PM

Hi Wizard,

There are some (good) news about a new Kmule release with NAT-Traversal and IPv6 compatible?

I am waiting it from 1 year and half :)

Many thanks for this fantastic mod!

Axl

#408 User is offline   tHeWiZaRdOfDoS 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2015 - 04:38 PM

Well, not really, sadly... :(
I am too busy with RL and I didn't hear of any tester, lately... if I find some time I will definitely compile a new version but without some fixes to the new features, it would just be an ALPHA release.

#409 User is offline   ]Axl[ 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2015 - 07:45 PM

View PosttHeWiZaRdOfDoS, on 01 March 2015 - 04:38 PM, said:

Well, not really, sadly... :(
I am too busy with RL and I didn't hear of any tester, lately... if I find some time I will definitely compile a new version but without some fixes to the new features, it would just be an ALPHA release.

I understand, I can't help you with coding but when you will need an alpha/beta hard tester I am ready! ;)

#410 User is offline   Skull66 

• Pip

Posted 23 March 2015 - 04:33 PM

My KMule has been running fine for over a year on Win8.1 x64 but I have recently changed my firewall to using windows firewall with binisoft wfc, and set it to medium filtering, as soon as I did that I have only gotten a firewalled connection with yellow smiley but when I do a test ports I get 2 green ticks for tcp/udp, any suggestions/ideas?

#411 User is offline   tHeWiZaRdOfDoS 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 March 2015 - 05:05 PM

Well, I don't know that firewall (using ESET myself) but you may have to add specific rules for the application "kmule.exe". :-k

#412 User is offline   Skull66 

• Pip

Posted 23 March 2015 - 05:49 PM

View PosttHeWiZaRdOfDoS, on 23 March 2015 - 05:05 PM, said:

Well, I don't know that firewall (using ESET myself) but you may have to add specific rules for the application "kmule.exe". :-k

Thanks for the reply, already added special rules in soft firewall and also rechecked hard firewall. Went back and deleted all rules for KMule and then recreated them and it worked!

This post has been edited by Skull66: 23 March 2015 - 06:23 PM

#413 User is offline   RejZoR 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2015 - 11:13 AM

Why the hell kMule refuses to work all of the sudden? Haven't used it for a while but UPnP doesn't seem to do anything to ports on my ASUS RT-AC87U (and yes, UPnP is enabeld on it). It's always "ports closed" even though everything is set the same as before. It's so bad it doesn't even connect with LowID. It just sits there with red status icon, trying to connect. Windows Firewall has everything allowed... I don't get it what's going on.
"Something that looks pretty much like a banana but tastes like a peace of pork, though it is a product from a bird!"
Stulle @ Dec 7 2005, 06:16 PM

#414 User is offline   tHeWiZaRdOfDoS 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2015 - 10:31 AM

Hm, very strange... did you change your setup, somehow? New firewall/security suite, maybe?

#415 User is offline   RejZoR 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2015 - 10:02 PM

Refreshed the system, UPNP now goes well, but it stays on "Connecting" for hours. It used to connect in few seconds before. Weird that I can't even get yellow "Low ID" connection...
"Something that looks pretty much like a banana but tastes like a peace of pork, though it is a product from a bird!"

#416 User is offline   RejZoR 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2015 - 12:45 PM

Ok, got it working again with the help of user from these forums. It was the most bizarre issue ever. After populating nodes by running vanilla eMule first to populate nodes.dat and then switch back to kMule and with some witchcraft managed to get UPNP working. Really weird.

Is there really no other way to boot clean kMule into KAD network directly without all this crazy fidling?

#417 User is offline   RejZoR 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2015 - 08:51 PM

WHat the hell is with this god damn UPNP. One time it works flawlessly and next time it's just failing for no F reason. Repeatedly even if I change port numbers which worked damn 4 hours ago.

#418 User is offline   tHeWiZaRdOfDoS 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2015 - 09:07 PM

Well, kMule tries to get a nodes.dat automatically - if necessary... thus it's strange that you encounter such issues BUT I don't remember what the old code was or rather what I changed in the meantime - could be some old (unfixed) bug. :angelnot:

#419 User is offline   Skull66 

• Pip

Posted 18 May 2015 - 08:21 AM

For some reason as of yesterday Kmule has started shutting itself down a few minutes after it opens. It doesn't crash and come up with an error it just closes down.

#420 User is offline   RejZoR 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 May 2015 - 01:34 PM

Check the Event Viewer for red entries under Applications. Something is probably logged there...

• Member Options

• (27 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users