Official eMule-Board: Shell Access Context Menu - Official eMule-Board

Page 1 of 1

Shell Access Context Menu Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   m1t0s1s 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 January 2010 - 09:38 PM

It would be nice to see the windows shell access menu for completed files. Eg right-clicking will bring up the windows right-click menu, to open, etc.... Certain avis give vlc problems, so this feature will let me quickly access the "open with" ==>> "media player classic, wmp, etc" menu.

Also having a way to disable it would be nice, as I know that anytime you access the windows api as in this case, things

This post has been edited by Some Support: 12 January 2010 - 10:06 PM

_

The word unblowuppable is thrown around a lot these days, but I think I can say for certain that... (Boom)

btdigg.org is back online at btdig.com and btdigggink2pdqzqrik3blmqemsbntpzwxottujilcdjfz56jumzfsyd.onion
It is like btjunkie in that it only indexes metadata, and with a difference: it crawls dht torrents, not centralized trackers.

#2 User is offline   xilolee 

• eMule 0.50b BETA1 user
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Italian Moderators

Posted 12 January 2010 - 09:52 PM

Is it something different than Preview Multimedia Files - Different Preview Applications ?
INCONCEIVABLE! - You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
come ottenere aiuto italian guides - guide della sezione italiana
italian support - sezione italiana scaricare la lista server
ottenere id alto impostare le porte nel router
recuperare file corrotti i filtri ip
Sembra talco ma non č serve a darti l'allegrIa! Se lo lanci e poi lo respiri ti dā subito l'allegrIa! Posted Image

#3 User is offline   coluche 

• hm ?
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:25 PM

hehe, so for once the board search worked fine for me :D

Please implement this in eMule. :worthy:

View Postxilolee, on 12 January 2010 - 11:52 PM, said:

Totally different.

1st - The FR is for Shared Files tab.
Though, once this was implemented, it could maybe go into the transfers tab, too. Or users just go Shared Files/ Incomplete Files. Sometimes I like to do strange things to temp files.
And it could then even replace the mutliple-preview-apps thingy, which is a hassle to keep up-to-date and such.

I wouldn't know, but hopefully this would be a relatively small coding effort (?), delivering various /multiple, user-extendable achievement.
Without cluttering eMule's own contextual menu(s) up too much.
---------------------------------

Have some pictures to see what is requested - screenshots from Opera Browser in WinXP, with Windows Explorer (v. 6.0.2600) as Shell :

Here you see the Opera browser's own right-mouse-button menu in the downdloads tab, what m1t0s1s and I would like to see in eMule context menu(s) is something like the bottom entry :

Posted Image

Here you can see what happens when you choose the Advanced menu entry : The windows explorer contextual menu for this kind of file (here : zip) pops up. :)

Posted Image

This can be useful in many, various ways :

- User does no longer have to "open folder" to get access to Shell context menu - less clicks, less windows floating around.
- To have this Shell-menu in eMule itself has advantages over switching to and fro Explorer <-> eMule
(Explorer does not tell me how well-or-ill-sourced a file is, how much I uploaded from that file, etc. )
- Shell contextual menu is user-configurable, more or less easily.
- The "Send to" (in German screenshot is Senden an) can be used to do almost anything you want with a file.
by default it only contains entries like "printer", "e-mail", "desktop" and such, but users can create entries for any application, also their own scripts, I think also network or removable devices (?), and whatnots.
- Moreover, almost any upcoming FR "Please include this or that non-eMule-itself-relevant-function in context menu" can be answered with "Configure your Shell menu to do this!" :D

Even if users do not want to sophisticate their Shell context menus much, the "open with" alone, and those menu entries created by application installers are often helpful / provide quick access.

two most simple examples, situations where I do not need another explorer window popped up :

- doubleclicking an audio file for me will play it, inmediately, in winamp, and also replace any playlist I had there.
In Explorer context menu, I can also "enqueue" the file in winamp, or "enqueue and play", or I can "open with" any other application (foobar2000, Audacity, whatever I want).
- a zip file : "open" (doubleclick in eMule) for me will start the 7zip GUI and open the zip into that - most often I do not want that, but instead directly unzip it to
/[some-path or here]/[base-filename or here]/ - or maybe I want to have it directly "opened with" foobar2000. :)

This post has been edited by coluche: 12 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

It's Screamin' Jay Hawkins and he's a Wild Man, so bug off!

#4 User is offline   morph4u 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:12 PM

yeah, shell menu is a nice feature i use in one of my mods :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

This post has been edited by morph4u: 12 April 2012 - 06:57 PM

• Member Options

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users