Replace eMule's notification pop-up system by simple Snarl API calls.
- lightweight: eMule does not need to bring its own notification system anymore.
- avoids complexity: more external code, less to fix.
- optional: if users want pop-ups, they might just run Snarl and are done.
- integrated: Snarl notifications usually look all similar, which is probably better than having a different design for every single pop-up by 3rd party applications.
- supports idling: if the user is afk, Snarl reminds him of missed pop-ups.
- Snarl, by default, bans applications that spam. "Log" popups will cause this. That said, no-one should enable "log" popups anyway.
edit: Snarl 2.6+ won't ban anymore.
A first working draft of this feature is included in beba v2.64, might by refined in later versions.
This post has been edited by Tuxman: 11 May 2013 - 03:02 AM