Official eMule-Board: Best Way To Download A Rare File - Official eMule-Board

Page 1 of 1

Best Way To Download A Rare File

#1 User is offline   NeonMartin 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:59 PM

I am currently trying to download a file with only 1 source/seed. The guy sharing it doesn't have a viewable list of shared files, so I can't try and get anything to offer him in return. As a consequence, I seem to be very low on his queue, and I keep waiting and waiting and not getting much/any of the file in question.

My question is this:

Given my current terrible ratio with the user in question (as I've downloaded ~200MB and uploaded 0MB to him), would it be best for me to delete my credit file, or should I just wait? I am concerned that the more I download from this individual without giving back, the worse my queueing is getting!

Any help would be awesome :)

#2 User is offline   fox88 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:58 PM

In other words, you ask for the best way to cheat (what a great idea - and a fresh one too)?
Docs' page for you: Credits.
If possible, it's faster to download not so rare files. In all cases you need proper eMule settings and patience.

#3 User is offline   NeonMartin 

• Pip

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:01 PM

View Postfox88, on 06 January 2012 - 09:58 PM, said:

In other words, you ask for the best way to cheat (what a great idea - and a fresh one too)?
Docs' page for you: Credits.
If possible, it's faster to download not so rare files. In all cases you need proper eMule settings and patience.

Um... Yeah, I guess you could put it like that *shame face* In my defense, I'm not looking to game the system, I just desperately want this file, and the chances of this person ever downloading a single thing from me are so astronomically low that I just want to maximise my chances of getting the whole file before this guy disappears for good (I've been looking for this particular file for months, on and off.)

I used to use eMule all the time but now that I return to it, I realise that I have no idea what happens in this situation. I've normally been able to pick a number of files that I think the target will be downloading and then hope that he/she can grab some pieces from me just to help me out a little. I love the eDonkey 'share = speed' thing, but it can seem a little unfair to a noob like me if the guy literally doesn't want anything that I have!

Thanks for the link, bud!

EDIT: The guy has gone now! I had less than 50% of the file. I will just have to hope that he reappears at some point! Gah.

This post has been edited by NeonMartin: 06 January 2012 - 11:05 PM

#4 User is offline   fox88 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:25 PM

View PostNeonMartin, on 07 January 2012 - 02:01 AM, said:

I just want to maximise my chances of getting the whole file before this guy disappears for good (I've been looking for this particular file for months, on and off.)

Once again: proper eMule settings (see guides in this forum; and ask in Support forum if you need), try to have eMule running 24/7 and keep sharing (eMule is a sharing tool, not just a downloading) - and hope for the best.
You could try to message the user with the file, asking for assistance, like a friend slot, but your expectations should not be too high.

• Member Options

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users