• Last »

Any News About A New Version?

#1 User is offline   loverboy 

• Magnificent Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 April 2011 - 07:41 PM

Is eMule development going on?
Should we expect a new version in the next few months?

#2 User is offline   Some Support 

• Last eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Yes

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:12 PM

Its quite likely that there will be a new version in this years and i doubt its getting more specific than this :)

#3 User is offline   P2Pmurphy 

• Pip

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:00 AM

Seeing the quite regular updates until April of 2010, eMule development obviously has been discontinued – or is at least on hiatus sine die.

Just my notion.

#4 User is offline   MrIceBHCla 

• Pip

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:11 PM

If you are following the forum regularly, you know that is not true.
What is happening is that there are no bugs found to justify a new version ......

#5 User is offline   starko 

• Splendid Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:39 AM

View PostSome Support, on 15 April 2011 - 09:12 PM, said:

Its quite likely that there will be a new version in this years

years!!! YEARS???? hehehe
It's also theoretically possible that there will be a new version of MS DOS some time soon. :D

View PostMrIceBHCla, on 11 July 2011 - 01:11 PM, said:

What is happening is that there are no bugs found to justify a new version ......

If fixing bugs was the only reason for new versions, Microsoft would be still releasing Windows 3.xx every other year

Bring on some NEW STUFF like visually and usabilitywise improved interface, junk file filtering to name a couple...

Or at least tell us what you guys are working on

This post has been edited by starko: 14 July 2011 - 08:47 AM

Seeking Posted Image, Posted Image and Posted Image Firefox users to translate eMuleSearchPosted Image - a Firefox add-on for running a search for selected text in eMule with just a click. See here for details.

#6 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:02 AM

They are working on eMule. :flowers:
I am an emule-web.de member and fan!

[Imagine there was a sarcasm meter right here!]

No, there will not be a new version of my mods. No, I do not want your PM. No, I am certain, use the board and quit sending PMs. No, I am not kidding, there will not be a new version of my mods just because of YOU asking for it!

#7 User is offline   pier4r 

• Ex falso quodlibet ; Kad is the major concept behind emule.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:37 PM

View Poststarko, on 14 July 2011 - 10:39 AM, said:

View PostSome Support, on 15 April 2011 - 09:12 PM, said:

Its quite likely that there will be a new version in this years

years!!! YEARS???? hehehe
It's also theoretically possible that there will be a new version of MS DOS some time soon. :D

check the release timing on sourceforge then, in the last years (because there is less "urgent" work to do / competition of other p2p softwares / mods of emule itself ) a new version of emule was released for each year.
>>>Feature Request (ICS) or SOTN, EmuleCollectionV2 >>> Emule on old hardware (intel pentium 2 or 3 - via c3 - and so on) with good OS settings and enough ram (256+ mb): great >>>user of: eMule - Xtreme - ZZUL bastard - SharX - SharkX 1.8b5 pierQR - ZZUL-Tra - ZZUL-Tra-TL - kMule - Beba

Extended signature: click.

#8 User is offline   James R. Bath 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:30 AM

View PostMrIceBHCla, on 11 July 2011 - 12:11 PM, said:

If you are following the forum regularly, you know that is not true.

Quoting this for posterity. You obviously are not following emule's development. There have been so many reported and verified bugs in 50a that the real reason there hasn't been a new version has to do with the primary developer being overwhelmed. 50a was and is a mess. Get a mod version if you want fixes or you can move to Texas and pray for things to fall from the sky.
Currently recommending and using: eMule beba 2.63
For slot control only, currently recommending: Tombstone Xtended 1.0 (or higher) if you absolutely must have slot control

Posted Image

Where there is a mule there is fuel. Where there is a stool sits a fool. - Winston Churchill

#9 User is offline   Meuh6879 

• GoldMember (Yeah, Baby !)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 August 2011 - 02:50 PM

View Postloverboy, on 15 April 2011 - 09:41 PM, said:

Is eMule development going on?
Should we expect a new version in the next few months?

use mod (of emule) ... :flowers:
i think this is not your right question ... you would say that "i want more functions in my emule".

#10 User is offline   Tuxman 

• lizzie and prog-rock fanatic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Validating

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:31 AM

"Never change a running system".
(You are officially allowed to copy this phrase to your signatures.)

What is the point of having new versions? Are the existing versions dysfunctional?
[ eMule beba ] :: v2.72 released, v3.00 in the works ...
- feel the lightweight! - featuring Snarl support, the Client Analyzer and tits!
Coded by a Golden eMule Award winner and most people's favorite modder!
Music, not muzak:
Progressive Rock :: my last.fm profile
eMule user since 0.28 ...
-[ ... and thanks for all the fish! ]-

#11 User is offline   MKbis 

• Pip

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:18 AM

If you think in this way, you're killing emule.
p2p is changing a lot, megaupload torrent and new services with faster download speed became popular.
But I prefer emule because is like an archive: old stuff, films, music are not dying in the kad and e2k network.

Developers, what emule needs is CHANGES

A new internet site with updated faq and news, a reunion with all the developers, new features and better decisions.
And imho, stop to develop thounsands of mods and try to develop a better stable official emule.

You could see me as an hypocrite, because i'm not a developer or/and a regular user of this forum, but this is the truth.

eMule is going to sink into oblivion

#12 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:29 AM

Why? The latest version has been very stable and at this point there is no promising concept that could be implemented to improve the network significantly for all those one-click-leechers without severely disturbing the major benefits the current network has, such as many healthy files that last a long time in the network.

The problem is not the software, the problem is that some users think that it's the software's fault when users turn to other platforms, when it's actually their own greediness.

This post has been edited by Stulle: 26 August 2011 - 10:29 AM

No, there will not be a new version of my mods. No, I do not want your PM. No, I am certain, use the board and quit sending PMs. No, I am not kidding, there will not be a new version of my mods just because of YOU asking for it!

#13 User is offline   Tuxman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:20 AM

View PostMKbis, on 26 August 2011 - 12:18 , said:

megaupload torrent and new services with faster download speed (...) eMule is going to sink into oblivion

You have not understood anything about eMule. Go use torrents.
- feel the lightweight! - featuring Snarl support, the Client Analyzer and tits!
Music, not muzak:

#14 User is offline   MKbis 

• Pip

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:16 PM

"The problem is not the software, the problem is that some users think that it's the software's fault when users turn to other platforms, when it's actually their own greediness."

you're right, and it's not software's fault. emule program is great. But no one speaks more about emule. In every blog i read i could see only posts about torrents, jdownloader and other stuffs.
If developers change something, if developers make something new the net will speak about emule and someone will say: "oh it's still a great program".

Some of my friends have newer use emule because they have newer hear about it, because emule doesn't spread itself.

But I continue to prefer emule (and i use emule beba bingo edition, Tuxman)..for now

#15 User is offline   sinisterfin 

• Pip

Posted 15 September 2011 - 03:22 PM

View PostStulle, on 14 July 2011 - 10:02 AM, said:

They are working on eMule. :flowers:

#16 User is offline   sinisterfin 

• Pip

Posted 15 September 2011 - 03:25 PM

I agree greed is a problem but so is longevity a lot of people down load the file they need use it & discard it to free up disk space, with larger & larger hard drives now on the market this should no longer ( I hope) be the case.This will (or should) in a short time increase the availability of files as people will have the space to store them on a practicaly permenant bascis, Emule's speed is only limited by the availability of the required files. P.S. I want a sarcasm meter I have my advanced degree so I should have one <_< where did you guy's get yours

This post has been edited by sinisterfin: 15 September 2011 - 03:40 PM

#17 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:53 PM

I had to do a lot of nasty things to get mines, I'd rather not talk about it!

This post has been edited by Stulle: 15 September 2011 - 04:53 PM

#18 User is offline   Tuxman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:57 PM

Measuring the 90s GeoCities GIF style animation in its center, probably it took you some overcoming at least.
Music, not muzak:

#19 User is offline   Stulle 

• [Enter Mod] Dev
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:10 PM

Well, the worst overcoming had already occurred at the point where I added it to my signature, if you catch my drift.

#20 User is offline   niRRity 

• Avid Post Editor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 October 2011 - 06:46 AM

View PostStulle, on 26 August 2011 - 12:29 PM, said:

Why? The latest version has been very stable and at this point there is no promising concept that could be implemented to improve the network significantly for all those one-click-leechers without severely disturbing the major benefits the current network has, such as many healthy files that last a long time in the network.

The problem is not the software, the problem is that some users think that it's the software's fault when users turn to other platforms, when it's actually their own greediness.

How will implementing features like RSS downloading (which is a standard feature in many modern P2P software) or better fake detection is a bad idea?

Users leave eMule for lots of reasons, poor download speeds is just one of them. There is no development efforts to turn eMule into a more user friendly and accessible software or implementing new helpful features.

You guys are kidding yourselves, sitting in this forum defending and explaining this good project slow but sure demise instead of looking for ways to revive it...

• Member Options

• (18 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users