Official eMule-Board: Too Many (Unknown) Connections - Official eMule-Board

Page 1 of 1

Too Many (Unknown) Connections

#1 User is offline   Kanara 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:55 AM

I have max connections set to 7500, max new connections/5 seconds set to 5, and max half open connections set to 15. But for some reason, my known clients list grows without limit, as far as I can tell. When I last checked, I had 16001 known clients, at least half of which were listed as '(Unknown) Too many connections)'. What am I doing wrong? I can understand that I might have a few more connections than my max connections as eMule tries to figure out which are the good clients, but over double my max connections seems a bit ridiculous. Not to mention the fact that it's slowing down my downloads to a crawl

EDIT: I also have 'fast connection reject' turned on

This post has been edited by Kanara: 02 December 2010 - 05:07 AM

#2 User is offline   Kanara 

• Pip

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:06 AM

View PostKanara, on 02 December 2010 - 04:55 AM, said:

I have max connections set to 7500, max new connections/5 seconds set to 5, and max half open connections set to 15. But for some reason, my known clients list grows without limit, as far as I can tell. When I last checked, I had 16001 known clients, at least half of which were listed as '(Unknown) Too many connections)'. What am I doing wrong? I can understand that I might have a few more connections than my max connections as eMule tries to figure out which are the good clients, but over double my max connections seems a bit ridiculous. Not to mention the fact that it's slowing down my downloads to a crawl

EDIT: I also have 'fast connection reject' turned on

I set my max connections to 2500 and restarted eMule. By the end of a half hour, I have 10k connnections, at least 70% of which are unknown because I have too many connections. The vast amount of connections is slowing my web browsing down. How do I stop this?

#3 User is offline   torpon 

• I'm so tired
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:03 AM

You have 10k known clients. It does not mean 10k connections, since you are con connected permanently to every know client. I doubt your router is able to handle so many connections like you are setting in max connections. Take a look at statistics and see how many max connections did your eMule actually manage.
On the other side you can set max new connections/5 secs to 20 and max half open connections to 9.

Cheers :D

#4 User is offline   fox88 

• Golden eMule
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:32 AM

View PostKanara, on 02 December 2010 - 07:55 AM, said:

I have max connections set to 7500, max new connections/5 seconds set to 5, and max half open connections set to 15.

There's a warning on the Extended settings page, which means: do not play with settings if you do not know what you're doing.
Max connection 400 probably would be good enough in most cases, and two other settings as torpon said.

Edit. It seems you have too many downloads too. You really should have read sticky topics and posted more information.

This post has been edited by fox88: 03 December 2010 - 07:54 AM

• Member Options

Page 1 of 1

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users